In 50 Years Will People Still Believe In God?

sodabox 2012/07/05 15:07:49
Related Topics: God, 50 Years

• MkB 2012/07/05 18:26:59 (edited)
    MkB
    +31
    When under 75 years of communistic rule, millions of Russians did. Despite ridicule, harassment, confiscation of religious property. Atheism was the accepted teaching. Religious beliefs will never perish.

• Guru_T_Firefly 2012/07/14 03:12:43
    Guru_T_Firefly
    Which god?
  • jeane 2012/07/14 00:46:05
    jeane
    LOL - the rumor of God's demise has been great exaggerated. In fact I would be surprised if this present age last 20 more years.
  • Dan (Politicaly Incorrect) 2012/07/14 00:40:57
    Dan (Politicaly Incorrect)
    The gole of Communism is to wipe out God and put Man in his place. This is and always has been the gole of Satan since the begining of time. Of course Satan has and always will fail.
  • sodabox Dan (Po... 2012/07/14 04:03:18
    sodabox
    Satan only killed 10 people in the bible and he had to ask god to do it and god said YES.

Your god is a a baby killer.

-2 Samuel 12 18: he kills David’s baby son (baby suffered for 7 days before dying!)
    -Exodus:12:29 Kills all the firstborn in Egypt
    -In Noah's flood he killed every baby on earth
    -Sodom and Gomorrah: He killed every baby in these two cities
    -1 Samuel 15:3 He orders genocide including babies
    -Miscarriages: These are god's abortions
    -2 Kings 2:24: he rips 42 youths apart for teasing a bald man
  • Dan (Po... sodabox 2012/07/14 08:01:38
    Dan (Politicaly Incorrect)
    Not even what I was talking about. I was talking about Satan's attempt to separate Man from God. By raising Man to the level of God.

Who is your God, Satan?
  • sodabox Dan (Po... 2012/07/14 14:49:25
    sodabox
    I am a septic. I haven't seen any evidence of a god, so I don't have one yet.
  • Dan (Po... sodabox 2012/07/14 21:30:38
    Dan (Politicaly Incorrect)
    You must mean agnostic. You havn't looked. Do you believe in Good and Evil?
  • sodabox Dan (Po... 2012/07/14 21:39:00
    sodabox
    I spent 20 years believing with all my heart and it got me no where. I don't believe evil is a "thing", only an adjective.
  • Dan (Po... sodabox 2012/07/14 21:59:26
    Dan (Politicaly Incorrect)
    Ah so you got disillusioned. What did you expect from beleiving in God?
  • sodabox Dan (Po... 2012/07/15 02:13:39
    sodabox
    I expected a sign, some kind of evidence that he was there. Never saw any.
  • Dan (Po... sodabox 2012/07/15 12:43:58
    Dan (Politicaly Incorrect)
    You didn't look in the right place and maybe expected to much. It's the little things that you didn't look at. Sorry for your dis-illusionment. God is within each of us. This you will have to find out for yourself.
  • sodabox Dan (Po... 2012/07/15 13:12:40
    sodabox
    +1
    It was little things I was looking for. Now I am grown up and I see that you can't even detect the smallest hit of god in things like statistics. For example, christians get sick and die just as much as others. They get hurt during disasters just as much. The go to jail and get divorced just as much.

I am not an atheist. I am a skeptic, which is the logical and open minded way to be. Accepting any god on faith alone is to be close minded to other possibilities.

• Dan (Po... sodabox 2012/07/15 13:32:51
    Dan (Politicaly Incorrect)
    Yes, and a logical argument. No doubt there are those that will beleive anything. Now I listened you your video so I will ask you to look at this site and read this case about demonic possesion and I ask. How can there be demons but no God?
    http://www.trueghosttales.com...
  • sodabox Dan (Po... 2012/07/15 17:27:25 (edited)
    sodabox
    That website is not proof of demons. Sorry. Even if there were demons, they could be from some other religion, almost every religion has demons.
  • Dan (Po... sodabox 2012/07/16 01:23:11
    Dan (Politicaly Incorrect)
    So Emily Rose speaking in a language that has been long dead. Eating flies, spiders, destroying religious symbols. Self mutilation. Her predicting her own death. None of that is proof of a possession? How about the witnesses? Was that a figment of their imagination also?
  • sodabox Dan (Po... 2012/07/16 12:04:13 (edited)
    sodabox
    If it isn't repeatable then it is crap.
  • Dan (Po... sodabox 2012/07/16 23:40:41
    Dan (Politicaly Incorrect)
    Sorry, I don't understand your reply. It is a true story and the people involved went to trial for here death.
    There are many examples of possessions this is just one. How can you just dismiss this? You seem to be in denial.
  • sodabox Dan (Po... 2012/07/17 01:33:01
    sodabox
    Sorry, type-o

If it isn't repeatable then it's crap.
  • Dan (Po... sodabox 2012/07/17 02:19:07
    Dan (Politicaly Incorrect)
    It here are many cases of possessions. This is one of the last cases of an exorcism. The church has raised the bar because there are to many cases. Evil is on the rise in the World. Due to mans immorality and turning away from God. I can however site many more cases. But I think you can do that on your own.
    Satan is real and his goal is to separate man from God. I pray for you and those like you that have turned away. God Bless.
  • sodabox Dan (Po... 2012/07/17 03:28:39 (edited)
    sodabox
    There are cases of people saying they were abducted by aliens. That mean it's true? Nope. People say they saw Bigfoot. That mean it's true? Nope. Some people in India claim to be born of a virgin. True? Nope.

Again, even if there are demons they could be non-bible demons, every religion has them.
  • Dan (Po... sodabox 2012/07/17 07:10:12
    Dan (Politicaly Incorrect)
    In this particular case I sited. You are ignoring the witnesses. Also, what illness causes one to speak in a dead language?
    Demons do not have to go by anything in the bible. In fact. Demons can take many forms they attack through a persons beliefs. Any religion anywhere on earth. They are not limited in that regard.
  • sodabox Dan (Po... 2012/07/17 17:20:04
    sodabox
    Ignoring the witnesses? The people that say they saw Bigfoot ARE witnesses! Get your head on straight.
  • Dan (Po... sodabox 2012/07/17 17:41:59
    Dan (Politicaly Incorrect)
    Ok, you are either in denial or you didn't even read the story. Either way, I know for a fact these things exist. I myself have seen it.
    I don't think anything I show you will convince you. No wonder you turned your back on God. I will pray for your eternal soul. Sorry
  • sodabox Dan (Po... 2012/07/18 17:04:26
    sodabox
    Oh you can convince me easy: just show me repeatable evidence. Something I could do my self to show demons are real. This is how since works. If you can't show how you got your results and other people can't reproduce your results then you have nothing.
  • Dan (Po... sodabox 2012/07/18 21:10:01 (edited)
    Dan (Politicaly Incorrect)
    Well all I can do is show youtube videos and sites. I really do not think you are ready anyway and I will not try to force you. You have a nice day.

Oh and to answer your question. God has always existed and will forever exist.
  • sodabox Dan (Po... 2012/07/19 00:28:31
    sodabox
    "God has always existed and will forever exist." You are pulling that out of thin air. You have nothing to back that up. You might as well said we are just living inside a computer program or unicorns are hollow.

It is sad you don't see the need for repeatable evidence.
  • Dan (Po... sodabox 2012/07/19 00:48:27
    Dan (Politicaly Incorrect)
    Now I tried to end this discussion nicely. But you have to make an ignorant comment.
    When you ask a question. expect answers you may not like or don't ask. Bet you didn't even look at the video, huh?
  • sodabox Dan (Po... 2012/07/19 01:00:57
    sodabox
    How is anything I said ignorant?
  • Dan (Po... sodabox 2012/07/19 01:15:35
    Dan (Politicaly Incorrect)
    "You might as well said we are just living inside a computer program or unicorns are hollow."
    There is no disccusing this any further.
  • sodabox Dan (Po... 2012/07/19 19:05:43
    sodabox
    Replace UFO with Demons and this video says exactly what I am trying to tell you.

• Dan (Po... sodabox 2012/07/20 00:18:37
    Dan (Politicaly Incorrect)
    I know what you are trying to tell me. I am telling you that while most of these incidents are explainable. There is a small percentage that isn't.
    Do you want to see something?
  • sodabox Dan (Po... 2012/07/20 02:39:46
    sodabox
    I don't want to see it if it isn't repeatable. Like Tyson said, if all you have is an eye witness then you have nothing as far as science goes.
  • Pat 2012/07/09 07:45:42
    +1
    I think the numbers of people who don't believe in God will continue to grow but there will still be many who continue to believe.
  • Zeruke 2012/07/08 03:58:05
    Zeruke
    chances are yes.... and if im still alive in 50 years I know I will still believe there is a God
  • troyez 2012/07/07 22:41:53
    troyez
    +3
    So in the 4000 years of civilized society humanity has consistently believed in God, why would the next 50 years change that? The question is childish and short-sighted; take a look at history! What makes this generation so sure that God is not real, and that they've got all the answers? Were the ancients just stupid?! I beg to differ - faith in God will continue and arrogant humanity will continually fail to learn anything from history.
  • Gregaj7 troyez 2012/07/07 23:14:54
    +1
    Well stated!
  • sodabox troyez 2012/07/08 02:26:05
    sodabox
    The "ancients" were ignorant of science and they didn't have the internet.

internet is where religions come to die
  • troyez sodabox 2012/07/08 04:54:13
    troyez
    +1
    Here you go:
    http://scienceblog.com/20159/...

The fact that you have the internet and that you still called the ancients ignorant tells me all I need to know about you.
  • sodabox troyez 2012/07/08 17:16:50
    sodabox
    You didn't define who these "ancients" were. Most of the ones on that page you linked to are NOT christians so they were NOT ignorant.
  • troyez sodabox 2012/07/08 23:57:52
    troyez
    +2
    So no believer (Christian, Buddhist, Hindu, etc) ever invented anything or contributed to civilization in any way? Your original question just asked about "God," which, I assume, covers all theistic religions (you did not specify, want to start over?). And by "ancients," I meant the people throughout history who helped build civilizations and who contributed positively to humanity. Your blanket statement that implies Christians were/are ignorant is amazing; who, in your opinion, is not ignorant?

BTW, I'm pretty sure your original question was meant to serve as troll bait, which is weak and tells us much about your character, but that is only my opinion.

2014/09/01 11:20:37