Im a liberal.. So that must mean im a jobless loser who collects welfare and hates my country right?

The Aging Yankee Liberal Douche 2013/01/15 19:01:36
Someone just said that to me. People like this are the main reason why im liberal. And blocked me before I could defend myself.

• l8rthen 2013/01/27 15:14:43
    Other..
    l8rthen
    +1
    To answer in the seeming vein in which it was asked: I do not have enough facts to determine if you are on welfare or th reson why. Nor do I know if you are a socialist.
  • Scrappyang 2013/01/21 15:48:17
    No.
    Scrappyang
    +1
    nlly in the minds of those who do not know how to not hate. And mostly they hate themselves and just don't know it yet.
  • gfreeman BN-0 2013/01/17 20:08:24
    Other..
    gfreeman BN-0
    +3
    Welcome to sodahead! It's an alternative reality where RWNJ come to have their ego's stroked by other RWNJ's!
  • Torchmanner ~PWCM~JLA 2013/01/17 15:24:00
    Yes.
    Torchmanner ~PWCM~JLA
    +1
    No. It generally means that you support this entitlement agenda. Taking from those who have earned it and giving it to those who don't bother to try is wrong.
  • Classical Liberal 2013/01/16 19:52:38 (edited)
    No.
    Classical Liberal
    +2
    You're probably not a liberal either, though. Very few who identify as such actually are. For example, if you're an avid supporter of our current President, you cannot possibly be a liberal, as his policies are at direct odds with liberalism.

Anyway, assuming that you are a left-statist; as most who identify themselves as liberal in this Country are; chances are that you're either a college student or a college graduate in a reasonably well-paid position, but not very intelligent or knowledgeable despite that fact.
  • Debra S... Classic... 2013/01/22 15:12:34
  • Classic... Debra S... 2013/01/22 16:13:59
    Classical Liberal
    Most "liberals", who can only parrot left-wing propaganda despite often having higher levels of "education" than myself, sometimes even in technical fields.
  • Debra S... Classic... 2013/01/22 16:18:17
  • Classic... Debra S... 2013/01/22 16:27:33 (edited)
    Classical Liberal
    Not at all. Most people are notorious crowdthinkers. Take them away from their crowd and they're incapable of rational debate (and they aren't in their crowd, either -- they only render rational debate impossible). This goes for conservatives, too.
    References? We're on sodahead. You're surrounded by them.
  • Debra S... Classic... 2013/01/22 16:30:01
  • Surly Curmudgen 2013/01/16 19:27:33
    Other..
    Surly Curmudgen
    +1
    Also a racist Luddite who thinks you can live on unicorn poop.
  • The Agi... Surly C... 2013/01/16 19:44:35
    The Aging Yankee Liberal Douche
    why? just because my policies differ from yours?
  • Surly C... The Agi... 2013/01/16 20:45:02
    Surly Curmudgen
    nope from your posts on many polls.
  • The Agi... Surly C... 2013/01/16 20:57:00
    The Aging Yankee Liberal Douche
    +1
    What have I ever said that was racist. My best friends are filipino and black. You dont know me, so dont accuse me of being something you know nothing about. If you disagree with me politically fine. But dont be a jackass. Youre acting like a rwnj.
  • Surly C... The Agi... 2013/01/16 21:39:42
    Surly Curmudgen
    You are a progressive! Racism is the sine qua non of progressivism. Progressivism can not exist without instigating "lets you and him fight". To do that they always foment racial hatred and class warfare. Look up the attitude of the soviet leaders towards "people of color", you will be abhorred.
  • The Agi... Surly C... 2013/01/16 21:52:28
    The Aging Yankee Liberal Douche
    +1
    Youre right i am progressive. Doesnt make me a racist though.
  • Surly C... The Agi... 2013/01/16 22:19:22
    Surly Curmudgen
    +3
    There is a clear history on the left of institutional racism. On the right there have been only isolated individuals displaying that abhorrent idiocy.
  • Scrappyang Surly C... 2013/01/21 16:03:13
    Scrappyang
    +1
    And with such a comment you say this man lives in a "dreamworld"?
  • Surly C... Scrappyang 2013/01/21 17:44:29
    Surly Curmudgen
    So refute the statement.
  • Scrappyang Surly C... 2013/01/22 14:54:56 (edited)
    Scrappyang
    +1
    Well sir, i happen to believe there has been more than enough racism to go around on both sides. In my personal experience, i have seen many more Klan members on the right siide of the middle than the left. But then I have only observed personally from the 60's on towards the past year. Your statement of "history" may have been acurate at one point, but certainly not in the past 50 years. Being from TN, you should know this.
  • Surly C... Scrappyang 2013/01/22 17:18:23
    Surly Curmudgen
    Just what gave you the impression that some KKK members might be Republican? Are you aware that the KKK considered Republicans as no better than blacks and hung them on a regular basis? I did some work for the county registrar and those suspected of being radicle racists were all registered Democrats. Like I said above, on the politicle left discrimination and racism are a built in part of their instatutions. On the right there have been only isolated individuals.
  • Scrappyang Surly C... 2013/01/21 16:02:19
    Scrappyang
    +1
    Actually all of that sounds more like those who want to go backwards to BCW (before Civil War) than to a progressive who is forward thinking.
  • Surly C... Scrappyang 2013/01/21 17:43:56
    Surly Curmudgen
    AAHHH you think that because they named themselves progressive that they really are progressive. Do you think communists are progressive? The communists, early in the last century, adopted the term progressive hoping to hide their agenda. Their agenda and ideology are regressive not progressive. Wanting to return to before the civil war, slaves and masters, is exactly what the progressives want .
  • Scrappyang Surly C... 2013/01/22 15:07:25 (edited)
    Scrappyang
    Ah no, never did I mention the word communism, nor have I EVER believed in or practiced anything to do with it. I do recall learning about it and figuring out what was wrong with it when many rightwingers were refusing to let their children read anything about it. My very own thoughts were - how can you know the enemy to identify, if you don't what that enemy is or is not? Actually by making so many references to "past history" "turn of the last century" you prove a point for one who has never moved forward to try to better oneself from those exact issues, but rather live when those things and thoughts abounded. For everything but your computer, that is. To know our history is to not repeat it, is very true, but not to repeat that history by living it daily!! And no, Sir, i don't consider myself to be a liberal. i am liberal thinking about social issues as i am Christan and attempt to live the sort of life Jesus did socially, but i am conservative as far as fiscal policy is concerened. i am pro gun, but also pro separation of church and state. Thus i consider myself a moderate - partly liberal and partly conservative and why i have never voted a straight party ticket since my very first election. which was the first i was eligable to vote.
  • Surly C... Scrappyang 2013/01/22 17:23:15
    Surly Curmudgen
    The progressives are communists in disguise. Liberals are progressives in disguise. You will find true or classicle liberals on the right calling themselves conservatives.
  • Scrappyang Surly C... 2013/01/23 21:25:06
    Scrappyang
    The right propaganda to a tee!
  • Surly C... Scrappyang 2013/01/23 21:54:30
    Surly Curmudgen
    It is spelled out very clearly in the communist agenda? Infiltrate and gain control of the political parties. The Democrat party is under communist control and has been for a good thirty years. The Republican party has many infiltrators and is very close to full control by progressives.
  • Scrappyang Surly C... 2013/01/23 22:09:17
    Scrappyang
    You buy into junk and there is no use in trying to show you where you are wrong. You never address the issues that address your comment but move on to something else drogatory. I'm not going to try to have a civilized debate with you. No, i'm not "running away from the truth." I'm tired of answering you and you going off on another tagent!
  • Debra S... The Agi... 2013/01/22 15:14:04
  • Surly C... Debra S... 2013/01/22 17:26:40
    Surly Curmudgen
    So... I cite factual information and get labeled a "nut job", OH WELL I have been called worse.
  • Debra S... Surly C... 2013/01/22 18:57:47
  • Surly C... Debra S... 2013/01/23 21:53:54
    Surly Curmudgen
  • HOMBRE 2013/01/16 19:22:37 (edited)
    Other..
    HOMBRE
    +1
    If you say so. Who am I to argue such valid points. You won man this debate;)
  • AG 2013/01/16 18:54:17
    Other..
    AG
    +2
    No, but you're an idiot IF you believe that others that work hard must pay for other people to sit around and do nothing.
  • The Agi... AG 2013/01/16 19:01:18
    The Aging Yankee Liberal Douche
    +3
    no... we believe that certain people deserve a break and some help from the government. like how you guys say not all rich people are greedy bastards, not all poor people are lazy and dont want to work.
  • AG The Agi... 2013/01/16 19:25:03
    AG
    +1
    There is SO MUCH entitlement fraud out there, and the left fails to realize this completely. I see it ALL the time in REAL life, not on TV. Most of the rich, greedy people that you speak of are either: A. in our FEDERAL GOVERNMENT wasting OUR money (both democrats AND republicans), or B. in bed with our FEDERAL GOVERNMENT (those receiving government bailouts which is more of OUR money, or Hollywood elitists whom believe the rich should pay more, except they THEMSELVES seem to not fall into that category). Vast majority of those that actually have money in society are the ones responsible for providing YOU with jobs. If there was no upper class, there would be no middle class either. Society works from the bottom up, not from the top down. People in the bottom have to strive for the top, not those at the top GIVING everything they have to those at the bottom. Basically, if there is NO incentive for anyone to work, why would anyone do so? Class warfare is dangerous to encourage, and Obama seems to love to do so. It started wars in Germany, Russia, and pretty much anywhere where totalitarian dictatorships took place. For now, you live in America were you have the FREEDOMS to strive to better yourself. You do want to better yourself, right?
  • The Agi... AG 2013/01/16 19:48:03
    The Aging Yankee Liberal Douche
    +2
    youre putting words in my mouth. i never said that i didnt want an upper class and i never said that government corruption was okay. i believe that the rich should pay more taxes because they can afford to pay more taxes. not them pay less and everyone pay more, like thats gonna help the economy. dont you think the rich will get just as greedy as the government when it comes to money? people are greedy by nature. not all rich people are like that ill agree, but then again not all poor people are just lazy moochers who want to rely on everyone else like you rwnjs think.
  • AG The Agi... 2013/01/16 20:02:30 (edited)
    AG
    +1
    Okay, now you are putting words in my mouth. There is no "everybody" when it comes to explaining the rich, and explaining the poor. Some fit the categories that I explained, others do not. And I didn't say you personally, I said the "left". If I wanted to attack you personally, I would've just said you're a f***ing idiot for being a liberal, but I did not. Here is what you need to know though: increased taxation during times when unemployment is high and the economy is in the dumps is NOT the way to recover the economy. When taxes go up, business have to pay more to the federal government. When businesses have less money, they have to make cuts. That usually includes cutting JOBS. What the government said about raising taxes on only the wealthiest Americans, was and is, a LIE. Check your pay stubs. Everyone's taxes went up!! Now that everyone's taxes went up, everyone now has to spend LESS of their money, because they have less. When consumers spend LESS, business make less revenue. Less revenue along with increased taxation like I said earlier= less jobs!
  • l8rthen The Agi... 2013/01/27 18:17:54
    l8rthen
    What is the fair amount that those who are financially successful should be paying?
  • Scrappyang AG 2013/01/21 16:11:57
    Scrappyang
    +1
    Why do those who cry fraud never mention the doctors who overcharge the systems, the pharmacudical companies that gouge the public for med costs and the government even more so, etc.? Why is it always people who need help that are the frauds? There are enough on both sides, but those who get help fraudulantly cost far less than the big companies - and most doctors are corporations nowdays - do!!!! if you are goin to string up one segment, you need to string up both. And if you think the companies and docs are bettering themelves because thay can steal from taxpayers better, who has the mental problem and lack of believing in freedom????

2014/12/19 23:30:13