I hate to block people. But some are so bad that you have to. Do you agree or disagree?

Mopvyzo 2013/01/17 08:48:06
Related Topics: Block

Read More: http://www.sodahead.com/fun/sodahead-friends-zone-...

• betz 2013/01/17 10:51:30
    Agree
    betz
    +27
    I have blocked many upon many. Every darned one of them are liberals. I block for three reasons:
    1. vulgarity
    2. threats
    3. accusing me of racism because I do not care for this president's policies.

it has ocurred to me to block you but I have not. You are nothing more than a pot stirrer. The funny thing is you ask the question, get everyone riled and then seem to walk away. Guite a good game ya got going on there. I hope it makes you happy.

• rikonjohn 2013/01/27 09:17:23
    Agree
    rikonjohn
    I haven't blocked anyone yet, but have been blocked twice or three times I know of.

It seems pretty dumb to do, but those who do must be inviting some serious protest if they're doing it.
  • MentalGopher 2013/01/20 22:38:37
    MentalGopher
    Haven't had to block anyone yet, but I haven't been on here that long.

Not gonna block someone for swearing or for disagreeing with me. Hell, I've got patience for the crazies who get all offended by minor things.

I'll re-evaluate this position when I've been on here longer.
  • ProudMom 2013/01/20 06:16:20
    Agree
    ProudMom
    +1
    I haven't blocked anyone yet, but if they became verbally abusive, I would at least for a little while if ignoring them didn't work. Don't need the drama.
  • reaper66689 2013/01/19 16:58:01
    Agree
    reaper66689
    +1
    them that try to get u to vew tere webcam on some site i block them all the time
  • **StarzAbove** 2013/01/19 16:37:38
    Agree
    **StarzAbove**
    +1
    I don't hate to block at all....everyone I've blocked had it coming to them. I block for harassing, stalking, bad mouthing, telling lies and innuendoes, personally attacking me name calling, vulgarity and rudeness....that takes in a lot of people. And I have never regretted doing it.

And it's so funny when I've blocked someone they whine about it, when they know they had it coming. Bullies acting like babies deserve a block.
  • Agree
    Gยเtคг Plคאєг ( JFK Democrat )
    +2
    Very Seldom, but over the many many years I have been on here, I can count on 1 hand how many I have blocked.
  • Nancy~PWCM~JLA~POTL 2013/01/18 23:44:02
    Agree
    Nancy~PWCM~JLA~POTL
    +1
    I hate to block people unless they are more like stalkers or badgering or just plain old will not even respond unless they are cursing up and down. I block only when absolutely necessary
  • WankerBait 2013/01/18 22:24:41
    Disagree
    WankerBait
    +3
    Let everyone put their opinions out for discussion. That way we'll all be exposed. Disagreement is one way to expand one's world view and opinion. Ignore the trolls, idiots, and haters (as much as possible) once they've exposed themselves, but don't run and hide from them. Let them be known...
  • Guru Casper BN-ZERO 2013/01/18 22:20:15
    Guru Casper BN-ZERO
    +4
    IT'S a subjective view,I haven't BLOCKED in over a year there are alternatives to blocking,like oh,reporting abuse or maybe going to a site not SH,or not being on the internet,etc,or ignoring the trolls they usually wilt if IGNORED :)
    DEAD troll
  • Yosyp 2013/01/18 21:19:53
    Agree
    Yosyp
    +2
    I've done it
  • Flipper 2013/01/18 21:07:33 (edited)
  • Camaro Addict 2013/01/18 19:55:21
    Disagree
    Camaro Addict
    +1
    I have been cussed at and I hardly get on here but as with other sites I ignore people, it pisses them off even more and if you dont like Nobama you are considered a racist or a hater and get plenty of dislikes but its freedom of speech and we dont have to like people or what they stand for but they have rights to opinions as we do
  • Veritas 2013/01/18 18:58:35
    Agree
    Veritas
    +1
    There are some very disagreeable people out there and sometimes it's best to cut them off or stoop to their level.
  • taylordoesntdeserve 2013/01/18 18:17:55
    Disagree
    taylordoesntdeserve
    +4
    I think the only time I have ever blocked someone was because they were really creepy and annoying (as in sending me repeated messages asking about personal information).

I am comfortable and firm enough in my beliefs to not have to repress others.
  • Mo 2013/01/18 17:28:15
    Mo
    +4
    I don't block people, probably engage longer than I should, but I'm studying a species.
  • Joe Shwingding BN-ZERO 2013/01/18 17:07:14
    Disagree
    Joe Shwingding BN-ZERO
    +4
    better to ignore
  • ManBearPig 2013/01/18 15:50:07
    Agree
    ManBearPig
    +1
    it is funny though when you provide factual sources to your claims to a liberal and they block you without even reading the sources
  • ruthannhausman 2013/01/18 15:35:43
    ruthannhausman
    +2
    I can't say "agree" because I don't agree with blocking at all; however, I totally see why someone would block and I agree with their decision to do it. Personally, however, I just ignore the answer if I run into yucky ramblings or whatever.

See, 99% of the time I grit my teeth and scroll down and away from hateful, ugly comments. But then sometimes my stomach is much stronger and I will sit and read something that I normally wouldn't. And that is because I believe you cannot sit back and paint yourself into your own little corner and ignore what's going on outside your boundaries. I need to know what's in the mindset of ignorant people. Sometimes they are truly terrible and yet sometimes they are frustrated, probably fed erroneous information, or even in cahoots with a buddy and pushing every button they possibly can to see knee-jerk reactions. Whatever.

But regardless of the subject matter, I want to know just how freaky the real freaks are and how ignorant the real ignoramuses are so that I can devise ways to deal with the situations. Some of those people can be reached. Not all, probably not the majority, but some, and we need to touch their lives and attempt to better them. Then, if we fail, and they go and end up on the front page of newspapers or something l...

But regardless of the subject matter, I want to know just how freaky the real freaks are and how ignorant the real ignoramuses are so that I can devise ways to deal with the situations. Some of those people can be reached. Not all, probably not the majority, but some, and we need to touch their lives and attempt to better them. Then, if we fail, and they go and end up on the front page of newspapers or something like that, we can go to sleep saying, "At least I tried. He was a lost cause from the beginning," and not, "Oh, lordy, I knew that guy, was he crying out for intervention and I turned him away?": and no matter what the answer to that last question may be, it will still haunt a good person. (I think I'm a good person. Sue me.) So I prefer to try.

Not my favorite pastime, mind you, but it works for me.
  • Chris - The Rowdy One! #187 2013/01/18 15:12:57
  • Foxhoun... Chris -... 2013/01/18 17:47:09
    Foxhound BN0
    +2
    I know how you feel. I'm not saying these are blockers, because sh won't allow me to say that, but I am saying that I can't respond to these right wing polls by people currently on the top of the leaderboard. These are just a few of them but ones I'm sure you'd like to visit.

http://m.sodahead.com/living/...

http://m.sodahead.com/living/...

http://m.sodahead.com/united-...

http://m.sodahead.com/united-...

http://m.sodahead.com/united-...
  • Chris -... Foxhoun... 2013/01/18 19:50:21
  • Foxhoun... Chris -... 2013/01/18 20:35:27
    Foxhound BN0
    +1
    I've seen you on some of their blogs joining in on bashing the left. Just thought you should be aware you were being part of the circle jerk.
  • Chris -... Foxhoun... 2013/01/18 21:14:08
  • WankerBait Chris -... 2013/01/18 22:31:15
    WankerBait
    +2
    You were making a good argument until you had to ruin it with your unnecessary, homophobic ending. Too bad. I agreed with you up to and until then...
  • Foxhoun... WankerBait 2013/01/18 23:14:52
    Foxhound BN0
    +2
    he always does that. he's a child of the 80's lol.
  • Chris -... WankerBait 2013/01/19 16:07:40
  • Tresa 2013/01/18 14:32:03
    Tresa
    +3
    I certainly understand blocking someone who ask for personal information or is stalking you but I don't like blocking just because someone disagrees with you. Blocking makes SH polls pretty much irrelevant.
  • darkwhisperer 2013/01/18 13:07:40
    Agree
    darkwhisperer
    +1
    someone was once asking me real deep personal stuff, and getting into my business so i had to block him.
  • Maynard 2013/01/18 12:28:13
    Agree
    Maynard
    +1
    I agree with Mopeder on this one.

A RARE MOMENT DEFINED, great job Mopeder.

We have disagreed and he has NEVER blocked me, again, GREAT JOB MOPEDER.
  • Commenting_one 2013/01/18 10:12:18
    Agree
    Commenting_one
    +1
    It takes a lot for me, but will tolerate just so much antagonistic behavior and it may come that point.
  • K. Katt 2013/01/18 08:32:43
    Agree
    K. Katt
    Some time ago I got into a dispute with someone on this site with the revolting handle of "Che". I was pointing out to him that Che Guevara was essentially a murderous thug. He seemed to have no knowledge of Che's history or history in general and was losing the argument in no uncertain terms. He had no answers so he blocked me. Probably in order to avoid looking continually foolish, he had to block me. Sometimes you just have to do it.
  • intolerantrwj 2013/01/18 08:02:15
    Disagree
    intolerantrwj
    +1
    .... prefer to hash it out.
  • Eric 2013/01/18 07:17:30
    Eric
    +1
    I don't block anyone but then I try to be as understanding as possible and not attack people or ridicule others. Seems to work for me.
  • Crime Time 2013/01/18 06:32:12
  • Chris 2013/01/18 06:08:01 (edited)
    Agree
    Chris
    +3
    If they start insulting me then I usually will immediately block them. I don't mind someone who disagrees but there is no need for insults. It's very rare for me to block otherwise. If I think the person is just arguing for the sake of having the last word without really adding anything new to the discussion, that to me is trolling so I might block for that as well. Although I've only done it for that reason once that I can recall, usually will just stop replying.

I am usually blocked for my opinion alone though after only one comment. lol
  • Comment... Chris 2013/01/18 10:14:44
    Commenting_one
    +1
    That happened to me once, too.
  • Batou 2013/01/18 05:35:06
    Disagree
    Batou
    +2
    I don't block. If someone shows they are either unwilling or incapable of engaging in civil and rational dialogue I simply ignore them. So far I haven't had a reason to block anyone.
  • This is W³ 2013/01/18 04:38:51
    Agree
    This is W³
    Sometimes, it's necessary.
    BTW, I noticed that you used the Windows Live Messenger logo with the circle/slash symbol over it. It is fitting, as Microsoft is dissing Messenger and merging with Skype. A little FYI there...
  • jumpboots 187th PIR 2013/01/18 04:18:56
    Agree
    jumpboots 187th PIR
    +3
    You do what you have to do.
  • babibumer 2013/01/18 04:09:22
    babibumer
    +3
    My best belief is that Blocking should not even be allowed on SH. Some people post the most ludicrous lies then block anyone that calls them on it. RW'ers cannot stand the truth. So they block anyone who tells it to them. This is supposed to be an Opinion Poll site - not the I'll tell my side but you can shut up site.

2014/11/21 20:36:59