If your insane gun collecting neighbor said he'd be dead or in jail within a year if you won an election would you be worried about your family?

Foxhound BN0 2012/04/19 13:40:42
Yes. I would call the police on him. He's obviously a danger.
No. He don't mean it. I'm willing to bet my kids' lives on it!
I'm trying to put this in terms even a neotard can understand. Terrorism is wrong.

• KoAm 2012/04/19 15:04:38
    KoAm
    +7
    I don't like Nugent either, but what he said doesn't mean we should all go out and vote for Obama this year.

So, please, let's stop trying to make this about Nugent, or the "war on women," or Romney's dogs, or Obama's dog lunches, or whatever else the Democrats are using to deflect attention away from Obama's record.

This election should be about Obama's record. Let's stop trying to make it about something else that doesn't matter a damn.

• Frank 2012/04/23 21:20:55
    Frank
    +1
    Sadly history has shown that insane threats are to be taken seriously.
  • Cthulhu 2012/04/22 19:40:05 (edited)
    Cthulhu
    +2
    My neighbor? Luckily I never have trouble with my neighbors.

If the neighbor did make that threat, he would not be my gun collecting neighbor anymore since the police would take his guns away for going through the trouble of making the threat.

While I am not worried about Nugent himself, he might inspire some nut-job into carrying out his suggestion.

Sure, guns have a visceral appeal, but what he said was wrong and stupid.
    The world runs on mass marketed stupidity ... someone pretends to be your hero and so they are your hero. It is just acting but you like how it feels.
    That is all anyone wants ... simplicity, stupidity, etc. Anything more is too taxing.
    nugent inspire nut-job carrying suggestion guns visceral appeal guy idiot
  • Sandy 2012/04/22 17:41:14
    Sandy
    +2
    Damn right-I'd be scared. Gun + anger=possible danger.
  • Foxhoun... Sandy 2012/04/22 21:39:30
    Foxhound BN0
    +2
    Roger, Ranger!
  • Darnel 2012/04/21 23:48:00
    Darnel
  • PeaceLoveHappiness 2012/04/21 21:08:22
    PeaceLoveHappiness
    +2
    That sounds like something John Hinckley or Lee Harvey Oswald would say to the President. A warning to the students of the University of Texas: Stay away from the Bell Tower on the day after the President Elections.
  • goblue1968 2012/04/21 16:55:25
    goblue1968
    I'm still waiting for Alec Baldwin to move out of the country like he promised he would if George W. Bush was elected!!

Just more ranting from one end of the spectrum compared to another end of the spectrum.
  • merlinskiss 2012/04/21 13:29:04
    merlinskiss
    What you have done is offer no sensible choices because you want only one answer. The correct thing is being done. Nugent is being questioned. Until such a time as he is found guilty or insane, you and others are jumping to conclusions. He has no record of violence and like it or not has the right to his opinion and free speech, radical though it may seem to some.
  • Buddy 2012/04/20 23:58:04
    Buddy
    +3
    Unless we were really, really good friends and I knew for sure it was a joke, I certainly wouldn't bet my kid's life on it. I don't know that I'd call the police on him, but I might just file a complaint just so if something happened there'd be a record that my family was threatened. Seriously, such talk often insights crazies even if the person who said it wasn't totally seriously. We should all be careful with what we say in that regard.
  • bigfoot 2012/04/20 22:59:57
    bigfoot
    +2
    if he is Stupid Enough to state these threats in a Public Forum to a Full House of RW GUNNUTS he certainly intended the words to carry a message.if I responded that I would be more than Pleased to accommodate him and all his supporters,what do you think would happen?
  • Murph 2012/04/20 21:40:07 (edited)
    Murph
    +1
    There is nothing the Democrats won't use to deflect the spotlight away from Obama's abysmal economic performance. We are drowning in debt, millions are unemployed, businesses are strangled by government over-regulation, gas is $4 a gallon, and you want to whine about a has-been rock star. Is that what passes for wisdom where you come from?
  • Denny 2012/04/20 17:50:04
    Denny
    +2
    Where the hell have you been the last say 40 years??? People have been saying for at least that long "Come after my guns and you'll have to pry them from my cold dead fingers" Now with the president making ovatures to follow the United Nations, you think that Americans are not going to fight?? I'm done now go back and bury your head in the sand.
    +2
    No -- I would be concerned that he was going to be killed or in jail by forces out of his control.
  • teachaman~PWCM~JLA 2012/04/20 13:14:07
    teachaman~PWCM~JLA
    +2
    if more of my neighbors were well-armed and trained, my neighborhood would be much nicer ... as it is there are only a couple of us that generally scare the crap out of bad guys nearby ...
  • DDogbreath 2012/04/20 07:59:28
    DDogbreath
    +1
    Stupid answer choices here. You forgot us that chose not to bring more children into this screwed up world. How about another?

No, I'll be locked and loaded because that idiot doesn't know WTF he's talking about. He actually endorsed a douche bag that supported some of the worst "gun laws" in the country.

And one in the chamber for good measure.
  • Lawnmowerman~PWCM~JLA 2012/04/20 04:56:28
    Lawnmowerman~PWCM~JLA
    +2
    I don't have kids...and he would have probably bought most of his guns from ME.
  • 2468 2012/04/20 01:37:32
    2468
    +1
    I don't think a person that soiled themselves for a month to avoid the military has the stuff it takes to be an actual threat.

However, his rantings in a group with variably stable mental resources may resonate with someone with serious issues. To me this is the actual risk of what the Nugent was spouting off about.

Also, Obama has a lot of security at all times of public exposure but there is always a way if the will is there.
  • RobHom 2012/04/20 01:36:37
    RobHom
    +1
    Its the silent ones you have to worry about......
  • Inquisitve Kat 2012/04/19 23:55:54
    Inquisitve Kat
    +2
    It doesn't matter how you explain it, some people just won't understand.
  • Gracie - Proud Conservative 2012/04/19 23:53:19
    Gracie - Proud Conservative
    +3
    If we rounded up everyone that said something like that we'd have a bunch of people in jail. Why the upset over Nugent when the New Black Panthers openly had a bounty on Zimmerman's head and no one on the left cared?
  • 2468 Gracie ... 2012/04/20 01:40:13
    2468
    I did.
    I think that their bounty was counter productive to their own cause and it was of course wrong.
    But I am not a TV or Radio talker.

I did appreciate how well the parents of Treyvon have proceeded while under the tremendous weight of the death of a child. They were above exemplary in my opinion.
  • Gracie ... 2468 2012/04/20 01:45:57
    Gracie - Proud Conservative
    +2
    But, if Ted Nugent put a bounty on someone's head he would have been arrested immediately. Look at the hoopla over just a silly statement. I'd be more worried about someone like Farrakhan killing him than Ted Nugent.
  • 2468 Gracie ... 2012/04/20 02:32:11
    2468
    Nugent will not likely face any penalty for his statements as a normal below the radar citizen would. On the face of it he did make a thinly veiled threat but what I see is he is a chicken that talks like a lion.

Anyone that soils themselves for a month to avoid the military is not combat ready.
    Add to that he would need to hunker down with some Geritol.

But he can incite others with his words and this is the where I see the real danger in how he spoke. That Nugent would get on a rooftop and sniper the President is not a likely scenario in my opinion.

I am not sure what issue you are referring to with Farrakhan.
    I believe that the right and the left see/hear opposite sides of the news.
    This is on purpose I believe to divide and conquer all of us.
    When it comes down to it I believe the Right and the Left have more in common than are different.
  • Gracie ... 2468 2012/04/20 03:34:38
    Gracie - Proud Conservative
    +1
    I think in reality that people on the left that support themselves have more in common with the right than they know. I don't judge anyone by their far distant past because none of us are the same people we were for the most part. Some, like Bill Ayers, never evolved but most have.

I'm sick to death of the right being accused of inciting violence when in reality 99% of it comes from the left. We had the TEA Party blamed for icons but the OWS have committed the violence and nary a word!

Here's the Farrakhan video. Leaders are usually taken out by their own, like Malcolm X.

• 2468 Gracie ... 2012/04/20 13:05:54
    2468
    In watching the video it is very parallel to Nugent. Farrakhan is not likely going to do any killing himself, just as Nugent is not likely to be the one looking through the scope looking to kill Obama.

They both may incite one of their followers to violence. This can be subtle and from a one way conversation. The action hero they create will take their instructions out of their words and then you will hear on the TV, "He/She was a quiet person......I never thought they would do this....how could this happen?"
  • Gracie ... 2468 2012/04/20 21:20:03
    Gracie - Proud Conservative
    For all the talk about that we've seen none of it. It's pretty hard to incite someone to kill just because of something one person said. The Democrats were so disappointed when they couldn't tie the Tea Party to the Gabby Giffords shooting. So, they just kept lying and saying it anyway.
  • SoD 2012/04/19 23:47:21
    SoD
    +2
    I would ask him why he thought he would be dead or in jail if I won, then I would reassure him that I had no intention of killing him or incarcerating him.
  • santa6642 2012/04/19 23:39:30
    santa6642
    +1
    I might be there by his side.
  • Dagon 2012/04/19 22:47:32
  • Foxhoun... Dagon 2012/04/21 13:12:27
    Foxhound BN0
    +2
    I said he was insane. lol
  • Dagon Foxhoun... 2012/04/21 15:03:44
  • cjj ~ FTGOP 2012/04/19 22:22:43
    cjj ~ FTGOP
    +3
    This has actually happened to me.
  • Sissy 2012/04/19 22:08:41
    Sissy
    +4
    If he was a known pedophile and trash talking, foul mouth right wing fruitcake I sure would.
  • Gracie ... Sissy 2012/04/19 23:54:24
    Gracie - Proud Conservative
    I think Farrakhan is a greater danger to Obama than Nugent.
  • Huntclan 2012/04/19 20:41:52
    Huntclan
    I really don't know. It sounds like such an asinine thing to say. I wouldn't know what he meant by it. What did Ted mean? Ted is going to kill himself?
  • jeepster4 2012/04/19 20:14:14
    jeepster4
    +3
    Yipe..particularly if he had a past history like Nugent.
  • Hopscotch 2012/04/19 19:48:27 (edited)
    Hopscotch
    +2
    Big Dick, with a small Dick. Maybe he'll shoot himself. True Justice.

"I used to own a gun, now I have an active sex life". dick dick shoot true justice gun active sex life
  • santa6642 Hopscotch 2012/04/19 23:40:32
    santa6642
    masterbation, and a rubber doll, is all you got.
  • Hopscotch santa6642 2012/04/20 00:13:14
    Hopscotch
    If the shoe fits wear it, fuuny man. I'll bet you have "all the above" and a BIG GUN.
  • MegaFortunateSon 2012/04/19 19:07:05
    MegaFortunateSon
    Yes. I would drone his ass if I was the President no lie.

2014/08/28 23:25:35