Iceland Bans Strip Clubs: Should Strip Clubs Be Banned Everywhere?

Lana 2010/03/26 23:00:20
Yes, this law should replicated in other countries. Strip clubs should be banned.
No, strip clubs should not be banned. it is a buisness and does not pose a threat to anyone.
I think strip clubs....
Iceland has just passed a law that prohibits any business from making a profit on the nudity of its employees.
The country is quickly becoming an example on how to rid a nation of the sex industry. The law was passed with no objection and will quickly eradicate any strip clubs holding on within the country (can't be that many with a 320,000 population).
Stip club owners are, not surprisingly, furious about the decision and plan on protesting it. The law could spell death for the sex industry in Iceland. But is this an example that other countries should follow? Should strip clubs be banned everywhere?

Read More: http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2010/mar/25...

• comptech - Quit whining please 2010/03/28 04:23:27
    No, strip clubs should not be banned. it is a buisness and does not pose a th...
    comptech - Quit whining please
    +16
    I actually view "nude dancing" as artistic expression. I used to go to strip clubs and the dancers where actually very good, despite the nudity.

I actually took a couple of the women out and had really good conversations with them, they where intelligent and bright and knew exactly what they wanted out of life.

I don't view the women as "victims" as much as "opportunists", seizing an opportunity to make a lot of money in a short period of time, the guys who visit are also willing participants and are not forced to spend their money there.

Note: I know there are many "sad" stories that can be told about women in that profession, but, I ask you to pick out a single profession where women are immune to those issues.

• KittyC Chuck 2010/03/30 09:08:34 (edited)
    KittyC
    That's very true.
    If you do something for long enough you get over-confident in your abilities, which ultimately leads to you slipping up.
    That's why you constantly have to keep pushing yourself to try to do what you're doing differently; without crossing the thin line that separates what you are doing from something far less respectable.

Yes, Insurance companies work on statistics rather than actual facts.
    It may not be illegal, but it's at the very least immoral.
    Not to mention unfair to the customers.
    This is the reason I tend to switch insurance companies on a regular basis, and I try not to have all my eggs in one basket.
    No one single insurance company handles all my insurance needs.
    I don't allow them to.

And, yes, you're right; sometimes a guy will get the wrong idea and will wind up honestly believing that he can have the girl at the end of the night.
    But see, that's what bouncers and managers are for. ;)
    If it's a half way decent club, they tend to clear up misunderstandings like this in a snap.
    It's been my experience that the club's bouncers also tend to walk the girls to their cars at the end of the night, just to make sure that they get away from the club without being harassed.
    Why would they do that, you ask?
    The girls are are the club's main attraction.
    They are the reason t...

That's very true.

Not to mention unfair to the customers.
    I don't allow them to.

Why would they do that, you ask?
    They are the reason the customers keep coming back.
    If the girls get mistreated or wind up getting attacked in the parking lot, the club not only loses a source of income, but also gets a bad rep.
    No one wants to be watching a girl do a sexy sway against a pole and seeing a big black bruise on her hip when her skirt falls to the floor.
    Reputation is EVERYTHING in this business.
    So it's in the club's best interest that their girls are safe and happy. :)
  • RLars21 2010/03/29 09:28:42
    RLars21
    +2
    they're adults. If they choose to strip than it's THEIR business, if people choose to pay then it's THEIR business. If you don't want to see it than don't go.
    I think strip clubs....
    I dunno about banning them, but really, what useful purpose do they serve??
  • Velanarris Lady Wh... 2010/03/29 11:48:12
    Velanarris
    Some people enjoy the stress and sexual tension relief.
  • Nick Lady Wh... 2010/03/29 12:19:05
    Nick
    +1
    They have funded many a college girl's ambitions...
  • wombat Lady Wh... 2010/03/29 12:57:35
    wombat
    Give income to completely unskilled ppl.
  • TabbyCat wombat 2010/03/29 13:59:09
    TabbyCat
    +1
    If dancing in the nude is unskilled... then dancing with clothes on is unskilled also. ;)
  • wombat TabbyCat 2010/03/29 18:43:05
    wombat
    Yes but I think that no one really noticed that yet.
  • Jorge Lady Wh... 2010/03/29 15:25:10
    Jorge
    What could it possible matter whether YOU find a purpose or not??? Obviously everyone working at a strip club and everyone who visits them find it very useful.
  • Treecat47 2010/03/29 08:55:40
    Treecat47
    +1
    Let them have their fun. As long as it's "clean" and no-one is harmed I don't see why it is an issue.

Banning these things just drives them underground anyway.
  • stahlnacht 2010/03/29 08:38:12
    stahlnacht
    +2
    It's a job. It's harming no one.
    I really don't see anything bad about it...unless the women are being forced to do it.
  • burf 2010/03/29 08:06:28
    burf
    HELL NO!
  • Just for thought 2010/03/29 06:38:35 (edited)
    Just for thought
    If we don't pay for novelty entertainment then is this what you want? Is this what people want for free? Didn't think so... pay novelty entertainment people free pay novelty entertainment people free
  • Scud 2010/03/29 06:25:29
    Scud
    +1
    I don't think there's anything wrong with it.
    Two of my friends are strippers, one came second in a national pole dancing competion.

They make good money, really good money.
  • Emily MCRmy [FTDM!!!!] 2010/03/29 05:47:16
    Emily MCRmy [FTDM!!!!]
    +1
    It's not harming anyone.
  • Luckydog38 Emily M... 2010/03/29 14:28:23 (edited)
    Luckydog38
    I am not for making it illegal but it definately harms those who participate. If you check into the science of what this does to a persons psyche it is never a pretty picture.
  • Emily M... Luckydog38 2010/03/29 19:13:47
    Emily MCRmy [FTDM!!!!]
    +1
    It is their choice, though. No one is forcing them to strip.
  • Luckydog38 Emily M... 2010/03/29 19:23:51 (edited)
    Luckydog38
    I agree on that one. It boils down to dealing with self esteem early with parenting. Not having the government clean up the mess later with laws.
  • Death Faerie 2010/03/29 05:05:50
    Death Faerie
  • Discoman 2010/03/29 04:52:42 (edited)
    Discoman
    +2
    It's a job, like most others. It's an industry, that makes a LOT of money. If you don't approve, don't go to one. simple as that.
  • LeifEriksson 2010/03/29 04:48:07
    Yes, this law should replicated in other countries. Strip clubs should be ban...
    LeifEriksson
    +1
    Yes. It is sinful.

Watch your wife dance naked in front of you. No one else.
  • stahlnacht LeifEri... 2010/03/29 08:38:53
    stahlnacht
    Should nude beaches also be banned?
  • LeifEri... stahlnacht 2010/03/29 18:12:17
    LeifEriksson
    Yep.
  • stahlnacht LeifEri... 2010/03/29 20:24:00
    stahlnacht
    "If it's not forced upon others, no problem."
    Nude beaches...the people that go there are not forced, so why should they be banned?
  • LeifEri... stahlnacht 2010/03/29 20:27:59
    LeifEriksson
    What about the people that should be able to use those beaches, and shouldn't have to see nude people there?
  • stahlnacht LeifEri... 2010/03/29 20:33:10
    stahlnacht
    The way I see it, there are many beaches all over the world. Using a certain beach is a choice. A nude beach is a nude beach, you ban nude beaches, then the exhibitionists or those people that go to nude beaches will just go to other beaches and be nude there.

and the only reason you see thing as bad is because Adam and Eve ate those apples.
  • LeifEri... stahlnacht 2010/03/30 03:39:05
    LeifEriksson
    Non-nudists don't impose upon nudists. Nudists should go to whatever beach is left.

Your last statement is a bit incoherent....
  • stahlnacht LeifEri... 2010/03/30 06:35:24
    stahlnacht
    If Adam and Eve didn't eat those apples, we wouldn't having this conversation.
    Nudists have their own beaches, and you want them banned.
  • LeifEri... stahlnacht 2010/03/30 21:20:43
    LeifEriksson
    Quite right. If nudity wasn't wrong, God wouldn't have made them cover up with sheepskins.
  • stahlnacht LeifEri... 2010/03/31 06:34:07
    stahlnacht
    He didn't make them do that, they did that on their own.
    The concept of right and wrong came from those apples, before that they could've been screwing around with an elephant and god wouldn't have given a flying f*** about it.
  • stahlnacht stahlnacht 2010/03/31 06:34:49
    stahlnacht
    Good and bad is based on perception, which is why I disagree with most of the things you say LeifEriksson.
  • LeifEri... stahlnacht 2010/03/31 07:35:03
    LeifEriksson
    Perhaps, but nudity is wrong. Have you met anyone who doesn't have the knowledge of good and evil in them, from the "apple?"
  • stahlnacht LeifEri... 2010/03/31 07:42:02
    stahlnacht
    There's this guy I've seen walking around in the nude, most people don't really pay him any mind.
  • LeifEri... stahlnacht 2010/03/31 08:00:03
    LeifEriksson
    That doesn't mean he's not accountable for his actions.
  • stahlnacht LeifEri... 2010/03/31 08:04:17
    stahlnacht
    Who really cares? He's still there, no one complains about him, I don't think he's even been arrested for indecent exposure.
  • stahlnacht LeifEri... 2010/03/31 07:42:43
    stahlnacht
    Oh, and nudity being wrong, communal baths.
    Also, I've learned to respect your opinion, even if I can't accept it.
    >_<
  • LeifEri... stahlnacht 2010/03/31 08:00:18
    LeifEriksson
    Which is also wrong. lol
  • BRADY969 LeifEri... 2010/03/29 09:05:04
    BRADY969
    +1
    What about naked art work?
  • LeifEri... BRADY969 2010/03/29 18:12:38
    LeifEriksson
    If it's not forced upon others, no problem.
  • BRADY969 LeifEri... 2010/03/29 18:48:53
    BRADY969
    +1
    how are strip clubs forced upon other?

2014/12/21 22:23:07