Hunger Games: your new utopia

Temlakos~POTL~PWCM~JLA~☆ 2012/08/23 02:09:36
Yes. The Hunger Games shows us where Barack Obama would lead us.
No. The Hunger Games shows us where Mitt Romney would leave us.
That's right. The Hunger Games is a quintessential left-wing utopia. Or rather, a totalitarian utopia. Which, as Ronald Reagan knew all the time, amounts to the same thing.

And what do you know? A touch of atheism, too. "May the odds ever be in your favor." Sorry, but those who really understand these things say, "God bless you," or "God help you."

Last of all: Reagan said that the election would decide whether we would take care of ourselves, or leave it to some intellectual elite in a far-distant capitol. Capitol. Like the Capitol District. Get it?

Well, do you get it?

Read More: http://www.conservativenewsandviews.com/2012/08/22...

• joshua.sager.9 2012/08/23 03:53:22
    joshua.sager.9
    +13
    The Hunger Games represent the rich pitting the poor against each other in an effort to retain power over a society. Leftism, even in its extreme of socialism hates this separation, thus the Hunger Games are, by definition, not an example of a leftist dystopia.

The American right wing supports corporate feudalism no protections for the poor, and the exploitation of the weak+poor by those with power; this is exemplified by Ayn Rand's philosophy of greed and self-centered morality. The Hunger Games illustrate the final product of an extreme right dystopia--where those with power and influence have absolute control over society and everybody else is simply killing each other to survive (with only a minimal hope of advancing to be an elite).

SarcasticLiberal.blogspot.com

• Red 2012/08/26 22:46:33
  • Dan 2012/08/26 20:43:09
    Dan
    I've decided it's a stupid movie for easily entertained teenagers.
  • Ramon 2012/08/26 09:55:14
    Ramon
    +1
    With the food prices going up the way they have been, as well as the high unemployment rate, there are already lots of hungry people around.
  • Doc 2012/08/24 23:41:29
    Doc
    +2
    I say that it is leftist, and I can back it up easily.

But let it be known that any government that is too powerful is BAD, be it right or left.
  • Jessica... Doc 2012/08/25 10:06:24
    Jessica Tyler
    +1
    "I can back it up easily."

Then do it.
  • Doc Jessica... 2012/08/25 13:37:05
    Doc
    +2
    What did the poor people do as work?
  • Jules 2012/08/24 18:06:13
    Jules
    +1
    Wow you guys are um...interesting?? The Hunger Games is, first and foremost, a FICTIONAL story, and considering that a book written for teens it wasn't a political statement, or at least one this in-depth. While, yes, the books DO make a statement as to where this country could end up someday, it does NOT go as far to say that it will be because of Romney or Obama. In fact that first book came out in 2008, far before Romney started running for president, AND a year BEFORE Obama became president. So with that said, how could the book possibly pertain to either of these two people??
  • D D 2012/08/24 13:09:56
    D D
    +2
    Under the left there would be a selected few chosen to have money and then all the rest dirt poor.
  • Jessica... D D 2012/08/24 13:37:28
    Jessica Tyler
    +4
    Sure. The left is going to do that. Which is why the Republican candidate became rich through retrenching people, and not paying tax. Which is why the Ryan budget increases tax for those earning $35,000 and reduces it for those earning over $1 million.
  • D D Jessica... 2012/08/26 09:59:07
    D D
    Obama made the biggest tax increase with Obamacare.
  • brian.d... D D 2012/08/25 16:09:38
    brian.d.foster
    Really, then why is it that under the GOP the money goes to the already rich? Ryan's budget plan gives a huge additional tax break for the top 2%. And, to pay for it the average working family gets to pay an extra $2000 to make up the difference lost by giving them that tax break.

I'm still waiting to see the top 2% create more jobs. I won't hold my breath.
  • endthefed.soundmoney 2012/08/24 04:34:05
    endthefed.soundmoney
    The Hunger Games shows us where Obama and Mitt will lead us.

No One But Ron Paul!!
  • Doc endthef... 2012/08/25 04:55:28
    Doc
    Yes, but Mittens is moving slower, giving the people more time to wake up and smell the coffee.
  • Icono1 2012/08/23 21:49:50
    Icono1
    +1
    All one has to do is look at the old Russian Soviet System to see where we are headed. It ain't pretty.
  • unicorn_lady1 2012/08/23 21:05:35
    unicorn_lady1
    +1
    I have read the book and seen the movie.. for me the message is unclear. I don't think it points to any particular person.. it just shows what happens when government runs peoples lives and there is no way out ... except to simply STOP obeying.

Of the choices, Obama's policies clearly go in this direction with his support of Agenda 21. That is a fact.
  • Swampdog PWCM 2012/08/23 20:14:55
    Swampdog PWCM
    +2
    A left wing Utopia. The Hunger Game is where we are headed NOW. With the producers giving half of their earnings to Obuthole,and he passing out money like it was someone elses. No wonder this came out in time to respond to Atlas Shrugged II. What a bunch of pathetic losers.
  • pizzaman7 2012/08/23 19:11:15
    pizzaman7
    +2
    This is the world of Big Government. One World Government aka United Nations. Barry and cronies are trying to force into Agenda 21. Obamacare is vehicle for government control. Control the healthcare and you control the people. Why do you think there is a bureaucratic board to approve your healthcare ?

Demacrooks want us on government support. That way we are inclined to vote for them. They understand three things and three things only: spending, taxing, and regulations. All three and the enemy of free enterprise and liberty.

the Bigger the Government the bigger our problems are. We are seeing this now. Our country was not created with government in mind. We are a republic. We give the Federal government only the powers we deem necessary. They have long ago exceeded those powers.
  • mk, Smartass Oracle 2012/08/23 16:18:27
  • GINGERBREAD 2012/08/23 16:12:11
    GINGERBREAD
    +1
    I haven't seen this new "RED HERRING" that the liberals, socialists and communists have come up with.
  • Jessica Tyler 2012/08/23 15:31:27
    Jessica Tyler
    Because having the poor perform for a rich elite is exactly the kind of thing you'd expect a Marxist like Obama to do. /sarcasm off.

Seriously, what kind of medication are you on to think this way?
  • Swampdo... Jessica... 2012/08/23 20:18:52
    Swampdog PWCM
    +1
    The "poor" sit around all day on their dead asses collecting government checks, where have you been. Without the wealthy working,the government would have nothing to "give" the poor.
  • Lady Wh... Swampdo... 2012/08/24 10:03:20
    Glad YOU think so....

YOU go support the wealthy, then.
  • Swampdo... Lady Wh... 2012/08/25 17:56:15
    Swampdog PWCM
    +1
    The top 20% pat 91% of the income taxes generated in America. I fight poverty/ welfare/ food stamps because I work!
  • D D Swampdo... 2012/08/24 13:15:08
    D D
    +1
    Our household brings in 40K a year. We do not get even 1 benefit. We own 1 car. We have never owned a house or property. I am poor. We work hard for our piss pay. I don't have health insurance, I cannot afford it. Now I will be forced to buy it or pay the penalty tax.
  • Jessica... D D 2012/08/24 13:40:34
    Jessica Tyler
    +1
    Hey, don't worry - under Romney/Ryan you'll be paying even more tax, with even fewer benefits. There's something to look forward too!
  • D D Jessica... 2012/08/26 10:01:40
    D D
    I am not getting any benefits anyway. I do expect to be homeless in the future. Inflation is only going to get higher.
  • Swampdo... D D 2012/08/25 17:57:49
    Swampdog PWCM
    +1
    Thank the demoncrats.
  • RJ~PWCM~JLA 2012/08/23 13:46:25
    RJ~PWCM~JLA
    +8
    Haven't seen it. I no longer transfer my wealth to the Hollywood elite that wants to silence my political voice.

But given what I've been told by others of the story, it is by definition where 0bama would like to lead us, given the chance.

zero
  • Jessica... RJ~PWCM... 2012/08/24 16:11:40
    Jessica Tyler
    +2
    Yet another sheep - no, I haven't seen it, but based on what other people want me to believe, OMG! OBAMA IS TOTALLY GOING TO MAKE OUR KIDS FIGHT TO THE DEATH.

Tell me - exactly how "by definition" is this where Obama would like to lead you?
  • Philo® ~PWCM~JLA ✩ 2012/08/23 13:44:12
    Philo® ~PWCM~JLA ✩
    +8
    From what little I know of the story, yep, it looks like the result of leftist/progressive social ineptitude, combined with widespread apathy which always leads to serfdom, if not slavery.
  • Matt 2012/08/23 12:23:10
    Matt
    +5
    No matter who gets elected, more of the same coming up.
    Queen Elizabeth hunger games
  • NarcolepticGoat 2012/08/23 11:55:28
    NarcolepticGoat
    +3
    No, this is the nightmare dystopia we liberals keep warning y'all about
  • Jensenmk 2012/08/23 10:00:51
    Jensenmk
    +1
    There are more similarities between Barry and Mitt than differences. Totalitarian government - does it really matter which side they 'claim' to be on!?!
  • JERSEYDUDE 2012/08/23 09:57:36
    JERSEYDUDE
    +1
    where Barack and Romney would lead us

Romney and Obama may not agree on a handful of things most of which are insignificant anyway but they do agree on all the same fascist legislation
  • Warren ... JERSEYDUDE 2012/08/23 13:41:20
    Warren - Novus Ordo Seclorum
    +2
    Romney and Obama are mainstream moderates, neither is fascist. Paul Ryan , on the other hand, does strike me as a fascist wannabe.
  • unicorn... Warren ... 2012/08/23 21:13:57
    unicorn_lady1
    +1
    I don't believe Obama can be considered moderate. Fascism is not a right or left paradigm, it can be perpetrated by either.
  • JERSEYDUDE unicorn... 2012/08/23 22:18:14
    JERSEYDUDE
    +2
    hitler was a socialist
  • Warren ... JERSEYDUDE 2012/08/23 23:57:52
    Warren - Novus Ordo Seclorum
    No, dude. Go back to school. You probably think North Korea is a democracy.
  • Temlako... Warren ... 2012/08/24 00:05:13
    +1
    Then why did his party call itself the National SOCIALIST German WORKERS' Party?
  • Warren ... Temlako... 2012/08/24 00:11:13
    Warren - Novus Ordo Seclorum
    +2
    Tell me what you think about the Democratic People's Republic of North Korea? Do you believe it is a republic? Do you believe it is a democracy? What else are you told that you believe without questioning? Especially considering the source, I am surprised that those on the right accept the words of Hitler on face value without even questioning. Do you honestly consider Hitler to be trustworthy?

2014/10/20 19:57:47