How much interest are we paying China each month for the money we have borrowed from them?

Semper Fi 2009/08/25 17:42:00
China is holding $776 billion in US Treasury Securities

• henry3730stang 2009/08/26 00:17:55
    $1.2 Billion per month
    henry3730stang
    +4
    Not only has Congress PLUNDERED the social security account. It has stupidly plunged our nation trillions of dollars in debt! On Election Day, 2010, the word is

RE-ELECT NOBODY!!!!!

• spike 2010/04/11 09:57:49
    $1.2 Billion per month
    spike
    i'm not sure of the exact amount...but surely in the "THATSAFREAKINGBUTTLOADOFMONEY" range
  • trekwell 2010/04/11 00:40:44
    $1.2 Billion per month
    trekwell
    In order to disolve the USA as a sovereign state they need to collapse it. NWO at work
  • ☆Sheila☆ 2010/04/09 16:44:18
    $1.2 Billion per month
    ☆Sheila☆
    And they are NOT our largest debt holder anymore. They sold a bunch of it last couple of months.........how scary is THAT??

But no worries our KIDS can pay it all back for us!!
  • thefatguy 2010/04/09 15:25:51
    $1.2 Billion per month
    thefatguy
    +1
    Bend over and grease up! Yes, we can!
  • DanaR 2010/04/09 14:18:12 (edited)
  • seadog6608PWCM 2010/04/09 14:03:47
  • Dora Rachael 2010/04/09 13:56:41
    $1.2 Billion per month
    Dora Rachael
    +2
    And will continue to grow and grow! STOP THE SPENDING!!!
  • siouxthegal 2010/04/09 12:54:56
    $1.2 Million per month
    siouxthegal
    I really have no idea but whatever it is, it is TOOOOO much. There stuff if crap and
    they don't care. Maybe all of us should try really hard to not buy stuff made in China (it will be pretty hard). I find I am saving money as it helps me not buy a lot of stuff. What I don't like is that people want to blame Obama for this too??? Get with it people. Stop picking on anyone who the right nut wingers go after. I shutter to think what could happen if we get one of them in office......like a Palin?? OMG but I think all she cares about is money, money and more money and being president doesn't pay all that much.
    We need to desperately get rid of China making most of our stuff.....bring it back to the USA. The middle class doesn't get things cheaper, its the person sending stuff to be made there and of course we suffer as the stuff falls apart. Lets not be fooled by this.
  • DanaR siouxth... 2010/04/09 14:23:00
  • thefatguy siouxth... 2010/04/09 15:26:29
    thefatguy
    +1
    I agree with your first five words.
  • Simplistic Reality 2009/08/27 13:23:12
    $1.2 Million per month
    Simplistic Reality
    +1
    Actually its worse then that guys. Using 2006 figures... we pay china about $6.1M/Day. Do the math times 365 days a year. If I'm wrong.. please correct me. I really hope I am. The number is sickening.
  • siouxth... Simplis... 2010/04/09 12:57:49
    siouxthegal
    I have no clue about those numbers but I will state that this was NOT on Obamas watch so I wish people would stop putting blame on him. Put blame on whoever actually did it..........and by using 2006 figures as you said, it shows WHO are the culprits. Lets put the blame on the really ones who caused this ok?? Be fair!
  • thefatguy siouxth... 2010/04/09 15:25:02
    thefatguy
    +1
    I agree with your first four words.
  • ☆Sheila☆ siouxth... 2010/04/09 16:49:04
    ☆Sheila☆
    Obama has spent more in his first 18 mos than Bush spent in his first 4-6 years! Is that easy enough to understand? Blame Bush ended. Blame the real problem has started.
  • siouxth... ☆Sheila☆ 2010/05/22 03:06:47
    siouxthegal
    show me the proof since you seem to know so much.
  • ☆Sheila☆ siouxth... 2010/05/24 15:49:11
    ☆Sheila☆
    Do your own research since you seem to know so little.....
    $120,000.00 per month
    really I have no idea
  • ɟʇʇoɔs 2009/08/26 19:09:40
    $1.2 Billion per month
    ɟʇʇoɔs
    +2
    I am guessing it is the Billions
  • BadDog 2009/08/26 18:09:52
    The loans are interest free because China wants our business
    BadDog
    +2
    It depends on if the securities are T-bills, T-notes or T-bonds. China only has 24% of total, with Japan being second. Anybody, anywhere can buy these securities. In fact, they sell US Savings bonds at a lot of schools, and thru payroll deduction. It's a real common event.
    securities sell savings bonds schools payroll deduction real common event
  • siouxth... BadDog 2010/04/09 13:00:42
    siouxthegal
    +1
    It does seem to show that when someone wants to start a war in a country that really had no wmds, this is our consequence. I am sure hoping we can start making things in the USA again and get rid of Chinas pure crap.........which again, we the middle class do NOT get any cheaper deals. Keep that in mind when you are out buying stuff............I mean even toothpicks to toothpaste............sickening already.
  • ☆Sheila☆ siouxth... 2010/04/09 16:51:00
    ☆Sheila☆
    Well that is NOT gonna happen under this administration! O won't even levy any import taxes on Chinese goods. Please note there is a HUGE tarriff on goods from us imported in China.
  • Franklin 2009/08/26 14:38:43
    $1.2 Billion per month
    Franklin
    +3
    Even that figure is way low, as the FED takes in close to 2 trillion a year and our estimated interest payments will be 75% of that figure in less than 8 years (if we do not add a single dime to debt between now and then LOL) ...if you are just asking about the $776 billion that is easy . 2% a year on $776 billion is.......$37,933,333,333.33 (I can cover the 33 cents but I am going to have to ask the rest of you to chip in on the 37 billion this month) !
  • true patriot 2009/08/26 02:40:14
    $1.2 Billion per month
    true patriot
    +3
    One way to tell the gov't to stop this insanity is a national strike day
    No work, play , spending , shut off all lights ,tv shut the main breaker off into the house, Don't worry the fod will keep , for 24 hrs as long as the door isn't being open and shut over and over , no driving , no nothing , spend your time outside , use candles at night , use a campfire , barbeque , cold cuts , cut ties with the gov't , Let them see we had enough of this bullshit , than write these asses in washington and local govt and let them know ENOUGH , I know this country is too weak to stand up to Our Leaders , But it's now or never
    Set a Date , Patriots Day , 09/11/09 tell your friends , spread the word , close down shop , take 24 hrs to find ourselves , we are lost it may be a pain in the ass , but the pain will be greater if we don't

let me know what we think

if it works here we should go world wide , we the people , not sheeple

Act now before it is too late

True Patriot
  • siouxth... true pa... 2010/04/09 13:05:31
    siouxthegal
    Geez, so where were you those last 8 years with that administration?? They were the ones who caused us the people the grief............stop blaming someone who is trying their best to get us out of it. Does anyone really have the answer?? I sure don't........but I will say I like the idea to stop using power.............these power companies are out there in another world...........will this GREED ever stop?? I predicted about 40 years ago that power and greed will destroy the world......................need I say more? Whats ironic is what was going on then is no comparison to what is now. Lets get regulations back on wall street, banks, whoever has been GREEDY!!! Remember you can't take it with you when you are dead, except they can be covered in gold...........sad............
  • DanaR siouxth... 2010/04/09 14:24:43
  • David 2009/08/26 00:53:59
    David
    +2
    Well not exactly Bruce Reed speaking in Melbourne recently stated: "It's amazing what a good rate the Chinese will give when you put up Australia as collateral."
  • USAF Vet Dan 2009/08/26 00:33:47
    $1.2 Billion per month
    USAF Vet Dan
    +1
    Remember, it was Nixon who first gave China "most favored nation trade status". Including him, five Republicans and four Democrat presidents have upheld it.

And people tell me I'm crazy for claiming that we have been sold out by the Elite-owned / controlled RepubliCrat parties!!!! We have lost our representative form of government. So long as we keep voting for the lesser of two evils, we will elect evil. We must either take over one or both of these parties or take our votes to third parties. But most now believe (me included) it will take a real revolution to turn this around.
  • henry3730stang 2009/08/26 00:17:55
    $1.2 Billion per month
    henry3730stang
    +4

RE-ELECT NOBODY!!!!!
  • siouxth... henry37... 2010/04/09 13:14:08
    siouxthegal
    Please just remember WHO "plundered" the social security account as you say. This administration was NOT the one who caused this but if we had some bi-partisanship then maybe we actually could to something to get out of this mess but instead all we have is a party of NO which shows you they don't care about anything but themselves.
  • DanaR siouxth... 2010/04/09 14:28:31
  • thefatguy siouxth... 2010/04/09 15:23:48
    thefatguy
    You are sorely in need of an education. You claim to be an independent thinker but all you do is parrot MSNBC talking points. So, let's take a test about social security.
    ------------ --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --------- --
    Q: Which Political Party took Social Security from the
    independent 'Trust Fund' and put it into the
    general fund so that Congress could spend it?

A: It was Lyndon Johnson and the democratically
    controlled House and Senate.
    Q: Which Political Party eliminated the income tax
    deduction for Social Security (FICA) withholding?

A: The Democratic Party.
    Q: Which Political Party started taxing 85% of Social
    Security annuities?

A: The Democratic Party, with Al Gore casting the
    'tie-breaking' deciding vote as President of the
    Senate, while he was Vice President of the US.
    Q: Which Political Party decided to start
    giving annuity payments to immigrants?

A: Jimmy Carter and the Democratic Party.
    Immigrants moved into this country, and at age 65,
    began to receive Social Security payments! The
    Democratic Party gave these payments to them,
    even though they never paid a dime into it!
  • Socalgal 2009/08/25 21:54:21
    $1.2 Billion per month
    Socalgal
    +2
    Every time there is a Treasury offering I get a sick feeling in my tummy.
  • ilovesurferguys 2009/08/25 21:38:09
    $1.2 Million per month
    ilovesurferguys
    +2
    i hate this our country is pretty mucha slave to another country and obahma is making us farther in debt
  • siouxth... ilovesu... 2010/04/09 13:17:32
    siouxthegal
    Again, all I can say to you is, think about this...............what if a McCain/Palin were in office now.................I do believe it would be the end of our country. Read up on this before you go blaming someone who is truly trying to do something and the best is he actually CARES. When people are scared they want to blame whoever, I sure hope you and others will be aware of this always.
    This government became the largest during the Bush/Cheney administration.........go ahead and check it out
    www.factcheck.org
    They allowed all this to happen while they lied to us on almost every account and remember, none of us really knew it.
  • DanaR siouxth... 2010/04/09 14:29:30
  • ilovesu... DanaR 2010/05/19 17:28:46
    ilovesurferguys
    lol oh ya
  • SAILOR 2009/08/25 20:41:33
    $1.2 Billion per month
    SAILOR
    +4
    TREASON!!
    To give that much power to a foriegn country is treason. Communist China has the power to shut down our government quicker than AIG can give out bonuses.
  • Franklin SAILOR 2009/08/26 15:07:15
    Franklin
    +1
    Can't say it surprising, he did give Chrysler away as well (and paid them to take it with even more of our money) ...treason to say the least...
  • siouxth... Franklin 2010/04/09 13:20:45
    siouxthegal
    I was pretty damn angry about AIG and all those other big wigs. America wasn't made with these big corporate companies in mind so they could have all the power and greed. It would be truly a wonderful thing if we didn't have them at all. Who knows what would have happened at that time if we didn't "save" them...............grrrr makes me angry to even think about it. They don't care as they keep doing the bonuses, etc because they KNOW we can't let them fail. I saw screw them all..............
  • siouxth... SAILOR 2010/04/09 13:18:12
    siouxthegal
    Well, sadly, that could be a toss up.............I don't see those stinkin big bonuses stopping anytime soon.

2014/04/23 10:08:40