I am a police officer and I for one would love to see more honest Americans exercising their rights to carry firearms. It would make my job and our country safer for all! Who agrees ?

policeman 2012/12/18 23:43:36
I think we all need to realize that criminals do not abide by the laws and we all need to stand up and defend our rights!!

• darcie lamar 2012/12/19 01:16:11 (edited)
    I agree
    darcie lamar
    +40
    My father was a cop, three of my brothers are cops. Our family has been educated to respect the use of a gun. Many of you don't understand that protecting ourselves and our families is important in today's world. I have had to use a gun when a man was breaking into my home. Calling 911 would have sent the cops to find my raped and dead body. i ll keep my guns

• ☆Ed☆ 2012/12/24 05:51:41
    I agree
    ☆Ed☆
    +2
    I couldn't agree more!!! I wish I could give you a million raves!!!

Anyone that is so poorly informed about gun control as those that want to disarm Americans only need to learn the FACTS, and a GREAT START for those so poorly educated would be to research the FACTS of the COMPLETE SUCCESS behind the city of Kennesaw, Georgia and its 1982 gun law that REQUIRES its citizens to OWN a firearm!!!
  • Joey 2012/12/22 16:53:21
    I'm a dumb ass and I disagree
    Joey
    +1
    I have worked with cops before .. and most of them say that you should never try to get in a gun battle when someone when you don't have too. Can you explain why your view is different .
  • ☆Ed☆ Joey 2012/12/24 06:16:26
    ☆Ed☆
    +2
    And just where did "policeman" say anything of the sort?!?

The only thing he said was if more Americans legally owned guns that his job would be made easier!!!

If you would bother to actually read what is written instead of attempting to twist someones words to your own preferences you would have known exactly what he CORRECTLY stated!!!

Also, if you would actually research an issue before replying, you just "MIGHT" not make such a fool of yourself!!!

The perfect example of what "policeman" was stating is the gun law that Kennesaw, Georgia, an Atlanta suburb, passed in 1982 requiring heads of households to own at least one firearm with ammunition!!! The very first year of its inception saw a whopping 89% drop in crime compared to the state of Georgia's average 10% drop!!! What's more, after the first years 89% drop in crime, the crime rate has stayed at that level ever since!!!
  • Joey ☆Ed☆ 2012/12/24 14:35:39
    Joey
    If you did some research you might make a fool of yourself . Stated with lesser gun laws have higher rates of gun deaths .

http://www.statemaster.com/gr...
  • ☆Ed☆ Joey 2012/12/25 04:06:57
    ☆Ed☆
    LOL, apparently your age and IQ are the same, (29), of course, I am giving you the benefit of the doubt as to whether your IQ is 29, or that you're simply brain dead!!!

Your "statemaster" website has a few real problems that you would have known had you actually RESEARCHED the issue, which you obviously have NOT done!!!

I would suggest that when you want to lend credence to a source you use that you first verify their own "sources"!!! LOL, if you had done this with "statemaster" you would have found that their ONLY "source", "statehealthfacts.org" is a GEORGE KAISER organization!!!

You SHOULD know George Kaiser, he's one of those LIBERAL BILLIONAIRES!!! With that in mind, and the FACT that even the James Brady organization, "The Brady Center" shows YOUR CLAIM to be nothing more than LIES!!!

http://www.bradycenter.org/xs...

I realize that as you were growing up, your parents undoubtedly told you that you could "BE" anything you wanted to be, however, I doubt that they ever thought that you would settle for a career as the Village Idiot!!!
  • policeman ☆Ed☆ 2012/12/27 04:33:55
  • ☆Ed☆ policeman 2012/12/28 05:29:58
    ☆Ed☆
    +2
    PERFECT EXAMPLE!!! I agree with you 100%!!!

But the gun grabbers will still ignore the FACTS!!!
  • policeman Joey 2012/12/25 17:46:21
    policeman
    My view is not different !! The gun battles I would be involved in would not be with the honest people!! Why can't y'all understand that !!! The bad element already have the guns , I just want to honest ones to have then too !!!
  • ☆Ed☆ policeman 2012/12/28 05:32:16
    ☆Ed☆
    Policeman, I believe that you have "Joey" and I mixed up!!! I am SUPPORTING your view, Joey is AGAINST your view!!!
  • policeman Joey 2012/12/26 18:05:39
    policeman
    I'm not talking about gun battles ! I'm talking about the second amendment , cause I'm an American and I have that right . Hope that cleared that up for you , And thanks for having a good question , opposed to some of the others I have had.
  • TaxRetirementFund 2012/12/22 05:02:41
    I agree
    TaxRetirementFund
    Just because someone disagrees with you Officer; doesn't make them a dumbass. We have several cultures horribly mis informed. How can they not be. We have a main stream media pumping what Composite Government is telling them to. No matter how damaging it is. They are being paid millions to say what they are saying. With a gun to their head, people are being murdered for going against these worthless banksters. That are controlling everything with the money they are stealing.
  • ☆Ed☆ TaxReti... 2012/12/24 06:20:45
    ☆Ed☆
    When someone ignores the FACTS of an issue, and then disagrees with, and argues against the actual FACTS because they're either too lazy or too stupid to research and verify the FACTS for themselves, it definitely makes them at least a "dumbass"!!!
  • TaxReti... ☆Ed☆ 2012/12/24 07:12:20 (edited)
    TaxRetirementFund
    Try Cognitive dissonance
  • ☆Ed☆ TaxReti... 2012/12/24 07:21:20
    ☆Ed☆
    Not hardly!!! When a person chooses to live by the creed of, "Don't confuse them with the facts because they've made up their mind.", that constitutes a complete "dumbass"!!!
  • TaxReti... ☆Ed☆ 2012/12/24 15:07:38 (edited)
    TaxRetirementFund
    Define Cognitive Dissonance
  • ☆Ed☆ TaxReti... 2012/12/25 04:12:31
    ☆Ed☆
    Why? Don't you know that it means an intelligent disagreement??? And in the case that we are speaking of, there was NOT any "intelligent" disagreement involved!!!
  • TaxReti... ☆Ed☆ 2012/12/26 04:23:46
    TaxRetirementFund
    Your so angry, take a xanax. You obviously need it.
  • ☆Ed☆ TaxReti... 2012/12/26 07:05:58 (edited)
    ☆Ed☆
    And YOU'RE so stupid, take a "smart pill"!!! You obviously need it desperately!!!
  • TaxReti... ☆Ed☆ 2012/12/27 14:00:35
  • ☆Ed☆ TaxReti... 2012/12/28 05:46:29
    ☆Ed☆
    LOL, for someone with a self proclaimed IQ of 142 you're even MORE stupid than I originally had estimated!!! LOL, you're not even capable of spelling correctly, let alone attempt to find your butt with both hands!!!

However, I would not be surprised at all if you were in "Law School", I've heard that the prison system teaches convicts fairly decently!!!

LOL, now little boy, go ahead and stomp your feet, throw your temper tantrum, and get to bed!!! Don't forget, before your "prison schooling" tomorrow, you have to do your "chores" as the "Latrine Queen", of which I'm certain that you have down to a fine art!!!
  • TaxReti... ☆Ed☆ 2012/12/24 15:08:31 (edited)
    TaxRetirementFund
    Don't get me wrong, yeah their stupid. But that also doesn't entail giving up on them. Its up to us. And the more we fight about it. And make the choice our selves to give up, were no better then them.
  • ☆Ed☆ TaxReti... 2012/12/25 04:18:42 (edited)
    ☆Ed☆
    As the adage says, "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.", so it goes, "You can put the knowledge before them, but you can't make them THINK."

When a person is too lazy and ignorant to THINK for themselves, which would include RESEARCHING for knowledge of an issue BEFORE running one's mouth, I have absolutely no problem with "giving up" on someone so USELESS!!!
  • TaxReti... ☆Ed☆ 2012/12/26 04:29:28
  • ☆Ed☆ TaxReti... 2012/12/26 07:17:10
    ☆Ed☆
    LOL, I cannot help it that you believe ignorance and laziness are to be tolerated. It's simplistic, imbecilic morons of YOUR caliber that have driven this nation into the abyss of "feel good", "kumbaya" mindless stupidity that somehow makes YOU "feel good"!!!

Apparently it comes from the fact that YOU'RE so inferior to everyone that has a brain, and actually uses it, that YOU wallow in your splendor of IMAGINING that you're anything more than a turd tongued idiot!!!
  • TaxReti... ☆Ed☆ 2012/12/26 04:34:16
    TaxRetirementFund
    Your ignorance would be humorous if not for how damaging it is to others around you.
  • ☆Ed☆ TaxReti... 2012/12/26 07:19:42
    ☆Ed☆
    The only "danger" is to an imbecilic idiot like YOURSELF!!!
  • TaxReti... ☆Ed☆ 2012/12/27 14:01:28
    TaxRetirementFund
    You really are just that stupid.
  • patrick.bonacoscia 2012/12/21 17:51:00
    I agree
    patrick.bonacoscia
    +2
    Unfortunately in todays world you can have situations were you must defend your life or die
  • Larry M 2012/12/21 17:35:52
    I agree
    Larry M
    +3
    You will hear Liberals say that people will care high capacity military guns if this were the case which is stating the absurd to muddy the conversation. Current laws prohibit these kind of weapons already and should continue to be enforced. Current law requires gun safety classes and most will abide by them. Of course there always will be those who don't use common sense and there will always be those people. But do we want criminals to out gun the average citizen?
  • democoach 2012/12/21 17:23:32
    I agree
    democoach
    so long as you dont use your gun like some cops who shoot out of fear and paranoia
  • Roger47 2012/12/21 16:34:49
    I'm a dumb ass and I disagree
    Roger47
    +1
    Policeman, do you agree with the NRA that citizens should be able to have more powerful and more lethal guns than the police do? Do you think that bad guys should have access to 30 and 100 round magazines?
  • ☆Ed☆ Roger47 2012/12/24 06:24:20
    ☆Ed☆
    +1
    LOL, do you actually believe that, by passing yet another gun law denying access to large capacity magazines, that it will deter criminals from having a ready source of them?!?
  • Squatch 2012/12/21 15:10:26
    I agree
    Squatch
    +3
    Unfortunately, people like you are never heard from in these types of discussions. Maybe a clip here and there on Fox News, but the DEMs ignore that TV station and claim it is all right wing propaganda.
  • Bastion 2012/12/21 14:11:27
    I agree
    Bastion
    +3
    BUT how do you feel about high-powered semi-automatic assault rifles and high capacity ammo clips?

By "carry firearms", do you mean handguns? Machine guns? RPGs?
  • policeman Bastion 2012/12/21 14:29:52
    policeman
    +2
    I like weapons of all types. As for as what a person wants to carry , I think it should be their choice as long as they are comfortable with it and it is in appliance with the local laws
  • Bastion policeman 2012/12/21 14:51:41
    Bastion
    +3
    You don't think a line needs to be drawn SOMEWHERE? machine gun
  • Squatch Bastion 2012/12/21 15:12:47
    Squatch
    +5
    Nice try!!!! You have to have a Class 3 permit to own such a gun and my brother is a Cop and even he cannot get a class 3. Typical DEM Propaganda.
  • Bastion Squatch 2012/12/23 01:37:58
    Bastion
    +1
    That's . . . what . . . I . . . mean.

You have to draw the line somewhere. I KNOW you need a "class" blah-blah permit to own a tripod-mounted machine gun.

ALL I'M SAYING is that the semi-automatic assault rifles with high capacity magazines should be similarly restricted. What the HELL is wrong with that? Are tripod-mounted machine guns everywhere despite the restrictions?

I don't think so. That's the POINT. The ONLY purpose for such assault rifles is to kill a lot of humans fast - just like the machine gun. WE DON'T NEED THEM EVERYWHERE, for ANY reason.

Am I making my point?
  • Squatch Bastion 2012/12/23 01:50:34
    Squatch
    +1
    I would agree if there was any evidence to back it up - Unfortunately banning weapons has the opposite affect to the one you seek. And if we are going to start down that road where do you draw the line. My PX4 Beretta can shoot 18 rounds with reloading.
  • Bastion Squatch 2012/12/23 16:39:02 (edited)
    Bastion
    "Any evidence" - what kind of evidence are you looking for?

dyjtlylfllyly

2014/11/26 21:41:15