I am NOT for gun control, but the assault rifle has no place in our society, its only purpose is to kill many fast..what say you?.....LETS take a firm stand in honor of our babies........

hazel 2012/12/17 19:29:00
THE FIRST FUNERALS START TODAY . I say also make a very stiff penalty any one caught with one....GOD bless our babies and teachers and all their familes and friends.......GOD BLESS AMERICA

• melly~thwarting Satan since... 2012/12/18 05:41:38
    I agree no more assault rifles
    melly~thwarting Satan since 1971
    +14
    I say I can't believe we finally agree on something. And not to sound condescending, because I'm not trying to...but, I'm proud of you.

The lives of our children are the price of our freedom. I choose the children.

• David (oYo) 2012/12/21 09:55:15
  • stevegt... David (... 2012/12/29 17:58:08
  • David (... stevegt... 2012/12/29 18:16:01
  • rich 2012/12/20 00:11:05
    I agree no more assault rifles
    rich
    +3
    It has to start somewhere.
  • Live Free Or Die 2012/12/19 22:40:31
    I agree no more assault rifles
    Live Free Or Die
    +2
    I agree. Enough is enough..
  • charles nelson 2012/12/19 16:36:20
    I think guns should be banned so only the bad people will have guns
    charles nelson
    then we will know who the bad people are and then try to make them nice.... is that stupid?
  • Danielle lamonica 2012/12/19 15:30:42
    I have a different answer
    Danielle lamonica
    +1
    the people who want guns,rifle's whichever to do harm to others will get it off the street FROM OBAMA or where ever they can. How about we get strict on criminals and put them to death right away,track them,chip them,control them do whatever it takes so they hurt nobody. Than that smaller percent of the population that are mental/criminal can be controlled better or we can just ship them to liberal states! lmao
  • hazel Daniell... 2012/12/19 15:47:48
    hazel
    +1
    now there is a good idea
  • Daniell... hazel 2012/12/19 16:04:11
    Danielle lamonica
    +1
    thank you,it would save tons of tax dollars too!
  • JULIE Daniell... 2012/12/20 01:58:37
    JULIE
    +1
    Seems that most of these multiple killings are usually done with a gun they was obtained legally.
  • Sissy 2012/12/19 14:42:39
    I agree no more assault rifles
    Sissy
    +4
    Or the lethal magazines that accompany them. I also want the gun-show loopholes closed, background checks and repeal of the right to sell guns off the internet or by "secondary leaders".
  • Risk Sissy 2012/12/19 14:50:26
    Risk
    +2
    Hi Dear, You may not be aware of it but guns sold via the internet " HAVE " to be shipped to a FFL holder where the buyer must pick them up from and fill out the Federal Forms required. Gun shows, that is a major problem as there are bad apples there that do under the table sales. Most are honest but the bad ones need to be weeded out !
  • Sissy Risk 2012/12/20 01:11:15
    Sissy
    +2
    But how can so many of these weapons be in so many bad hands then? Further, why would any responsible, serious hunter want one? Why are we the only country in the world that allows weapons used in wars on our streets? Why are magazines that can fire off 30 rounds a second even sold?

Why, why why?
  • Risk Sissy 2012/12/20 13:47:47
    Risk
    +3
    First of all your question " Why are magazines that can fire off 30 rounds a second even sold? " Your talking about a machine gun that could even come close to firing ammo that fast and machine guns are highly regulated, many many rules and none of these tragic incidents were done with a machine gun ! They used semi automatics. Just wanted to clear that up.
    We are not the only country. Take for example, Switzerland has more assault rifles per household then any country in the world ( they actually have the full auto machine guns you referred to. ) Yet they have none of these problems ! Guns are not the " REAL " problem, it falls back on society. Look at what the MSM does, in making these sick bastards infamous ! 24/7 we see this dork's photo, his name, who he is etc etc, Believe me there are as we speak more sicko's out there right now planning more of this because they want to be famous of infamous like the MSM has made this sicko.
    Take a look at the video games we allow young children to play involving death and destruction, they grow up playing this shyt because stupid parents allow it. I think it's time we have stricter gun controls in certain areas that mean something and we need to stop this MSM mass coverage of these tragic incidents as well as not allowing these sick ...

Take a look at the video games we allow young children to play involving death and destruction, they grow up playing this shyt because stupid parents allow it. I think it's time we have stricter gun controls in certain areas that mean something and we need to stop this MSM mass coverage of these tragic incidents as well as not allowing these sick video games in the hands of children.
    Now as guns go, this country has over a hundred million of them and no way possible we could get rid of them but we damn well could do much better control on how and to who they are sold and especially gun shows. Make SEVERE penalties on those who would buy a gun for someone else and make a law no one can sell or transfer any firearm unless it's done through a FFL dealer. For example many guns go to auctions, most auctions require a buyer to go to an FFL dealer to register that gun... BUT NOT ALL ! If a private individual wants to sell his gun to a friend he should be again required to make the transaction through a FFL dealer, this way there will be a record of that gun and who has it and " if they qualify to buy it ".
    These are the kind of things that would be of much help in curtailing these kind of tragedy's from happening. Just outlawing a semi auto rifle would have little if any effect.

HOPE YA HAS A GOOD XMAS ! ; )
  • mich52 Risk 2012/12/20 18:17:37
  • Risk mich52 2012/12/20 19:00:20
    Risk
    +1
    Thanks Friend. ; )
  • leslie 2012/12/19 08:41:12
    I agree no more assault rifles
    leslie
    +3
    On this singular issue we may find a common ground.
    I believe that assault style weapons only have a place in Society if they are handled by truly professional marksmen Military/Police personnel.

BUT

WE ALSO MUST LOOK AT THE ROOT CAUSES OF THESES TRAGEDIES.
    MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES MUST BE ADDRESSED AND TREATED AGGRESSIVELY OR THIS WILL HAPPEN AGAIN.
  • hazel leslie 2012/12/20 17:35:21
    hazel
    WISH IT WERE THAT EASY...I HAVE DEALT WITH THIS ISSUE IN MY OWN FAMILY AND IT IS NEXT TO IMPOSSIBLE TO GET HELP UNLESS THE PERSON TRIES TO HARM THEMSELVES OF OTHERS,........THEN THEY might HELP ..UN LESS YOU CAN AFFORD 1OO GRAND A YEAR TO PUT THEM IN A HOSPITAL
  • Wulfdane 2012/12/18 18:29:24 (edited)
    I have a different answer
    Wulfdane
    +2
    Have you heard of the "Bath School disaster"? A man killed 38 elementary students (not including teachers and other adults). What weapon do you think was used? It wasn't a gun, it was a bomb.

Timothy McVeigh killed 168 people with a bomb. The Happy Land Fire incident where a man murdered 87 people, used gasoline as his weapon of choice.

Murder today is at its lowest rate in over 40 years, yet because of the media you would never know it. Yet every time something bad happens, people think they can social engineer society into some Utopia. Create a bigger government that takes away more of our rights, so we an live under the lie that we are building a utopia.

Nirvana is not for this world and if you are willing to trade away freedom for the illusion security, you then create something far worse. All we can do is enforce the laws on the books and try to keep weapons out of the hands of felons and the mentally ill.
  • hazel Wulfdane 2012/12/18 18:44:08
    hazel
    thank you for your post so much
  • Wulfdane hazel 2012/12/18 18:52:19 (edited)
    Wulfdane
    +1
    Guns is the excuse, not the cause.

I believe you to be a good and honest person, whose heart is in the right place. I do not fault you for that. I know you are horrified by what happened and like all of us, you want answers/solutions.

The question is, how far are you willing to go? Do you think other people will share your limits? If we keep chipping away at our rights every time something tragic happens, what does our country look like when we have reached the end of that road?

You will never completely stop these types of crimes, but you can lessen the chance of these crimes happening *if* you understand the *cause*. So rather than focus on what rights we can limit, we need to focus on *cause*.
  • hazel Wulfdane 2012/12/19 00:37:19
    hazel
    Thank you so much I am thinking your right as I have now said I have to be careful not to (tHink) with my heart
  • mich52 Wulfdane 2012/12/18 19:46:34
  • Sissy Wulfdane 2012/12/19 14:44:07
    Sissy
    +2
    No one said that there are not other means to slaughter, but it is also a fact that such killings with assault weapons diminished while the ban against them was in place.
  • elijahin24 2012/12/18 16:54:58
    I agree no more assault rifles
    elijahin24
    +3
    It's a Festivus Miracle!!! You and I are in agreement on something!!!
  • lm1b2 2012/12/18 16:44:32
    I have a different answer
    lm1b2
    +1
    A semi auto is not a assault rifle, Assault riffles are fully auto,and our already banned DAU!
  • A Found... lm1b2 2012/12/18 20:52:22 (edited)
    A Founding Father
    +3
    Really, and how did you come by that definition?

Given the fact that fully automatic weapons have been banned for decades, remind us of when you last heard of one being used in a mass murder within our borders. How many have been killed by these banned weapons in the past fifty years, that you can identify?

With the weapons not banned, more than 444,000 have been killed in the U.S. by guns since WWII, which is more than all who died in the war. Since Vietnam, more have died by gunfire than were killed in that war. Since we invaded Iraq, more than 130,000 have been killed here in the U.S. by gunfire. Millions have been wounded, several times more than we have brought home from all these wars. Does that tell a story worth repeating?
    We engage in warfare among ourselves as if we were nothing greater than Somalia, or
    Sudan, yet we won't admit it because of the profits made by the manufacturers. Today CNN is reporting "stock prices of gun manufacturers are soaring". That's us, murderous fools riding a sled to third world status.

Let me know how you determined that only fully automatic guns are "assault" weapons.
  • themadh... A Found... 2012/12/19 00:43:05 (edited)
    themadhare ~IJM
    +1
    It's the real definition; a medium powered, capable of selecting between full auto and semi-auto, providing firepower between a pistol and a rifle.
  • A Found... themadh... 2012/12/19 04:50:13
    A Founding Father
    Tell me where this definition is found that I should consider it "official" or authoritative.
  • themadh... A Found... 2012/12/19 04:59:50 (edited)
    themadhare ~IJM
    to lazy to look it up yourself? Start with wikipedia. Then try a military history section of a library. Unless you're just another motormouthing deadbeat.
  • A Found... themadh... 2012/12/19 05:03:56
    A Founding Father
    See, you haven't a clue where this definition you invented might be found. Then, like a true nutcase you attempt to create a conflict and diversion from you hollow premise. I guess you to be maybe twelve or fifteen years old. Am I close enough?
  • themadh... A Found... 2012/12/19 05:05:25
    themadhare ~IJM
    I just told you where to find it. And no little boy, you're way way off.
  • mich52 A Found... 2012/12/19 05:13:29
  • A Found... mich52 2012/12/19 05:18:52 (edited)
    A Founding Father
    I understand. Of course, the term "assault rifle" or "assault weapon" is whatever the speaker wants it to be. Like a "fast car" or a "race car", it is generic and can be a this or that.

I tried to help Senator Feinstein define "Assault Weapons" as she worked on the "ban" legislation in 1994. Congress screwed around with the wording so as to leave manufacturers sufficient loopholes to
    circumvent important parts of the legislation by slight modifications to the basic platforms that should have been eliminated then.
  • mich52 themadh... 2012/12/19 05:15:51
  • themadh... mich52 2012/12/19 05:23:42 (edited)
    themadhare ~IJM
    They possess "stopping power", but the idea behind the assault rifle is to reduce the recoil, allowing for more accuracy at a high rate of fire. All the assault rifles in the crimes being discussed here are .223 caliber or the .30 caliber 7.62X39mm. Neither have the high power of the 30-06 or .308.

Check out the wikkipedia article. It's quite good.

In particular, it discusses the difference between "assault rifle", a military term, and "assault weapon", a legal term. This is the source of a lot of confusion/miscommunication.
  • mich52 themadh... 2012/12/19 06:01:38 (edited)
  • themadh... mich52 2012/12/19 18:13:49 (edited)
    themadhare ~IJM
    I said 7.62X39... very different from the 7.62X51.

But hey, you actually read the article; that puts you ahead of most of the liberal pack.
  • mich52 themadh... 2012/12/19 18:29:16 (edited)
  • themadh... mich52 2012/12/19 18:36:46
    themadhare ~IJM
    Ah, my mistake.... You're back there with the rest of the idiots.

2014/09/01 13:53:10