"I Didn’t Vote for Obama in 2008, but I’ll be First To Do So in 2012" by Fay Paxton

FeelHood H. Obama~BN28 2012/05/27 20:10:28
Obama 2012
Romney 2012
Paul 2012

I Didn’t Vote for Obama in 2008, but I’ll be First To Do So in 2012

Obama 2012 Forward

(By Fay Paxton, cross-posted at The Pragmatic Pundit)

During the campaign, I was thousands of miles away, but as I watched it unfold, it was painfully obvious to me that America is nowhere near being post-racial and the southern strategy is not dead. I knew, that if elected, Barack Obama would become the object of the keenest scrutiny any President has ever been subjected to and his race, birthplace, indeed birthright and religion would dominate social concerns. America has not disappointed me.

It is sad to hear “disappointed” supporters wax naively about the President’s failures like political professionals who know everything about foreign policy, legislative bargaining and the government budgetary process. More often than not, I find they’re armed with little more than talking points, an entrenched ideology, reflections of an impossible ideal that borders close to God-like or are just plain old racists.

As I’ve watched President Obama labor against impossible odds, one thing became obvious to me, I would cast my vote for him in 2012 because his presidency calls upon all the ugliness that this nation needs to face. And there are other reasons:

1. I’ll vote for Obama because I like the idea that Wall Street has soured on the president. It tells me they didn’t get from him what they wanted and more importantly, because they’re withholding their support, he won’t be obligated to them. Besides, I have a problem with a group of grown men who have the nerve to feel sensitive after nearly toppling the entire economy.

Like the corporations that park their profits (profits they earned in America, from Americans) offshore because they want to be unregulated and untaxed, they’re holding the nation hostage. I’ll vote for Obama because I don’t want to pay the ransom.

From: CNN Money

Companies seek tax break for overseas profits

The tax holiday would lower the corporate tax rate to 5.25% for big companies such as the bill’s proponents — including Google, Oracle and Cisco — if they move their overseas profits to the United States.

Note: Generally, the U.S. corporate tax rate stands at 35%. I challenge anyone to name a corporation that pays 35% after all the tax cuts, tax credits, loopholes, deductions and subsidies. Costs are rising to do offshore business. Corporations are people…let them behave like all other American people and pay their taxes!

If you believe Obama’s policies are crippling when the stock market has reached an all-time high, you’re an idiot.

2. I’ll vote for Obama because I appreciate the distance of so many members of the 1%. They have made out like bandits and have the nerve to still be unhappy with their share. They receive all the tax cuts, tax credits and subsidies; still it isn’t enough. How much money does one person need?

Some complain that the wealthy pay 40% of the income taxes…they control 80% of the wealth, so I’m not certain they shouldn’t pay 80% of the taxes. If you live in this country, you pay taxes…buy a candybar.

3. I’ll vote for Obama to show the elite they can’t buy the government. The likes of Sheldon Adelson can give a candidate $20 million, but he still only has ONE vote. The Koch brothers can finance all the Tea Parties they desire, but in the end, they can each only submit one vote. Voters can defeat Citizens United. My vote for Obama will be a strike against corporate rule.

4. I’ll vote for Obama to uphold and celebrate the diversity that is America; to defy and deny all the racist rhetoric that has consumed the nation since his election. The divisive tactics politicians and the corporate media employ will continue as long as they know it works. I’ll vote to stop the deliberate attempts to drive a wedge between races, to stop disparage of minorities and the Gay community.

5. I’ll vote for Obama because the nation never respected his election, as if they had the right to disregard the votes of millions of Americans; to disavow their voting rights with the delegitimization of a candidate who was duly elected by the people.

Limbaugh: ‘I Hope Obama Fails’ 1/16/2009

GOP’s Anti-Obama Campaign Started Night Of Inauguration

‘If we’re able to stop Obama on this it will be his Waterloo’ 7/20/2009

MCCONNELL: The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president. 10/25/2010

The Plot Against Barack Obama 10/28/2010

6. I’ll vote for Obama because I’ve seen this Republican playbook before; when Clinton was in office and I can’t imagine how anyone could possibly forget, they were “the party of No” then too. Republicans even accused Clinton of murder.

They have no respect for the “whole” of America; they think they are the only ones who have a right to govern and will drive America to the brink of destruction for political gain. These were the headlines then:

Daily News 1990:
Legislators Say There’s No Money.

New York Times 1995
BATTLE OVER THE BUDGET: THE PRESIDENT; Budget Crisis Jeopardizes Clinton’s Diplomatic Plans
Los Angeles Times 1997
Clinton Office, Republican Congress Near an Impasse

CNN – 1995
Americans blame GOP for budget mess

Buffalo News 1995
GOP FRESHMEN AREN’T COMPROMISING

THIS OUTRAGEOUSLY PHONY BUDGET CRISIS

7. I’ll vote for Obama because I know history. After Blacks won office in 1875, whites reacted in much the same way many reacted after Obama’s election. Like the Tea Party, opposition groups were formed. They changed the registration rules, employed gerrymandering and wrote new laws. It was called the Mississippi Plan and Jim Crow was born. History is repeating itself.

8. I’ll vote for Obama because to me he isn’t the problem. He needs a Congress that wants to govern. He needs a party that supports his platform. He needs supporters who will stay engaged. I listen to the endless declarations about “disappointment” in the president and wonder how disappointed he is in his supporters who went homeand watched their hopes drown in “tea”.

“Change doesn’t roll in on the wheels of inevitability, but comes through continuous struggle.” Martin Luther King, Jr.

9. I’ll vote for Obama because I still believe “yes we can”. The ordinary citizen can make the difference. When I think about the worldwide support his candidacy elicited, I can’t help but think that America missed the opportunity to become the exception it claims to be had it not been more focused on the destruction of Obama than on the elevation of the nation.

10. I’ll vote for Obama because I don’t hold him responsible for the economy. Not only is he thesmallest spender since Eisenhower, but historytells us Republicans always “intentionally” sabotage the economy in order to extract huge sums of money from the working class.

Before the Great Depression, the U.S. Treasurer gave huge tax breaks to the wealthy. He believed,“The poor required little tax relief….they would just piss it away on food, clothing and shelter.”

For further Explanation, read #10 HERE

or read

Are Americans oblivious to History, stuck on Stupid or just ideological Idiots?

11. I’ll vote for Obama because Romney’s stint in politics as the Governor of Massachusetts proved he is incapable of transferring whatever he learned as a businessman to the management of a government economy, nor do I agree with his flippety-floppety positions; he makes it up as he goes.

Romney described himself as driven by a core economic credo, that capitalism is a form of “creative destruction.” What does that mean?

For further Explanation, read #11 HERE

and

Cory Booker and the Bain of Private Equity

12. I’ll vote for Obama because despite entrenched opposition and those who plotted against him even before he was sworn-in, he still accomplished so many things. I can only imagine what he could do with a little cooperation and support.

For further Explanation, read #12 HERE

Read More: http://www.winningprogressive.org/i-didnt-vote-for...

• CA Gal 2012/05/27 20:14:03
    Obama 2012
    CA Gal
    +20
    I did vote for President Obama in 2008 and will certainly vote for him again in 2012.

• MQ-Amer... Dark Kn... 2012/06/03 19:36:05
    MQ-American Values Again (AVA)
    +4
    I thought it was time I tout my own group for awhile instead of someone else's ..
  • Michaelene MQ-Amer... 2012/06/03 03:52:21
    Michaelene
    +3
    The middle class under Obama is suffering. 3 more friends lost their jobs yesterday (actually 2 friends and my Mom)
  • MQ-Amer... Michaelene 2012/06/03 04:40:34
    MQ-American Values Again (AVA)
    +4
    Sadly, we all have friends/family/neighbors who have lost their jobs, their homes, their savings, their dignity .... and it's not getting any better ....
  • Michaelene MQ-Amer... 2012/06/03 06:39:40
    Michaelene
    +2
    Oh I know it, I just wish others would realize how bad it still is, the revised numbers each month never get any media attention.'
    Magical mystery math from this administration is a smack in the face.
  • FeedFwd... Michaelene 2012/06/03 19:48:48 (edited)
    FeedFwd ~POTL
    +2
    I think we all know, but what most people seem to fail to realize is that government cannot care for you or save you. We must all be responsible for our selves and our dependents and we will be best able to do so the freer we are.
  • FeelHoo... Michaelene 2012/06/03 16:39:14
    FeelHood H. Obama~BN28
    +1
    Actually, the Middle Class is suffering under Reaganomics, the repeal of Glass-Steagal, two wars left off of the books & the Bush Tax Cuts.

Sorry to disrupt your disingenuous political framing.
  • MQ-Amer... FeelHoo... 2012/06/03 19:39:37
    MQ-American Values Again (AVA)
    +5
    If the Bush tax cuts are dismantled .. the middle class who are already hurting the worst, will hurt even more... as they will lose 3.5 to 4% of their annual income, right? That would be another big hit to the salary of those who haven't even gotten a raise in 3-4 yrs, have had their hours cut to part time, and/or live everyday afraid they are going to lose their jobs....
  • FeelHoo... MQ-Amer... 2012/06/03 19:45:02
    FeelHood H. Obama~BN28
    +2
    What if we keep them in place for the Middle Class & repeal them for the top %1....?

Also, close the loopholes & raise the rate on corporations who outsource American jobs to other countries?
  • MQ-Amer... FeelHoo... 2012/06/04 08:24:00
    MQ-American Values Again (AVA)
    +3
    As to the first question: Sounds good ....
    As to the second question: close the tax/other loopholes so corporations can afford to keep jobs in this country .....
  • FeelHoo... MQ-Amer... 2012/06/04 15:27:17
    FeelHood H. Obama~BN28
    +1
    "can afford"

Oh, they can afford it.

Plus, the more Americans that are employed - the more Americans pay taxes & pump consumer money back into our economy. People in India earning American dollars are going to spend that money in India.
  • MQ-Amer... FeelHoo... 2012/06/04 23:02:51
    MQ-American Values Again (AVA)
    +2
    FH ... perhaps some of the major corporations can afford it, but small business owners can barely stay alive with all the over-regulations put on 'um....
    _____
    I couldn't agree with you more... we need to get the now over 23 million under and/or un-employed back to work ... the sooner the better... and it doesn't seem Obama has done such a good job of that, yes?

I honestly do not believe Obama has a clue, and I don't totally blame him for his failures ... I blame the citizens who voted for the man who had no corporate business background on his resume at all.... a Jr. Senator with only 1.5 yrs experience, and most of that time he did not even show up to vote .. does not deem him qualified to be the President ... and in the last 3.5 yrs. his record as President is so abysmal, he can't even run on it, and if you've noticed, isn't discussing it ... his only choice is to change his narrative against his opponent by beating up on him .... and frankly that's the only thing I see anywhere near the so called "transparency" he promised ... and it's sad and disgusting all at the same time ... sad because had the GOP not screwed Hillary of the nomination, and Obama had waited another 4-8 yrs and got some experience under his belt, he may very well have been a good president ... he was j...

_____

I honestly do not believe Obama has a clue, and I don't totally blame him for his failures ... I blame the citizens who voted for the man who had no corporate business background on his resume at all.... a Jr. Senator with only 1.5 yrs experience, and most of that time he did not even show up to vote .. does not deem him qualified to be the President ... and in the last 3.5 yrs. his record as President is so abysmal, he can't even run on it, and if you've noticed, isn't discussing it ... his only choice is to change his narrative against his opponent by beating up on him .... and frankly that's the only thing I see anywhere near the so called "transparency" he promised ... and it's sad and disgusting all at the same time ... sad because had the GOP not screwed Hillary of the nomination, and Obama had waited another 4-8 yrs and got some experience under his belt, he may very well have been a good president ... he was just a little boy given a grown up mans job.. and he couldn't, and hasn't, handled it well ... nor can he if he's given another 4 yrs... that's how I see it, and my mind can't be changed.... the only change I want to see is who our next president is...
    Nope.. no matter how hard he begs for another 4 years... it's over for him... or it's over for America! If he were in the private sector, he would have been fired at the end of his first year...
    nobama 2012
  • FeelHoo... MQ-Amer... 2012/06/05 00:23:28
    FeelHood H. Obama~BN28
    +1
    "and it doesn't seem Obama has done such a good job of that, yes? "

If Obama was a dictator, he could make this happen. However, he has to deal with "Waterloo" DeMint, McConnell's "goals, Eric "Cannot", The Orange Speaker and the rest of the anti-American GOTea who want the USA to fail under a Democrat POTUS named 'Hussein'.

Now, since I don't deify Wall Street, I'll vote for the candidate who has the American People's best interests at heart.

I'm sorry but, Romney is not the answer for me. My mind won't be changed on that. Since the GOP caused most of these problems & have no interest in fixing these problems, I'm voting 'Democrat' across the board. Bonus points, if the candidates are truly Liberal & Progressive.

But, hey.... funny pictures, huh? Keep those coming.

obama 2012
  • MQ-Amer... FeelHoo... 2012/06/05 05:50:39
    MQ-American Values Again (AVA)
    It was the American people who put their trust in this man and voted for him as president ... so why would they want him to fail? His failure is our failure ... we're feeling the pain of it ... apparently he isn't even aware of it...
    nobama 2012
  • FeelHoo... MQ-Amer... 2012/06/05 06:00:40
    FeelHood H. Obama~BN28
    +1
    It's OK to ignore the worst Congress ever and their plot to slow up recovery until a Republican's back in the White House.

Every sane America sees through this GOP "Party Above Country" plot and will address it accordingly this November.

The pain is real. However, it's a bit disingenuous to blame the one person that's trying to help.

Obama's failure: Entertaining the false notion of bipartisan at the most critical moment in our time since the Great Depression.

Now, why are we talking about racism...?
  • MQ-Amer... FeelHoo... 2012/06/05 07:15:05
    MQ-American Values Again (AVA)
    Why? Here's why.... Obama and his followers have been accusing anyone who disagrees with him of wanting him to fail because he is a black man from day one ... even right here on this thread, I was called racist at least 10 times by little sockies too cowardly to say it to my face under their true avatar... and it's gotten old and tired ... I myself don't care if he's purple and from outter space ... he's still not the man for the job IMO ... your opinion is different and you have a right to it, and I respect it...

"If Obama was a dictator, he could make this happen. However, he has to deal with "Waterloo" DeMint, McConnell's "goals, Eric "Cannot", The Orange Speaker and the rest of the anti-American GOTea who want the USA to fail under a Democrat POTUS named 'Hussein'."
  • FeelHoo... MQ-Amer... 2012/06/05 08:40:31
    FeelHood H. Obama~BN28
    +2
    I don't believe you are a racist & I can't speak for cowardly socks but,...

...there is no way anyone can convince me that racism doesn't exist in the GOP/FOXNews/Beck/Limbaugh bubble - especially in the last four years.

The GOP is salty because the Dems beat the GOP to the Large Voting Tent. Why didn't the GOP nominate Steele or Keyes in 2008?

Either way, the Dems was going to make history & increase their voting tent with either Hillary or Obama.

The GOP's only comeback was to dig their heels in & bring America to a grinding halt and blame it on the Dems. Hillary would've caught this too had she won - talk about the "GOP's War on Women".

I don't call "anyone who disagrees with Obama" a racist. I have a few caveats with the POTUS, myself.

However, people who bring faceless accusations and call his wife a monkey (or whatever).....well, I call that what that really is.

You're not racist. I believe that.

Let's not pretend that it doesn't exist and that it's not a factor.
  • MQ-Amer... FeelHoo... 2012/06/08 21:04:59
    MQ-American Values Again (AVA)
    +1
    I've never pretended that racism does not exist ... it exists within both the white and the black communities and it exists within both the democrat and the republican parties... is it less prevalent than it was years ago, yes? But sadly, since Obama arrived on the scene, sadly I have seen racism revert to what it was back in the 50's/60's ... how very very sad...
  • MQ-Amer... FeelHoo... 2012/06/05 07:16:53
    MQ-American Values Again (AVA)
    Lest you forget ... Obama had he presidency, the senate and the house for the first 2 years of his term... so let's not blame the GOP for that... Obama got everything he wanted.. the problem is it was not what the country wanted.. and it hasn't worked... none of it...
  • FeelHoo... MQ-Amer... 2012/06/05 08:46:33
    FeelHood H. Obama~BN28
    +1
    "so let's not blame the GOP for that..."

Hmm, I think I'm going to blame McConnell and his historic record of Senate filibustering.

Obama didn't get everything he wanted - not by a longshot.

Even the ACA is a big win for privatized medicine 7 health insurance. It's basically Romneycare.

I wanted Single-Payer, or at least the Public Option.

Almost everything has been watered down by the GOP, decimating the intended effectiveness what was ever proposed.

America sees the GOP holding America's recovery hostage just to spite one man. November will be interesting, indeed.
  • MQ-Amer... FeelHoo... 2012/06/08 21:06:21
    MQ-American Values Again (AVA)
    Let me be honest... I pray Obama does not get a 2nd term.. because if he does end up getting all he wants... America will be screwed ....
  • FeelHoo... MQ-Amer... 2012/06/09 05:29:24
    FeelHood H. Obama~BN28
    I'll be honest:

The GOP hasn't produced a better nominee.
  • Michaelene FeelHoo... 2012/06/04 12:31:31
    Michaelene
    +5
    Please explain the Bush tax cuts, then we'll talk taxes. BTW, I'm an accountant and have been preparing taxes since 1987.
  • FeelHoo... Michaelene 2012/06/04 15:31:10 (edited)
    FeelHood H. Obama~BN28
    +1
    Bush sold the idea of his magical tax cuts as a strong incentive for American corporations & businesses to keep jobs on American soil.

The Bush Tax Cuts were implemented & jobs still went overseas - during wartime.

Ten years later, we're screwed & being manipulated into believing that repealing these Bush Tax Cuts was "Socialism" or some other made-up B.S.

In order to help save the MIddle Class from nonexistence, keep them in place for the Middle Class and lower while repealing them on the %1 percent jackasses that's been scamming the rest of us since Reagan was sworn in.

You're a CPA. Wouldn't you have extensive knowledge about the Bush Tax Cuts?
  • Michaelene FeelHoo... 2012/06/05 14:49:57
    Michaelene
    Yes, I do know much about the bush tax cuts, do you?

You are the first person I've ever heard that says repealing them is socialism.

Don't worry about the 1%, 129,000 less millionaires in America, means less people to villianize.
  • FeelHoo... Michaelene 2012/06/05 17:56:07 (edited)
    FeelHood H. Obama~BN28
    +1
    I'm not against the rich.

I'm against the corruptors & criminals in the 1%.

"You are the first person I've ever heard that says repealing them is socialism."

Then, you must not follow politics closely.
  • Michaelene FeelHoo... 2012/06/05 18:19:14
    Michaelene
    +1
    I do follow politicians and their work or lack thereof.
    I'm not into op eds aka spin aka opinion based politics.

I cannot see a connection between the Bush tax cuts and socialism. It wouldn't be the first time I have not been able to connect the dots at first impression.
    Can you enlighten me?

I'm against ALL criminals and corruptors regardless of net worth.
  • FeelHoo... Michaelene 2012/06/06 00:22:58
    FeelHood H. Obama~BN28
    +1
    "I cannot see a connection between the Bush tax cuts and socialism."

No sane person (including myself) can. It doesn't meant that myths like that are floated out there in the political arena.

This isn't about me enlightening you on the connection. It's about me reminding you that people are disingenuously making that false connection for political gain in order to get out of paying their fair share of taxes.

"I'm against ALL criminals and corruptors regardless of net worth."

This, we have in common.
  • Michaelene FeelHoo... 2012/06/06 00:33:04
    Michaelene
    So where did you hear this that repealing the Bush tax cuts was socialist?
    Who said this?
  • FeelHoo... Michaelene 2012/06/06 00:49:17
  • Michaelene FeelHoo... 2012/06/06 13:23:56
    Michaelene
    +1
    thanks I'll try to see what it's all about
  • SK-pro ... MQ-Amer... 2012/06/05 03:43:37
  • Old Salt C-ZAR™,... 2012/06/02 21:47:58
  • C-ZAR™,... Old Salt 2012/06/02 23:05:55
    C-ZAR™, Emperor of the PHÆT
    +3
    Oh yeah, Reagan RAISED taxes 6 times!--Obama has CUT taxes for the richest 1%so that's why It's 9 times worse!
  • tff~PWC... C-ZAR™,... 2012/06/03 00:35:24
  • C-ZAR™,... tff~PWC... 2012/06/03 01:12:23
    C-ZAR™, Emperor of the PHÆT
    +3
    or so Fox tells you
  • Old Salt C-ZAR™,... 2012/06/03 17:50:41
  • DJL C-ZAR™,... 2012/06/02 22:14:02
    DJL
    +6
    And he made things so much worse.
  • C-ZAR™,... DJL 2012/06/03 01:13:43
    C-ZAR™, Emperor of the PHÆT
    +4
    & Romney will make things so much better...
  • DJL C-ZAR™,... 2012/06/03 02:56:32
    DJL
    +7
    Yes he will and when Obama is found ineligible the laws and executive orders he has signed will be voided. Some of Obama's damage will be undone.
  • Latti I... DJL 2012/06/03 03:49:07
    Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of PHAET
    +4
    If you have been paying attention; you would know Romney has agreed to every single Obama stance until recent times. What does that tell you? He agreed with the stimulus package, tarp and the bailout bills. You are just letting yourself be fooled, because you are desperate to get Obama out. At least put in a different person and not his clone.

2014/10/25 17:32:03