I want to share something about politics with my fellow SodaHeads:

Jack's Pearl 2013/02/03 15:11:58
Yes, I will stay clear of the negativity. Who needs it?
No, I like to battle the negative ninnies. I think I am being productive in doing so.
I just want to say that I do not defend anyone on the hill. I may have voted for Obama because in my mind he was the best of two bad choices. I fully respect others who voted differently. We all do what we think is best.

When I argue on here with others it's usually over this blame that group or this group for everything. I can't stand that kind of nonsense and I really wish it would just stop. That mentality tears us apart and it is wrong. We need to confront the issues without the need to blame. The blame game is counterproductive, as is the bullying that goes on. I will always fight against that on here. You will never get me or many others on your side by being a political bully. You will never change anything with that attitude. Change comes from working out the problems together. I know there are things we may never come together on, but there is much we can. It's imperative we start with healthy conversations on all of this.

I as you all to stop the blame game. To stop lumping people into groups and then belittling them. To move on from conversation that have headed south. Don't do it. It's a waste of your time and of others. The good stuff get's buried at times by the crap! Don't get buried in this BS. Talk to people who are intelligent and have their emotions in check. Who have self control even over hot topics. Don't put up with anyone else. It's counter productive.

• ☆astac☆~PWCM 2013/02/03 16:17:48
    ☆astac☆~PWCM
    +19
    Now this is interesting. So instead of allowing people to show how obama and the democrats, and those who voted for them are screwing the country, you want the other side to be quiet.

Well lets see what you have done.
    Your side voted for a person who said you have to pass the bill to find out what is in it. Now who in the world would vote for such an idiot like that. Yet you guys on the left put her back in office. So how are we supposed to treat you guys when you vote and support a person that says you have to pass the bill to find out what is in it.

Then we look at your support of people like hillary, who in the last 4 years has done more harm against America, than any other previous SOS. Of course she was only implementing obama's agenda, still we have Iran even closer to getting a nuke, you have North Korea laughing at us, you have Russia ignoring us, and obama and hillary helped the radical muslims topple secular prowest governments in North Africa. So when you support that, what do you expect us to treat you like.

When you ignore issues like Fast and Furious, and the Benghazi debacle, when you support obamacare that is just destroying our health care system, and raising our costs, and when you ignore the spending that is going on, how do you really want us t...

Well lets see what you have done.

When you ignore issues like Fast and Furious, and the Benghazi debacle, when you support obamacare that is just destroying our health care system, and raising our costs, and when you ignore the spending that is going on, how do you really want us to look at you guys.

To be honest, I want a peaceful divorce, your liberals can split and form a new country.
    But that does not seem possible, so you leave us no choice but to fight back against you guys.

• Will Advocate of PHAET 2013/02/08 21:26:21
    Will Advocate of  PHAET
    +2
    It's not really that hard to talk about an issue and possible solutions without ever bringing up a party or group of people. All you have to do is state your idea and talk about it. Maybe even listen to other people's ideas. But I guess that takes all the fun out of it for some people.
  • sneekyfoot 2013/02/06 21:32:51
    sneekyfoot
    +1
    we all have our opinions thats life
  • Lulu's Mom 2013/02/05 18:57:20
    Lulu's Mom
    +1
    I don't have a problem with different opinions either. But I have zero tolerance for rudeness and from now on I will block any and all trolls, stalkers and nut jobs no matter if they talk to me or not. If I see them stalking or being rude to any of my friends.....BAM they are blocked!
  • Jack's ... Lulu's Mom 2013/02/05 20:05:59
    Jack's Pearl
    +2
    That is a great way to shut them the hell up! LOL At least to you. SH will be more peaceful. LOL
  • Lulu's Mom Jack's ... 2013/02/05 20:10:15
    Lulu's Mom
    +1
    I am working on it.
  • TidBit 2013/02/04 21:44:15
    TidBit
    +3
    everybody has a right to their own opinions, choices and beliefs. However, the choices you make (involving the fate of a nation) should be an INFORMED one. By not making an INFORMED decision about something as important as an election, you do yourself and the rest of the country a great disservice (especially voting in a candidate for a second term who made a bad situation worse, AND who thinks the American people have no right to know even the most basic information about the man who resides in our white house and determines our country's fate).
  • Jack's ... TidBit 2013/02/05 01:33:15
    Jack's Pearl
    +2
    Certainly, but this was about not treating others like garbage, no matter how they come to their decisions. Keeping personal insults out of the equation.
  • Maynard 2013/02/04 12:47:00
    Maynard
    +6
    I stay positive.

At times I see PURE HATRED aimed at the right, I answer accordingly.

DO YOU SUGGEST I SHUT THE FUN UP WHEN CONFRONTED BY THE HATE?

I agree with your assesment, it sounds great.

Just like the Gun debate, take the guns away from the criminals, then we can talk.

TAKE THE HATE FROM THE LEFT, then we can talk.
  • Jack's ... Maynard 2013/02/05 01:34:35
    Jack's Pearl
    +2
    I'm not suggesting to shut up, although walking away from an ugly minded person is good for you. But if you must stay in the conversation stay sane! Personal insults never do anything period. I'm suggesting taking hate from everyone.
  • Maynard Jack's ... 2013/02/05 12:32:38
    Maynard
    +2
    No insults from me, no clue what you are talking about.
  • Jack's ... Maynard 2013/02/05 12:37:02
    Jack's Pearl
    +2
    "Take the hate from the left, then we can talk," is rude and unfair considering both sides are equally involved in hate. This is all I'm getting to. Let the hate stop with you, even if some angry person shoves some your way. Don't contribute. Why be a contributor? That's what this thread is all about.
  • Maynard Jack's ... 2013/02/05 13:11:40
    Maynard
    +2
    Stop with ME?

This morning I was called an A-HOLE, along with all Conservatives.

GO SHUT THEM UP.

Take the hate from the HATEFUL LEFTIES, then we can talk.

YOU ARE THE HATER for taking offense to my posts that ARE NOT hateful like YOU.

PLEASE GO AWAY with you anger and hate.
  • Jack's ... Maynard 2013/02/05 14:01:08 (edited)
    Jack's Pearl
    +3
    I'm not taking offense. I'm simply discussing my point behind my thread here. I posted this so therefore I will explain it when asked. When my idea is challenged I will respectfully address it. Sorry you have a problem with that. And I am not angry or hateful. You seem very much so though for some reason... I have no idea why. Just trying to talk about the point of this thread. I will leave you alone from here on out on this thread. Good day.
  • Jack's ... Maynard 2013/02/05 18:53:58
    Jack's Pearl
    +1
    Oh, and I'm sorry someone attacked you from the left today. That is exactly what I disagree with and refuse to get into myself, and I don't care who throws the hate. I'm not taking any sides, except the side of taking the "high road." I don't blame you for being angry at rude people either. Not one bit. But if we just keep up with throwing punches where does it stop? That's what I meant by if it comes your way make it stop with you. :) That was no sort of insult towards you. I'm sorry if you took it that way. Sincerely.
  • Maynard Jack's ... 2013/02/06 13:00:36
    Maynard
    +2
    No insult, just great words, Thanks very much.
  • ivegotloveinmypants 2013/02/04 12:09:35 (edited)
    ivegotloveinmypants
    +1
    Obviusly. But I do like to give an alternate opinion, and hope that some of the most narrow-minded people on here may be persuaded to consider it. That is not necessarily battling the ninnies.
  • MichaelJ 2013/02/04 11:58:34
    MichaelJ
    +5
    Pearl, I just hope that you aren't confusing negitivity with truth. I respect your right to have voted for the President even though I do find it impossible to imagine the reasoning behind the decision.
    There were so many reasons, in my opinion to not have voted for the President the first time, to have actually have voted for him after his first term is to me simply mind boggling.

In any case, the MOST important thing to do TODAY is have a GREAT ONE!
  • shenendoah 2013/02/04 11:05:06
    No, I like to battle the negative ninnies. I think I am being productive in d...
    shenendoah
    +3
    To my way of thinking(don't try this at home, liberals)you simply want conservatives to start making nice with no account liberals. I'm no hypocrite and that very act would make me one.
  • Jack's ... shenendoah 2013/02/04 12:51:01
    Jack's Pearl
    +3
    That's not it at all. I'm simply saying to argue your points without the need to personally attack.
  • shenendoah Jack's ... 2013/02/04 18:30:44
    shenendoah
    +3
    No matter how reasonably you approach a liberal the only word they identify with is 'idiot'. They are not interested in the truth.
  • Jack's ... shenendoah 2013/02/05 01:35:49
    Jack's Pearl
    +2
    You are incorrect. Differing opinion does not equal falsehood on someone else.
  • shenendoah Jack's ... 2013/02/05 18:46:11
    shenendoah
    +2
    Right back at you, liberal.
  • Jack's ... shenendoah 2013/02/05 18:54:38
    Jack's Pearl
    +1
    I'm not a liberal, but that is fair. Right back at me! :)
  • Melizmatic Jack's ... 2013/02/08 21:30:53 (edited)
    Melizmatic
    +1
    What a shining example of being reasonable!

Good on ya for trying, Pearl; but those who most need to hear your well intended message are willfully "deaf."
  • Jack's ... Melizmatic 2013/02/08 23:49:50
    Jack's Pearl
    +1
    Thank you!

If people are honest with themselves they can realize where they can improve. It can be hard but in the end very rewarding, because people can change. And that is very powerful.
  • Melizmatic Jack's ... 2013/02/08 23:50:46
    Melizmatic
    +1
    That's the problem; many people all too often see themselves through 'rose-colored glasses.'
  • Greg Saunders 2013/02/04 10:46:41
    Greg Saunders
    +2
    I don't shy from negativity but without the choice to vote as I like...

You make some good points but as you can see from some of the answers most don't get it. America is getting more polarized by the year but the cause needs to be attacked not the symptoms. The symptoms are natural and just can't be stifled or wished away.

The cause should draw you together as your real enemy benefits from your divide, whether it's to eventually rule with an iron fist or just handy to consume your energy and off the ball while they busy themselves making money and growing power is really a non-issue.

Spend a while in N.Irish politics and you'll see hate like no other because of history, economics, politics, whatever it leads to hateful people taking it to the extreme of killing each other and the moderates then get dragged in with no turning back until they see where it leaves them.

The best way to defeat extremism is by education that considers both sides, unfortunately activists have a habit of proving to themselves what they believe and will go to some lengths to find it, which they always will. At least for the first time in history we have a generation that won't be allowed to gather their own material which suits themselves. The extremist has to justify his beliefs and has to be f...

The best way to defeat extremism is by education that considers both sides, unfortunately activists have a habit of proving to themselves what they believe and will go to some lengths to find it, which they always will. At least for the first time in history we have a generation that won't be allowed to gather their own material which suits themselves. The extremist has to justify his beliefs and has to be forced to reason otherwise he just looks a fool and plain wrong. It's a long road but if some never make it they get sidelined and made irrelevant.

No one in N.Ireland is happy with the peace agreement and there are plenty of sour grapes because the fighters had their fight taken from them and no-one won. Moderates are the real defence against extremism, extremists are handy when moderation doesn't work as with the American Revolution but until that stage is reached we all need to engage to keep the broad truth in the conversation.

If we ignore the extremist today he will simmer until he finds the right time or events to blow of his built up steam and he will be an ugly beast then. At least at the minute the stones only hurt pride.
  • bobdole 2013/02/04 10:04:28
    bobdole
    +2
    WOW, it boggles the mind how many people clearly missed the point of what you wrote and chose to place blame anyways....
  • Jack's ... bobdole 2013/02/04 12:51:36
    Jack's Pearl
    +2
    I agree. They are just too angry I guess. Not seeing straight.
  • Woof 2013/02/04 09:29:43
    Woof
    +2
    I try but sometimes my fuse is short and I find it amusing. All & all I agree.
  • Roger47 2013/02/04 06:41:15
    Roger47
    +2
    I will not stop battling those who post falsehoods on SH. Some do so deliberately, others out of willful ignorance. They need to be called on it. The top story on SH earlier today was completely misleading, and flat out wrong in most respects, yet it still made it to #1 on SH. Many on the right will fall for anything that makes anyone on the left look bad. No matter how illogical or nonsensical it may be.
    They need to be called on it. And if you confront them with links that show they are wrong but they keep insisting their lies are true, they deserve what they get in response.
    (No, Janet Napolitano is NOT plotting to take away the power of the nation's sheriffs to arrest people, and that is a power that Sheriffs in Delaware have not had, historically.Beau Biden did not take it away from them, they never had it.)
  • Jack's ... Roger47 2013/02/04 12:52:10
    Jack's Pearl
    +1
    Nothing wrong with confronting arguments. Just do so with out the weak need to personally insult.
  • Wells 2013/02/04 05:30:24
    Wells
    +3
    Wrongful, delusional, slanderous assumptions rightwingers casually make about the leftwing justify a rhetorical slap in the face. Rightwing conspiracy nutjobs are not patriotic.
  • Jack's ... Wells 2013/02/04 12:53:23
    Jack's Pearl
    +3
    This is exactly what polarizes people. You aren't making any good points at all. You are just calling people names. Being insulting. You don't need to do that to try to make people understand your points. But I don't see any good points here at all.
  • Wells Jack's ... 2013/02/04 19:04:23
    Wells
    +1
    I was making a point, whether you see it or not, that those who wrongfully resort to deceit and slander should not be coddled like children. Conspiracy nutjobs may think they're patriotic, but they're acting on false assumptions gathered from media sources whose intent is for worse than unpatriotic outcomes. Sorry, but you too must practice what you preach.
  • Jack's ... Wells 2013/02/05 01:36:58
  • Wells Jack's ... 2013/02/05 03:30:38
  • Jack's ... Wells 2013/02/05 12:39:43
  • Wells Jack's ... 2013/02/05 20:04:46
    Wells
    +1
    Well, I disagree. Some cajolling and pushback is necessary with bullies. And bullies is exactly what they are, or are behaving like. Anyway, I agree with the premise of being civil, but some of these insensible brutes need to get their clocks fixed.
  • Jack's ... Wells 2013/02/06 14:45:30
    Jack's Pearl
    It's just not that serious to me on here. I just click away. LOL

2014/12/18 13:28:28