I want my damn Social Security money back!!!

☆The Rock☆ * AFCL* The Sheriff!! 2013/02/21 17:49:35
Yes, I do, give me my money back!!
No, I trust the government!!
I have came to the conclusion that I want all the Social Security money back!! I am sorry but I have no faith in my government to manage my money..I think American should have a choice if they rather invest it or let government manage my money! I am amused that they call it a Social Security Trust Fund..Well, there is no security or do I trust the dumbasses in DC to manage the money!! I want my money back before they squander it on another war or loot it some other way! I want my damn Social Security money back! How about you??

• Jackie G - Poker Playing Pa... 2013/02/21 17:56:35 (edited)
    +9
    Well, your money is gone, poof, no real account, no lock box, no savings account - just a pile of IOU"S in a dusty cobwebbed box. We would all have done better with a pass book savings account at 1% interest and that is lousy. Of course, the democrats tell us that we cannot have any of that money (that they are guarding for us - HA) because we are simply too stupid to invest any part of it for ourselves.

Sorry Rock, you gots no money in there

• honest 2013/07/06 14:36:07
    Yes, I do, give me my money back!!
    honest
    I have been working since i was 15 and am now 40. I understand that my employers have paid an equal share over the years and have a proposition for the goverment. All the years I have worked till now, add it up and return to me half of what I have put in and exempt me from paying in ever again and between that and the net 22 years I have till SS retirement I can do alot better for myself than they can do for me. It is a sad day when the goverment steals from hard working citizens and continue to ask the public to burden their irresponsible choices with our money.
  • sonny.matthews.54 2013/04/20 00:26:28
    Yes, I do, give me my money back!!
    sonny.matthews.54
    +1
    They can balance their accounts with somebody else
  • Joe The Economist 2013/02/26 05:33:16
    Joe The Economist
    +1
    Rock,

Where is the money going to come from? Thin air. The money that you contributed was given to your parents and grandparents. If you want it back, you will have to take it up with them.

Do you know how Ron Paul was going to 'let you out?" It was by increasing your income taxes. When you leave, the system collapses faster. Ron Paul was going to guarantee those 55 and older their pension. That means that it has to come from somewhere....

It comes from higher income taxes on people who thought that they were leaving Social Security.
  • ☆astac☆~PWCM 2013/02/23 15:32:55
    ☆astac☆~PWCM
    +1
    SS taxes were never for you to begin with. SS taxes are just a ponzi scheme.
  • Justin~PWCM~JLA 2013/02/22 18:38:42
    Yes, I do, give me my money back!!
    Justin~PWCM~JLA
    +2
    It's all a big scam anyway you money is spent before it comes out of you check...The only solution is to stop working...Government trust is like an Oxymoron
  • rbeas 2013/02/22 18:08:38
    No, I trust the government!!
    rbeas
    Given the recent events on Wall Street, I would trust Satan himself rather than anyone on Wall Street.
  • ☆astac☆... rbeas 2013/02/23 15:33:28
    ☆astac☆~PWCM
    +2
    Face it, no one trusts you leftists
  • rbeas ☆astac☆... 2013/02/23 16:26:56
    rbeas
    No one? Only trolls dont trust anyone
  • lm1b2 2013/02/22 16:24:21
    Yes, I do, give me my money back!!
    lm1b2
    +2
    With interest the average person has contributed over a Million Dollars to SS by the time they retire,and there is no way he will get it back.Give Me my Money,and i will be able to live the good life! These people in Congress are thieves,they spent My money!
  • Joe The... lm1b2 2013/02/26 05:35:24
    Joe The Economist
    On what basis do you say that the average person has contributed over a million dollars? Where are your figures.

Congress didn't spend your money - it gave it to existing retirees like your parents and grandparents.
  • lm1b2 Joe The... 2013/02/27 22:36:23 (edited)
    lm1b2
    Read it,after paying in 35 years with interest comes to over million dollars.Why do you think Wall Street wants the Government to privatize it?Listen Da they spent it,it went into the general fund,where have you been?
  • Joe The... lm1b2 2013/02/28 00:17:12
    Joe The Economist
    Just to make sure. You have no source for your claim. You use a million because it sounds like a big number. You back-up your first claim with another one that is equally unsupported. "Why do you think Wall Street wants the Government to privatize it". If Wall Street wanted it, the idea would be part of legislation, which it is not. I don't believe that privatization has ever made it into legislation. Bush's plan didn't even make it out of a GOP-controlled committee.

From uninformed opinion you stray into cliche. "it went into the general fund,where have you been?" Social Security revenue goes to existing beneficiaries with very little leftover. What excess cash there is invested in government securities exactly the same securities that private pensions invest in. Yet, no one says that your private pension 'went into the general fund'.
  • lm1b2 Joe The... 2013/03/02 16:21:35
    lm1b2
    The Republicans who by the way represent Corporate America have been trying to privatize SS for years,and Congress has used SS funds for years,are you some kind of idiot or what?
  • Joe The... lm1b2 2013/03/02 23:29:08
    Joe The Economist
    Name a piece of legislation that privatizes Social Security. Bush's plan didn't even make it out of a GOP committee. Ryan's plan didn't even get to committee. He cut it out of his legislation for his Roadmap For America.

Congress hasn't used SS funds ever. In fact, SS hasn't produced any excess funds to use since 2009 - every penny of payroll tax has gone to beneficiaries.

I am not an idiot. I just don't parrot the mindless dribble that comes from DC. I actually read the plans. Do you research anything that you post?
  • lm1b2 Joe The... 2013/03/06 15:26:38
    lm1b2
    They contiuely borrowed against it,where have you been,they used it like it was part of General Fund,your a idiot!
  • Joe The... lm1b2 2013/03/06 18:48:10
    Joe The Economist
    Do you research anything you post?

Social Security hasn't been cashflow positive since 2009. So they haven't borrowed a penny while Obama has been president. so much for 'contiuely'.

When the government borrowed from the fund it was done in the exact same way that government borrows from private pensions. But no one says that the goverment uses their pension as part of the general fund.

you are uninformed repeating nothing but cliche.
  • ed 2013/02/22 15:10:26
    Yes, I do, give me my money back!!
    ed
    +2
    You and me both
  • Grandpa 2013/02/22 15:07:29 (edited)
    Yes, I do, give me my money back!!
    Grandpa
    +1
    It's gone as AL GORE and the Congress pissed it away years ago and it is now BROKE >> Strange when you consider for every one dollar paid out to the elderly on Social Security , The federal goverment sends out 18 dollars in federal pension funds ,but you "NEVER" hear of it going broke ,Must be because that money goes to retired federal officals and they use not only our tax dollars ,but also the money we and our employers entrusted to the goverment to set aside for our retirement >> MONEY "WE" PAID INTO THAT SO CALLED FUND. They spent it on earmarks and PORK to get re elected ,As unlike the president can just start another free welfare program to get re elected >>> The worst part is we believe the bullcrap these offical are feding us to get in office >> They PROMISE the moon and stars ,but what they don't tell you it's "ONLY" for them >> The class of 2010 frist bill was to give themselfs a raise of 3000.00 dollars while cutting the COLA for those on social security >> What happen to the promise to "STOP" obamacare >.2700 pages ,unread bullcrap loaded with increased TAXES hidden in that toilet paper as thats all its good for >> except to raise our copay and insurance rates by 40% MORE LIES and these didn't come from the Whitehouse ,It came from those we chose to represent we the people >>...>>>>>>>>
    It's gone as AL GORE and the Congress pissed it away years ago and it is now BROKE >> Strange when you consider for every one dollar paid out to the elderly on Social Security , The federal goverment sends out 18 dollars in federal pension funds ,but you "NEVER" hear of it going broke ,Must be because that money goes to retired federal officals and they use not only our tax dollars ,but also the money we and our employers entrusted to the goverment to set aside for our retirement >> MONEY "WE" PAID INTO THAT SO CALLED FUND. They spent it on earmarks and PORK to get re elected ,As unlike the president can just start another free welfare program to get re elected >>> The worst part is we believe the bullcrap these offical are feding us to get in office >> They PROMISE the moon and stars ,but what they don't tell you it's "ONLY" for them >> The class of 2010 frist bill was to give themselfs a raise of 3000.00 dollars while cutting the COLA for those on social security >> What happen to the promise to "STOP" obamacare >.2700 pages ,unread bullcrap loaded with increased TAXES hidden in that toilet paper as thats all its good for >> except to raise our copay and insurance rates by 40% MORE LIES and these didn't come from the Whitehouse ,It came from those we chose to represent we the people >> THEY SOLD US OUT ,LIKE obama IS SELL OUT "OUR" KIDS FUTURE >>>> And a MEDIA that goes along >> And a CONGRESS that passes BILLS and LAWS to control us ,But make themselfs excempt >>. Thay's what we VOTED FOR .So who do we blame ??/
  • Joe The... Grandpa 2013/02/26 05:37:33
    Joe The Economist
    +1
    Where is your source for : "Strange when you consider for every one dollar paid out to the elderly on Social Security , The federal goverment sends out 18 dollars in federal pension funds ,but you "NEVER" hear of it going broke "

Last year SS paid out about 800 billion. Assume that half of that went to the elderly, or 400 billion. You suggesting that the federal government sends out 4 trillion every year on pensions. That is more than the entire budget.
  • Grandpa Joe The... 2013/02/26 16:03:17 (edited)
    Grandpa
    iF YOU WRITE YOUR CONGRESSPERSON OR THE GSA ( GOVERMENT ACCOUNTING AGENCY) YOU CAN GET THAT INFORMATION AS THATS WERE I GOT IT >>> SOCIAL SECURITY IS MONEY WE PAID IN AND NOT OUR TAX DOLLARS THAT PAYS FEDERAL PENSIONS
  • Joe The... Grandpa 2013/02/26 17:36:03
    Joe The Economist
    Just to make sure. You don't have a source, and in lieu of admitting that you want to send me on a snipe hunt. Thanks but no.

Social Security isn't money that you paid 'in'. Social Security doesn't hold cash. It distributes it to other beneficiaries. The system has held about a dime out of every dollar.
  • Grandpa Joe The... 2013/02/26 20:02:30
    Grandpa
    Your brain dead >> and I am not your lacky go look it up your self >>> You and your employer may not have paid in for you >. But they sure as hell did for me and the amount was told to me when I start to draw it
  • Joe The... Grandpa 2013/02/26 20:44:47
    Joe The Economist
    There is no way to 'look it up'. The facts are clearly silly. You are claiming that the pension cost more than the entire government. In the face of the absurdity of your statement, you revert to the look it up as though someone else will support the crazy.
  • Grandpa Joe The... 2013/02/26 20:56:55
    Grandpa
    Good BYE
  • projimg 2013/02/22 14:09:29
    Yes, I do, give me my money back!!
    projimg
    +2
    What most people do not know is that this was a volantary system before it became mandatory. Look it up, you will be suprised what you find.
  • Grandpa projimg 2013/02/22 15:09:27
    Grandpa
    +2
    That still doesn't mean the goverment has the right to piss it away
  • projimg Grandpa 2013/02/22 15:24:40
    projimg
    +1
    Your missing the point, if they are pissing it away, than we should be able to pukk out and invest it somehwere else, like ourselves.
  • Grandpa projimg 2013/02/22 15:37:19
    Grandpa
    +1
    Never Happen as they need the money to waste on wefare projects >. And that sir is the point >>> They tried that and it was voted down saying we are not educated enough to invest it as we might lose it >. So what do these officals call what they are doing >> I call it wasting our money
  • projimg Grandpa 2013/02/23 03:25:27
    projimg
    +2
    They all need to go, but we are stuck with two extremes and no common sense. Our forefathers must be spinning in the ground at this point.
  • Grandpa projimg 2013/02/23 15:43:17
    Grandpa
    +1
    What do you expect from lawyers who have spent most of thier lives in college studying how to screw over the people of this country and learn how to KICK the CAN DOWN the ROAD and hope the next offical will resolve the problem ..Look at Benhgazi 4 months and not resolved , F&F and a dead border gauard Not resolved >>. 20 F-16 and 200 tanks to a country in turmoil , Not resolved >>> New sec of state wants MORE MONEY to give to dictators as they fell we don't give enough >>The list of Stupidity is endless as our leader is to busy playing golf >. Like NERO let Rome burn ,so obama lets our country go down the toilet as he is to arogant and self centered to sit his A$$ down and resolve the problem of his out of control spending and WELFARE policies>> Frist thing when voted into office is give themselfs a RAISE as a174,000.00 dollar salary is not enough to live on and party
  • sbtbill projimg 2013/02/22 17:52:52
    sbtbill
    The original proposal was voluntary, however that idea was dropped long before it was passed. It was originally passed as a mandatory system because that is the only way it works.
  • ☆astac☆... sbtbill 2013/02/23 15:34:46
    ☆astac☆~PWCM
    +1
    Wrong, it was intended to be a supplemental program. It was never intended to be a retirement program
  • sbtbill ☆astac☆... 2013/02/23 20:55:46
    sbtbill
    I didn't mention either supplemental or retirement. From what I have read it was an alternative to a much more extensive program proposed by Huey Long. I'd have to say that there were people who wanted it to be a retirement program and other who wanted a supplemental program. As usual Congress passed a compromise that had elements of both. If you study the 30's you will find all kinds of income redistribution plans floating around. Most much more extreme the Social Security.
  • Joe The... projimg 2013/02/26 05:38:57
    Joe The Economist
    Educate us... Where did you look it up? Social Security was never 'voluntary'. Getting an SSN is voluntary, but the taxes associated to Social Security aren't voluntary. Think about it - since when are taxes voluntary?
  • projimg Joe The... 2013/02/26 12:33:22
    projimg
    HISTORY LESSON ON SOCIAL SECURITY!!
    THE TRUE FACTS!
    Just in case some of you young whippersnappers (& some older ones) didn't know this.
    It's easy to check out, if you don't believe it. Be sure and show it to your family
    and friends. They need a little history lesson on what's what and it doesn't matter
    whether you are Democrat or Republican. Facts are Facts.

Social Security Cards up until the 1980s expressly stated the number and
    card were not to be used for identification purposes. Since nearly everyone in the
    United States now has a number, it became convenient to use it anyway and the
    message, NOT FOR IDENTIFICATION, was removed.

Our Social Security
    Franklin Roosevelt, a Democrat, introduced the Social
    Security (FICA) Program. He promised:

1.) That participation in the Program would be
    Completely voluntary,

No longer Voluntary

2.) That the participants would only have to pay
    1% of the first $1,400 of their annual
    Incomes into the Program,

Now 7.65%
    on the first $90,000

3.) That the money the participants elected to put
    into the Program would be deductible from
    their income for tax purposes each year,

No longer tax deductible

4.) That the money the participants put into the
    independent 'Trust Fund' rather than into the
    general operating fund, and therefore, would
    only be used to fund the Social Security
    ...

&

&
    HISTORY LESSON ON SOCIAL SECURITY!!
    THE TRUE FACTS!

Our Social Security
    Security (FICA) Program. He promised:

Completely voluntary,

No longer Voluntary

1% of the first $1,400 of their annual
    Incomes into the Program,

Now 7.65%
    on the first $90,000

No longer tax deductible

Retirement Program, and no other
    Government program, and,

Under Johnson the money was moved to
    The General Fund and Spent

5.) That the annuity payments to the retirees would never be taxed
    as income.

Under Clinton & Gore
    Up to 85% of your Social Security can be Taxed

Since many of us have paid into FICA for years and are
    now receiving a Social Security check every month --
    and then finding that we are getting taxed on 85% of
    the money we paid to the Federal government to 'put
    away' -- you may be interested in the following:

------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- ----

Q: Which Political Party took Social Security from the
    independent 'Trust Fund' and put it into the
    general fund so that Congress could spend it?

A: It was Lyndon Johnson and the democratically
    controlled House and Senate.

------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --

Q: Which Political Party eliminated the income tax
    deduction for Social Security (FICA) withholding?

A: The Democratic Party.

------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -----

Q: Which Political Party started taxing Social
    Security annuities?

A: The Democratic Party, with Al Gore casting the
    'tie-breaking' deciding vote as President of the
    Senate, while he was Vice President of the US

------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- -

Q: Which Political Party decided to start
    giving annuity payments to immigrants?

AND MY FAVORITE:

A: That's right!

Jimmy Carter and the Democratic Party.
    Immigrants moved into this country, and at age 65,
    began to receive Social Security payments! The
    Democratic Party gave these payments to them,
    even though they never paid a dime into it!

------------ -- ------------ --------- ----- ------------ --------- ---------

Then, after violating the original contract (FICA),
    the Democrats turn around and tell you that the Republicans want
    to take your Social Security away!

And the worst part about it is uninformed citizens believe it!
    If enough people receive this, maybe a seed of
    awareness will be planted and maybe changes will
    evolve.
    But it's worth a try.
    How many people can YOU send this to?
    IMPORTANT UPDATE....Social Security Just Went Up 2% On 1/1/2013. I Hope You Obama Fans Realize He Lied To You About Not Raising Taxes On The Poor & Middle Class.
  • Joe The... projimg 2013/02/26 13:38:18
    Joe The Economist
    You read it on the internet? Have you seen the State Farm commercial about everything on the internet must be true...

Here is a link that completely debunks the junk mail that you posted. Note the source is the Social Security Administration.

http://www.socialsecurity.gov...
  • projimg Joe The... 2013/02/26 13:41:10
    projimg
    Yeah, I belive that because the government web site said so. Sometimes, myths exist because there is some truth, I do not believe anything thta I read, but I would say that it is interesting that a government website has to debunk a myth, just saying.
  • Joe The... projimg 2013/02/26 21:28:57
    Joe The Economist
    This non-sense becomes urban myth because people want to express bottled-up outrage. People start with a dislike of the system, and want to believe the worst. The email appeals to the emotion of the reader, and it simply trumps common sense.

There is nothing in it that makes sense.
  • projimg Joe The... 2013/02/26 12:37:16 (edited)
    projimg
    It was conceptually voluntary and was never intedned to be what it is today, read the post below and tell me what you think. no kidding taxes aren't voluntary, that was not the point I was making, but our vote is voluntary, which will have something to do with what taxes are imposed on you, so maybe we should elect people that are not interested in taking our money and giving it to some lazy piece of crap.
  • Joe The... projimg 2013/02/26 13:44:00
    Joe The Economist
    Social Security has changed a great deal since its inception. It is now the exact opposite of what it was intended for. It was to be insurance against old-age. It has become a system which inhibits the savings which actually avoids poverty in old-age. The largest investment in retirement planning for the vast majority of Americans now has a negative return. And you wonder why more and more people are arriving at retirement unable to retire?

If you want to change the system, you have to organize with like-minded people. Failing to vote the issue is the surest guarantee of it growing and making a bigger mess.

2014/04/20 21:13:46