If you plan to move from the United States and disagree with any manner of socialized medicine - these countries have socialized medicine:

Nameless 2012/11/11 02:18:30
It is hypocritical for those who disagree with President Obama's overall philosophies to move to a country is of a mixed socialized/mixed economy - and make use of that country's socialized medicine?
It is not hypocritical for those to move to a country with a system with which they disagree and make use of that country's services.
CountryStart Date of Universal Health CareSystem Type
Click links for more source material on each country’s health care system.
Norway1912Single Payer
New Zealand1938Two Tier
Japan1938Single Payer
Germany1941Insurance Mandate
Belgium1945Insurance Mandate
United Kingdom1948Single Payer
Kuwait1950Single Payer
Sweden1955Single Payer
Bahrain1957Single Payer
Brunei1958Single Payer
Canada1966Single Payer
Netherlands1966Two-Tier
Austria1967Insurance Mandate
United Arab Emirates1971Single Payer
Finland1972Single Payer
Slovenia1972Single Payer
Denmark1973Two-Tier
Luxembourg1973Insurance Mandate
France1974Two-Tier
Australia1975Two Tier
Ireland1977Two-Tier
Italy1978Single Payer
Portugal1979Single Payer
Cyprus1980Single Payer
Greece1983Insurance Mandate
Spain1986Single Payer
South Korea1988Insurance Mandate
Iceland1990Single Payer
Hong Kong1993Two-Tier
Singapore1993Two-Tier
Switzerland1994Insurance Mandate
Israel1995Two-Tier
There are other countries, such as Iceland, that have universal healthcare - and it is paid for via taxpayer monies. There are some who state that they are thinking of moving to one of the countries listed above - or a country such as Iceland. Is this not hypocritical since these same people are decrying those same things that President Obama wants to implement for those of us here in the United States?

I am so happy that "We The People" have re-elected a President who wants to make life better for all - and not just a select few.

• RoseLyle 2012/11/11 20:16:48
    It is hypocritical for those who disagree with President Obama's overall phil...
    RoseLyle
    I several friends and family that are the working poor. They have went without medical care for years. In the long run when people have good health care it saves money because they are less likely to develop serious diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
    Now finally they are getting the health care they have been needing for a long time.
  • Wildflower7777 2012/11/11 05:24:44 (edited)
    It is not hypocritical for those to move to a country with a system with whic...
    Wildflower7777
    I live in Australia and we pay for subsidized healthcare through our taxes. This system has worked very well for our country and now people are having to support their own health through paying for health insurance which is fair. With health insurance you get to choose your own doctor, private hospital and type of care. There are other advantages too. If you elect not to pay for private cover, you will have to pay a levy but you can still access medical and hospital care. So for us, Medicare pays for most of a doctor's visit and the individual pays the gap, so it costs $10 to visit the doctor if you are working. The good thing about our system is that no matter who you are, how old you are or how poor you are, nobody is excluded. If you have an accident or need extensive treatment and lengthy hospital stays, you will be able to access the care you need. Medicines are also subsidized. So if you are a student or very poor or old, your medications will usually only cost about $3.00. There are abuses of this system, but for the majority of people, the system takes away the stress of having to pay many thousands of dollars that you might not have. Our housing system works the same way. If you live in public housing, you only pay 30% of your gross income and if you are out of work,...
    I live in Australia and we pay for subsidized healthcare through our taxes. This system has worked very well for our country and now people are having to support their own health through paying for health insurance which is fair. With health insurance you get to choose your own doctor, private hospital and type of care. There are other advantages too. If you elect not to pay for private cover, you will have to pay a levy but you can still access medical and hospital care. So for us, Medicare pays for most of a doctor's visit and the individual pays the gap, so it costs $10 to visit the doctor if you are working. The good thing about our system is that no matter who you are, how old you are or how poor you are, nobody is excluded. If you have an accident or need extensive treatment and lengthy hospital stays, you will be able to access the care you need. Medicines are also subsidized. So if you are a student or very poor or old, your medications will usually only cost about $3.00. There are abuses of this system, but for the majority of people, the system takes away the stress of having to pay many thousands of dollars that you might not have. Our housing system works the same way. If you live in public housing, you only pay 30% of your gross income and if you are out of work, the amount reduces. When you are in paid work again, the rent goes up and is capped so that you can still afford to eat. Sometimes, when you have sufficient funds, the government will allow you to buy the home you are living in and will contribute $20,000 towards the cost if you have been a public housing tenant over many years. If you move out of government housing and choose to buy privately, you still get the $20,000 towards your new home. Australia is a wonderful country in which to live.
  • EliteAmongOutcasts 2012/11/11 02:22:23
  • Nameless EliteAm... 2012/11/11 02:29:23
    Nameless
    My ex was in the military as are many family members. We have all had excellent health care.
  • EliteAm... Nameless 2012/11/11 02:35:31
  • Nameless EliteAm... 2012/11/11 02:36:54
    Nameless
    We were at Walter Reed, dear. Oh, and my ex's MoS training was at Ft. Sam. We had great care at both places. In fact, they saved my daughter's life twice. Not too shabby.
  • EliteAm... Nameless 2012/11/11 02:43:29
  • Nameless EliteAm... 2012/11/11 02:48:48
    Nameless
    Are you not part of "We the People?" If you are in the military, you are. Or not? FYI, various branches of the armed forces medical staff practice at Walter Reed. There are very reliable and respectable forms of social medicine in countries all over the world.

Now, to the point of this poll. Is it hypocritical for those who state that they disagree with President Obama's philosophy to state that they wish to move to another country - and to a country that has exactly what they are vehemently against. and to take advantage of what that country has to offer?

Oh, and the "dear" was facetious. ; )
  • EliteAm... Nameless 2012/11/11 02:55:00
  • Nameless EliteAm... 2012/11/11 02:50:16
    Nameless
    +1
    One thing... You profile states that you are a student. If you are student and in the military, you are taking advantage of taxpayers monies for your education, correct? I don't have a problem with that at all. However, picking and choosing is unbecoming,.
  • EliteAm... Nameless 2012/11/11 03:00:10
  • Nameless EliteAm... 2012/11/11 03:11:00
    Nameless
    Congratulations. Now, you would state (and I agree with you) that you have earned that scholarship. However, that is still taxpayers money. Do you think that someone who earns more than I should get better medical care simply because they can afford it? Is that how things should work?

Oh, and I don't have a playbook. I asked you a question and you are too weak to answer it. That's okay. You're not worth my time. I am happy with the direction my country is heading. You are hardly an example of what a true military representative is or should be. I am more familiar than you shall ever know - and with your attitude you will never make 4 star. Oh, and if you were old enough to be a 4 star retired by now you wouldn't be in ROTC. LOL! The cracks in your "armor" are astounding. I'm going to ignore you now. Have fun.
  • EliteAm... Nameless 2012/11/11 03:18:33
  • DJPanicDC EliteAm... 2012/11/11 04:12:27
    DJPanicDC
    Had it from birt till 18 my parents still use it It was better than any hospital since
    \
  • Rave EliteAm... 2012/11/11 10:31:02
    Rave
    I live in a country with universal health care, only positive experiences so far.

2014/10/23 12:31:59