I am a Proud Conservative: Do You Stand With Me?

J Montana 2012/01/01 21:41:40
With all that is wrong in the world today, we still carry around our need to thrive and our will to survive at all costs. Our nation is in the worst economic trouble that we have seen in decades. I hear the words" I want change". What does that mean exactly? As a Nation struggling to take care of our own, we are failing and falling short. I see us putting our faith in our Nation's leaders instead of worrying what is in our own backyard.

Many great leaders will come and go. Will our needs be met during our lifetime? My fear is that no, they will not. We are so divided as a nation, now more than ever before, and it is pushing us further and further from the goals that we seek to solve and achieve to be that great Nation. With each new Commander in Chief that we choose, we hope for new miracles or promises to help us at least sustain our viability as we have come to be accustomed to for generations. Many of us fear that our God and our privileges are being stripped away from us. God is still on our money and in our Constitution.

I looked up the exact job descriptions for the Office of the President of the United States of America and for once I knew that our problems may just be getting started. The President is the chief and highest representative of the government and is also the head of his political party. His powers assigned or his duties are granted to him by the Constitution. He is given the power as Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces. The President of the United States of America is the head of the U.S. Military. As Commander in Chief, he can authorize the use of troops overseas without declaring war. To declare war officially, he must get the approval of the Congress. He is granted the power to make treaties, with two-thirds consent of the Senate. He embarks and receives ambassadors and other public ministers from foreign countries. He has the power to appoint ambassadors, Supreme Court justices, federal judges, and any officials as provided for by the Congress, with the approval of the Senate. And last but not least The commander in Chief gives an annual State of the Union Address to Congress. I never once read where he can turn water into wine.

The President is not capable of feeding our starving children, providing affordable Healthcare, or of changing the way our economy is headed for our future. These are not in his powers. Yet we stand and judge him and cast stones at him and the Great leaders that led our Nation in years past. He is human and has and will make mistakes. We can only help by casting a vote.

Congress can either stop or allow the President to declare a state of war with the exception of immediate foreign threat. There are two keys according to the Constitution to ignite the engine of war. Only through the approval of Congress can The President have and receive Federal funding for the war. I understand that many Americans feel that we were "fooled" by the Democratic National Committee into either voting for Obama or trying to trust that he will do the right thing by us, even if they did not vote for him. Then we see that there are Americans that want to lead rallies and protest to impeach a man that was voted in by the majority. I assure you of this, when he has not done his job, the powers given to him by the constitution, or broken a law, he would be impeached. He is here for now and you can cast a vote to keep him as your Commander in Chief or to give him the boot for the damage he has done for the past 3 years.

We all know that The Democratic party is trying to placate us because Obama has to be re- elected in 2012. I hear "Shhhh! Keep this out of the media, Obama has to be re-elected in 2012" and I feel that America will either choose to believe again or choose someone new to be in office. It is very rare that a President has not served two terms in office. It is up to Americans to vote. There is nothing that we can do to change the fact that Obama is our chosen President. I understand that it matters to those of us that did not vote for him and for those that did as well. They have eyes and will see it for what it is. Rest assured I will be there on voting day to vote him out.

We can agree or disagree that some Americans just go to far. I see friends being bashed by others that do not see the same views. I thought that I lived in America where everyone's opinion counts and should be respected. I have friends on both sides of the political arena and I respect them all. I will not associate with a Holier than thou person that thinks that their "Cause" is greater than a friendship. It is wrong. It says in 1 Corinthians Chapter 12 verses 20 - 26

20 But as it is, there are many parts, yet one body.

21 The eye cannot say to the hand, "I do not need you," nor again the head to the feet, "I do not need you."

22 Indeed, the parts of the body that seem to be weaker are all the more necessary,

23 and those parts of the body that we consider less honorable we surround with greater honor, and our less presentable parts are treated with greater propriety,

24 whereas our more presentable parts do not need this. But God has so constructed the body as to give
greater honor to a part that is without it,

25 so that there may be no division in the body, but that the parts may have the same concern for one another.

26 If (one) part suffers, all the parts suffer with it; if one part is honored, all the parts share its joy.

Bipartisanship mean compromise. I feel that we live in a era where the two parties of a divided nation have separated into gridlock. I see judgments passed and in some of your minds you have already tried and convicted those that have an opposing opinions, as well as on the previous and current President. The first Amendment to the Constitution assures us that we have a voice and that it should be heard. But at what cost? I am not saying that the Constitution of the United States should read like the Bible, but as you know from history it does. In the book of Luke it says "Be merciful, even as your Father is merciful. Judge not, and you will not be judged; condemn not, and you will not be condemned; forgive, and you will be forgiven; give, and it will be given to you; good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, will be put into your lap. For the measure you give will be the measure you get back." Luke 6:36-38

Instead of asking what Our Country and our President can do for us or has broken a promise not to do, would it be better to cast aside our selfishness and take responsibility for ourselves? I do not want to ask what can be given to me. Instead I would hope to have something taken away. I want the hatred for our brothers to be taken away. As the famous quote says, "What does it take to change to essence of a man?" The answer that was given was "Time" "I need time to change."

Until we take it upon ourselves to change and accept responsibility for what is in our own backyard, we are not going to be capable to cast aspersions on one another. But we still do. Each and every day society cast stones at what we do not understand and what we fear.

If you could take away one thing from your life , what would it be?

If you could take away one thing from this world, what choice would you make?

Do you stand with me?

Credit: What Would You Take Away? by J Montana

• joe ramirez 2012/01/01 21:46:13
    joe ramirez
    +30
    The only way this nation can survive is to return to our God, and ask him to forgive us for our national sins and blatant disrespect for him and his commandment's!

• DFA Nichola... 2012/01/06 03:01:14
  • Nichola... DFA 2012/01/07 01:27:50
    Nicholas Rios
    +1
    anyhoo... it sounded witty at the time.
  • shenendoah Nichola... 2012/01/07 19:33:22
    shenendoah
    I got a chuckle out of it.
  • John 2012/01/05 23:57:02
    John
    +4
    This is America and every single citizen in this great country is entitled to be a right wing conservative if that's what they want. But not me. I am a fairly liberal Democrat and I'm just as entitled to be that. I think this blogger should pay mored attention to the latest news. The economy is on a definite path to recovery. Maybe not as fast as we'd like, but it is happening. The unemployment numbers are definitely going down. Retail business is up considerably from the same time last year. Even big items like automobile sales are up considerably. If we keep on this path we will be OK. Right wing Republicans are always accusing Obama of being WAY, WAY left. But actually he is pretty moderate for a president from the Democratic Party. I know the right doesn't think so, but contrast him to other Democratic presidents and you'd have to agree with me. He is certainly more moderate then Johnson or Kennedy. Give him a chance while he's still in the White House. Come November you have a right to vote for whoever you like and if the Republican wins I hope I will be big enough to give him the respect every single president deserves.
  • Brother Bo John 2012/01/06 01:44:44
    Brother Bo
    +4
    Kennedy was the last decent democrat president we had. He knew and promoted that America needed a strong military instead of hating the military, (like Clinton and Obama). He knew that making America weak wouldn't make our enemies like us (unlike Obama). Remember, "Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country"? That is the total antithesis of the Obama doctrine. Johnson escalated the war in Viet Nam for his own personal financial gain.(His wife owned over 50% of Bell Helicopters used in the war and Johnson's cattle were sold to feed the military in the war) Obama wants everyone to be dependent on government. Call the bank... your reality check just bounced.
  • John Brother Bo 2012/01/07 23:33:27
    John
    When Kennedy was president the Soviet Union was still alive and kicking. We needed a stronger military then we do now. China was even a threat. Johnson was a very concientious president. All you have to do is look at videos and films of him at that time. I'll admit he should never have gotten us as deep as he did in Viet Nam. But don't forget, it was Eisenhower that got us in there to start with, Boy, I'm sure glad I don't have as much hate as you. And let me tell you right now. Kennedy was very liberal. But that was OK with me. How old are you any way. You obviously were not around at the time. However I'm 82 and I definitely was around. now I can just anticipate your answer accusing me of being senile. Try at least being civil. I've not been uncivil to you. Disagree if you must but no need to tell me to check the bank. I have a very good check on reality.
  • Brother Bo John 2012/01/09 14:26:44
    Brother Bo
    Hooray! 20,000 new jobs created in December, but 381,000 first time jobless claims in December. Maybe democrats learned a different kind of math (and that is part of the problem) but that seems more like a loss of 361,000 jobs. Why isn't Obama bragging about those numbers?
  • John Brother Bo 2012/01/09 21:13:42
    John
    You remind me of my brother-in-law. He's always coming up with figures to validate his point. I asked him where he got those figures and he said "Oh I make 'em up" The only news you listen to is obviously FOX.
  • Brother Bo John 2012/01/10 19:15:37
    Brother Bo
    http://www.marketwatch.com/st...

This is where I get my figures. Just Google "first time jobless claims December 2011" if you want numbers other than what Obama and Move On dot org and the Daily Kook tell you.
  • John Brother Bo 2012/01/12 00:12:27
    John
    I never tune in to Moveon.org. have no idea what you are talking about when you mention the Daily Kook. I watch CNN, MSNBC, NBC, CBS and ABC. PLEASE don't tell me to tune in to FOX news. Every single other news agencies are against their prejudice reporting.
  • Brother Bo John 2012/01/13 21:31:01
    Brother Bo
    I don't get Fox news because I can't afford it since Obama cost me my job. All I know is that you will NEVER get both sides of a story if you only watch the Obama worship channels, you will only see that Obama is AWESOME and republicans are EVIL and want everyone to die in the streets without housing or medicine. If Olberman leaned any further to the left he would fall over.
  • John Brother Bo 2012/01/13 22:08:34
    John
    Count yourself LUCKY if you can't get FOX News. It's nothing but a bunch of far, far to the right B.S. You could NEVER convince me that all of the other major networks are wrong and your great FOX is right. That would be impossible. I'm Tired of listening to your crap. G'bye
  • Kirk Torsten 2012/01/05 22:36:30
    Kirk Torsten
    +3
    Since we want to get biblical. Those who understand take heed.
    Revelation 18
    1And after these things I saw another angel come down from heaven, having great power; and the earth was lightened with his glory. 2And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird. 3For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.

4And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues. 5For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities. 6Reward her even as she rewarded you, and double unto her double according to her works: in the cup which she hath filled fill to her double. 7How much she hath glorified herself, and lived deliciously, so much torment and sorrow give her: for she saith in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow. 8Therefore shall her plagues come in one day, death, and mourning, and famine; and she shall...

Revelation 18

4And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues. 5For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities. 6Reward her even as she rewarded you, and double unto her double according to her works: in the cup which she hath filled fill to her double. 7How much she hath glorified herself, and lived deliciously, so much torment and sorrow give her: for she saith in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow. 8Therefore shall her plagues come in one day, death, and mourning, and famine; and she shall be utterly burned with fire: for strong is the Lord God who judgeth her.

9And the kings of the earth, who have committed fornication and lived deliciously with her, shall bewail her, and lament for her, when they shall see the smoke of her burning, 10Standing afar off for the fear of her torment, saying, Alas, alas, that great city Babylon, that mighty city! for in one hour is thy judgment come.

11And the merchants of the earth shall weep and mourn over her; for no man buyeth their merchandise any more: 12The merchandise of gold, and silver, and precious stones, and of pearls, and fine linen, and purple, and silk, and scarlet, and all thyine wood, and all manner vessels of ivory, and all manner vessels of most precious wood, and of brass, and iron, and marble, 13And cinnamon, and odours, and ointments, and frankincense, and wine, and oil, and fine flour, and wheat, and beasts, and sheep, and horses, and chariots, and slaves, and souls of men. 14And the fruits that thy soul lusted after are departed from thee, and all things which were dainty and goodly are departed from thee, and thou shalt find them no more at all. 15The merchants of these things, which were made rich by her, shall stand afar off for the fear of her torment, weeping and wailing, 16And saying, Alas, alas, that great city, that was clothed in fine linen, and purple, and scarlet, and decked with gold, and precious stones, and pearls! 17For in one hour so great riches is come to nought. And every shipmaster, and all the company in ships, and sailors, and as many as trade by sea, stood afar off, 18And cried when they saw the smoke of her burning, saying, What city is like unto this great city! 19And they cast dust on their heads, and cried, weeping and wailing, saying, Alas, alas, that great city, wherein were made rich all that had ships in the sea by reason of her costliness! for in one hour is she made desolate. 20Rejoice over her, thou heaven, and ye holy apostles and prophets; for God hath avenged you on her.

21And a mighty angel took up a stone like a great millstone, and cast it into the sea, saying, Thus with violence shall that great city Babylon be thrown down, and shall be found no more at all. 22And the voice of harpers, and musicians, and of pipers, and trumpeters, shall be heard no more at all in thee; and no craftsman, of whatsoever craft he be, shall be found any more in thee; and the sound of a millstone shall be heard no more at all in thee; 23And the light of a candle shall shine no more at all in thee; and the voice of the bridegroom and of the bride shall be heard no more at all in thee: for thy merchants were the great men of the earth; for by thy sorceries were all nations deceived. 24And in her was found the blood of prophets, and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth.
  • 99%Occu... Kirk To... 2012/01/05 22:53:33 (edited)
    99%OccupyRevolution
    +4
    I STAND WITH HIM...

OBAMA 3 OFDG
  • AnnS (A... 99%Occu... 2012/01/06 01:14:38
    AnnS (Anti-RP2012]
    +4
    How do you like that back?

obam bowing saudi
  • rightside AnnS (A... 2012/01/06 21:23:22
    rightside
    +1
    Oh! That's a good one!! LOL
  • V~POTL~... 99%Occu... 2012/01/06 05:42:26
  • Artist~... 99%Occu... 2012/01/06 05:59:18
    Artist~PWCM~
    +2
    Good luck with that...he sure doesn't have yours.
  • Kirk To... 99%Occu... 2012/01/06 09:16:05
    Kirk Torsten
    +2
    I cannot stand behind a President or a congress that just ripped the 4th amendment from the constitution. Sorry to hear that you can support people like that.
  • glen 99%Occu... 2012/01/07 02:44:00
    glen
    Thumbs down,
  • HillaryLover 2012/01/05 22:12:18
    HillaryLover
    +9
    No. I don't stand with you. I am a common sense progressive. Conservatives tend to be narrow-minded, bigoted, ideologues, hellbent on re-writing the Constitution to comport with their sinister beliefs.
  • 99%Occu... Hillary... 2012/01/05 22:19:05
    99%OccupyRevolution
    +1
    DON'T MISS THE CONCLUDING CHAPTER OF A LEGENDARY TALE!!

READY FOR THE SEQUEL!!
  • John 99%Occu... 2012/01/06 00:15:41
    John
    +1
    My God, How childish can an adult get. the above answers that question.
  • Hillary... 99%Occu... 2012/01/06 07:58:34
    HillaryLover
    +2
    I am a Hillary Clinton supporter. But I will take Obama over any Republican. It's the GOP ticket, stupid.
  • marcuss... Hillary... 2012/01/06 02:48:02
    marcuss LIBERALS ARE TRAITORS
    +3
    Wait isnt it Soetoro who is by passing the CONSTITUTION?

Who needs congress (DEMOCRAT CONTROLLED)

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/...
  • Karl Marx Hillary... 2012/01/06 02:51:45
    Karl Marx
    Couldn't have said it better myself.
  • Skeeter Hillary... 2012/01/06 02:53:34
    Skeeter
    +1
    No such thing.

I don't want to re-write anything just have it applied correctly.
  • usa #1 Hillary... 2012/01/06 18:42:14
    usa #1
    +2
    Wow. Well lets see Democrats support abortion, taking from the rich and giving it to the poor( socialism), and in case you have forgotten the rich employ the poor. They also support taking our guns away which is in in the second amendment which is under the Bill of Rights, so don't go blaming the republicans for trying to re-write the constitution when clearly the democrats are trying to do so. And the ACLU should support the second amendment as they have promised to protect the Bill of Rights, but they don't because it is run by flaming liberals. I'll discard the comment about being ideologues, because clearly you don't know what your talking about. Also, many democrats get their so called "information" from the Huffington Post, which is known for being mega libral and has made false accusations about republicans, and still does.
    Also democrats are notoriosly known for rioting, for stupid reasons. For example, during the GOP convention last elections they were outside breaking windows, attacking stores and cars, and some even assaulting the authorites who were holding them back. Talk about bigots, these people can't even respect others beliefs. So you and your party are full of hipocracy, and tend to blow smoke about things they talk about.
  • Hillary... usa #1 2012/01/06 22:45:47
    HillaryLover
    I respect your opinion, Usa, and I find merit in some of what you say. On any given day we might even agree on most things. But not this day.
  • usa #1 Hillary... 2012/01/06 23:29:12
    usa #1
    +3
    well agree or not I don't honestly care, but these are facts. Your attacking republicans and calling them names which aren't true. You want to be a democrat that's your right, but you want to throw names and blame, then someones gonna fight you on that.
  • Dave usa #1 2012/01/07 06:32:48 (edited)
    Dave
    Geez! You haven't a clue. The democrats only want to take away your guns because you are a delusional paranoid Right Wingnut.
  • usa #1 Dave 2012/01/07 09:52:51 (edited)
    usa #1
    +4
    What you just said made no sence, congrats sir..you fail, you now look like a liberal idiot who like I said, blows smoke when discussing a topic. Haha and you know how I know that you know I'm right?..becaues you attacked me with a stupid comeback rather than facts. But, then again democrats don't have facts on their side, so I guess you wouldn't be able to.
  • Dave usa #1 2012/01/07 19:07:18
    Dave
    Facts - facts- facts.... You aren't dealing in facts, so no matter what I come up with you'd never believe me. No one supports abortion, no one is trying to take your guns away, liberal- liberal - liberal -blah-blah-blah-Obama.

Where were you when W took use into two wars that had no bearing on anything?
  • usa #1 Dave 2012/01/07 19:46:11 (edited)
    usa #1
    Haha once again you didn't prove me wrong with facts, which in politics is most important, but then again itd be hard for you. Most people who support abortion are democrats (fact), most people who support gun contol are democrats (fact),and if democrats had their way than our guns would be taken, luckilty thats almost impossible to do. Don't act like Obama is for the 2nd amendment because I can show evidence that he clearly isn't, and nor are the ACLU.
    As for the wars, Bush went into Iraq to get sadam because he thought he had wmd's becuase Sadam even threatened that he had one, but then told our FBI later he had lied, i can shoe you the proof if you'd like. Ans plus now Iraq is free, we have a new ally, and there people aren't being slaughterd, so if you want to say the war was bad, than your supporting all of the above. And as for Afgan, Obama actually supports that war, I know because he has said it on numerous occations.
  • shenendoah Dave 2012/01/10 20:02:07
    shenendoah
    +1
    No, they want to take our guns for their own self preservation. Never know when conservatives are going to get their fill of liberal horse hockey and go hunting. TIC
  • Dave shenendoah 2012/01/11 06:59:04
    Dave
    Jesus!
  • AnnS (A... Hillary... 2012/01/06 22:26:17
    AnnS (Anti-RP2012]
    You are really misinformed: obama quote

"Obama rips U.S. Constitution

Faults Supreme Court for not mandating ‘redistribution of wealth’
    Published: 10/27/2008 at 1:46 PM

Seven years before Barack Obama’s “spread the wealth” comment to Joe the Plumber became a GOP campaign theme, the Democratic presidential candidate said in a radio interview the U.S. has suffered from a fundamentally flawed Constitution that does not mandate or allow for redistribution of wealth"

Credit WND
  • ScottyG - Faqueue 2012/01/05 22:06:17
    ScottyG - Faqueue
    +4
    I take away the inability of liberals to see the truth. Blind are those who claim to see but never bother to look. If I could take away one thing from the world? Right now it would be militant Islamic radicals.
  • John ScottyG... 2012/01/06 00:19:23
    John
    +4
    Well, I'm a liberal but like you I would also take away militant Islamic radicals. But unlike you I don't believe that ALL Muslims are militant radicals. But as I said I'm definitely against those that are.
  • ScottyG... John 2012/01/06 03:46:31
    ScottyG - Faqueue
    +3
    Not all Muslims are militant Islamic radicals. Just the ones who make the decisions to use women and children as human shields. Oh and the ones who run the middle eastern countries. So a lot, but not all.

And I'm sorry you are a liberal. Now that we know it;s actually a medical condition, perhaps a cure can be found in your lifetime and you can come over from the dark side.

I'll pray for your soul.

2014/10/23 03:53:37