If Religion Never Existed, What Do You Think Our World Would Be Like Today?

Mitzie 2008/08/12 08:03:53
The World Would Be...
The World Would...
I Don't Know
Today there are many fight between religions, like always. Now Imagine If There Was Never A Religion Created. What Do You Think the Planet Would Be Like? Some of you will probably say we wouldn't exist because God made Religion, But He didn't, So just Answer the Question.

The World Would Be...
    +6
    pretty much as it is,as we have free will and with that humans make good and bad choices...most world problems stem from Pride and Greed

• Bryan Hunter 2013/02/26 02:23:27 (edited)
    Bryan Hunter
    The world without religion is the one that I wan't to live in. There were no major reasons to kill anyone before it. Science would be at least decades, if not 100s of years ahead of what it is now, if it weren't suppressed by religion. I'm 14, and most people my age believe in "God". I, of course, disagree. No matter how much I say about my argument, Christians still act like I'm some sort of anti-christ, sent by "Satan". I know this one guy, Robie Ray, who denies evolution entirely. I asked him once, "You agree with something that can't be proven, but disagree with something that has been proven?". He merely said, "yep", and acted victorious. He and I get into debates occasionally, (religion, politics, etc.), and he, no matter how much I know I'm right, acts victorious. Sometimes, when I say things about his religion (Christian), he yells. I've only met 4 people my age and younger who agree that religion is just a terrible thing, and that this world would be better without it. In the words of John Lennon, "Christianity will go. It will vanish and shrink. I needn't argue with that; I'm right and will be proved right..." #f*ckreligion
  • Citysailor 2010/07/11 21:08:22
    The World Would...
    Citysailor
    The world would clearly be a more crowded place since I believe more people have died and been killed in the name of religion than other single cause!

Secondly, we'd be able to buy a drink before noon on Sunday!
  • DimitryBelimov 2010/06/23 10:42:30
    The World Would...
    DimitryBelimov
    +1
    If religion never existed the Dark Ages would of never existed. The church wouldn't have suppressed people into fear, and the scientific community would thrive. The Renaissance would of come much sooner, and the moon landing would of taken place much earlier than the 20th century.

A much safer place where everyone is educated.
  • Meme 2010/02/15 10:21:26
    I Don't Know
    Meme
    That is a very good question???
  • STEFKA 2010/02/11 05:03:51
    STEFKA
    WHAT WORLD!!!! It would be abolished.....
  • Malachi 2010/02/06 09:53:57
    The World Would Be...
    Malachi
    like sodom and gomorrah, barbaric,
  • Sandy 2010/02/06 02:39:11
    The World Would Be...
    Sandy
    It would be supertitious...
  • wombat 2010/02/04 18:18:36
    The World Would...
    wombat
    be more peaceful
  • Starr 2010/02/04 13:29:06
    The World Would Be...
    Starr
    Sad. world sad
  • GOD 2010/02/04 07:35:25
    The World Would Be...
    GOD
    +1
    a much safer place

world safer
  • seathanaich 2010/02/04 00:20:46
    The World Would Be...
    seathanaich
    +1
    "Religion" is the catch-all word for the first, irrational attempts of humanity at philosophy, science, law, morality. We had to create religions as part of our intellectual development. There was no way around this.

That said, we've evolved past needing them. Now they are a hindrance, not a help. Cheers.
  • Teddy 2010/02/03 19:45:58
    The World Would...
    Teddy
    I think the world would be much more tame. There wouldn't be as much controversy as there is now. A lot of the problem is people getting prosecuted for believing what they believe, so if we eliminated that I think it might be better.
  • z-Madness-z 2010/02/03 18:52:37
    The World Would Be...
    z-Madness-z
    Different. That's for sure. But not super-bad and not super-great. Just different.
  • Jo 2010/02/03 15:20:31
    The World Would Be...
    Jo
    Religion is just the label we use to put on various beliefs in God. Not all those religions can be true because they all teach contradictory things about God. Now, we wouldn't even have a universe if it weren't for the existence of God, and if there is a God He can certainly reveal Himself to His creatures. That revelation of Himself is what we label "religion." We would be in bad shape without this revelation of God, but as for the false religion that is man-made, we could definitely live without. We need truth; we need the knowledge of God that comes from God, not people's imaginative ideas about what they want to believe.
  • KB Jo 2010/02/04 14:37:05
    KB
    Any supposed revelation by any god was man made to every degree. You WANT to believe in the christian god, so you do.
  • Jo KB 2010/02/04 14:53:43
    Jo
    Not man made because it's not initiated by man -- but only received by man.
  • FREED Speaks Up 2010/02/03 14:55:41
    The World Would Be...
    FREED Speaks Up
    +1
    The world wouldn't exist because with God it wouldn't have been created including humans.

But the absence of God is the absence of good.
    The absence of good is evil.
  • KB FREED S... 2010/02/04 14:37:47
    KB
    Who's god is the right god? Your god? Why?
  • FREED S... KB 2010/02/04 14:52:12
    FREED Speaks Up
    There is only One God and His Name is Jehovah. He is the God of gods.

Why? Because He is the Only One Who proved Himself to be God by sending His Son Jesus Christ to die to redeem mankind from sin and death. He rose from the dead to prove He was Who He said He was. And He was seen by more than 500 people. Even the non believing historians record that fact.

Even Creation bears witness of Him. Just look to the sky.

I can't prove him to you. Nor can anyone disprove Him.
  • KB FREED S... 2010/02/04 15:02:03 (edited)
    KB
    I look in the sky and see cold clouds of Hydrogen Dioxide. There were several hydrogen dioxide comets that probably hit the earth billions of years ago. Venus has Sulfur Dioxide clouds, we have Hydrogen Dioxide clouds. I see chemistry up there. Venus is hundreds of degrees hotter, most likely because of a runaway greenhouse effect millions of years ago. The elements of earth are abundant on venus, just configured differently.

Jesus was seen by 500 people after magically coming back to life IN ONE ACCOUNT. That book is flawed, it needs its sources cited.
  • FREED S... KB 2010/02/04 15:46:06
    FREED Speaks Up
    Well, I leave you with your beliefs. And I will conclude our discussion with this, you will one day stand, no kneel, before Him.

Blessings
  • XSummerX Tokio Hotel Freak(= 2010/02/03 03:53:49
    XSummerX Tokio Hotel Freak(=
    A good question!

Yes, religion has caused uncounted human sacrifices, brutal penances, wars, exploitation of people and lots of other atrocities.

But on a far grander scale, religion has motivated people to care for one another, to live in peace, to share, to give relief, and -- yes -- to turn the other cheek. Religion is without a doubt the greatest civilizing influence ever discovered.

Of course we should eliminate all the zealots, the crusaders who feel theirs is the only true religion, the fanatics who feel they are becoming more holy and securing their place in Heaven by destroying as many people as possible, if they have a different religion. Religion has misguided many people, to the great detrmient of us all. But do not overlook that religion has also guided a much larger number of people, to do right and love mercy and grant compassion.

While religion has not been a universal and undiluted benefit for humanity. But there can be no doubt that humanity is far better off, because we have religions.
  • Dionysus 2010/02/03 03:51:18
    I Don't Know
    Dionysus
    +1
    Kings and Queens did use Religion to oppress people. It is now used to make gullible people do things they normally would do.
  • Anemone 2010/02/03 03:38:18
    The World Would Be...
    Anemone
    I think it would be still as violent as it is today, people don't need religion to find excuses to kill each other.
  • Tomus Megalomania 2010/02/03 02:52:43
    The World Would Be...
    Tomus Megalomania
    just as irrational as it is now...
  • yessi 2010/02/03 01:20:50
    The World Would Be...
    yessi
    happier world happier
  • Aphrodite 2010/02/03 01:05:14
    I Don't Know
    Aphrodite
    More recently, religion has caused a lot of conflict, But in the (distant) past, it united people, and is probably the only reason they didn't all kill each other. Also It boosted morale in ways. And without religion, Assassins Creed would have no plot!
  • Faith,♥ Maranatha! 2010/02/02 21:27:22
    The World Would...
    Faith,♥ Maranatha!
  • lady_c5_loadmaster 2010/02/02 21:26:52
    The World Would Be...
    lady_c5_loadmaster
    full of unsaved, un repentant people.
  • Jimmy 2010/02/02 21:17:38
    The World Would Be...
    Jimmy
    +1
    Despite the fact that 80% of all wars have been based on religion, war is human nature. So even without religions, those GWB war mongers would find some other reason to kill. Some look at it the logical way, w/o war, there is no peace.
  • Razia 2010/02/02 21:13:17
    The World Would Be...
    Razia
    +1
    A much better place. Man would live by knowledge and common spirituality, not belief.
  • Tara 2010/02/02 20:11:24
    The World Would Be...
    Tara
    A more tolerant place I think. Out of all the people I have come in contact with the religious are the most intolerant.
  • The Winter Sodahead 2010/02/02 20:10:21
    The World Would...
    The Winter Sodahead
    humanity would probably be exploring the galaxy
    The World Would Be...
    +1
    Peaceful.
  • RV ~ The Peacekeeper of PHAET 2010/02/02 19:13:33
    The World Would Be...
    RV ~ The Peacekeeper of PHAET
    less peaceful although it isn´t much peaceful and many people wouldn´t have any hope because they only trust in god the world would be much worse without religion
  • Jehnyhal~ Hope Not Hate~the... 2010/02/02 19:10:44
    Jehnyhal~ Hope Not Hate~the Renaissance Women of PHAET
    It's impossible to tell. But humans would have found something to 'believe' in. How else could they answer life's -then- unanswerable questions?
  • Larson Whipsnade 2010/02/02 18:43:35
    The World Would Be...
    Larson Whipsnade
    +1
    If there had never been the fear of the justice of God, Humans would never have advanced beyond just a land-dwelling ape who made tools with sticks and stones.
  • The Win... Larson ... 2010/02/02 20:11:14
    The Winter Sodahead
    no we didn't advance because we were afraid, we advanced because we weren't
  • Larson ... The Win... 2010/02/02 20:35:31
    Larson Whipsnade
    we advanced because we had rules! Apes have no rules, which is why they never advanced
  • The Win... Larson ... 2010/02/02 20:36:06
    The Winter Sodahead
    and we made rules for ourselves

2014/12/18 13:26:31