I'm sorry; but Romney is giving this election away; is a brokered Convention in the future?

Space Invader 2012/07/09 11:15:07
Romney seems to be a nice guy and all(No Obama for sure).
He's getting beaten up;badly. And he doesn't seem to want to defend himself(at least at the present time)

Will there be a call for a brokered convention to either wake up Romney; or will an outspoken SOB take his place that will stand up to Obama?

• U-Dog 2012/07/09 11:24:21
    maybe
    U-Dog
    +9
    It is starting to look a lot like a repeat of the McCain campaign and that is certainly not a winning tactic.

• edifyguy 2012/07/10 14:03:34
    maybe
    edifyguy
    +2
    I would be surprised, truthfully. I think that, for better or for worse, no one will contest him.
  • burningsnowman 2012/07/10 10:06:44 (edited)
    no
    burningsnowman
    +3
    First off no, of course not. Having a brokered convention would be suicide given how much it would anger his supporters and absolutely does not have the support of the wall street donors. Only delusional Ron Paul supporters think that is at all a possibility.

Second, it's way too early to say he's finished. He technically hasn't even been nominated yet or choose a VP. He hasn't really unleashed the super pac money he's getting including the $395 million from the Kochs. Plus the economic news now is HORRIBLE.
  • Q 2012/07/10 07:19:03
    no
    Q
    +1
    Don't worry SI as soon as Willard picks a VP he/she will fulfill their duty of being his political attack dog...just wait and see.

There won't be any brokered convention, get used to Willard flaws and all. Its too bad Romneys the candidate you ended up with because with this slumping economy someone like Cristy or even Mitch Daniels would be up ten points at the polls right about now.
    mitt romney OK fine already political cartoon
  • edifyguy Q 2012/07/10 14:05:18
    edifyguy
    +1
    I hope you're right. I love the picture; it says it all. Where can I get a real sign like that?
  • Christine/Rest in peace Pet... 2012/07/10 07:12:31 (edited)
    Christine/Rest in peace Peter Br
    +1
    I do not know what is going on with Romney, but he seems to have lost his fire. He does not have the same fire and energy he had in the primary of 2008. I noticed that McCain seemed to be sleepwalking during his presidential election, and now I am getting that same feeling with Romney.

Romney can never match the dirty politics and resources of the left to throw mud and demonize, but he needs to show some fire. Americans need to feel confident that if Romney is elected he will have the energy to carry through his promises of getting rid of Obamacare and has the leadership to redirect us out of the darkness and back into the sunshine.

He is trying to be so careful not to offend any voting group, that he is not standing up for Americans the way he used to. This is not the time for that. We have to have leadership now. Our country needs leadership that Americans can believe in, and real hope
  • Dan ☮ R P ☮ 2012 ☮ 2012/07/10 06:51:31 (edited)
    maybe
    Dan ☮ R P ☮ 2012 ☮
    We can only hope so and hope a real constitutionalist gets in, because someone with a record of public service similar to Obama is definitely not the best choice.
    Everything between hiding public records to illegal Obamacare is eerily similar between the two.
  • TuringsChild 2012/07/10 06:01:49
    yes
    TuringsChild
    +1
    It was decided a long time ago. There will be a brokered convention, where Jeb Bush will get the nod. That's right, folks! BUSH III is coming to a White House near YOU!

Enjoy your chains, sheep!
  • Marianne723 2012/07/10 05:31:55
    Marianne723
    +1
    Romney is probably being threatened with something just like everyone else that has went up against him......even the Supreme Court judge. SAD, SAD,SAD what this country has become. Only God can save her now. The people of today are too weak and wimpy.
  • Foxhound BN0 2012/07/10 03:32:07
  • WhereIsAmerica? ~PWCM~JLA 2012/07/10 02:58:40
    no
    WhereIsAmerica? ~PWCM~JLA
    Doubtful.
  • Roger 2012/07/10 01:33:39
    no
    Roger
    +2
    I have heard this before and I am not so sure that what Romney is doing isn't really just a shrewd tactic. I believe the Romney camp is just staying quiet on purpose right now. Obama is in self-destruct mode. He has to repeat the same old rhetoric and talking points and people are tired of it and it is getting old. The Democratic pundits go on the Sunday news shows and have to spew out the same old garbage and it is getting less believable each time. The Liberal Media is grasping at straws and looking more and more ridiculous. By Romney staying quiet none of them has anything new to attack. I believe Romney will come out hard and strong during the debates and give the Obama Camp no time to prepare. At the same time he is saving money to really put it out there in the later months before the election. I think at that time he will destroy Obama. I have thought this is what they were doing for a long time and I think it will work. At least I hope it is what he is doing!
  • edifyguy Roger 2012/07/10 14:07:05
    edifyguy
    You could well be right. That makes a lot of sense.
  • sick'n'tired PWCM 2012/07/10 00:51:32
    sick'n'tired PWCM
    +1
    IDK. But you are 100% correct in that he is throwing this election. "We the People" have no say any more.
  • MarinerFH 2012/07/09 23:29:39
  • 4dc 2012/07/09 22:57:02
    maybe
    4dc
    romney needs to get his lazy ass in gear
  • DJL 2012/07/09 22:09:40
    no
    DJL
    +2
    Sometimes it is best to stay quiet and let your opponents say all the stupid stuff.
  • edifyguy DJL 2012/07/10 14:08:38
    edifyguy
    Yes, but you can't do that right up to the end. For right now, sure—let Obama make a fool of himself, but ultimately Romney has to make the case for why people should choose him.
  • DJL edifyguy 2012/07/10 23:36:24
    DJL
    They will choose him because he is not Obama
  • Freeranger 2012/07/09 21:34:10
    Freeranger
    I have no idea.....but I don't know how much more I can take of Romney allowing himself to be bitch slapped. He was never my choice to begin with and now, those who wanted him as their's are seeing the results.
    Gritting my teeth and ducking for the next four years.
  • Bob S 2012/07/09 16:44:59
    no
    Bob S
    +2
    Having said NO toa brokered convention, I do agree that Romney had better strike while the irons are hot. With such bad news daily and to have Obama about even is beyond my comprehension.
  • Swampdog PWCM 2012/07/09 16:28:14
    maybe
    Swampdog PWCM
    +2
    If Mittens doesn't get aggressive in his campaign, Obama will be re-elected.
  • SoCalEx-Dem 2012/07/09 16:13:01
    no
    SoCalEx-Dem
    +2
    I don't see a brokered convention happening. Of course I'm not a Republican so what the hell would I know about their intentions. I hope not, I just want Obie gone.
  • Diane Spraggs Yates 2012/07/09 15:38:20
    Diane Spraggs Yates
    +3
    I do not have a tea cup to read the leaves but he is trying to be nice but you need to bring that gun to the fight !!!!!!
  • Richard Hungwell AKA Relent... 2012/07/09 15:37:47
    maybe
    Richard Hungwell AKA Relentless
    +2
    I sure hope someone will take his place. He is a joke, it's like the republican party isn't even trying. Sure he's better than obama, but not by much.
  • Technotrucker_exposingthetruth 2012/07/09 15:14:26
    yes
    Technotrucker_exposingthetruth
    +7
    Romney is far from being a nice guy. His house of ill repute is crumbling around his big head. He can't remember where he stood on a stance an hour ago, nor does he care. He simply wants to put the POTUS label on his resume. King of thieves is more appropriate. He is a mobster of the worst kind. He does it openly and with no regrets. Federal Election violations, campaign finance fraud, insider trading, banking theft, hidden offshore accounts to name a few. If he truly was about creating jobs, he would bring back the dozens of jobs he sold to China that he holds major shares in.
    People not seeing through this obvious shill, and shell of a real man are direct results of the DOE the govt forces upon them.
  • Franklin 2012/07/09 14:50:15
    Franklin
    +5
    ...hold your guns (he is ) Obama has been campaigning for over a year now with both public and private funds (20 billion tax dollars to promote Obamacare etc ) and he is even with President mitt Romney in the polls ....Romney does not need to win the polls he needs to win the election ! Anything he says or does right now will be attacked with lies and spin ...he needs to keep his head down until the big fight and push at the end its the only way to get past the lies and hate that fuel the DNC
  • ☆ElenaDiamond☆ 2012/07/09 14:21:33
    no
    ☆ElenaDiamond☆
    +4
    No. There will be no brokered convention, and we had best pray there isn't because a brokered convention would GIVE Obama a second term on a silver platter. Romney will win the nomination. Period.
  • Theresa 2012/07/09 14:08:33
    yes
    Theresa
    I have been saying that the convention will be brokered and a different dark horse candidate will emerge. I feel that could be Allen West.
  • DefendnProtect 2012/07/09 13:53:07
    no
    DefendnProtect
    +8
    Romney is facing prison time.

• Space I... Defendn... 2012/07/09 13:54:44
  • ☆ElenaD... Defendn... 2012/07/09 14:22:19
    ☆ElenaDiamond☆
    +6
    LOL!!! Rubbish.
  • Defendn... ☆ElenaD... 2012/07/09 14:33:30
    DefendnProtect
    +4
    I'm sure you don't want another criminal in the WH either. Let's hope he can quietly leave the race without doing anymore damage to the GOP.
  • Mariann... Defendn... 2012/07/10 05:35:45
    Marianne723
    +2
    As Obama should be.
  • Defendn... Mariann... 2012/07/10 09:38:03
    DefendnProtect
    Absolutely.
    yes
    +5
    Ron Paul has some interesting things lined up. I wouldn't rule out a brokered convention yet.
  • Bob DiN 2012/07/09 12:59:39
    no
    Bob DiN
    +5
    Romney has more than eough delegats than he needs for nomination. A brokered convention is highly unlikely.
  • Technot... Bob DiN 2012/07/09 15:18:10
    Technotrucker_exposingthetruth
    +5
    Feel free to show me the actual delegate count. Since no delegate is bound, and the dirt is being exposed on Romney more each day, his support is questionable at best. Even the GOP is concerned they have pulled another McCain. We all know how well that worked out.
    Aren't you tired of being offered a CEO for the US Corp?
  • Bob DiN Technot... 2012/07/09 15:57:22
    Bob DiN
    +1
    They'll go with Romney. If you think they are not you'll be disappointed.
  • Liberty... Bob DiN 2012/07/09 15:20:25

2014/09/02 21:32:27