If your head was being bashed against the sidewalk by a 6'2" attacker, on top of you, would you shoot to kill?

krayzrick 2012/04/20 19:36:16
Maybe
Warning Graphic Photo: Possible New Evidence Shows George Zimmerman's Bloodied HeadBy MATT GUTMAN and SENI TIENABESO | Good Morning America – 14 hours ago

@GMA on Twitter, become a fan on Facebook

A
new photograph obtained exclusively by ABC News showing the bloodied
back of George Zimmerman's head, which was taken three minutes after he shot and killed 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, gives possible credence to his claim that Martin had bashed his head against the concrete as he fought for his life.

Click here to view the image. Warning: graphic content.

The revelation comes as his attorney and prosecutors prepare for
Zimmerman's bail hearing today, which could result in his being released
from jail. Zimmerman, 28, is being held on charges of second-degree
murder for the Feb. 26 shooting of Martin, which could carry a life
sentence if he is convicted.

The exclusive image shows blood trickling down the back of George
Zimmerman's head from two small cuts. It also shows a possible contusion
forming on the crown of his head. The original police report that night
notes that the back of Zimmerman's head was wet, and that he was
bleeding from the nose and head.

Zimmerman told police that night that he shot and killed the teenager in
self-defense after Martin punched him and pounced on him. Zimmerman
told police that Martin then bashed his head into the concrete sidewalk
during the altercation that took place in the tidy middle-class
development of the Retreat at Twin Lakes in Sanford, Fla.

Zimmerman was treated at the scene by paramedics, then cuffed and driven
in a police cruiser to the Sanford police station. He was questioned
for hours and later released. In police surveillance video obtained last
month by ABC News Zimmerman's wounds are not apparent, and there were
no bandages on his head.

Zimmerman was not admitted to a hospital or given stitches the night of the incident.

The photographer told ABC News exclusively that they did not see the
scuffle that night, but did hear it. The source saw Martin's prostrate
body on the wet grass and claims the gunpowder burns on Martin's gray
hoodie were clearly visible; the gunpowder marks could show that Martin
was shot at very close range.

The photographer says that after the shooting Zimmerman asked to call
his wife. When the photographer asked what to say, Zimmerman allegedly
blurted out "man, just tell her I shot someone."

ABC News has learned that investigators have seen the photo.

"How bad could it have been if they didn't take him to the hospital
[and] didn't stitch him up," Martin family attorney Benjamin Crump said
in a statement to ABC News in response to the image. "The special
prosecutor has seen all the evidence and still believes George Zimmerman
murdered Trayvon Martin."

Zimmerman's attorney Mark O'Mara says his client has spent enough time behind bars.

"He needs to get out. He should not be in jail," O'Mara said. "I want
him out because I need him out. He wants to get out. His family wants it
out. It should happen."

If Zimmerman is released, his attorney tells ABC News that he has a
number of potential safe houses prepared. In the meantime O'Mara says
the former altar boy, who has become America's highest profile
defendant, has been reading the Bible while in protective custody.

In a bail hearing in Florida, the burden of proof to deny bail, even in a
second degree murder trial, is higher than necessary to seek a
conviction in a trial.

"They would have to prove that the presumption of guilt is great, and that the proof is evident," said O'Mara.

In the capias -- similar to a warrant -- filed against Zimmerman last
week, Special Prosecutor Angela Corey and her team set bail at "none."
In order to reduce that to bail at a set monetary sum, Corey's team
would have to essentially prove their case -- something experts tell ABC
News is unlikely at this point in the legal process.

O'Mara said he doubts the prosecutor will reveal their case before trial, even before discovery.

• theicechimp 2012/04/30 07:18:54
    theicechimp
    +2
    I suck at fighting unless I have a weapon so yes.
  • Vipor_GG 2012/04/28 19:43:38
    Vipor_GG
    +3
    Actually height doesn't matter. If you attack me be prepared for a high velocity lead injection.
  • Louie Rivera 2012/04/25 13:11:42
    Louie Rivera
  • Mustang Girl 2012/04/22 23:58:31
    Mustang Girl
    +2
    Never again will I EVER allow another person ever have the opportunity it hurt me physically again. EVER !!!! I will be them that suffers not me ...
  • killernick~PWCM~JLA 2012/04/22 23:48:56
  • Eyebrowz² 2012/04/22 20:09:14
    Eyebrowz²
    If someone came at me with a gun, I would feel threatened and react by fighting for my survival by bashing their head against he ground.
  • krayzrick Eyebrowz² 2012/04/24 23:34:43 (edited)
    krayzrick
    +4
    'gun' was never involved, until after Trayvon attacked Zimmerman.
  • tywon.smith 2012/04/22 14:36:21
    tywon.smith
    +4
    Not just yes but HELL YES!!!!!!
  • Live Free Or Die 2012/04/22 11:43:21
    Live Free Or Die
    +1
    I wouldn't chase someone down for no reason with a gun, so I wouldn't be in that situation.
  • Keeping It Real 2012/04/22 08:31:54
    Maybe
    Keeping It Real
    +1
    I wouldn't care if Zimmerman head was cracked opened because he provoked the entire situation when he profiled and stalked that kid. The one thing many people and the media often fails to point out is that the STAND YOUR GROUND LAW was definitely applicable for Tayvon Martin, therefore if he killed Zimmerman the law should protect him from prosecution.
  • Quazar 2012/04/21 22:16:58
    Quazar
    +4
    Warning, I carry a pistol everywhere I go. I would not hesitate to shoot anybody that threatens me or any of my family members. Bullets do not care how big someone is.
  • Joey Quazar 2012/04/22 12:00:23
    Joey
    So do you feel like someone following your family around if a threatening them ?
  • Quazar Joey 2012/04/22 15:04:33
    Quazar
    +1
    Not quite sure I understand your question.
    But simply following someone around does not rise to the level of a threatening gesture or a physical assault.
    But look, in these times we live in one cannot be too careful. That's why I carry a pistol.
    So now I'll ask you, Reread the original question, so, what would you do?
  • Joey Quazar 2012/04/22 15:27:31
    Joey
    I would not put my self in that postion .
  • Quazar Joey 2012/04/22 15:32:54
    Quazar
    +2
    Criminals are beasts of opportunity. They have gotten so brazen they kick doors in while familys are watching TV or eating dinner. People are robbed in parking lots, in the park running, driving to the store, I am sure they felt they did not put themselves in that position either.
    I hope your right, I hope your never in that position. Otherwise, someone will more than likely beat the crap out of you.
  • Joey Quazar 2012/04/22 15:40:30
    Joey
    I think I would be able to overcome a teenager. With out having to use a gun .
  • Quazar Joey 2012/04/22 15:42:23
    Quazar
    +1
    I feel the same way, but I did not see the word teenager in the question.
  • Joey Quazar 2012/04/22 15:47:00
    Joey
    When all know what the question is in regrades to. To act like it is not is being disingenuous.
  • Quazar Joey 2012/04/22 15:57:39
    Quazar
    +2
    I think you tried to say;
    "We all know what the question is in regards to".
    Well, you interpet the question any way you want to.
    I interpet the question for what the question actually asks.
    So at this point we will agree to disagree.
  • BoomLover Joey 2012/05/10 00:59:30
    BoomLover
    +2
    I did see "6' 2" assailant"........now, Dude, I'm 5' 6", and if I were attacked by someone that big, and they were slamming my head into the pavement, I'd shoot them, too...what is the matter with you, anyway?
  • Joey BoomLover 2012/05/10 01:35:29
    Joey
    Would you also chase someone now for doing nothing wrong at all ? And so with out questing things you think Martin started it . Even if Zimmerman's own words said that Martin was RUNNING from him?
  • Marvelo... Joey 2012/05/11 06:08:42
    Marvelous Wildfire
    +1
    And how did Fatboy Zimmerman, who was out of breath talking to the 911 operator from a jog I could have back-peddled, actually *CATCH* the athletic Martin after Zimmerman lost sight of him?

Yet the athletic Martin, who Zimmerman lost sight of giving Martin time to escape if he (Martin) had so chose, traveled only about 550 feet, 300 feet from Brandy Green's apartment.

Logic suggests that Martin came BACK and attacked Zimmerman.
  • Joey Marvelo... 2012/05/11 07:38:46
    Joey
    Logic does not suggest that .

Funny how Zimmerman is the person who attacked a cop . And yet you think it is Martin who had to have attacked him. Tell me what was your hero Zimmerman do so far away from his truck if he was not going after Martin.

zimmerman person attacked cop martin attacked hero zimmerman truck martin
  • Marvelo... Joey 2012/05/11 14:29:03
    Marvelous Wildfire
    +1
    You state: "Logic does not suggest that ."

Let me rephrase my statement: "Logic suggests that Martin came BACK and *confronted* Zimmerman." Like Zimmerman claimed.
    How else was Zimmerman able to get that close to Martin, *ESPECIALLY* after Zimmerman lost Martin only 300 feet from Brandy Green's apartment.

Can you disprove Zimmerman's claim?
    NO? Then I'm sorry, but that is what the State of Florida requires to disprove self-defense.

You state: "Funny how Zimmerman is the person who attacked a cop ."

Hahahahahahahahaha!
    Now that the laugh is over; what cop did he attack that night, I haven't heard about it?
    Did Zimmerman have a conviction for assaulting a cop that I haven't heard about?
    How many years ago did that conviction take place?
    How is an old arrest with no conviction, more relevant than Martin being suspended for having illegal drugs at school?
    Are you going to mention Martin's attacking a bus driver too?
    If Martin had not been suspended, Zimmerman and him would never have met.

You state: "And yet you think it is Martin who had to have attacked him."

Have you got any evidence to support that Martin did NOT attack Zimmerman as Zimmerman claimed? Did Zimmerman violate ANY law that night and if so could you give the Florida code to support your claim? Any evidence at all?
    No?
    I'm sorry, b...

Can you disprove Zimmerman's claim?

Hahahahahahahahaha!

No?
    I'm sorry, but that is what the law in the State of Florida requires to disprove self-defense.

You state: "Tell me what was your hero Zimmerman do so far away from his truck if he was not going after Martin."

Zimmerman was keeping a visual on the unknown person, just like he told the 911 operator, just as thousands of Neighborhood Watchers would have done. By the way: That was a LEGAL ACTION under Florida law.

Zimmerman may be a racist, Zimmerman may be a cop-wanna-be, Zimmerman may be a dirtbag, Zimmerman may be a "Glory Hound" . . . it is all IRRELEVANT, all that matters is if Zimmerman acted in accordance with the LAW that day.
    All that matters:
    Was Zimmerman engaged in an unlawful activity? No.
    Was Zimmerman attacked in a place he had a right to be? Yes.
    When Zimmerman was on his back, being punched in the face as he screamed for help; could he reasonably believes it was a risk of death or great bodily harm to himself? YES!

Read the law:
    776.013 (3) A person who is not engaged in an unlawful activity and who is attacked in any other place where he or she has a right to be has no duty to retreat and has the right to stand his or her ground and meet force with force, including deadly force if he or she reasonably believes it is necessary to do so to prevent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the commission of a forcible felony.

Now, if Martin had so overwhelmed *YOU* that he had knocked *YOU* down, *YOU* were on *YOUR* back and were reduced to screaming for help- that didn't appear to be coming, while being punched in the face by Trayvon, and EACH BLOW rendering you less and less able to defend yourself: Would *YOU* have let Trayvon beat *YOU* to death? Or would *YOU* have shot Trayvon too? What if Trayvon had been WHITE, THEN would *YOU* have shot him?
  • Joey Marvelo... 2012/05/11 18:42:11
    Joey
    Martin did not attack a Bush Driver , and you think having a plant on your person is worse than attacking someone one . Out last 3 President's did drugs at one point in there lives, as well has upwards to 30% of highscoolers .

He was keeping a "visual on the unknown person". LOL so he was over 100 feet from his car , in the same area as Martin but he was not looking for or trying to follow him. Good Lord you people will bend over backward to make Zimmerman seem like he did not wrong . Watch are told not to follow people at all, they are told not to have guns , they are told just to call the cops and that be done. On the type you hear the cop tell Zimmerman just to meet him some place , yet Zimmerman did not want to do that. He did not want this person to get away.. In this own words these a--holes already get away. And your boy went after him to back sure that did not happen.

Voice expects have stated that it was not ZImmerman screaming for help. And it would not even be the possibility for Zimmeram screaming for help he he did not want to play hero . but since he just killed a black kid you are happy to defend him no matter what I you would have defend the people who killed Emmett Till .

Zimmerman a noted history of violence, and aggression .
    Martin no history of violence and aggression . but he is black so we must take Zimmerman at his word .. is that right ?
  • Marvelo... Joey 2012/05/11 20:42:42
  • Joey Marvelo... 2012/05/11 21:06:01
    Joey
    To answer your last question once more . I will not be following someone while I was carrying a gun, just like the FL Weapon carrying guild lines state. Having a gun does not make me a freelance cop .

Now you are just making stuff up . Tell me were ONE person says that they saw Martin attack Zimmerman first. The only reason you think Martin did that is since he is black. You say you are not taking his word , yet it is only his word that states that Martin attacked him . Also he has lied on stand already .

So even with out a record of violence in Martin's past you are going to say lets just assume that he had one.

You say there was nothing wrong with what Zimmerman did . And I have not cited the law that said he was wrong . how about the person who wrote the law.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-5...

You say all a dumb ass could think that it was not Zimmerman screaming .. since he already called the police LOL. HE called the police and did not do what they asked him to do . And witnesses say it was Martin Screaming . And unlike the person who supports your hero . These people showed there face and came out in public.

"And after several break-ins, who *WOULD* want the criminal to get away?
    And without either watching or questioning: How would anyone know if the stranger was the one doin...

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-5...

And without either watching or questioning: How would anyone know if the stranger was the one doing the break-ins?
    Is not wanting a criminal to get away a crime?"

Martin was not the criminal so when he called martin an __hole that always gets away. That says something .
    So everyone should be questioned down . I forgot it is lynch mob to want a murder to go to jail But it is reasonable to treat someone who has not done anything as a criminal . Yeah innocent until proven guilty and all that stuff does not apply to black people .

If you have kid, would you mind a person with a number of assaults following him or her around? Just yes or NO.
  • Marvelo... Joey 2012/05/11 22:15:12
    Marvelous Wildfire
    +1
    You state: "To answer your last question once more . I will not be following someone while I was carrying a gun, just like the FL Weapon carrying guild lines state. Having a gun does not make me a freelance cop ."

That did NOT answer the question.
    The question was:
    If Martin had so overwhelmed *YOU* that he had knocked *YOU* down, *YOU* were on *YOUR* back and were reduced to screaming for help- that didn't appear to be coming, while being punched in the face by Trayvon, and EACH BLOW rendering you less and less able to defend yourself: Would *YOU* have let Trayvon beat *YOU* to death? Or would *YOU* have shot Trayvon too? What if Trayvon had been WHITE, THEN would *YOU* have shot him?

That was the question, not if you wipe with your right or left hand or if you would have followed Martin if you had a gun.

You state: "Now you are just making stuff up . Tell me were ONE person says that they saw Martin attack Zimmerman first. The only reason you think Martin did that is since he is black."

You only believe that, because it was a White victim that defended himself against a Black attacker.

You state: "You say you are not taking his word , yet it is only his word that states that Martin attacked him ."

And witness testimony and physical evidence supports Zimmerman's story, and you are un...

That did NOT answer the question.
    The question was:

And witness testimony and physical evidence supports Zimmerman's story, and you are unable to show anything that Zimmerman did, that you can post the Florida statute that shows Zimmerman acted ILLEGALLY.

You state: "Also he has lied on stand already ."

What did he say on the stand, that you can prove he lied about?

You state: "So even with out a record of violence in Martin's past you are going to say lets just assume that he had one."

Can you disprove Zimmerman's claim or prove that Zimmerman violated the law?
    No?
    That's ALL that is required by the State of Florida to find Zimmerman innocent.

You state: "You say there was nothing wrong with what Zimmerman did . And I have not cited the law that said he was wrong . how about the person who wrote the law."

The writer's opinion is irrelevant, as long as Zimmerman did not *violate the law*.

You state: "You say all a dumb ass could think that it was not Zimmerman screaming .. since he already called the police LOL."

You also forgot the witness statement that it was Zimmerman screaming.

You state: "HE called the police and did not do what they asked him to do ."

Which was LEGAL.

You state: "And witnesses say it was Martin Screaming . And unlike the person who supports your hero . These people showed there face and came out in public."

Sorry, but you opinion, based only on racism and emotions doesn't a law make.

You state: "Martin was not the criminal so when he called martin an __hole that always gets away. That says something ."

Yes, it shows frustration at the criminals robbing his friends and neighbor and the police being able to do little about it.

You state: "I forgot it is lynch mob to want a murder to go to jail But it is reasonable to treat someone who has not done anything as a criminal ."

Following someone is not treating them like a criminal, any more that thousands of Neighborhood Watchers do every night.
    Remember the "Wanted Dead or Alive" offer? That's not seeking justice.

You state: "Yeah innocent until proven guilty and all that stuff does not apply to black people ."

Black people shot by their victim during their attack.

You state: "If you have kid, would you mind a person with a number of assaults following him or her around? Just yes or NO."

Irrelevant.
    Martin like the gangsta lifestyle, live by the gangsta, die by the gangsta.
  • Joey Marvelo... 2012/05/11 22:38:00
    Joey
    "
    You only believe that, because it was a White victim that defended himself against a Black attacker."

Most times victims do not chase after there own attacker . The only reason you think that Martin attacked him is since he was black.

"
    And witness testimony and physical evidence supports Zimmerman's story, and you are unable to show anything that Zimmerman did, that you can post the Florida statute that shows Zimmerman acted ILLEGALLY."

Once more no it does not . Show me were someone said that they SAW martin attack Zimmerman FIRST . And not a fight that was in progress .

"
    "
    The only racist here is you. Since there is nothing at all that says Martin attack him first yet you think he did . And you call someone with out a criminal record a thug , and hold up someone with one as hero .

"Following someone is not treating them like a criminal, any more that thousands of Neighborhood Watchers do every night.
    Remember the "Wanted Dead or Alive" offer? That's not seeking justice."

Funny ask any person over a Watch program and they will tell you that are told not to do that.

"
    Yes, it shows frustration at the criminals robbing his friends and neighbor and the police being able to do little about it."

Yeah and he did...

"

"

"
    "

"

Yeah and he did something about he murder the person who he felt was involved even if he was not .

"Irrelevant.
    Martin like the gangsta lifestyle, live by the gangsta, die by the gangsta."

So I take that as a no. I mean I can tell you I would not want my kids followed. Most fathers would say the same thing . And you would not want that to happen but you think if you say it would hurt your point .

Here are some quotes .

They do a year and dont ever open thier [sic] mouth to get my ass pinched,

(in 'street terms" This means his friend went to jail but did not turn him in)

Calling a old girl friend an ex-hoe

These are all things Zimmerman said . I guess that is not trying to be Ganster that is only for black people . am I right .
  • Marvelo... Joey 2012/05/11 22:45:51
    Marvelous Wildfire
    +2
    Zimmerman didn't chase Martin.
    Bottom-Line: You have NOTHING that shows Zimmerman violated Florida law.

Physical evidence and witnesses support Zimmerman.

You're still avoiding the question:
  • Joey Marvelo... 2012/05/11 23:00:27 (edited)
    Joey
    "Zimmerman didn't chase Martin"

His own words and the location of his murder suggest otherwise

"Physical evidence and witnesses support Zimmerman."

I said this before , and I would say it once more no one stated that they saw Martin start the fight ? Could you show it to me if you think it is.

About your loaded questiton.. Two thing I don't carry a gunnot all black people do like you and Zimmerman think , and I would not have been beat up by someone that I out weighted by 60 pounds.

Funny you did not address your hero's thug like statements.
  • Marvelo... Joey 2012/05/12 00:20:52
    Marvelous Wildfire
    +2
    Sorry, I've indulged your racist stupidity long enough.
    Your too stupid to understand what I've told you several times: Zimmerman must be proven to have committed a crime to convict him,*NOT* disprove Martin did.
  • Joey Marvelo... 2012/05/12 01:18:45
    Joey
    When you call someone stupid , please use correct grammar.

And I glad to see that you never addressed most of the points made.
  • Marvelo... Joey 2012/05/12 04:27:22
    Marvelous Wildfire
    +2
    You aren't intelligent enough to grasp the answers you've been given.

I'm going to leave you to play with your bigot self.
  • Joey Joey 2012/05/12 05:28:23
    Joey
    WOW that is so funny Marvelo . You call someone a name and block them at the same time . That is kind of a being a coward.

Also noted that you never answer a tons of points . Like would you want your child followed .

But racist people like never address things like that.
  • BoomLover Joey 2012/05/27 17:02:23
    BoomLover
    +1
    After reading all of these comments, I'd like to say that one of you needs to go back to school and learn how to spell and use grammar correctly....Marvelo knows who I'm talking about, see if you can figure it out, Joey...
  • Joey BoomLover 2012/05/27 17:26:47
    Joey
    I love the personal attack in lieu of addressing anything that I have stated. That says a lot .
  • XCloudPandaX 2012/04/21 21:27:33
  • rosesvengeance BN-0 2012/04/21 19:56:49
    rosesvengeance BN-0
    +1
    if he was beaten then why didn't they take him to the hospital? Also that photo could have been very easily photoshoped. Until the trial comes about we wont know for sure what really happened.
  • santa6642 2012/04/21 17:46:29
    santa6642
    +4
    You can bless your sweet butt i would.

2014/08/31 03:35:55