If you were made pregnant as a result of a rape, would you see the baby as your own child or just a reminder of what happened to you?

QueenShebaVIII 2011/02/25 01:08:39
Related Topics: Abortion, Rape
It's an awful thing to happen to someone but only existing because of such an awful thing is also terrible and obviously not the child's fault. Could you treat it like any other child you'd have or would you have to give it up for adoption or have an abortion? I don't think doing either one is wrong or right but I'm curious about what others would do.

• Death Faerie 2011/02/25 01:14:52
    It would still be my own child and I would treat it like that
    Death Faerie
    +3
    Actually, I gave a baby up for adoption nearly seven years ago. I was in an abusive relationship and I said no when he was conceived. I still loved him though. I didn't give him up because I didn't love him, I gave him up because I was in a bad situation and I couldn't afford another child.

With that being said, adoption is a heart breaking situation. I would never want a woman to be forced into giving birth to a child conceived by rape. She should be given a choice.
    I'm torn about my own situation. On one hand, I love my child and I miss him very much, but I'm glad I was able to give such a precious gift to someone who wouldn't have had a child otherwise.

On the other hand, I had very rough pregnancy and delivery, I suffered even worse physical abuse during that pregnancy and my kids were abused too. I think if I had had an abortion I could have gotten away and my kids wouldn't be as scarred as they are now.

I'

• realityjunkie 2011/02/25 01:56:44
    I have no idea what I would in this situation
    realityjunkie
    +1
    until I had to face it but I feel don't think I could go through with the pregnancy. It would remind me every day what happened.
  • master of free thinking 2011/02/25 01:37:48
    I'm a man and I think....
    master of free thinking
    +1
    i am against abortion but i would abort the rape child ther is no way that i would allow the rapist genes to spread and growing into my body. abort rape child ther rapist genes spread growing body rapist
  • ««Gingey, the Master Debate... 2011/02/25 01:22:18
    I couldn't have a reminder of the rape around in my life every day
    ««Gingey, the Master Debater of Þ|-|Дэ†»»
    [...]
  • QueenSh... ««Ginge... 2011/02/25 01:39:41
    QueenShebaVIII
    +1
    ... So, that means you would terminate the pregnancy if you were in this situation?
  • ««Ginge... QueenSh... 2011/02/25 01:42:42
    +1
    Yes. Sorry, I just really liked this pic for some reason.
  • QueenSh... ««Ginge... 2011/02/25 01:59:44
    QueenShebaVIII
    +1
    Hehe, okay. :P
  • Death Faerie 2011/02/25 01:14:52
    Death Faerie
    +3

I'
  • weirdb*tch Death F... 2011/02/25 01:21:06
  • QueenSh... Death F... 2011/02/25 01:23:50
    QueenShebaVIII
    +1
    I didn't in any way mean to suggest with my question that choosing between keeping the baby or not was the same as whether you loved the baby or not (not that I think that's what you thought I meant, I'm just pointing this out). I know that someone could love the baby but not be able to keep it. I'm sorry about what happened to you and I'm grateful that you could share such a personal experience.
  • weirdb*tch 2011/02/25 01:13:30
    weirdb*tch
    +1
    actually i would say both because right now i'm pregnant
  • Death F... weirdb*tch 2011/02/25 01:15:50
    Death Faerie
    Was your pregnancy conceived by rape?
  • weirdb*tch Death F... 2011/02/25 01:17:36
    weirdb*tch
    yeah it was and i hado idea what to do my friends didnt even believe me at all
  • QueenSh... weirdb*tch 2011/02/25 01:15:52
    QueenShebaVIII
    Congratulations. But what do you mean by both?
  • weirdb*tch QueenSh... 2011/02/25 01:18:14
    weirdb*tch
    i ment to but he said he was going to rape me and i said that made no sense at all and thanks
  • QueenSh... weirdb*tch 2011/02/25 01:20:33
    QueenShebaVIII
    Oh, okay. :/ I hope everything turns out okay with you.
  • weirdb*tch QueenSh... 2011/02/25 01:21:59
    weirdb*tch
    well right now no because he said he wants to marry me but that didn't happen st all

2014/08/01 12:01:01