If you get a tattoo, will you go to hell?

wolf-lover 2008/03/26 15:03:45
yes, tattoos are made by the Devil
no, tattoos are fine, they have nothing to do with heaven or hell
possibly, I think tattoos are wrong but I'm not exactly sure
prolly not, I don't think they have anything to do with the soul so you should be fine
my friend told me that it says in the Bible that if you have a tattoo you to go Hell, I was just wondering how many people believe that

• Jim 2012/07/29 22:36:02
    Jim
    The same passages in leviticus also tell the israelites not to eat meat with blood in it, not to shave their heads or trim their beards - these all dealt with customs of surrounding peoples towards idolatry. As christians today, we are not under the old law, but the new testament. Obviously christians today eat non-kosher meat, shave their beards or their heads. There is no new testament scripture on tattoos specifically, but it implies that what one does to their body is a matter between them and God. Having a tattoo does not interfere with ones ability to serve the lord in any way
  • Ari 2011/09/22 10:31:38
    prolly not, I don't think they have anything to do with the soul so you shoul...
    Ari
    I have one that's a triquetra, representative of the holy trinity and eternity. The next one I plan on getting is the chorus of one of my favorite praise songs.
    As long as they are not images that are directly defiant of God (pentagrams, devils, etc), I think they're fine.

The main verse I keep seeing referenced against tattoos is about treating your body like a temple. What about the Sistine Chapel? Or any other church, chapel, temple, etc. with paintings, murals or the like? Just something to consider.
    In the end, it is God who will pass the final judgement, so I guess we'll find out then.
  • aaron.c... Ari 2012/05/24 01:41:06
    aaron.cardona.56
    +3
    Why does God says tattoos are of the devil? It just depends that what does your tattoo say! Some people's tattoos may say '' I love Jesus''
  • nicki.nimako 2011/08/30 03:52:44
    yes, tattoos are made by the Devil
    nicki.nimako
    god says that tattoos r bad and if u think that it not then read the bible and see for ur self
  • Jim nicki.n... 2012/07/29 22:21:12
    Jim
    +2
    You have no clue what you're talking about. There is one verse in the bible on tattoos, than many people quote, yet they have no clue of the context. The verse in leviticus is a part of mosaic law for the israelites. He was trying to separate them from the caananites, who engaged in idolatry by cutting themselves or putting images in their skin for reverence of the dead or deities. It had nothing to do with regular skin-decor. Makeup could be considered the same thing.
  • heyyout... nicki.n... 2012/09/03 15:50:35
    heyyouthere
    +1
    really? god said that?
    you do know that god didn't write the bible (it was man), which by the way "u" may want to trade for a dictionary
  • porsha 2011/06/11 03:16:52
    porsha
    +1
    I Dont Think You Will Go To Hell For Geting A Tattoo. The Only Way You're Going To Hell Is If You Dont Believe That Jesus Is The Son Of GOD. So Think Should Answer Your Question. But You Shouldn't Get A Tattoo Of An Devi, Now That Is A Sin !
  • T.Males 2011/01/26 19:44:40
    T.Males
    I am a strong believer in the Lord Jesus Christ and I have several tattoos, I had all of them done before I found Christ and I do believe it is a sin however if you truly seek Christ and put your faith in His hands, you WILL be saved
  • barbie T.Males 2011/07/08 07:16:00 (edited)
    barbie
    +3
    I agree with this because my sister had several tattoos before she found Christ even though she does believe it is a sin. However, my friend told me that if you get a tattoo that you will go to hell which made me have doubts about tattoos. But in the bible it doesn't say anything about how if you get a tattoo you will go to hell. But to be honest no-one knows who's going to heaven or hell , but all of us want to go to heaven. Even if the bible said that if you get a tattoo it will lead you to hell , there are other worst things in the world that you can do that will lead you to hell. And as god sad " he will forgive us for all our sins". As long as we pray for forgiveness what is the harm of having a tattoo and being a christian ?
    we are all not perfect.
  • James Lapp 2010/10/14 21:33:47
    James Lapp
    You have to remember forgiveness, a priest told me once that the only people who go to hell are those who really want to. God forgives everyone, it may sound cheesy but it also says in the bible, "See what love The Father has given us, that we should be called children of God; and so we are." Someones faith is also a very personal matter, if you feel like your tattoo will damn you to hell just look into your heart and atone with yourself, and don't let something like a tattoo make you feel like God is a bully, cause he's not. A father wouldn't damn his child unless that child damned them self, there is always a road back. So in conclusion whether the tattoo is wrong or not, cause i don't know, don't let it create a fission between you and god if you believe in him, let your love prevail. I guess the only case i could see as bad is if the tattoo damns god, like the commandment, not to take his name in vain. But then again, we are not god, so who are we to say. "thou who has not sinned may cast the first stone." ultimately it is between you and god.
  • JenniferLafitte-Rachal 2010/05/01 04:41:19
    JenniferLafitte-Rachal
    +1
    I have tattoos but it does say in the bible “Do not cut your bodies for the dead or put tattoo marks on yourselves. I am the LORD” (Leviticus 19:28) But I can not say where we will go because we have tattoos, only God our Lord can judge our fates.
  • Schramm Kahee Russell The D... 2009/10/05 23:59:10
    Schramm Kahee Russell The Dream Weaver!
    I am a very strong christian, and having Russell's name tattooed on my back is not going to sever my relationship with My Father God.
  • Elizabeth Lackey 2009/08/23 01:38:28
    Elizabeth Lackey
    What the hell does having a tatoo have to do with going to hell? I mean really, lets be realistic here people.
  • rezwits Elizabe... 2011/04/23 22:35:30
    rezwits
    +1
    It's kinda deep I think it may have to do with you living your life following a path and you living your life with a tattoo and going a different path... you basically a life with or a life without, two different roads...
  • nicki.n... Elizabe... 2011/08/30 03:33:04
    nicki.nimako
    +2
    GOD HATES TATTOOS THAT WAY SOMEPEOPLE GO TO HELL
  • Sailor ... nicki.n... 2013/05/28 04:27:05 (edited)
    Sailor Jerry [Proud Libertarian]
    oh really? does god truly hate tattoos, or are you just using god to justify discriminating against people who are different from you?
    to claim you are a christian, then turn around and condemn your fellow man goes against the Word of God, making you a Hypocrite.

shame on you
  • gddddddddddddddddd 2009/05/26 20:15:59
    gddddddddddddddddd
    You are retarded. They didn't have tattoos in 0-33 AD, so if Jesus is the messiah, I'm pretty sure he doesn't give a fuck. You really are retarded. I am serious. Also, I don't believe in God, but if you're a good person, I'm pretty sure God won't Hate you stupid asshole.
  • Schramm... gdddddd... 2009/10/06 00:00:55
    Schramm Kahee Russell The Dream Weaver!
    We can do without the hating, they just asked a question so back the fuck off!
  • RibbonTears 2008/12/19 15:30:25
    RibbonTears
    Of course not. Duh. My mum has tattoos, and she's fine.
  • nicki.n... RibbonT... 2011/08/30 03:26:40 (edited)
    nicki.nimako
    +2
    u can go to hell if u get a tattoos so tattoos r bad to God if u dont know now u do! P.S
    read the bible
  • gmanj77 2008/05/14 14:28:30 (edited)
  • wolf-lover gmanj77 2008/05/14 14:46:51
    wolf-lover
    I don't get it
  • LoXx 2008/04/19 21:43:30
    LoXx
    That's ridiculous!
  • Jax 2008/04/01 03:05:54
    Jax
    I never heard that one before. Did they even know about tattoos back then when they wrote the bible? That's stupid. I guess I'm going to hell then.
  • wolf-lover Jax 2008/04/01 03:23:04
    wolf-lover
    +1
    lol me too
  • Josie 2008/03/29 18:51:07
    Josie
    I personally don't believe in heaven or hell, but if I did, I would bet that you wouldn't get sent to hell. What does your tattoo mean by the way?
  • wolf-lover Josie 2008/03/29 18:52:51
    wolf-lover
    its the Japanese calligraphy sign for love
  • Shane - oldschoolelf 2008/03/29 05:38:09
    Shane - oldschoolelf
    It's your soul that lasts for eternity. The tattoos are temporal. Look at my pic, I'm christian and I have a tattoo. A dragon no less. (yeah right, I'm really gonna burn for that one)
  • Aingean 2008/03/29 05:35:56
    Aingean
    i hope not, cause id rather not go to hell, im going to get a tat when i hve the money. tattoos have nothing to do with heaven or hell
  • Hooch(ElBlancoDiablo) 2008/03/29 05:16:10
    Hooch(ElBlancoDiablo)
    I am ordained and have some where in the upper 30's for a tat count.
  • Darling of Ville 2008/03/28 07:37:18
    Darling of Ville
    I already have one. If that's the case, I guess I will be seeing a TON of people down in hell. Hell's tattoo party anyone?
  • wolf-lover Darling... 2008/03/28 15:00:58
    wolf-lover
    +1
    lol I guess I'm joining you, my tattoo will be on my profile in a little bit
  • Darling... wolf-lover 2008/03/28 15:57:52
    Darling of Ville
    Nice tat! Where is it at?
  • wolf-lover Darling... 2008/03/28 17:01:43
    wolf-lover
    +1
    thanks, its on the left side of my lower back
  • hasopin... Darling... 2009/08/30 05:42:37
    hasopiniononeverything
    +4
    See you there! I'll bring the chips.
    I am a Catholic and have a tattoo with plans for another. Furthermore, "treat your body as a temple"??....well then does that mean that people that are struggling with weight are going to hell, too?
  • Darling... hasopin... 2009/08/30 06:52:33
    Darling of Ville
    +1
    I've got some excellent chip dip to bring! lol

Hmm...that's an interesting question. I mean, how far do we take "treat your body as a temple"? How do we define what's considered okay and what's not within that quote? Also, if getting a tattoo makes someone feel more connected spiritually, is it still considered wrong? Who knows!
  • Schramm... Darling... 2009/10/06 00:04:16
    Schramm Kahee Russell The Dream Weaver!
    +1
    Yeah, let's have a hell tatoo party. PARTY!
  • Sampire 2008/03/28 07:28:07
    Sampire
    +1
    LOL! What verse in the bible says: "Thou shalt not get a tattoo."
    Now, I don't particularly think tattoos are appropriate, it does say in the bible that you are supposed to treat your body as a temple, because if you are saved and believe what I do then the Lord dwells with you, and you're supposed to take care of yourself. But getting one doesn't damn you to hell, that's ridiculous. As long as you love and accept the Lord into your life, then you've got nothing to worry about.
  • wolf-lover Sampire 2008/03/28 15:01:26
    wolf-lover
    +1
    thats what i thought
  • Emmy Sampire 2008/11/11 13:43:05
    Emmy
    You hit it on the head.

2014/07/22 17:34:17