"I Didn’t Vote for Obama in 2008, but I’ll be First To Do So in 2012" by Fay Paxton

FeelHood H. Obama~BN28 2012/05/27 20:10:28
Obama 2012
Romney 2012
Paul 2012

I Didn’t Vote for Obama in 2008, but I’ll be First To Do So in 2012

Obama 2012 Forward

(By Fay Paxton, cross-posted at The Pragmatic Pundit)

During the campaign, I was thousands of miles away, but as I watched it unfold, it was painfully obvious to me that America is nowhere near being post-racial and the southern strategy is not dead. I knew, that if elected, Barack Obama would become the object of the keenest scrutiny any President has ever been subjected to and his race, birthplace, indeed birthright and religion would dominate social concerns. America has not disappointed me.

It is sad to hear “disappointed” supporters wax naively about the President’s failures like political professionals who know everything about foreign policy, legislative bargaining and the government budgetary process. More often than not, I find they’re armed with little more than talking points, an entrenched ideology, reflections of an impossible ideal that borders close to God-like or are just plain old racists.

As I’ve watched President Obama labor against impossible odds, one thing became obvious to me, I would cast my vote for him in 2012 because his presidency calls upon all the ugliness that this nation needs to face. And there are other reasons:

1. I’ll vote for Obama because I like the idea that Wall Street has soured on the president. It tells me they didn’t get from him what they wanted and more importantly, because they’re withholding their support, he won’t be obligated to them. Besides, I have a problem with a group of grown men who have the nerve to feel sensitive after nearly toppling the entire economy.

Like the corporations that park their profits (profits they earned in America, from Americans) offshore because they want to be unregulated and untaxed, they’re holding the nation hostage. I’ll vote for Obama because I don’t want to pay the ransom.

From: CNN Money

Companies seek tax break for overseas profits

The tax holiday would lower the corporate tax rate to 5.25% for big companies such as the bill’s proponents — including Google, Oracle and Cisco — if they move their overseas profits to the United States.

Note: Generally, the U.S. corporate tax rate stands at 35%. I challenge anyone to name a corporation that pays 35% after all the tax cuts, tax credits, loopholes, deductions and subsidies. Costs are rising to do offshore business. Corporations are people…let them behave like all other American people and pay their taxes!

If you believe Obama’s policies are crippling when the stock market has reached an all-time high, you’re an idiot.

2. I’ll vote for Obama because I appreciate the distance of so many members of the 1%. They have made out like bandits and have the nerve to still be unhappy with their share. They receive all the tax cuts, tax credits and subsidies; still it isn’t enough. How much money does one person need?

Some complain that the wealthy pay 40% of the income taxes…they control 80% of the wealth, so I’m not certain they shouldn’t pay 80% of the taxes. If you live in this country, you pay taxes…buy a candybar.

3. I’ll vote for Obama to show the elite they can’t buy the government. The likes of Sheldon Adelson can give a candidate $20 million, but he still only has ONE vote. The Koch brothers can finance all the Tea Parties they desire, but in the end, they can each only submit one vote. Voters can defeat Citizens United. My vote for Obama will be a strike against corporate rule.

4. I’ll vote for Obama to uphold and celebrate the diversity that is America; to defy and deny all the racist rhetoric that has consumed the nation since his election. The divisive tactics politicians and the corporate media employ will continue as long as they know it works. I’ll vote to stop the deliberate attempts to drive a wedge between races, to stop disparage of minorities and the Gay community.

5. I’ll vote for Obama because the nation never respected his election, as if they had the right to disregard the votes of millions of Americans; to disavow their voting rights with the delegitimization of a candidate who was duly elected by the people.

Limbaugh: ‘I Hope Obama Fails’ 1/16/2009

GOP’s Anti-Obama Campaign Started Night Of Inauguration

‘If we’re able to stop Obama on this it will be his Waterloo’ 7/20/2009

MCCONNELL: The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president. 10/25/2010

The Plot Against Barack Obama 10/28/2010

6. I’ll vote for Obama because I’ve seen this Republican playbook before; when Clinton was in office and I can’t imagine how anyone could possibly forget, they were “the party of No” then too. Republicans even accused Clinton of murder.

They have no respect for the “whole” of America; they think they are the only ones who have a right to govern and will drive America to the brink of destruction for political gain. These were the headlines then:

Daily News 1990:
Legislators Say There’s No Money.

New York Times 1995
BATTLE OVER THE BUDGET: THE PRESIDENT; Budget Crisis Jeopardizes Clinton’s Diplomatic Plans
Los Angeles Times 1997
Clinton Office, Republican Congress Near an Impasse

CNN – 1995
Americans blame GOP for budget mess

Buffalo News 1995
GOP FRESHMEN AREN’T COMPROMISING

THIS OUTRAGEOUSLY PHONY BUDGET CRISIS

7. I’ll vote for Obama because I know history. After Blacks won office in 1875, whites reacted in much the same way many reacted after Obama’s election. Like the Tea Party, opposition groups were formed. They changed the registration rules, employed gerrymandering and wrote new laws. It was called the Mississippi Plan and Jim Crow was born. History is repeating itself.

8. I’ll vote for Obama because to me he isn’t the problem. He needs a Congress that wants to govern. He needs a party that supports his platform. He needs supporters who will stay engaged. I listen to the endless declarations about “disappointment” in the president and wonder how disappointed he is in his supporters who went homeand watched their hopes drown in “tea”.

“Change doesn’t roll in on the wheels of inevitability, but comes through continuous struggle.” Martin Luther King, Jr.

9. I’ll vote for Obama because I still believe “yes we can”. The ordinary citizen can make the difference. When I think about the worldwide support his candidacy elicited, I can’t help but think that America missed the opportunity to become the exception it claims to be had it not been more focused on the destruction of Obama than on the elevation of the nation.

10. I’ll vote for Obama because I don’t hold him responsible for the economy. Not only is he thesmallest spender since Eisenhower, but historytells us Republicans always “intentionally” sabotage the economy in order to extract huge sums of money from the working class.

Before the Great Depression, the U.S. Treasurer gave huge tax breaks to the wealthy. He believed,“The poor required little tax relief….they would just piss it away on food, clothing and shelter.”

For further Explanation, read #10 HERE

or read

Are Americans oblivious to History, stuck on Stupid or just ideological Idiots?

11. I’ll vote for Obama because Romney’s stint in politics as the Governor of Massachusetts proved he is incapable of transferring whatever he learned as a businessman to the management of a government economy, nor do I agree with his flippety-floppety positions; he makes it up as he goes.

Romney described himself as driven by a core economic credo, that capitalism is a form of “creative destruction.” What does that mean?

For further Explanation, read #11 HERE

and

Cory Booker and the Bain of Private Equity

12. I’ll vote for Obama because despite entrenched opposition and those who plotted against him even before he was sworn-in, he still accomplished so many things. I can only imagine what he could do with a little cooperation and support.

For further Explanation, read #12 HERE

Read More: http://www.winningprogressive.org/i-didnt-vote-for...

• CA Gal 2012/05/27 20:14:03
    Obama 2012
    CA Gal
    +20
    I did vote for President Obama in 2008 and will certainly vote for him again in 2012.

• **StarzAbove** 2012/06/11 01:35:43
    Obama 2012
    **StarzAbove**
  • RJ~PWCM~JLA 2012/06/07 11:19:09
    Romney 2012
    RJ~PWCM~JLA
    What a stupendous pile of specious drivel!
  • Seeker of Truth - War Wizard 2012/06/05 20:59:49
    Paul 2012
    Seeker of Truth - War Wizard
    If Paul were to have the GOP nomination, I'd vote for him... Of course, he's not going to, so I'll be voting for Romney (though I wish Cain wouldn't have been knocked out as he was a much better choice, or even Santorum or Gingrich). Next choice would be Gary Johnson.

I'd vote for Homer Simpson before voting for Obama, because I think even he would do less damage to the country.
  • Sheila 2012/06/05 19:25:59
    Romney 2012
    Sheila
    +1
    If you need just ONE reason how bout this one?? all the presidents debt vs obama debt
  • Proggy Sheila 2012/06/07 00:09:45
    Proggy
    +1
    Keep repeating a lie long enough and soon you even fool yourself into believing it...

repeating lie fool believing

The bulk of spending President Obama have done is on Bush's 2 unpaid for wars, unpaid for tax cuts for the rich, unpaid for Medicaid part D, etc...

• Sheila Proggy 2012/06/07 13:02:54
    Sheila
    Wow. Which part of the numbers I posted confused you? Or is the adding of the numbers that throws you off?
  • Proggy Sheila 2012/06/08 15:11:41
    Proggy
    +1
    The numbers you posted in your photoshopped joke didn't confuse me, they're simply a LIE.
  • Sheila Proggy 2012/06/08 15:30:37
    Sheila
    OF COOOUUURRRSE IT IS.
    Paul 2012
    +2
    First Paul, then Romney. I will not vote for Obama. Not before, and not now.
  • akgold 2012/06/05 14:41:55
    Romney 2012
    akgold
    +3
    Paxton and the rest of the Obama sycophants are the reason I will not be voting for Obama. Lies, ignorance, hate and hypocrisy the currency of Obama apologists.
  • American 2012/06/05 11:13:34
    Obama 2012
    American
    +2
    Romney is a psychopathic liar who will say anything if he thinks it will help him get elected president. I wouldn't trust him as far as I can throw him. He is so low he has to look up to see the bottom of his feet.
  • The Birdman ~ PWCM~JLA 2012/06/05 06:06:33
    Romney 2012
    The Birdman ~ PWCM~JLA
    +2
    O-Vomit sucks!
  • Red Branch 2012/06/05 04:05:31
    Romney 2012
    Red Branch
    +3
    Unless another candidate comes out of the convention.
  • SK-pro impeachment 2012/06/05 03:35:19
    Romney 2012
    SK-pro impeachment
    +6
    All she had to say was, "i'm voting for obama because i'm a Kommy Koolade drinking idiot." would have saved everyone a lot of wasted time reading this crap.
    I'll touch on one point only: OBAMA IS A 1%ER, moron!! DUH!!! Obama doesn't pay all his taxes while telling everyone to pay their fair share. WHAT A FLUKEN HYPOCRITE!!!! This article smells like
    load of crap
  • Phyl *In God i Trust* 2012/06/04 23:07:59
    Romney 2012
    Phyl *In God i Trust*
    +7
    I have never voted for obama and will not ever do so. backwards with obama backwards with obama move with obama.
  • cowboy 2012/06/04 21:19:10
    cowboy
    Piss poor choices, the lot of them....
  • Philo® ~PWCM~JLA ✩ 2012/06/04 19:45:28
    Romney 2012
    Philo® ~PWCM~JLA ✩
  • Phil 2012/06/04 04:54:23
    Paul 2012
    Phil
    +1
    It is terrible so many people support tyranny.
  • doc moto 2012/06/03 04:12:08
    doc moto
    +4
    The jury is still out and there are loads of articles that are pointing to all sides and some from the inside pointing out and a few from the outside pointing in! Anyway, here is a video that is quiet interesting to say the least! Hope you enjoy it as it will be a full-blown movie this Summer, maybe a block buster or a burst! Someone balloon will be broken and broken soon!
  • Michaelene 2012/06/03 03:46:43
    Michaelene
    +9
    I didn't vote for Obama because I worked for him and the DNC in 2008.
    I'll be the first to say No to Obama on election day.

There are other candidates to vote for in both parties if you must vote d or r. Need a list?
  • FeelHoo... Michaelene 2012/06/03 04:32:24
    FeelHood H. Obama~BN28
    +5
    Only a list of better candidates, yes.
  • Michaelene FeelHoo... 2012/06/03 06:36:34
    Michaelene
    +6
    better for who? that is subjective
  • FeelHoo... Michaelene 2012/06/03 16:36:02 (edited)
    FeelHood H. Obama~BN28
    +6
    "that is subjective"

That's very true.

Out of all of the candidates who ran in 2012, Obama is the best choice for me.

I'm sure there was a candidate or two whom you've deemed better for you.

You've offered a list...
  • Michaelene FeelHoo... 2012/06/04 12:29:22
    Michaelene
    +3
    Here are the list of candidate:
    Republicans are Mit Romney and ROn Paul.

Democrats are Barack Obama, John Wolfe Jr., Randall Terry, Darcy Richardson, Bob Ely, Keith Russell Judd, Jim Rogers and Vermin Supreme
  • FeelHoo... Michaelene 2012/06/04 15:22:59
    FeelHood H. Obama~BN28
    +5
    Vermin Supreme. Hmmm....

I'm a diagnosed equinophobe so, no free ponies for me.

Out of everyone on this list, I'll stick with the incumbent.

Thanks for the list. I'm going to research the Dems' list.
  • Michaelene FeelHoo... 2012/06/05 14:42:45
    Michaelene
    +3
    No problem, you're welcome.
    You have a right to vote for who you want, but you should also be aware that there are others who do not want to vote for Obama but will not vote for a republican. SO people should know they have options.
    Same goes for the people who wont vote democrat, there is an option.
  • FeelHoo... Michaelene 2012/06/05 17:53:54
    FeelHood H. Obama~BN28
    +2
    That's fair.
  • painted... Michaelene 2012/06/05 04:23:29
    painted desert
    +3
    You forgot a few of those with Robmey. Like Karl Rove, and the Koch Brothers.
  • Michaelene painted... 2012/06/05 14:45:33
    Michaelene
    +1
    What are you talking about?
    The people you mention are not candidates and are also not a part of this discussion. go find a poll with that topic and stop wasting my time.
  • painted... Michaelene 2012/06/06 02:37:35
    painted desert
    Well than you don't know Robmey very well. These are the people with their hand up Robmey ass doing all the talking. You didn't have to answer me, did you? Bye now.
  • Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of ... 2012/06/03 01:22:39
    Paul 2012
    Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of PHAET
    +2
    Or Gary Johnson.
  • tff~PWCM~JLA 2012/06/03 00:29:24
    Romney 2012
    tff~PWCM~JLA
    +7
    Fay Paxton is a dumb-ass!
  • TruBluTopaz 2012/06/03 00:20:54
    Romney 2012
    TruBluTopaz
    +9
    More proof that liberalism is a mental illness.
  • Old Poet 2012/06/02 22:57:44
    Romney 2012
    Old Poet
    +15
    It never ceases to amaze me how all sides use visual aides to show their bias. A nice picture of Obama, while pictures of Romney and Paul are aped. If you can't ask a question without biased pictorial aides, you don't really don't want to know the answer do you? I will vote for Romney because Paul can't win the nomination. Mr. Obama has been one of the worst occupants of tHe White House since General Grant disgraced those halls.

I don't doubt he really believes that what he is doing is right but that he can't see the error of his ways proves my point. His economic plan to spend us out of recession has been a disaster. I have been a Democrat all my life but I have switched to register as an Independent. He has surrounded himself with intellectual minds who are morally banckupt.

You are welcome to hate me or love me as you wish but I will always tell where I stand on any issue. If he would only put all the cards on the table, I could have some respect for him but I am convinced his policies are not in the best interest of America.

By the way, if you think this is racist in any way, I have my left kidney in a jar, destroyed finally from the beating it took in 1963 in a civil rights march. I was a college student and the only white man among those marching in a small...

By the way, if you think this is racist in any way, I have my left kidney in a jar, destroyed finally from the beating it took in 1963 in a civil rights march. I was a college student and the only white man among those marching in a small southern town. A white deputy struck me 42 times with his stick as we marched. Two black gentlemen helped me stay on my feet while begging me to sit down and not march. No one else was touched. I paid my dues, did you? I almost kept me from Hell..

When ayone on hear has paid those kind of dues, you are welcome to play that race card. Voting against someone because of their race is RACISM. Voting for someone because of their race is RACISM. Grow up and debate the real issues.

Why Romney? Because he understands the creation of wealth whether by individuals or a country. Is he better man than Obama? Like the lady said, "WHAT'S LOVE GOT TO DO WITH IT?"

i DON'T CARE HOW ANYONE HERE VOTES, JUST DO IT! I HAVE SACRIFICED FOR YOUR DAMN RIGHT TO DO SO AND WOULD DO IT ALL OVER AGAIN!
  • Dee Old Poet 2012/06/03 02:46:55
    Dee
    +4
    Thank you.
  • Old Poet Dee 2012/06/05 16:10:12
    Old Poet
    +1
    You are welcome
  • 56lady☆POTL JLA BTO-t- BCRA... 2012/06/02 22:21:21
    Romney 2012
    56lady☆POTL JLA BTO-t- BCRA-F's
  • SK-pro ... 56lady☆... 2012/06/05 03:40:50
    SK-pro impeachment
    +2
    obama is about as useless as:
    screen door on a submarine
  • Rogue_Loner 2012/06/02 11:14:10
  • C-ZAR™,... Rogue_L... 2012/06/02 12:01:20
    C-ZAR™, Emperor of the PHÆT
    +7
    Don't vote for Obama because of skin color, vote because he's the best man for the job

2014/10/22 21:07:22