"I Didn’t Vote for Obama in 2008, but I’ll be First To Do So in 2012" by Fay Paxton

FeelHood H. Obama~BN28 2012/05/27 20:10:28
Obama 2012
Romney 2012
Paul 2012

I Didn’t Vote for Obama in 2008, but I’ll be First To Do So in 2012

Obama 2012 Forward

(By Fay Paxton, cross-posted at The Pragmatic Pundit)

During the campaign, I was thousands of miles away, but as I watched it unfold, it was painfully obvious to me that America is nowhere near being post-racial and the southern strategy is not dead. I knew, that if elected, Barack Obama would become the object of the keenest scrutiny any President has ever been subjected to and his race, birthplace, indeed birthright and religion would dominate social concerns. America has not disappointed me.

It is sad to hear “disappointed” supporters wax naively about the President’s failures like political professionals who know everything about foreign policy, legislative bargaining and the government budgetary process. More often than not, I find they’re armed with little more than talking points, an entrenched ideology, reflections of an impossible ideal that borders close to God-like or are just plain old racists.

As I’ve watched President Obama labor against impossible odds, one thing became obvious to me, I would cast my vote for him in 2012 because his presidency calls upon all the ugliness that this nation needs to face. And there are other reasons:

1. I’ll vote for Obama because I like the idea that Wall Street has soured on the president. It tells me they didn’t get from him what they wanted and more importantly, because they’re withholding their support, he won’t be obligated to them. Besides, I have a problem with a group of grown men who have the nerve to feel sensitive after nearly toppling the entire economy.

Like the corporations that park their profits (profits they earned in America, from Americans) offshore because they want to be unregulated and untaxed, they’re holding the nation hostage. I’ll vote for Obama because I don’t want to pay the ransom.

From: CNN Money

Companies seek tax break for overseas profits

The tax holiday would lower the corporate tax rate to 5.25% for big companies such as the bill’s proponents — including Google, Oracle and Cisco — if they move their overseas profits to the United States.

Note: Generally, the U.S. corporate tax rate stands at 35%. I challenge anyone to name a corporation that pays 35% after all the tax cuts, tax credits, loopholes, deductions and subsidies. Costs are rising to do offshore business. Corporations are people…let them behave like all other American people and pay their taxes!

If you believe Obama’s policies are crippling when the stock market has reached an all-time high, you’re an idiot.

2. I’ll vote for Obama because I appreciate the distance of so many members of the 1%. They have made out like bandits and have the nerve to still be unhappy with their share. They receive all the tax cuts, tax credits and subsidies; still it isn’t enough. How much money does one person need?

Some complain that the wealthy pay 40% of the income taxes…they control 80% of the wealth, so I’m not certain they shouldn’t pay 80% of the taxes. If you live in this country, you pay taxes…buy a candybar.

3. I’ll vote for Obama to show the elite they can’t buy the government. The likes of Sheldon Adelson can give a candidate $20 million, but he still only has ONE vote. The Koch brothers can finance all the Tea Parties they desire, but in the end, they can each only submit one vote. Voters can defeat Citizens United. My vote for Obama will be a strike against corporate rule.

4. I’ll vote for Obama to uphold and celebrate the diversity that is America; to defy and deny all the racist rhetoric that has consumed the nation since his election. The divisive tactics politicians and the corporate media employ will continue as long as they know it works. I’ll vote to stop the deliberate attempts to drive a wedge between races, to stop disparage of minorities and the Gay community.

5. I’ll vote for Obama because the nation never respected his election, as if they had the right to disregard the votes of millions of Americans; to disavow their voting rights with the delegitimization of a candidate who was duly elected by the people.

Limbaugh: ‘I Hope Obama Fails’ 1/16/2009

GOP’s Anti-Obama Campaign Started Night Of Inauguration

‘If we’re able to stop Obama on this it will be his Waterloo’ 7/20/2009

MCCONNELL: The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president. 10/25/2010

The Plot Against Barack Obama 10/28/2010

6. I’ll vote for Obama because I’ve seen this Republican playbook before; when Clinton was in office and I can’t imagine how anyone could possibly forget, they were “the party of No” then too. Republicans even accused Clinton of murder.

They have no respect for the “whole” of America; they think they are the only ones who have a right to govern and will drive America to the brink of destruction for political gain. These were the headlines then:

Daily News 1990:
Legislators Say There’s No Money.

New York Times 1995
BATTLE OVER THE BUDGET: THE PRESIDENT; Budget Crisis Jeopardizes Clinton’s Diplomatic Plans
Los Angeles Times 1997
Clinton Office, Republican Congress Near an Impasse

CNN – 1995
Americans blame GOP for budget mess

Buffalo News 1995
GOP FRESHMEN AREN’T COMPROMISING

THIS OUTRAGEOUSLY PHONY BUDGET CRISIS

7. I’ll vote for Obama because I know history. After Blacks won office in 1875, whites reacted in much the same way many reacted after Obama’s election. Like the Tea Party, opposition groups were formed. They changed the registration rules, employed gerrymandering and wrote new laws. It was called the Mississippi Plan and Jim Crow was born. History is repeating itself.

8. I’ll vote for Obama because to me he isn’t the problem. He needs a Congress that wants to govern. He needs a party that supports his platform. He needs supporters who will stay engaged. I listen to the endless declarations about “disappointment” in the president and wonder how disappointed he is in his supporters who went homeand watched their hopes drown in “tea”.

“Change doesn’t roll in on the wheels of inevitability, but comes through continuous struggle.” Martin Luther King, Jr.

9. I’ll vote for Obama because I still believe “yes we can”. The ordinary citizen can make the difference. When I think about the worldwide support his candidacy elicited, I can’t help but think that America missed the opportunity to become the exception it claims to be had it not been more focused on the destruction of Obama than on the elevation of the nation.

10. I’ll vote for Obama because I don’t hold him responsible for the economy. Not only is he thesmallest spender since Eisenhower, but historytells us Republicans always “intentionally” sabotage the economy in order to extract huge sums of money from the working class.

Before the Great Depression, the U.S. Treasurer gave huge tax breaks to the wealthy. He believed,“The poor required little tax relief….they would just piss it away on food, clothing and shelter.”

For further Explanation, read #10 HERE

or read

Are Americans oblivious to History, stuck on Stupid or just ideological Idiots?

11. I’ll vote for Obama because Romney’s stint in politics as the Governor of Massachusetts proved he is incapable of transferring whatever he learned as a businessman to the management of a government economy, nor do I agree with his flippety-floppety positions; he makes it up as he goes.

Romney described himself as driven by a core economic credo, that capitalism is a form of “creative destruction.” What does that mean?

For further Explanation, read #11 HERE

and

Cory Booker and the Bain of Private Equity

12. I’ll vote for Obama because despite entrenched opposition and those who plotted against him even before he was sworn-in, he still accomplished so many things. I can only imagine what he could do with a little cooperation and support.

For further Explanation, read #12 HERE

Read More: http://www.winningprogressive.org/i-didnt-vote-for...

• CA Gal 2012/05/27 20:14:03
    Obama 2012
    CA Gal
    +20
    I did vote for President Obama in 2008 and will certainly vote for him again in 2012.

• Latti I... Michaelene 2012/06/05 14:54:54
    Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of PHAET
    +2
    Duh lol; doesn't take away from the fact that in his first term he gave the Iraq government military weapons. I also stated it increased to 50% by 2000.
  • Michaelene Latti I... 2012/06/05 15:02:05
    Michaelene
    +3
    I wonder why no one has learned anything from history.
    Today we have our leaders arming "rebels" (undefined) and negotiating with the Taliban, while giving Pakistan a billion dollars a year. Support of the Muslim brotherhood is another example of stupidity.
  • Latti I... Michaelene 2012/06/06 03:10:32
    Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of PHAET
    +2
    Same here; the American people are blind.
  • Michaelene Latti I... 2012/06/06 13:29:10
    Michaelene
    +2
    I know many Americans that would rather sort through their trash than discuss politics, they are that bitter and jaded. Far too many say the elections are rigged, so they don't vote.
    It makes me sad to reallize they are unwilling to see the truth.
    "Politicians lie, hope dies"
  • C-ZAR™,... DJL 2012/06/03 17:02:00
    C-ZAR™, Emperor of the PHÆT
    +5
    Oh give it up. He's eligible!--they only think he's not cause he's black!
  • MQ-Amer... C-ZAR™,... 2012/06/03 19:41:12 (edited)
    MQ-American Values Again (AVA)
    +12
    Oh good grief.. give up the race card... it is soooooooooooooo over-rated and a pathetic excuse for a black man who made it to the top job in America... wouldn't you say?
  • DJL C-ZAR™,... 2012/06/03 20:54:08 (edited)
    DJL
    +9
    June 19th will prove you wrong. A Democrat is challenging Obama's ineligibility.
  • Latti I... C-ZAR™,... 2012/06/05 04:39:47
  • SK-pro ... C-ZAR™,... 2012/06/05 03:43:02
    SK-pro impeachment
    +8
    obama's new campaign slogan
    obamas campaign slogan
  • MQ-Amer... SK-pro ... 2012/06/05 05:51:29 (edited)
    MQ-American Values Again (AVA)
    +6
    ROFL'ng... if only it wasn't so sad.. and true
  • SK-pro ... MQ-Amer... 2012/06/05 06:00:54
  • Old Salt 2012/06/02 04:55:07
  • MQ-Amer... Old Salt 2012/06/02 06:17:10
    MQ-American Values Again (AVA)
    +18
    Bravo, bravo, bravo!
    clap gif
  • dannyS MQ-Amer... 2012/06/02 21:44:37
  • MQ-Amer... dannyS 2012/06/02 22:02:34
    MQ-American Values Again (AVA)
    +13
    Thank you dear.. you just say the sweetest things... nice big kiss .. just for you....
    monkey kiss
  • Old Poet dannyS 2012/06/02 23:02:53
    Old Poet
    +10
    Now that was very intelligent! Have a nice day and use your right to vote taht I almost died for. You are both intitled to your opinions. At least one of you did so in a civil manner.
  • dannyS Old Poet 2012/06/04 06:23:47
  • MQ-Amer... Old Poet 2012/06/04 23:04:38
    MQ-American Values Again (AVA)
    +7
    The sock Danny has now been deactivated
  • Old Poet MQ-Amer... 2012/06/05 16:16:16
    Old Poet
    +3
    I guess that is why I can't see his replys. Thanks for letting me know MQ.
  • Annette Old Salt 2012/06/02 20:46:43
    Annette
    +14

I have this to add. #10 - 0vomit has increased our debt in less time than all the presidents combined since Washington. And he has increased it MORE THAN all the presidents combined.

#8 Not only did 0vomit have a filibuster proof Democratic majority, he still has a Democrat Senate majority and even they have 100% (twice now) rejected 0vomit's budget! Gee, that should tell you something, don'tcha think?

#11 More experience than Romney: Look what he did as governor of Mass. http://www.bizjournals.com/bo... -- "Part of their combined $255,000 in pay will be used for higher salaries of senior staff, according to a news release from Romney's transition team. Certain members of Romney's staff will be paid up to $150,000 a year, the release said, which is higher than the $130,000 salary of outgoing acting Gov. Jane Swift. Romney is passing up $135,000 a year..."

The only thing 0vomit knows is to have his hand out for more, more, more! Racist? LMAO I was ready to vote for Cain, would have voted for Alan Keyes if he had been able to run, and had not been snookered out of it by the 0bamessia; and I will vote for Allen West whenever and wherever possible. WOE unto all who will vote for this jackass again, not to mention that he is working toward and will be the destruction o...
    applause

The only thing 0vomit knows is to have his hand out for more, more, more! Racist? LMAO I was ready to vote for Cain, would have voted for Alan Keyes if he had been able to run, and had not been snookered out of it by the 0bamessia; and I will vote for Allen West whenever and wherever possible. WOE unto all who will vote for this jackass again, not to mention that he is working toward and will be the destruction of America! Just what his handlers want him to do. Whoever thinks otherwise DOES NOT KNOW HISTORY!!! such as the writer of this blog claims! READ your pre-WWII history Feelhood and learn a thing or two.
  • Old Salt Annette 2012/06/02 21:44:33
  • dannyS Annette 2012/06/02 21:51:28
  • Old Poet dannyS 2012/06/02 23:13:06
    Old Poet
    +6
    Sir your debating skills are awesome. Especially the chicken do do part. Tell me son, what are your accomplishments large and small. I applaud your research. At least you numbered them. I don't think I can accuse you of plagiarism, just awkward verbal pugelism. Take of fthe gloves and we can do this bare fisted. Non violently of course. Passion like yours is better used behind closed doors than in public.
  • MQ-Amer... Old Poet 2012/06/03 01:48:32
    MQ-American Values Again (AVA)
    +7
    You are great OldPoet, and you have a good eye for stupidity at its finest...
    woman laugh gif
  • dannyS MQ-Amer... 2012/06/04 06:39:01
  • MQ-Amer... dannyS 2012/06/04 08:25:25
    MQ-American Values Again (AVA)
    +5
    How would you know.... supposedly you've only been a SH member for 2.5 weeks... oh you lil sockie you....
    sockpuppet shake head yes gif
  • Old Poet MQ-Amer... 2012/06/05 16:17:34
    Old Poet
    +2
    How do you youngsters do these great graphics? And thank you,
  • dannyS Old Poet 2012/06/04 06:37:38
  • MQ-Amer... dannyS 2012/06/04 08:26:19
    MQ-American Values Again (AVA)
    +3
    Oh you will ..... just not under the guise of your fake account....
  • Annette dannyS 2012/06/03 04:17:08
    Annette
    +3
    Don't know much about Romney, do you? I didn't say he was "the man" - I pointed out truth about him. You do with that what you will, but don't go twisting it!
    So you're complaining that Romney left the state in debt while he took no salary, but you're defending 0vomit for not only running us in debt to the tune of over - what is it now, 6 trillion dollars - and he takes all his glorified vacations and lives off our backs - and you have the gall to say anything about Romney - Buddy - get out of my face! You remind me of doornail!
  • dannyS Annette 2012/06/04 07:01:19
  • Annette dannyS 2012/06/04 15:02:41
    Annette
    +4
    DannyS - you're wrong on all fronts, and not even worth discussing this with. CBS news - right! LMAO. Thanks for showing your ignorance in print. Adios!
  • MQ-Amer... Annette 2012/06/04 23:05:16
    MQ-American Values Again (AVA)
    +4
    The sockie Danny has now been deactivated
  • Red Branch Annette 2012/06/06 03:02:23
    Red Branch
    +1
    Careful, a door nail has a purpose, DS doesn't.
  • Annette Red Branch 2012/06/06 03:07:23
    Annette
    +1
    Last time I checked a door nail was pretty dumb. And if they stick out, they are just in the way. So I think DS might not be all he is purporting himself to be. Kind of like a sore thumb. Thanks, RB - and good to see you. Scott Walker made history tonight! Is that great or what?
  • Red Branch Annette 2012/06/06 03:09:40
    Red Branch
    +1
    It should be the beginning of a new and better era, not error like in 2008.
  • Annette Red Branch 2012/06/06 03:15:10
    Annette
    +1
    Well Wisconsin just blew out a huge breath of fresh air across all of America tonight! I am so happy and so proud of the people of that state for what they accomplished, and even with 119% of the population out there voting! LMAO Looks like the libs flubbed up somewhere along the line! Even with 19% more they couldn't carry the load. With 75% of the votes in he has won by a 12 point difference. That is spectacular!
    56% vs 43% right now! I gave the 1% for the independent to the liberals. Maybe they will feel better! LOL
  • Red Branch Annette 2012/06/06 03:18:57
    Red Branch
    +1
    Thanks
  • dannyS Old Salt 2012/06/02 21:46:31
  • Old Salt dannyS 2012/06/02 21:55:19

2014/10/25 13:32:39