How the Democrats and Republicans have manipulated stupid people to win them elections.

In Love With Liberty 2013/02/28 12:39:12
What scares me more than any ideology (fascism barred) on the planet, is low information voters in a Democracy/Republic.

You know the ones who do nothing to research the candidate's records, or even their rhetoric which most people should know. But simply vote for who their friends tell them to vote for, who their religious leaders tell them to vote for, who the like to look at, what their skin color is, etc.

These people scare me because of the amount there are of them and how it plays into the outcome of elections.

These people scare me because they refuse to be informed yet they have as much if not more power in determining an election than the informed voters.

Now here's how the Democrats and Republicans, and many parties around the world have gotten stupid people to help determine elections. Easy, simply telling them "Voting is your Patriotic Duty." Simply convincing them the only reason they are free is because they get to vote every 4 years.

Stupid people eat that right up, so instead of doing their research, they go out to a poll to feel "patriotic", to feel like they are chipping in to today's society.

It's not patriotic to vote, if your choices are planning to do the same thing to you.

As a post I once read said "Democracy is the ability to change your dictator every 4 years."

Voting does not make us free, we are supposed be born free with the constitution limiting government from infringing on their rights we are born with.

For example if you bring democracy to a muslim nation, and the is a vote on something that is about the muslim faith, the non-muslims would have to go with whatever the muslims vote on. As long as they get to vote on it, it's still a democracy, even if it limits the freedoms of everyone else.

• Phoenix2014 2013/03/02 08:43:06
    Agree
    Phoenix2014
    +1
    People are always told if they don't vote for a Democrat or Republican then they are wasting their vote. That's nonsense, anyways these crooks bribe their way into positions of power and are ill-prepared to actually do these jobs. Was Obama or Bush a leader of anything before they got into government? No, Bush benefited from a rich family. He never had to serve in the military, so how can he be a good commander in chief having no idea how to manage a war? How can Obama too? Anyways back to the sheeple because that's who they are. They get stuck into voting for the "lesser of two evils" as they put it, what they don't understand is that they're choosing still choosing evil. The Dems and Repubs control the campaign coverage so it seems like they are the only option to mainstream Americans. I've been asking this question a lot, does two parties really capture the views of millions of Americans? Maybe I'm over simplifying the whole entire process and that's why I can't see eye to eye with them. We shouldn't only have two options in America. I don't care if 100 people are running for president, they should all have a legitimate chance at winning weather they belong to a party or not. Why aren't they allowed on the debates? It's because the Democrats and Republicans refuse to have a...
    People are always told if they don't vote for a Democrat or Republican then they are wasting their vote. That's nonsense, anyways these crooks bribe their way into positions of power and are ill-prepared to actually do these jobs. Was Obama or Bush a leader of anything before they got into government? No, Bush benefited from a rich family. He never had to serve in the military, so how can he be a good commander in chief having no idea how to manage a war? How can Obama too? Anyways back to the sheeple because that's who they are. They get stuck into voting for the "lesser of two evils" as they put it, what they don't understand is that they're choosing still choosing evil. The Dems and Repubs control the campaign coverage so it seems like they are the only option to mainstream Americans. I've been asking this question a lot, does two parties really capture the views of millions of Americans? Maybe I'm over simplifying the whole entire process and that's why I can't see eye to eye with them. We shouldn't only have two options in America. I don't care if 100 people are running for president, they should all have a legitimate chance at winning weather they belong to a party or not. Why aren't they allowed on the debates? It's because the Democrats and Republicans refuse to have anybody else on because they're scared one of these other candidates might capture the views and feelings of America everywhere ending their reign of corruption and terror. The mainstream media is their agents of deception that is designed to divide and dumb down the people of America so they can not rise up and challenge them. Exactly I agree with one of your last points. People do not have to feel pressured to vote because it's "unpatriotic" if they didn't. I tell you what's unpatriotic: going along to get along. The people of America should be pissed off, everyone, about what's going on. Not a select few. It's time for America to wake up and drive the car, put these politicians in the passengers seat, they're going to drive of us off the cliff if they haven't already.
  • Richard M. Nixon 2013/02/28 13:02:32
    Richard M. Nixon
    +1
    Have you considered the possibility that votes are meaningless? Not necessarily due to fraud but due to a common agenda?

possibility votes meaningless necessarily fraud common agenda

2014/09/15 03:25:15