I just read a comment by a self-admitted "lifelong" conservative Republican SH, that to make an assertion that no one was killed by Nixon's "dirty tricks" related to Watergate ( as compared to Fast & Furious) is "not exactly true"...Agree or disagree?

Howler 2012/06/24 19:03:31
This particular "conservative Republican" is a consistent supporter of the Obama administration with his commentary across the Sodahead site.

He also asserts that Watergate was a much worse crime than any crime thus far alleged, or even known, relative to Fast & Furious -- even if MASS MURDER is undoubtedly one of those crimes.

He makes the claim that multiple murders as a result of Fast & Furious is less serious than an attempt to undermine the "U.S. process" as he asserts was the case with Watergate.

He believes history will view Fast & Furious as a comparable scandal to the Lewinsky scandal, and one that will give a negative historical view of Republicans.

What say YOU?

• Elleryqueen 2012/06/24 19:08:03
    I DO NOT believe that someone may have been killed because of, or related to,...
    Elleryqueen
    +27
    Watergate was a fairy tale compared to what has been going on for the last 3 plus years.

• JoeM~PWCM~JLA 2012/06/24 22:02:52
    JoeM~PWCM~JLA
    +4
    To compare the Clinton/Lewinsky scandal to Watergate or to Fast and Furious, is a clear choice. A wrong was done, the POTUS tried to lie his way out. Sounds like Watergate and Lewinsky.

Fast and Furious enters a whole new area. If nothing of the reasons come to light, the facts of the case indicate the primary crime to be of grave consequence. If the motive is, indeed, the desire to circumvent the US Constitution, then the Crimes become, by far, the most serious committed by any major authority of the Government since the Revolutionary war.
  • Obama Failed Soda Head Chie... 2012/06/24 21:56:31
    Obama Failed Soda Head Chief Opi
    +6
    and Fast and Furious is 10 times worse than Watergate.
  • Hawkeye 2012/06/24 21:33:55
    Hawkeye
    +8
    When we talk about the Watergate scandal we must remember that there were two separate and distinct incidents.. The ACTUAL illegal Wiretap which every investigation ever conducted cleared Nixon of any connection and the Cover-up attempts,, equally illegal,, that Nixon was deeply involved in..

Now the wiretap,, as bad as it was,, really isn’t all that uncommon.. Happens ALL the time and THAT,, with ALL the HOOPLA centered around the cover-up,, doesn’t come anywhere NEAR the gravity of Fast and Furious debacle even IF we learn absolutely NOTHING more about it then we know now..

Obama,, with his executive privilege claim,, has ALREADY gone as far as Nixon ever did by doing the EXACT same things that Nixon did and LIKE Nixon,, the courts are SURE to overturn that claim because LIKE Nixon,, Obama cannot USE executive privilege to cover up evidence of a crime.. And the Murder of Brian Terry,, the Mexican Citizens,, the arming of a criminal organization that is a threat to the host country are ALL crimes..

If the nature of the evidence that Obama has chosen to HIDE implicates HIM in ANY way to the commission of these crimes then HE has SURPASSED Nixon as the worse criminal ever to hold the office of the Presidency by a WIDE margin..

In actual FACT.. To compare these two scanda...

In actual FACT.. To compare these two scandals such as they are right NOW strongly suggests how DESPARATE and Terrified the left is that the facts,, heretofore protected and hidden by THIS President,, will prove to be extremely harmful to THIS President and the Democrat Party for the forseeable future..

Trust me.. They would like NOTHING better then for all of this to just go away.. They CLAIM it's a waste of time.. They want YOU to believe that this is nothing but Politics..

THEY would like for YOU to just move on..

But the FACT of the matter is,, right NOW Fast and Furious is FRONT and CENTER in THEIR MINDS and they are TERRIFIED of it..
  • Don Leuty 2012/06/24 21:29:14
    Don Leuty
    +8
    Prince Richard and King 0bama share a great deal in setting about to undermine the "U S Process". "Hot and Furious" merely adds insult to the injury of the past three years. Tricky Dick paid a great price for Watergate. 0bama will get a walk. Holder will take a bullet for his monarch. To line-of-duty deaths deserve more than a contempt of Congress citation. Holder should at least stand charges of depraved indifference and negligent homicide.

To escalate a failed policy admitted by the previous administration goes beyond the pale and calls to question his judgement, and possibly his sanity.
  • Max 2012/06/24 21:26:06
    Max
    +9
    A president resigned and at least one man went to prison over Watergate but, I never heard of anyone getting killed because of it.
  • Dwight PWCM 2012/06/24 21:19:59
    Dwight PWCM
    +8
    I don't remember anyone being charged with any thing more violent than Breaking and Entering, and I think Wire Tapping. Nixon was charged with several things, not all of which I remember.

if anyone had been charged with Murder, or self defense, I'm sure it would be common knowledge.
  • DeborahLakeHelen 2012/06/24 21:15:36
  • Howler Deborah... 2012/06/24 21:43:42
    Howler
    +6
    Baffles me as well.

I can easily understand anyone having a difference of opinion and political/ideology leaning, but I do not understand why they should ever feel the need to hide it, twist it, claim to be other than what is apparent by their opinions.
  • Deborah... Howler 2012/06/25 01:05:09
    DeborahLakeHelen
    +3
    I just don't understand the reasoning of a staunch Republican also being an Obama supporter.
  • Howler Deborah... 2012/06/25 03:23:03
    Howler
    +1
    Neither do I...And I believe the particular one who posts such ridiculous claims about his political positions which contradict with his self-admitted labels is simply trying to play mind games with any potential reader.

But WHY he would even do that I do not know.
  • Deborah... Howler 2012/06/25 23:59:28
    DeborahLakeHelen
    +1
    I don't get it, either.
  • Hawkeye Deborah... 2012/06/24 22:14:04
    Hawkeye
    +6
    One of the FAILED tactics of the left that started back during the Bush administration during the elections of 2004 was to have dedicated Left Wing Zealots coming on the blogs posing as "Enlightened" and reformed conservatives..

It was thought that by doing so they could spread the impression that even reasonable right wingers were turnng against Bush in droves and that ONLY hard headed fanatical conservatives who REFUSED to listen to reason would continue to support him....

Of COURSE it never worked because it became apparent that ONLY a Left WInger devoid of ANY intelligence could POSSIBLY believe the TRIPE,, like voting for John ( our men in uniform are the REAL Terrorists ) Kerry,, and other things that they were spewing but SOME hardline Left Wingers NEVER got that memo..
  • Deborah... Hawkeye 2012/06/25 01:15:42
    DeborahLakeHelen
    +3
    Hey My Sweet Hawk! Thank you for taking the time to shake the cats out of the bag, and explaining all that malarkey to me. I guess it's just hard for me to comprehend that kind of pathological dishonesty. I know, I know I should expect that from these baby-killing, gun-hating, marriage-desecrating, Limp-Wrist Liberals.
  • Hawkeye Deborah... 2012/06/25 01:35:43
    Hawkeye
    +2
    Awwww.. I see you're loosening up on that hard core opinion of liberals that you USED to have..

You USED to be downright uncomplimentary when it came to them...

ROFLMAO..
  • Deborah... Hawkeye 2012/06/25 01:39:16
    DeborahLakeHelen
    +1
    Hahahaha! Some things NEVER change, do they, My Friend?
  • Hawkeye Deborah... 2012/06/25 08:25:24
    Hawkeye
    +2
    Some things SHOULD never change,, my dear lady..
  • Deborah... Hawkeye 2012/06/25 23:59:59
    DeborahLakeHelen
    +1
    I agree, My Sweet Hawk.
  • Pamela Deborah... 2012/06/25 14:24:20
    Pamela
    +2
    Great!
  • DS in Oak Ridge NC 2012/06/24 21:14:29
    DS in Oak Ridge NC
    +7
    A ridiculous assertion unsupported by facts, records or history. A lame attempt to make the crimes of Obama and Eric Witholder appear to be run-of-the-mill violations that deserve no media attention or voter remorse.
  • Pamela 2012/06/24 21:12:33
    Pamela
    +6
    I do not believe anyone was killed by the "Dirty Tricks" escapade. Now the Fast& Furious is another fiasco that killed many people. But we don't hear the looney left saying to much about that do we.
  • dubbie 2012/06/24 21:10:31
    dubbie
    +5
    Scapegoating instead of looking for justice for an agent that was doing everything possible protecting America and possibly their own children , Leave it to progressives
  • Steverno~POTL~PWCM~JLA 2012/06/24 20:59:43 (edited)
    Steverno~POTL~PWCM~JLA
    +6
    This Fast and Furious"scandal is far worse then "Watergate".For as far as I remember,Watergate didn't have toe tags involved with it!

fast furiousscandal watergate rememberwatergate toe tags involved

IMO and other's opinion F & F was Holder's and Obama's main goal was to major instigate gun violence on both sides of the U.S. / Mexican border.And use that out of control gun violence as a justification for new stricter gun control laws.And maybe get the Senate to ratify the U.N. Small Arms and Light Weapons Treaty. Which could be use as a way to override the Second Amendment once and for all!

http://blog.heritage.org/2012...

And if a few hundred people get killed in the process.That's a "small price to pay"." Because all Marxists know that "You can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs" (In order to achieve something, it is inevitable and necessary that something
    [or someone] should be destroyed.)

• D Hanes 2012/06/24 20:51:37
    D Hanes
    +6
    I think Watergate was mostly reputations that died.. Obamas have overseen deliberate killing and done nothing!
  • Barbara Hasler 2012/06/24 20:43:16
    Barbara Hasler
    +7
    The Watergate incident was a break in into the Democratic Headquarters for voter list information. I was done in the dark of night and no one was killed. What is was is a Nixon coverup gone array.
  • dave b 2012/06/24 20:39:41
    dave b
    +4
    I dont remember anyone being killed related to Watergate. I would say if this person is lying about being a Conservative, muchless a Republican...we tend not to support Obama.
    +5
    Nope, none died.. People need to remember that the Watergate break-in was to get the "play book" of the other team at their campaign headquarters (it is also doubtful that these kinds of things have not happened in every election) -- these guys got caught and it was wrong, and, in the end and because of the cover-up, a President stepped down. It is not the act that gets folks; it is the cover-up that nails them.

The murders of 1000's of Mexican citizens and our agents make Watergate pale into nothingness. This was a deliberate act to sell un-tagged and un-tracked weapons to drug cartels - it is murder by design and must be followed to the end.
  • RastaFan 2012/06/24 20:24:12
    RastaFan
    +4
    I have no knowledge of Watergate-related death, but who knows, in the murky Washington world.

But, to think this will end up comparable to Lewinsky, denies an emerging reality. Unlike Lewinsky, there is an enlargened and emboldened middle America that has become very savvy about the Marxist history and makeup of the Democratic Party. It is turning to a steel hardened resolve to rid this country of filth.

Even if this investigation leads to ugly truths about US Government individuals and groups being involved in drugs, the bastards may not be able to suppress things as successfully as they have in the past. Collusion-oriented politicians like RINOS may simply be removed by ballot and replaced with men and women who truly do have the guts for glory.
  • Chi~Cat 2012/06/24 20:20:12
    I believe that someone may have been killed because of, or related to, the Wa...
    Chi~Cat
    +4
    Anything can happen in dirty politics, I do not put anything past an administration or a politician's hunger for power, control or greed. Whomever said that Fast & Furious will be another "Lewinsky" scandal is having a few too many cocktails and revealed their true colors.
  • Pamela Chi~Cat 2012/06/24 21:21:30
    Pamela
    +6
    It will be a lot worse then Watergate by far.
  • Chi~Cat Pamela 2012/06/24 23:35:13
    Chi~Cat
    +3
    That's a fact.
  • ScottyG - Faqueue 2012/06/24 20:19:45
    ScottyG - Faqueue
    +5
    One word. Clueless.
  • Radlad 2012/06/24 20:19:44
    Radlad
    +3
    This is a "conservative republican" that supports the obummer admin.............

..........O K Fine............
  • Kane Fernau 2012/06/24 20:13:14
    Kane Fernau
    +7
    Nixon was guilty of Obstruction of Justice and maybe Perjury same as Obama but no one was killed.
  • dominic garcia 2012/06/24 20:07:22
    dominic garcia
    +8
    The left is running scared now and paying more Obamabots to spread as much propaganda as they can. They are going to use everything and anything to protect Obama. Don't trust SH people who say they are conservatives and against Republicans. They are the masters of DECEPTION!
    +9
    There are a couple of psuedo "conservatives" and "moderates" here on Sodahead who I believe to be Progressives feigning conservatism by lying, which is a progressive trait! Dishonesty and illusion is a science Progressives study very carefully. Just listen to the MSM and you can receive a Phd in Progressive dishonesty!
  • rocat Andrew 2012/06/24 21:24:26
    rocat
    +3
    tellin' it like it is...
    i see-

the psuedo-conservative thing...
    seems really in vogue these days--

hope all is well with you... andrew-
  • Andrew rocat 2012/06/25 01:36:00
    +2
    Doing fine and I hope you are as well!
  • gldynmd BTO-t-BCRA-F 2012/06/24 19:38:18
    gldynmd BTO-t-BCRA-F
    +8
    No killing was involved in the Watergate mess. However, we know for sure someone was killed due to Fast & Furious. The person Must be a trouble making, lie spreading liberal hiding behind the sane cover of a conservitive.
  • Howler gldynmd... 2012/06/24 19:40:27

2014/07/22 11:30:34