If you could advise your state politicians on what to do over the debt ceiling,. would you advise them to make the government to live within it's means or to keep raising the debt ceiling again and again ?

PEEPL 2011/07/26 00:04:45
It's only money,. keep raising the debt ceiling
make the government live within it's means like everyone else
Other (details)

• Barbara Hasler 2011/07/27 00:42:40
    Barbara Hasler
    +1
    Apparently the founding fathers made an assumption that the leaders of our republic would show restraint with their spending and no balanced budget amendment would be necessary. Unfortunately their assumption was flawed. We have now spend ourselves into near disaster and the president seem reluctant to curb the spending. It is time to take a grip on our federal government and bring it back into financial balance. No more spending the SS funds for turtle bridges, etc. No more meeting the demands of lobbyistst with the taxpayers money for campaign donations for your coffers. Itis time to take an austere look at ourcumstances and forget about tap dancing around to try and get re-elected. Grow up Washington and face reality. We are on a precipice of financial ruin and your re-election is not on our minds. What do you intend to do to save the republic?
  • Slade 2011/07/27 00:17:32
    Other (details)
    Slade
    +1
    Advising my state politicians on federal issues would probably be as productive as advising my Federal officials on this subject.
  • Pedro Doller ~Inc. 2011/07/26 07:14:59
    Pedro Doller ~Inc.
    +1
    I think all States are constitutionally (State Constitution) required to have a balance budget. The Federal government needs a constitutional amendment requiring the same.
  • AL 2011/07/26 05:16:10
    AL
    +1
    I might ask them to resign,just so we could get real leaders to clean up the mess they made
  • Diana 2011/07/26 00:48:59
    Diana
    +1
    I have to live within my means.I don't have a machine to print money.
  • THE SOCIALIST PARTY 2011/07/26 00:20:02
    Other (details)
    THE SOCIALIST PARTY
    +1
    I would advise them to end all our wars, cut military spending by 50%, end all training of foreign military and paramilitary personnel, and close all military bases on foreign soil.
  • AL THE SOC... 2011/07/26 05:16:58
    AL
    Libya as well?
  • Slade THE SOC... 2011/07/27 00:15:00
    Slade
    Why would you advise your state politicians to get involved in Federal issues?
  • EliteAmongOutcasts 2011/07/26 00:08:46 (edited)

2014/10/20 11:23:36