I'm thrilled at Luger's loss

Adakin Valorem~PWCM~JLA 2012/05/14 14:02:10

By Neal Boortz

Today I better understand the people of Indiana and there decision to send Republican Senator Richard Luger packing in Tuesday’s primary. Luger has never been a particular focus of mine, but early this week I did learn two things about this 36-year Republican Senator:

1. He refused to sign the “Taxpayer Protection Pledge” saying that he would not vote to raise taxes on individuals or businesses; and,
  2. He was the ONLY GOP Senator who did not stand up on the floor of the U.S. Senate to speak out against ObamaCare.

Now I’ve learned something more about Luger. Like so many more in Washington, both Democrats and Republicans, Luger is more concerned about keeping his position of power and prestige than he is about preserving this country and our economy for our children, grandchildren and future generations. This past weekend Luger became desperate. He pulled out a campaign ad that is most often used by Democrats … a campaign ploy that Democrats have used every single election since 1952. He ran an ad showing a lovely grandma. The TV ad told you that if you voted for Luger’s opponent he would ... you guessed it … take your Social Security away!

The failure and collapse of Social Security is the most predictable disaster this country has ever faced. It’s as certain as the next sunset --- yet these power-mad Washington politicians just can’t bring themselves to do anything about it. Every DC politician knows that as soon as they suggest any reforms with Social Security some political enemy is going to get out there and frighten insecure wizened citizens with tales of financial disaster and tasty dog food.

Good riddance Dick ….. Luger.

http://www.boortz.com/weblogs/nealz-nuze/2012/may/10/now-im-t...

== == == ==

RE: Social Security – In 1996, then Congressman Mark Sanford (former SC Gov. and long before he discovered the “Appalachian Trail”) submitted a bill that he coauthored with retired Chilean Finance Minister José Piñera that would have mandated private ownership of Social Security accounts for workers under 35 years old. Sanford’s proposal would have directed 2/3s of the 13.65% FICA payment into the worker’s own account and provide them with a menu of mutual fund choices similar to the “Thrift Savings Plan” that Federal Employees now have. The remaining 1/3 of their FICA payment would continue to fund the existing Ponzi system that provides payments to existing Social Security beneficiaries of our now deficit laden system. Boortz is correct in that the problem we are having today, were known long in advance, and Sanford’s proposal was specifically blocked by both RINO and Democrat “leadership” in congress. - Adakin

Read More: http://www.boortz.com/weblogs/nealz-nuze/2012/may/...

• Boomer 2012/05/14 18:53:47
    Boomer
    +1
    Another buttwipe RINO gone, let's line up the rest and get rid of them also.
  • john Kills 2012/05/14 14:40:50
    john Kills
    He needed to go. They should be taking their oath seriously when they take office.
  • Adakin ... john Kills 2012/05/14 14:53:04 (edited)
    Adakin Valorem~PWCM~JLA
    +1
    What is really interesting is that Luger didn't even LIVE in the state he claimed to represent. He sold his home there over three decades ago and asked the buyer to forward his mail to him. The only reason that came to light last year was that the owner sold the house to a new buyer that didn't know why she was getting mail addressed to their state's U.S.Senator!

It turned out that Luger hadn't lived in In Indiana for over three decades and owned a home just outside of Georgetown in VA where he could live close to "THE RULING CLASS" of which he was a member in good standing... especially with the DEMOCRAT members.

== == == ==
    "Luger, who once served as Mayor of Indianapolis, lost the support of his base in Indiana when it appeared he was out of touch with his constituents because he has lived in Washington for the past 35 years, rarely visited his home in Indiana, and actually did not qualify in his home county to vote because of his residency status." http://jerry611.newsvine.com/...
  • john Kills Adakin ... 2012/05/14 14:54:38
    john Kills
    I did not know this. Thanks for sharing.
  • MisterD 2012/05/14 14:23:04
    MisterD
    +1
    Good points, Boortz! Good-bye, Luger!
  • MichaelJ 2012/05/14 14:21:37
    MichaelJ
    +1
    I think thisis great! People accuse conservatives of trying to elect enough TEA party supporting representitives to block furthur spending.

They accuse us of being the party of 'NO' and if that were true it would be great. The time has come to inject REALITY into federal government spending. If you can actually believe that either of our political partys will balance the budget, I congratulate you for your innocense and ability to believe damn near anything.

One thing and one thing only will stop the spending in DC and that is having enough elected Reps. to make it impossible to raise the debt limit. They will balance the budget when they are FORCED to balance it.
    +1
    I also take great encouragement from Dick Lugar's loss.

Watch out, RINO's. I've got you in my sights.
  • Adakin ... Temlako... 2012/05/14 14:33:29
    Adakin Valorem~PWCM~JLA
    +1
    Go ahead Rino... Make My Day!

Make My Day
  • Temlako... Adakin ... 2012/05/14 21:42:17
    I think that one was, "Seein' as this is a .347 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and can blow your head clean off, you gotta ask yourself, 'Do I feel lucky today?' Well?"

2014/09/23 06:20:45