If Obama is Elected will He set Race Relations Back Decades?

Ice 2008/10/15 21:54:27
Obama will set Race Relations back decades!
Obama will improve race relations!

"Winfrey was a member of Trinity United from 1984 to 1986, and she continued to attend off and on into the early to the mid-1990s. But then she stopped. A major reason—but by no means the only reason—was the Rev. Jeremiah Wright.

According to two sources, Winfrey was never comfortable with the tone of Wright's more incendiary sermons, which she knew had the power to damage her standing as America's favorite daytime talk-show host. "

SOURCE: http://www.newsweek.com/id/135392

damage standing americas daytime talk-show host source httpwww newsweek comid135392

Michelle and Barack Obama attended a Racist Church for over 20 years and only separated from that church once the media got wind of what was being Preached in that controversial Church.

The Obama's have distanced themselves from these Racist figures during the election, I am curious what those relationships will look like if Obama is elected to office and what impact that will have on Race Relations in America?

Will America be Paying Reparations for Slavery under an Obama administration?

Will Small Businesses that make more than $250,00.00 a year and "RICH" people that Obama plans on Raising their Taxes on be paying for Reparations? Seem Far Fetched?

Think about it while you view this segment of Videos on the subject.

Here Barack Obama does NOT say NO to Reparations!

Louis Farrakhan who Received the Highest Award from Obama's Church shown here stating America Owes the Black Community Reparations for Slavery!

Farrakhan Part 1

Farrakhan Part 23---"You owe us! We wanna Get Paid!"

Michelle Obama with Louis Farrakhan!
reparations slavery farrakhan 1 farrakhan 2 michelle obama louis farrakhan

MIchael Pfleger Obamas Recent Adviser Calling for Reparations at Obama's Church!

Prior to his election to the U.S. Senate in 2004 Obama opposed
reparations for slavery. After his election, Obama subtly changed his
view, stating he was against "just signing over checks to African-
Americans," leaving open the possibility of other forms of reparations
would be acceptable to him (Chicago Tribune 11/14/2004).

Recently, Obama has stated that an organized and responsible program
for reparations needs to be implemented.

"This will only amount to a few dollars each month", said Obama.

"The families affected will not even know the difference, it is the
right thing to do. We can bring change and hope to the disaffected
with this positive action."

"Each White family will only have to give a few pennies each day, the
$450,000 can be paid over 20, 30 or 40 years, there will be no impact
on their finances. With this donation to fairness, equality will be
achieved and the change will bring hope to the disenfranchised."

"We all can believe in this change for the future of America, we will
change the divisiveness of the political process and unite behind me."

SOURCE: http://newsgroups.derkeiler.com/Archive/Alt/alt.sports.footba...

Take a Close hard Look at all of the Obama's Racist Friends/Associates and Advisers folks.

Obama And Rev.Wright
footba close obamas racist friendsassociates advisers folks obama rev wright
Obama and Jesse Jackson
racist friendsassociates advisers folks obama rev wright obama jesse jackson racist friendsassociates advisers folks obama rev wright obama jesse jackson
JESSE JACKSON:---"All those years of work without wages are the foundations of America's wealth," Jackson says. "America must acknowledge its roots in the slavery empire, apologize for it ... and work on some plan to compensate."
SOURCE: http://www.usatoday.com/money/general/2002/03/25/reparations-...

Jesse Jackson and Michael Pfleger!
obama rev wright obama jesse jackson jesse jackson michael pfleger
Obama and Al Sharpton
folks obama rev wright obama jesse jackson obama al sharpton
REV. SHARPTON: "I'm in favor of reparations, and I'm in favor of it in the context of I support the bill HR-40, proposed by Congressman John Conti (Conyers)"
Source: http://www.blackelectorate.com/articles.asp?ID=686

Sen.John Conyers
conti conyers source httpwww blackelectorate comarticles aspid686 sen john conyers

Sen.John Conyers:--- "The Commission to Study Reparation Proposals for African American Act:

In January of 1989, I first introduced the bill H.R. 40, Commission to Study Reparation Proposals for African Americans Act. I have re-introduced HR 40 every Congress since 1989, and will continue to do so until it's passed into law."

SOURCE: http://www.house.gov/conyers/news_reparations.shtml

Sen.Ellison,Obama and Conyers
law source httpwww house govconyersnewsreparations shtml sen conyers sen obama
"Conyers is one of the top recipients of donations from the Arab-American Leadership PAC. And not surprisingly, he has a long history of pandering to Arab and Muslim voters."

"In 2003, Conyers hosted the first dinner on the Hill that celebrated the end of Ramadan for such Muslim leaders. It's now a tradition. Incoming Democrat freshman Keith Ellison, a Louis Farrakhan disciple and first Muslim member of Congress, will no doubt expand the invitation list."

SOURCE: http://www.investors.com/editorial/editorialcontent.asp?secid...

Who is Sen.Keith Ellison? He has ties with Louis Farrakhan!

Senator Keith Ellison
comeditorialeditorialcontent aspsecid sen kieth ellison ties louis farrakhan kieth ellison
Jesse Jackson Supporting the First Muslim In Congress Keith Ellison
farrakhan kieth ellison jesse jackson supporting muslim congress keith ellison
OBAMA and Keith Ellison
jesse jackson supporting muslim congress keith ellison obama kieth ellison

Keith Maurice Ellison (born August 4, 1963) is an American lawyer and politician belonging to the Democratic-Farmer-Labor Party. He became the first Muslim[1][2] to be elected to the United States Congress when he won the open seat for Minnesota's 5th congressional district, centered around Minneapolis, in the House of Representatives in 2006. He is also the first African American elected to the House from Minnesota, currently serving in the freshman class of the 110th United States Congress.[3] Ellison is also active on a national level in advocacy for Muslims in the United States

Farrakhan and Nation of Islam ties

While a law student in 1989 and 1990, Ellison wrote several columns as Keith E. Hakim in the student newspaper, the Minnesota Daily. "The first article defended Louis Farrakhan against accusations of antisemitism."[72], defended Nation of Islam spokesman Khalid Abdul Muhammad, and spoke in the voice of a Nation of Islam advocate."[73] The second column "called affirmative action a 'sneaky' form of compensation for slavery, suggesting instead that white Americans pay reparations to blacks."[72] The third suggested the creation of a separate state for black residents.[74][75]

In 1995, Ellison, writing an editorial as Keith X. Ellison, stated that Farrakhan is not an anti-Semite.[76][77] The same year, Ellison was identified as a member of the Nation of Islam in the Star Tribune

SOURCE: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keith_Maurice_Ellison

I make NO apologies for Slavery, as Obama offers up excuses for his relationship with Bill Ayers who Bombed our Capitol and says he was "only 8 Years old when that happened", I was not even alive when slavery existed! So no ones Tax Dollars should go to pay anyone who was not even alive back then.....Period.

Slavery is a Sad time in our nations History but I don;t believe there any slaves even alive today nor is anyone alive today responsible for those atrocities

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/o/Huntley-Brown-Obama.htm

This Election is the most important Election in our Life time, for the sake of ALL Americans of All colors, choose wisely on Nov 4th, 2008!

election life sake americans colors choose wisely nov 4th 2008

• JP 2009/09/09 21:06:10
    JP
  • tyger 2008/12/28 01:16:58
    Obama will improve race relations!
    tyger
    IGNORANCE will set race relations back decades
  • Comrade Sean 2008/11/21 19:39:42
    Obama will improve race relations!
    Comrade Sean
    This poll might set race relations back , though.
  • WANOSK54 2008/11/12 07:48:18
    Obama will improve race relations!
    WANOSK54
    I'm tired of arguing this point.
  • Brutus D. is Tea'd Off! 2008/11/10 01:33:58
    Brutus D. is Tea'd Off!
    Reparations anyone?
  • sunnietubas 2008/11/08 02:19:47
    sunnietubas
    He'll do both. This is because whenever theres any progress, whether it be in the womens movement, or with minorities, there is always backlash. We saw it with this Rev. Wright incident. I'm white, but I honestly didn't feel what he said was that racist. I think it was designed to wake people up to fight against oppression. I don't think the reverend thinks that America should be "damned," but that his people need to wake up and see whats going on around us. There is so much injustice in their lives. This is exactly what Obama was trying to say, though in not as harsh a way, but it is not his central argument. His central argument is when we don't work together, when we are divisive, we all suffer. Rev. Wright was angry, though... angry he was taken out of context, angry that what he meant wasn't heard and he lashed out, spouting things even more radical. These can not be taken seriously, but the injustices in America should be.
  • MADGAL09 2008/11/07 22:34:05
    MADGAL09
    +1
    i swear he is white to he be considered mixed breed undecided swear white mixed breed
  • Smarty 2008/11/05 08:12:13 (edited)
    Obama will improve race relations!
    Smarty
    I hope, He is Half white American and Kenyan black.
  • American Woman 2008/11/04 03:07:07
    American Woman
    You’ll find that this will happen with Barack Obama. Every time he makes a fool of himself in front of a foreign leader, whites will be called racists for pointing it out. Every time his wife is heard to confirm how much she hates this country, it will be the fault of whites for asking her why she is so filled with hate. With every legislative failure and internal scandal, whites will be attacked as being mean to Barack.
    It will get very tiresome. It will get so tiresome that whites who would never have a racist thought in their minds will begin to have unkind thoughts of Barack’s racemongering supporters. And this will be reflected upon every black person in the country. Blacks will have their hate-whitey feelings further entrenched (just as they did during the O.J. trial) and whites will find frustration with the foolish, blind support of a president that is obviously a failure. And for those who truly are racists, the debacle of an Obama presidency will give them the excuse to say that they have proof that blacks are not up to the pressures of being president.
    After the last days of a Barack Obama presidency, we will see race relations taking a giant step backward. For those who think that an Obama presidency might be helpful for race relations in America; it isn’t going to happen. Sadly, just the opposite will occur.
    A President Barack Obama will nearly ruin race relations in America.
  • Chris - The Rowdy One! #187 2008/11/03 23:02:35
  • La Bef 2008/11/03 13:26:17
    La Bef
    +1
    He does not need to get elected. Relations are already set back :(
  • Scumbag Obama 2008/11/03 05:42:54
    Scumbag Obama
    +1
    just go to this website and see for yourselves
    http://www.stormfront.org/forum/
  • Faith ~American Patriot~ 2008/10/28 07:29:37
    Faith ~American Patriot~
    +1
    I think he already has...
  • wellnessgirl 2008/10/18 17:07:33
    wellnessgirl
    +1
    Look at the racism occurring in the run for office. It will be like it was decades ago. Because he will create a racist mindset. Look at the racist friends he has. The people he has built his career with and under their influence are HATERS. Haters of America, Haters of anyone not like them. Jessie Jackson has even come out against Obama. It is pretty bad if you are a black man and Jessie won't support you. Your values must be greatly skewed in a negative direction. I commend Jessie for putting his color aside and standing by his principles and beliefs above everything else.
  • sunniet... wellnes... 2008/11/08 02:30:46 (edited)
    sunnietubas
    Jessie Jackson did not put race aside. And I'm sure he voted for him in the voting booth. But he refused to support Obama because Obama refused to play the race card. He felt that by saying that more black dads than white dads aren't at home, Obama was somehow betraying their race. What Obama was doing was opening a frank discussion about race relations that this country needs to have. This will improve race relations in the long run, but in the short run may have some terrible consequences.
  • CitiXen - 2008/10/17 22:17:04
    CitiXen -
    The belief that so-called race relations have progressed is nonsense. Decades later there is self-segregation and the hypocrisy known as political correctness.
  • SnaekySnap 2008/10/17 07:30:06
    SnaekySnap
    +1
    Obama's candidacy has done nothing but prove what has been said for the longest. Racism is still alive and well in America... it's just been covert. The idea of a Black becoming president has brought it out in the open. Code words such as terrorist, Arab, Muslim etc. etc. is nothing more than a substitute for the 'N' word. They know they can't say that out loud so the code words but the meaning is there... racism and bigotry.
  • Ginnypoo 2008/10/17 05:50:32
    Ginnypoo
    +1
    He already has.......
  • crazyazzmonkey 2008/10/16 21:37:33
    Obama will improve race relations!
    crazyazzmonkey
    +2
    It won't be Obama setting any race back, it'll be the ignorant, racist, hate marauders of this nation!
  • Elektra crazyaz... 2008/10/17 02:41:25 (edited)
    Elektra
    +2
    Since OBAMA IS THE NEW BLACK calls people names and then blocks them, I will respond here.

You are the most racist person I have encountered on SH. It is obvious from your profile you are OBSESSED with finding racism under every rock...you really talk of nothing else. Your questions about the racial slurs whitey and cracker are clearly disingenuous, regardless of how much you attempt to couch them in pseudo-civility.

I could b*tch and moan just as much about sexism...which is even hypocritically perpetrated in some music videos by male minorities who refer to people of my GENDER as b*tches and hos. The fact is black males received the right to vote in our country FIFTY YEARS prior to women BLACK and WHITE. A penis is still a prerequisite for many endeavours in our society...no matter what color it is.

You seem like you might be clueless about this , but as an FYI...name calling is the surest proof of an abject and thorough poverty of vocabulary. I hope you spend more time formulating respectful and mature means of communication and choosing not to view every single person and encounter through a warped lens and world view...the saddest result of an angry and closed mind.

encounter warped lens world view saddest result angry closed mind
  • crazyaz... Elektra 2008/10/17 12:37:13
    crazyazzmonkey
    +1
    Good point
  • America... Elektra 2008/11/04 02:46:15
    American Woman
    Great response Elektra......
    Photobucket
  • Blistful 2008/10/16 21:21:16
    Blistful
    +1
    Has the Racial Issue really been Resolved? Are you saying that it sat Dormant until now? There is no time for unhealthy Bias to spread around in this World. We are in a real Fight for our very Lives. Focus on repairing relationships, not Tearing them Apart....
  • xX~jdragon~Xx[okami_xinteng] 2008/10/16 19:27:11
    xX~jdragon~Xx[okami_xinteng]
    i just think hes dumb
    and ur question is to long to much scrolling
  • Ice xX~jdra... 2008/10/16 19:42:06
    Ice
    +3
    I think that is the problem with America today, they don't want to "Scroll" or read the information, they are satisfied with a sound bite off of liberal Media telling them a certain candidate is good and then like good little liberal media puppets they trot off to the polls and cast their votes for whoever the liberal media told them to vote for.

Perhaps in this election people should stop and take the time to slow the scroll and do some real research on the candidates voting records,Associations both past and present.

• xX~jdra... Ice 2008/10/17 17:42:01
    xX~jdragon~Xx[okami_xinteng]
    thats different but its just a question , a long one...
  • No nonsense NanC...don't BS... 2008/10/16 19:16:58
    No nonsense NanC...don't BS me!
    +1
    I think his campaign has already done that. Based upon M0's statement, "elect my husband and the racial divide in this country will be healed" followed up by an article posted on Huff Post yesterday by Alec Baldwin, stating that race relations will transcend and the country will be healed. I think people like me who have always judged people by their character instead of the color of their skin or their religion, are offended by these statements. To pick a POTUS who is clearly unqualified and inexperienced just because he is 1/2 black and says he will heal the country of its racial division, will make those tensions worse.
  • stoicozz 2008/10/16 18:39:29
    stoicozz
    +1
    David Duke left the KKK prior to running for office but nobody forgave him for associating with morons his entire life . Obamas past relationships are the one thing that scare the heck out of me and are one of the reasons i wouldnt even consider him until recently . I really witsh he would explain himself and his past relations a bit better . The fact that he doesnt do so scares me more . i have gone back and forth with this election as much as i did the 1992 election when i didnt know who i was going to vote for until i got to the polls . right now because of the economy and the republicans indifference to the middle class Im leaning towards obama . I'm a registered republican but definitely middle of the road with my views . In 1992 "One" strange thought went through my head because of George seniors Supreme court picks . " If I ever have a daughter would I want her to have more rights than my dog?" . I voted for Clinton and he made most guns illegal , let the military fall apart (equipment wise) , And infringed on more private rights . The patriot act makes that look like nothing now . i dont know if we can trust anyone now . i want a candidate to tell us we will be getting some of our rights back but thats not going to happen .
  • Twisted Victor 2008/10/16 17:30:15
    Obama will improve race relations!
    Twisted Victor
    Obama will be the only candidate in history who could repeal affirmative action!
  • O-America 2008/10/16 17:23:27
    Obama will improve race relations!
    O-America
    +3
    OBAMA WILL IMPROVE RACE RELATIONS!
    ALL AROUND THE WORLD!
    WE ARE READY!
    FIRED UP!
    READY TO GO!
    YES WE CAN!
    FIGHT BACK!
    VOTE BARACK!

improve race relations world ready fired ready fight vote barack
  • No nons... O-America 2008/10/16 19:20:36
    No nonsense NanC...don't BS me!
    Fortunately only Americans can elect a POTUS, but it seems that all kinds of foreigners can donate huge sums of money to influence our electorate. Obama out spent Hillary 5 to 1 and is now doing the same in the GE to McCain.
  • I am WOMAN hear me ROAR! 2008/10/16 16:30:07
    I am WOMAN hear me ROAR!
    +1
    It's not the Obamas of this world who will set Race Relations back decades! It's not the Obamas of this world who have divided our country … It’s the bigots, like you, spreading your hatred and racist beliefs. It’s people like you who seek to destroy our way of life and the freedoms of every American. It’s people like you who lack the intelligence to understand, every man, women and child deserves to be treated equally. It’s people like you who have forgotten the core of our nation was built on these words: “We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.” I pity you and your small minded beliefs.
  • Ice I am WO... 2008/10/16 16:45:11 (edited)
    Ice
    +3
    "that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.”

Tell that to JOE THE PLUMBER! Obama wants no Happiness in America.....and you have to ask yourself WHY Obama and his FAMILY attended a Racist Church for over 20 YEARS! Even OPRAH could not stand it and decided not to attend it anymore!

It speaks to Obama's Values and beliefs as he attended for over 20 years and only separated from that church because he is running for president, as with most of his suspect relationships/Actions.......

You can pretend and label people "bigots" and ignore the information posted above....but it is not going away......those are Obama's Friends and confidants and they are RACIST.........
  • No nons... I am WO... 2008/10/16 19:24:54
    No nonsense NanC...don't BS me!
    "It’s people like you who lack the intelligence to understand, every man, women and child deserves to be treated equally."

I have treated people equally all my life, but that doesn't mean giving them preferential treatment just because they are black and say they will heal this country's racial divide.

BTW, I believe in affirmative action, and supported my Alma mater in their affirmative action case in the Supreme Court.
  • wgossett99 2008/10/16 16:15:11
    Obama will improve race relations!
    wgossett99
    Stupid poll
  • Gino™ 2008/10/16 15:52:33
    Gino™
    I don't know why it would set race relations back....

OBAMA HASN'T BEEN A BLACK MAN HIS WHOLE LIFE....

Why start now?
  • Chocolat-In the universe I ... 2008/10/16 15:46:04
    Chocolat-In the universe I trust.
    You are inciting hatred and racism yet you ask if Obama will set race relations back.................Unbeliev... you are unable to see your own bias.
  • Ice Chocola... 2008/10/16 15:52:30 (edited)
    Ice
    +4
    So you dont think Jesse Jackson,Louis Farakhan,Al Sharpton incite hatred in this country? They Make MONEY Off of it.........I have just connected the dots back to Obama.....Obama's Loyalties lay with all of the above.......he and his friends will set Race Rations back decades in this country and it has nothing to do with me.......I don't have that sort of power.

The Only Power I wield is the power of my vote....although it probably wont count because Obama's ACORN friends who he paid over $800,000.00 have registered 1000's of fraudulent fictitious people across this nation and in battle ground states where I live, so my vote will probably be canceled out by a dead guy or mickey mouse.............Our nation is in big trouble if Obama gets elected and setting Race Relations back decades is just one of them.......
  • O-America Ice 2008/10/16 17:37:16
    O-America
    YOU ARE STUPID! AND THEN YOU TAKE UP SO MUCH SPACE!
    McCain is EXPERIENCED … IN MACHEVELIAN STRATEGIES!

OVER 250K EARNERS or ENTREPRENEUR GET TO KEEP 93% OF INCOME!

Here CAIN Goes Again;
    From “Joe Six-Pack”, “Walmart Mom” and “Hockey Mom” to “JOE THE PLUMBER”

Cain is twisting the Truth…Willing to LIE about a
    TAX PLAN THAT HELPS THOSE WHO MAKE UNDER 250K(90 – 95%)!
    AND SLIGHTLY INCREASES THE TAXES(3%) ON THOSE WHO MAKES OVER 250K TO ABOUT 7%.
    THIS MEANS THAT:

THE OVER 250K EARNERS or ENTREPRENEUR GET TO KEEP 93% OF INCOME!

CAIN PLANS to GIVE TAX BREAKS TO THE SUPER RICH AND CORPORATIONS!
    PEOPLE, CAIN IS MARRIED TO ANHEISER-BUSCH FAMILY!
    ANHEISER-BUSCH FAMILY IS WORTH MILLIONS AT LEAST.
    ANHEISER-BUSCH FAMILY IS TOP ON THE LIST OF FINANCING THE DEBATE(S)!
    McCain is EXPERIENCED in TRICKS OF HIS TRADE –
    IT SERVES HIS AGENDA TO PROTECT THE FINANCIAL STATUS QUO AND HIS WIFE’S FAMILY FORTUNE!
    EVEN IF IT ONLY MEANS 3% MORE TAX ON THEM.

GET THE WORD OUT TO THOSE WHO DO NOT HAVE THE TIME TO GET THIS INFORMATION!
    MANY DO NOT HAVE TIME, ACCESS AND/OR EMPOWERMENT TO QUESTION CAIN’S CLAIMS OR MOTIVES.

Personal Note: While McCain attacked on AYERS, Obama did not counter-attack KEATING 5.
    Obama is who we need, NOT McCAIN’S EMPLOY MACHEVELIAN STRATEGIES!

http://www.youtube...

Here CAIN Goes Again;

THIS MEANS THAT:

• No nons... O-America 2008/10/16 19:27:01
    No nonsense NanC...don't BS me!
    You are shouting!

2014/07/23 08:03:54