Illegal Alien Demands Congress not to call him 'illegal' - What should we call illegal aliens?

Daryl 2013/02/13 18:16:57

WASHINGTONTIMES.COM reports:
Jose Antonio Vargas, an illegal immigrant and former reporter, scolded a congressional panel on Wednesday, saying that he should not be called illegal, and saying it is an insult to his family who brought him here.

illegal immigrant reporter scolded congressional panel wednesday illegal insult family

Read More: http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/inside-politic...

• syl 2013/02/19 19:03:56
    Call illegal aliens, illegal aliens
    syl
    Seriously ridiculous. If you're illegal, you're illegal-period. You need to go through the proper channels to become a citizen.

Whining about it is pretty unbelievable.
  • mustangluver 2013/02/18 07:20:57
    Other
    mustangluver
    Criminals...
  • us 2013/02/18 03:52:29
    Call illegal aliens, illegal aliens
    us
    IF he came here illegal than he is illegal,
  • Redneck 2013/02/17 15:18:06
    Call illegal aliens, illegal aliens
    Redneck
    Don't like being an illegal alien, then leave. That is exactly what you are. You're an alien to this country and you're here illegally.
  • johnpaul Redneck 2013/02/17 21:18:41
    johnpaul
    Freedom lives outside the expectations of others, and only freedom breeds real tolerance. Why hate a human without a cause!
  • Redneck johnpaul 2013/02/18 03:39:38
    Redneck
    Don't get me wrong, I don't hate illegals at all. Not one bit. I actually don't mind them being here, to an extent, but don't sit there and demand that we give you legal status because you broke the law. If we do so, it's because we see fit, not because we're forced to. We are a nation of laws which must be enforced evenly. Crap, I've even got a cousin inlaw who is an illegal. Should something be done? Sure, but not because all of these poor people yearn to be counted, but so they will be paying taxes and contributing.
  • johnpaul Redneck 2013/02/18 13:31:24
    johnpaul
    Sorry but we are not a nation of laws, but a nation with a legal system which = A religious system, Simply put is somebody making rules. That supposely the marjority is for. And there is one religion more dangerous than any other. It has been responsible for more murder & suffering than all others combined. Its followers blindly accept its rhetoric without question. While allowing themselves to be enslaved by its policies. This religion worshipers are so inured That they have accepted its rules as laws and will obey them even to there own detriment. THIS RELIGION IS CALLED; STATISM! If the person has cause no injury, harm, or lost He has broke no law. How about trying liberty fo a change..
  • Redneck johnpaul 2013/02/18 14:28:49
    Redneck
    So youre a "no borders" guy? Good luck with that. Are you familiar with osmosis? The majority of the nations are third world countries. Thats wgat we will become with open borders.
  • johnpaul Redneck 2013/02/18 15:19:50
    johnpaul
    Well I will have to disagree, This nation became great with open border. Freedom of or to move is the very basic of liberty! What's bringing this nation to or bankrupting this nation is social security, or forced socialism! Forced socialism is the road to slavery. Its a system of thievery, & death. I'm very much a socialist, but it must be from the heart, and because of love.
  • Redneck johnpaul 2013/02/18 23:52:12
    Redneck
    Freedom to move within our borders, sure, but dont we, as a nation have a right to know who is coming into our country, why they are coming, and regulate who comes? If there are only X number of jobs for a particular field, should we bring in Y number of workers for that field? Our economy is struggling, do we really need more unskilled labor that wont be able to find a job? Im all for generocity, but at some point we have to see reality.
  • johnpaul Redneck 2013/02/19 01:13:52
    johnpaul
    I believe that freedom comes from one place, and that our creator. I also believe that wealth come from loving your neighbor. The reason why our economy is struggling is because we have become strangers, and looking to the government to meet our every need. Its the government that is destroying this country! Freedom of movement to anywhere you want to go is one of the basic principals of freedom. When that is denied you are on the road to slavery. We need to start loving our neighbors as ourselves.
  • Lee johnpaul 2013/02/19 16:30:55
    Lee
    "This nation became great with open border."
    This became a great nation because the people came here to BE an American not profit from Americans. My Grand Father came to this country during the depression. His stay on Ellis island was extremely unpleaseant according to him. He endured the entire process to enter this country legal.
  • johnpaul Lee 2013/02/19 17:39:09
    johnpaul
    Well, I can agree with you one point, that it our socialist system that is destroying this nation! But the freedom of movement unincumbered by the state is the very basic of liberty. Lets try liberty for a change. & start loving our neighbors as ourselves. Its the government that is killing this country! not someone that comes here from another country that don't jump though all the legal hoops!!!!!!
  • Lee johnpaul 2013/02/19 18:54:57
    Lee
    Agree on all except the legal loopholes to get here. I think the process should be difficult. I welcome any and all that want to be an American. Those that come only to take advantage I have no use for. Yes I know how cold that sounds and I am ok with it.
  • johnpaul Lee 2013/02/19 19:25:11
    johnpaul
    Well we have to agree to disagree, I believe all people are a creation of God. & that the earth is a creation of the same God! & that all people have right to be where ever they choose to be, as far as God is concern. I for one hold to the law of loving your neighbors as yourself! The legal system is nothing but a cultic satanic religion which is an hate religion. I could never understand ethnic or national pride. Because to me pride should be reserved for something you achieve or attain on your own, not something that happen by accident of birth. Being Irish isn't a skill, it's a genetic accident. You wouldn't say I'm proud to be 5'11" or I'm prould to have a predisposition for colon cancer. So why would you be proud to be Irish, or proud to be Italian, or American or anything? I for one serve the law of love! Until there is injury, harm, or lost there is no crime, or wrong done!
  • Lee johnpaul 2013/02/19 22:15:19
    Lee
    Yes we must but we can still be civil. One of the great things about life I think. I do however have to point out that every job filled by an illegal is a job a citizen could have, so there is harm being done by thier mear presence.
  • johnpaul Lee 2013/02/19 23:34:10
    johnpaul
    Yow I agree, no problem being civil."every job filled by an illegal is a job a citizen could have, so there is harm being done by their mear presence". Again the state is not the one that decides what is right an wrong! There is only one law giver & that our creator. & our creator has no law against them being here. Just because you would have a job that I could have if you had not of got it, does not mean you are harming me. I must look to my Creator to take care of my needs. We must not fight over jobs.
  • syl Lee 2013/02/19 19:01:54
    syl
    As did my grandma all on her own, from Norway. Then later who was to become my grandpa, came the same way. They wouldn't have thought to disobey the laws of America.
  • Lee syl 2013/02/19 19:11:08
    Lee
    Wow My Grandparents have a very similar story. Both from sweden. They meet in Northern Minnisota. In Sweden they lived about ten miles apart. Funny how life works isnt it.
  • syl Lee 2013/02/19 21:19:05
    syl
    People had such GREAT ethics back then! Mine came a bit earlier than yours-in the 20's.
    They must have had such courage-my grandma came by HERSELF, went through Ellis Island, then by train all the way to the West Coast.
    She was treated with respect. She didn't know any English, but still made it fine.
    What an adventure! life is pretty amazing.
  • Lee syl 2013/02/19 22:12:29
    Lee
    Great story. Alas I think I was born 50 or so years late. I would have enjoyed living in their time period.
  • syl Lee 2013/02/20 19:37:20
    syl
    Me too-or the wild west would have been great. I had the time wrong for my grandma, though, she actually came by ship the same year as the Titanic-so 1911 or 12.
  • Billy the kid 2013/02/15 18:35:46
    Other
    Billy the kid
    "Liberty taking bastards" sounds about right to me...
  • johnpaul Billy t... 2013/02/17 21:19:27
    johnpaul
  • Billy t... johnpaul 2013/02/18 00:35:11
    Billy the kid
    Don't bother preaching. We are over-run with them over here in Britain. The vast majority of them milk the benefits system and contribute sweet FA to the country. That's enough
    'cause' for me, As I said, "liberty taking bastards," sounds right to me..
  • johnpaul Billy t... 2013/02/18 13:34:46
    johnpaul
    There is one religion more dangerous than any other. It has been responsible for more murder & suffering than all others combined. Its followers blindly accept its rhetoric without question. While allowing themselves to be enslaved by its policies. This religion worshipers are so inured That they have accepted its rules as laws and will obey them even to there own detriment. THIS RELIGION IS CALLED; STATISM!
    As far as them milking the system that yours & your peers fault.
  • Billy t... johnpaul 2013/02/18 14:49:03
    Billy the kid
    You can sit round the camp fire singing 'Kumbaya' for the rest of your blinkered existence for all the good it will do. I live in the REAL world and have seen and continue to see the very real damage that uncontrolled immigration-both legal and illegal-has done to this country especially in the last 10 years or so.And not JUST financially but culturally on many levels.Education, Health, Housing, Welfare are all under immense and totally unsustainable pressure from the huge numbers who
    have been allowed to enter the country.And still they come! Benefits, benefits, lovely, lovely benefits!!
    As for myself and my peers 'milking the system'- PLEASE! Don't make me laugh!!
    All in all, from leaving school at the tender age of !4, I worked, including serving in the Merchant Navy and !4 years in the British Army SERVING my country ( not poncing off it!) for a total of some 50 years before retiring. During that entire time I received NOT one penny in benefits.In fact, as it happens I am still paying taxes because i was silly enough amass a little capital during those years. More fool I!
    I never thought my hard earned money would be used towards paying benefits
    to thousands of aliens who have no intention of doing anything in return for them other than holding their hands out...
    As I said, sit and sing Kumbaya....
  • johnpaul Billy t... 2013/02/18 15:27:00
    johnpaul
    Well I will have to disagree, This nation became great with open border. Freedom of or to move is the very basic of liberty! What's bringing this or your nation to or bankrupting this nation is social security, or forced socialism! Forced socialism is the road to slavery. Its a system of thievery, & death. I'm very much a socialist, but it must be from the heart, and because of love.
    The reason why it is your fault is because you put up with it. Not because you are milking the system.
  • rikonjohn 2013/02/15 09:33:24
    Other
    rikonjohn
    We should call them "The Folks We Want to Do the Dirtiest Jobs None of us Born in this Country Want To Do".
  • FlyGalsMom 2013/02/15 08:22:58
    Call illegal aliens, illegal aliens
    FlyGalsMom
    +1
    Cause thats what they are ILLEGAL ALIEN CRIMINALS
  • johnpaul FlyGalsMom 2013/02/17 19:20:33
    johnpaul
    How can you hate a man without a cause, This man has not hurt anybody! How can you call him a criminal!
    There is one religion that is more dangerous than any other. It has been responsible for more murder & suffering than all others combined. Its followers blindly accept its rhetoric without question. While allowing themselves to be enslaved by its policies. This religion worshipers are so inured That they have accepted its rules as laws and will obey them even to there own detriment. THIS RELIGION IS CALLED; STATISM!
  • OPen Minded 2013/02/15 05:48:58
    Call illegal aliens, illegal aliens
    OPen Minded
    "UNDOCUMENTED DEMOCRATS" maybe?
  • Small man big mouth 2013/02/15 04:09:14
    Other
    Small man big mouth
    tresspassers works too
  • johnpaul 2013/02/15 01:36:01
    Other
    johnpaul
    There should be no such thing as an illegal alien!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • sharkhead 2013/02/14 22:00:51
    Other
    sharkhead
    Criminals
  • johnpaul sharkhead 2013/02/17 19:22:35
    johnpaul
  • nightcrawler2005 2013/02/14 21:22:37
    Other
    nightcrawler2005
    CRIMINALS as they broke the law entering your country
  • johnpaul nightcr... 2013/02/17 21:20:21
    johnpaul
  • nightcr... johnpaul 2013/02/17 21:37:44
    nightcrawler2005
    Cute sentiment but they still broke the law entering your country illegally.
  • johnpaul nightcr... 2013/02/17 23:24:52
    johnpaul
    Statism is the road to slavery! How about trying liberty for a change?

2014/08/23 13:28:53