If senate Democrats, and families had to use Obamacare, would they have voted for it?

Mr. T 2012/05/23 23:03:36

• ed 2012/05/24 00:39:23
    NO - Democrats think they are above "We the People"
    ed
    +5
    no that's why they should be forced to have it.

• Singerar 2012/05/24 20:32:14
    YES - They are more than willing to do the fair thing that Obama keeps harpin...
    Singerar
    Even with the great insurance we have, things have been changing over the last five years and it's not good. I'd like to know in detail what the bills will propose but so far, I'm hearing good things about it.
    The whole medical care and pharmaceutical environment needs to chance.
    I passed a kidney stone two months ago, got a CAT scan and two shots...cost: $12,000.
    WTF??? No surgery, no laser treatment, just laid in the bed, got xrayed and received a pain killer!!! Those are NASA prices. Things have to change!
  • Deep007 2012/05/24 18:42:04
    Deep007
    +2
    HELL NO
  • Dana 2012/05/24 14:46:52
    Dana
    +1
    Hello?????? The health care reform act is not some kind of nationalized medicine... it is simply a law that regulated the insurance companies and makes them play by the rules. They can no longer drop you from your coverage when you get ill or injured, or drop a child from their coverage. They are required to insure all children, not allowed to discriminate anymore, charge more, etc... each child in America can get insurance now, instead of the companies denying them. (Been there done that on this one...) In 2014, ALL Americans will be able to buy insurance and no one can be denied for any reason. Yes, there is a demand that all buy.. and many hate this, but, that was to appease the insurance companies and level the playing field. Also, insurance companies can no longer jack up your rates anytime for no reason... and they are required to use 80% of the premiums they receive on actual health care instead of the bismal amounts they used before.

You really want to go back to allowing the insurance companies to play their crazy games? Really? Do you want to see children who have illness'es dropped from their coverage? Really? Do you want to take the chance that you could get sick or injured and have the insurance company just plain deny your care.... as they have done countless times? They needed to be regulated and this bill does that. Hate it all you want to, but you will reap the benefits of it as well.
  • Maynard 2012/05/24 12:21:04
    Maynard
    +2
    When NEWT was Speaker, he pushed a law thru that put ALL members of the House under the same laws that the American people were under.

nancy pelosi abolished the law to allow SPECIAL treatment for lawmakers in both internal investigations AND the hell care law.

Is there one single liberal who SUPPORTS THAT CRAP?

NEWT was a great Speaker and pelosi SUCKS.
  • D D 2012/05/24 12:07:14
    Other
    D D
    +3
    None of them who voted had concerns about healthcare for their family. They are all taken care of.
  • Dana D D 2012/05/24 14:47:57
    Dana
    +1

• D D Dana 2012/05/24 15:22:26
    D D
    +1
    I happen to be one of those people who are denied coverage due to pre-existing condition. There is not going to be one price for adults and another for kids. When I am forced to buy health insurance I am going to be scalped. I will probably become homeless. It is not a flat charge for everyone no matter your situation. I won't be denied, but I will be paying a huge premium. They may not drop me, but they will charge me more because there is no flat rate protecting me.

If Obama really wanted to do something he could have opened up the insurance business with it not being tied down by state. If he would done away with state restrictions, it would have made a competitive market and brought down prices. That was all he had to do.

"Hate it all you want to, but you will reap the benefits of it as well."

I am going to be homeless.
  • Dana D D 2012/05/24 17:13:00
    Dana
    +1
    I am in same exact boat as you, and have been denied. But, also my child was denied, and now she can not be. Her premium is exactly the same as her brothers who does not have any pre exisiting conditions. Coverage for each is identical. Insurance companies in our state tried to raise the rates dramatically just before this went into effect for children last fall, and it was ruled down and they only raised it about $3.

You worry about homeless, I do to. If this bill is repealed, my daughter will very likely be dropped and she can not be with out her meds. Literally, she would die. And thousands if not millions of others would too.

I have spent the last 6+ years w/ no insurance. And it is scary as hell. a few 3wks ago, I fell on some rocks and got a very nasty avulsion on my knee. Could not see a doctor, no insurance. So just cleaned and bandaged it and limped around. Then I got sick and fast, and this thing was draining horrible pus. I was feverish and vomiting, and just wanted to sleep. All I could do was get some of my horses antibiotics and also some left over from the dog..,. 2 different kinds.... but saw on the net both together can help combat a staph infection. So I am taking those, and while I know they are working, I am still sick. I had a staph infection in the bone ye...

I have spent the last 6+ years w/ no insurance. And it is scary as hell. a few 3wks ago, I fell on some rocks and got a very nasty avulsion on my knee. Could not see a doctor, no insurance. So just cleaned and bandaged it and limped around. Then I got sick and fast, and this thing was draining horrible pus. I was feverish and vomiting, and just wanted to sleep. All I could do was get some of my horses antibiotics and also some left over from the dog..,. 2 different kinds.... but saw on the net both together can help combat a staph infection. So I am taking those, and while I know they are working, I am still sick. I had a staph infection in the bone years ago, and it was a huge big deal, surgery numerous times, antibiotics for almost a year, I kid you not. But there is not possible way for me to even see a doctor, the money does not exist. If I did... we would lose everything, and that is not even much, but my kids need a roof over their head. So, facing that and thanking GOD that I had some antibiotics available to me, not enough... and will run out of the one, but I had something here to help me. I need insurance, just like we all do. What if one of us has a heart attack? Or gets in a car wreck? It is unthinkable, but I worry all the time anyways.
  • Singerar Dana 2012/05/24 20:25:47
    Singerar
    +1
    Dana, I'm so sorry you are going through that.

Have you checked with an advocate at a local hospital to see if they can give you a waver for treatment? Some hospitals put these aside for such cases. Also, check with a larger church in your area, you'd be surprised how much some are willing to help. Some have funds set aside for this, just make sure it's a large church.

I hope you are okay soon!!! I know it's frustrating! I went for years without insurance until I married. I had to pay $5000 just to see if I had an ulcer! Took me years to pay back.
    Take care!
  • Dana Singerar 2012/05/24 22:22:41
    Dana
    Thank you so much for your kind words and great advice! churches around here are small, and it is a pretty low income area, so I don't think they are able to help, especially someone who is not a member of their church... understandably. I did call the supposed free clinic, and was told they would not allow me to come in unless I was homeless and could prove it with 2 years bank statements and 2 years tax returns. I could not believe it. What a pile of crap! I told her I would pay, but could not pay to go to a regular doctor, and she said no. I was floored. But, thank God, the antibiotics are working, just trying to be very careful, lots of yogurt too, to settle my stomach from the nausea from the meds.

I am so sorry to read about that 5K bill! Yikes! This is key to what is wrong in this country... exorbitant medical costs, much much more than any other country, and all because we have this middle man... mister insurance company... making money on each side of every deal... and the costs just keep going up and up. I hate the insurance companies, but if we have to deal with them, I want them regulated so they have to stop their BS, and this bill did it. I was all for a single payer or universal health care, and hope someday that comes and we can by pass these crooked companies....

I am so sorry to read about that 5K bill! Yikes! This is key to what is wrong in this country... exorbitant medical costs, much much more than any other country, and all because we have this middle man... mister insurance company... making money on each side of every deal... and the costs just keep going up and up. I hate the insurance companies, but if we have to deal with them, I want them regulated so they have to stop their BS, and this bill did it. I was all for a single payer or universal health care, and hope someday that comes and we can by pass these crooked companies..... but that may just be a pipe dream. Seems the sheer ignorance and stubbornness of the GOP will prevail no matter what and they want the insurance companies to be as profitable as possible and do not care how m,nay people die.

Take care, hugs!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Singerar Dana 2012/05/24 22:33:29
    Singerar
    +1
    Here's another idea just in case. I wish you good luck in healing.

http://www.healing-from-home-...

Also, honey is a great antibiotic....put that in everything while you are healing!
  • Dana Singerar 2012/05/24 22:42:20
    Dana
    +1
    You're a sweetheart and thank you! I did a poultice for several days when it was draining so badly and it really pulled a lot out.

I will add in the honey,m very good suggestion, thanks! I am also taking Yin Chiao, great for the immune system, and also stimulates healing.

Thanks again!!!! hugs!
  • 4570GOVT Singerar 2012/05/24 23:23:45 (edited)
    4570GOVT
    +2
    They helped both myself , and my wife . It is called H-Cap ( if you can get it ) . In my case , I went to the Cleveland Clinic for Spinal Reconstruction and Neurological Work . It didn't cost me a dime . You can make 3 or 4 Times The Poverty Limit and it's still free . Nearly ALL hospitals have this .
  • Dana 4570GOVT 2012/05/26 17:55:35
    Dana
    +1
    I just found this for you.... you had asked what has been done in Ohio??
    http://www.healthcare.gov/law...

Hope this helps, it was a great site w/ lots of very helpful information. :)
  • D D Dana 2012/05/25 14:12:59
    D D
    +1
    I know what you have gone through. I had to take fish antibiotics. You were lucky to have access to horse pills as that is a far better way to go. The fish antibiotics I took were not the quality of human grade pills. Horse antibiotics are good quality.

Oh well, I am waiting to be homeless if obamacare goes through. You told me your situation, which I can totally relate to, but obamacare does not say we will be charged a flat rate no matter what condition you are in, age or state. I may not be denied, but I will be charged out the a$$.
  • Dana D D 2012/05/25 17:12:08
    Dana
    +1
    I think it will not be as bad as you think. Please realize a good portion of this plan has already taken effect and no one has been harmed by it. All it is is protections for you and me and our children. Good luck to you. I wish you the very best.
  • D D Dana 2012/05/26 09:41:27
    D D
    I wish you good luck as well. We just don't agree about if obamacare will be good and help people. Obamacare has not gone into effect yet, supreme court has to pass it.
  • Dana D D 2012/05/26 16:11:54
    Dana
    +1
    Many parts have gone into effect... can not be dropped for getting sick or injured, can keep your child on your plan till they are 26, can not do crazy rate hikes, all children w/ pre existing conditions can no longer be denied coverage and can not be charged more than any other kid. Both mine have exact same policy now... same price, and my boy has no healt issues. Prior to last fall when shopping for insurance for my daughter we were denied straight across the board, no one would cover her. Fortunately she was covered under her dads policy, but he was supposed to retire and she needed her own policy. He had to commit to another full year of employment, just to keep her on his insurnace till that part of the health care plan that does not allow discrimination against kids w/ illness's, went into effect last fall.
  • Dana D D 2012/05/26 17:57:27
    Dana
    +1
    Just found this... complete timeline of what has gone into effect and when and what will go into effect and when... plus many many excellent explanations across this site. http://www.healthcare.gov/law...
  • Lefty 2012/05/24 11:02:25
    Other
    Lefty
    Why? We the people already pay for their health care.
  • jubil8 BN-0 PON 2012/05/24 03:53:50
    Other
    jubil8 BN-0 PON
    +1
    I don't know (I think it's doubtful) -- but maybe someone would have read it.
  • Mr. T jubil8 ... 2012/05/24 13:20:55
    Mr. T
    +1
    "Maybe" someone should have read it? That is certainly an understatement.
  • jubil8 ... Mr. T 2012/05/24 16:37:36
    jubil8 BN-0 PON
    It's also not what I said.
  • mwg0735 2012/05/24 02:22:31
  • Brat 2012/05/24 02:17:41
    Other
    Brat
    +1
    No politician wants to be on Obamacare!
  • Ozzyboy 2012/05/24 01:47:53
    Ozzyboy
    +1
    The better questions is why does anyone in America have any different health care than the people they impose this $hit on?
  • Demonic Rat Hunter 2012/05/24 01:28:57
    Demonic Rat Hunter
    +2
    Why do you think they gave so many unions so many waivers. Funny how those that wanted it wanted to be exempt as soon as it was passed.
  • 4570GOVT 2012/05/24 01:26:15 (edited)
    4570GOVT
    +2
    Crazy Nancy got her district ( San Francisco ) EXEMPTED from it ! Unions & OTHERS who got Obama Elected ARE EXEMPT ! Congress Is EXEMPT !

The " Rest Of Us " will lose our private insurance And Be Forced Into Pools . THAT is ObamaCare ! Just think , when you go to the doctor , it will be like going to an underfunded , understaffed Free Clinic where " you " are just a number . You will " have to wait ALL DAY " to get substandard healthcare . Won't It Be Great ?
  • jubil8 ... 4570GOVT 2012/05/24 03:55:28
    jubil8 BN-0 PON
    +2
    If Pelosi got her district exempted from it, couldn't we all?
  • 4570GOVT jubil8 ... 2012/05/24 14:05:42
    4570GOVT
    +1
    We should ALL BE exempted ! The only way Obie could get it passed was through Extortion & Exempting his friends .
  • Dana 4570GOVT 2012/05/24 14:48:34
    Dana
    +1

• 4570GOVT Dana 2012/05/24 15:16:13
    4570GOVT
    +1
    HELLO ???????????? Are " YOU " paying attention ??????????

ObamaCare is FULL of Waste & Fraud ! So much of it has NOTHING to do with Health Care and EVERYTHING to do with PAY-OFFS to Unions , Doners , Congress / Senate , Friends , Etc. who had to be BRIBED in order to pass it ! Nobody Got a Chance To READ IT before its passage . This bill has been around since WAY BEFORE the Clintons , only more fraud was added this time around .

$500 BILLION DOLLARS$$$ were ROBBED from Medicare ( and will Destroy MediCare and throw everyone into the " POOL " ! Many Companies Are Already Choosing To " DROP THEIR INSURANCE for their employees " and pay the penalty " because it's cheeper ! Those employees will be Forced Into The " POOL " ! This will result in Health Care much like the " Free Clinic " with substandard care and poor doctors ( because doctors can no longer afford to practice ) .

Etc. , Etc.
  • jubil8 ... 4570GOVT 2012/05/24 17:14:33
    jubil8 BN-0 PON
    True, but that's Congress (and Obama for signing), not a flaw in the concept.

There were over 300 amendments ALREADY proposed when the bill went to committee in July, 2009. Good grief.
  • 4570GOVT jubil8 ... 2012/05/24 23:04:16
    4570GOVT
    +2
    I agree with this one thing that you said - " , not a flaw in the concept."

The " concept " of health care reform makes perfect sense to me - ObamaCare Does NOT ! It should be Thrown Out & Start Over .............. There is so much Fraud & Waste that is intertwined into the good that they cannot be separated .
    It MUST be a bi-partisan bill ............ with no riders .
  • jubil8 ... 4570GOVT 2012/05/24 23:14:14 (edited)
    jubil8 BN-0 PON
    No riders? Bwahahahaha.... (sorry).
  • 4570GOVT jubil8 ... 2012/05/24 23:17:52
    4570GOVT
    +1
    SORRY .................... I should have known better that have a conversation with a Sheeple . Carry On !
  • jubil8 ... 4570GOVT 2012/05/24 23:47:10
    jubil8 BN-0 PON
    Calling me names because Congress sucks is lame.
  • 4570GOVT jubil8 ... 2012/05/25 02:00:06
  • jubil8 ... 4570GOVT 2012/05/25 02:29:19
    jubil8 BN-0 PON
    I didn't disagree that we need reform. I merely pointed out that trying to get a clean bill out of Congress is about as likely as the Cubs winnng the World Series.
  • Dana 4570GOVT 2012/05/24 17:15:48
    Dana
    if you have insurance you like, keep it... all this bill does is say that I can no longer be denied buying MY insurance too! And especially for my children, they can not be denied and my daughter was. Now she is not and her rate is same as her brothers. It is an insurance policy not some type of free clinic care. THAT PART NEVER HAPPENED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2014/09/02 10:20:26