How Many People Will Die During The Tribulation Period?

Bob_N,- Saved and bold for Christ. 2009/04/26 19:05:38
Not many. The Tribulation will be a picnic.
I figure.......
The world has approximately 6.5 billion inhabitants today. Revelation tells us of numbers of people who will be killed by God's wrath during the time of God's great judgment on this earth in the last days during the seven year Tribulation Period. How many people do you figure that will be?

• CJ 2009/07/05 21:21:04
    I figure.......
    CJ
    +1
    Only God knows the answer to this question. We know by reading the Bible it will be a living hell here on earth. We can not even comprehend how bad it will be. If you are truly saved it will not make a difference.
  • Bob_N,-... CJ 2009/07/05 21:25:13
    Bob_N,- Saved and bold for Christ.
    Amen.
  • Kar 2009/05/12 07:55:29
    Kar
    Only God knows...
  • zlgriff~PWCM~JLA 2009/05/04 12:55:15
    I figure.......
    zlgriff~PWCM~JLA
    +1
    billions of people. In the Bible it refers to the rapture " as it was in the days of sodom so shall it be in the coming of the Lord.." (may not be word for word but you get what i'm saying)...and it also says" as it was in the days of noah, so shall it be in the coming of the Lord..." how many were saved in lot's day? not many, how many in noah's day? 8...I don't think the rapture is going to be very many at all considering the worlds population it may be 5,000 or so...but it says the coming of the Lord will be like a thief in the night, nobody is going to know when it happens. if it was a lot of people going in the rapture, it would be noticed but the Bible states it's going to be a secret going away, so the tribulation will have the majority of the population having to go through it. I just pray I'm not one of them.
  • Bob_N,-... zlgriff... 2009/05/04 16:53:06
    Bob_N,- Saved and bold for Christ.
    +1
    I figure just a small remnant will enter into the millennial kingdom, all the rest will be killed.
  • James 2009/04/29 08:39:17
    James
    +3
    No one knows. But I bet it's quite a few. So sad.
  • Bob_N,-... James 2009/04/29 15:27:35
    Bob_N,- Saved and bold for Christ.
    +3
    You're right about that.
  • Republic of Honor 2009/04/28 16:11:43
    I figure.......
    Republic of Honor
    +5
    awesome question, if i had to throw out a guess i would say at least half if not more!
  • Bob_N,-... Republi... 2009/04/28 16:15:13
    Bob_N,- Saved and bold for Christ.
    +6
    I believe more than that. It will not be a nice time for earth, that's for sure.
  • Republi... Bob_N,-... 2009/04/28 16:25:32
    Republic of Honor
    +5
    well i am thinking between 3-5 billion! right in there disease, war, starvation, hunting of christians and so on!
  • Gun665 2009/04/27 18:57:29
  • Bob_N,-... Gun665 2009/04/28 15:10:03
    Bob_N,- Saved and bold for Christ.
    +7
    You're right, unfortunately. The only hope of escape anyone has is to be forgiven for their sins before that happens.
  • Gun665 Bob_N,-... 2009/04/28 15:32:48
  • Angel 2009/04/27 18:29:43
    I figure.......
    Angel
    +5
    there will be millions but the bible does say there are some who will come through the tribulation , so all of them won't die
  • Bob_N,-... Angel 2009/04/27 18:45:42
    Bob_N,- Saved and bold for Christ.
    +7
    From what I've learned from this discussion here, all nonbelievers will be killed either in the Great Tribulation or by Christ when He returns to begin His millennial kingdom. The only people who will be left alive are the people who became believers and didn't take the mark of the Beast and who escaped being martyred by the Antichrist.
  • Angel Bob_N,-... 2009/04/27 18:55:44
    Angel
    +6
    that is what I got from reading the bible also....
  • socokid 2009/04/27 16:58:57
    socokid
    I don't think anything of the like is going to happen, but that's just because I'm not a Christian.

Besides, the world is MUCH more civil, with less strife an pestilence today than it has been at many points in history. If people believe in the end of times stuff, and who also believe that it will begin with great strife in the world, then we aren't even close yet...
  • Bob_N,-... socokid 2009/04/27 17:56:03
    Bob_N,- Saved and bold for Christ.
    +5
    What can I say? Be brave and hide and watch.
  • socokid Bob_N,-... 2009/04/27 18:36:41
    socokid
    I don't fear the unproven. It's quite liberating. ;-)

So, no hiding for me.
  • BillStep 2009/04/27 16:13:46
  • xscd 2009/04/27 14:58:20
    xscd
    +1
    I don't know. How many died in the great war with the orcs in Lord of the Rings?
  • Rick 2009/04/27 14:01:14
    I figure.......
    Rick
    +5
    I used to think you could calculate it from the book of Revelation. But I found many other scriptures relating to that time. According to those, most of the world will die.

"I will make a man more precious than fine gold; even a man than the golden wedge of Ophir." (Isa. 13:12)

"Therefore hath a curse devoured the earth, and they that dwell therin are desolate: therefore the inhabitants of the earth are burned and few men are left." (Isa. 24:6)

"And the slain of the Lord shall be at that day from one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth: they shall not be lamented, neither gathered, nor buried; they shall be dung upon the ground." (Jer. 25:33)

There are a lot of scriptures like that relating to that seven year period of Hell on Earth.
  • Bob_N,-... Rick 2009/04/27 17:02:33
    Bob_N,- Saved and bold for Christ.
    +6
    You're right, of course. The non-believers who manage to survive the seven years will be killed by Christ when He returns. The only people left alive on earth then will be people who became believers during that time and refused to take the mark of the Beast according to Rev. 19:21.
  • Rick Bob_N,-... 2009/04/27 20:17:52
    Rick
    +4
    Yeah. So there will be a small number of survivors. Then Jesus divides those up between sheep and goats. Many will be killed before that. I should say most. The souls under the altar in the fifth seal are told to wait until the number is full (lit. Trans.) Matthew 25 is a judgment of the survivors. I always wondered why it only took 35 days according to Daniel chapter 12.
  • Bob_N,-... Rick 2009/04/27 23:47:13
    Bob_N,- Saved and bold for Christ.
    +4
    Ah, so, some of the survivors who didn't take the mark did so not because they were believers but more out of political or other reasons. It all fits together.
  • James Bob_N,-... 2009/04/29 08:48:44
    James
    +2
    We have to remember though. The soul purpose of the tribulation is for the Jewish people. For I believe the 144,000 male jewish virgins will go out preaching the gospel to the jews. For it during this time that the Jewish people will finally realize Jesus was the Messiah.
  • Bob_N,-... James 2009/04/29 15:37:02
    Bob_N,- Saved and bold for Christ.
    +1
    Absolutely, 100% correct. The Tribulation Period is the 70th week of Daniel's prophecy for Israel. That's one reason we know it will last seven years. The 70 weeks are weeks of years, not days. There's a Hebrew word for a week of years but I've forgotten now what it is.
  • zlgriff... James 2009/05/04 13:06:39
    zlgriff~PWCM~JLA
    +1
    yes...the gospel goes from the gentiles to Jews..the day of salvation for the gentiles will be over. he that is filthy, let him be filthy still, he that is righteous let him be righteous still...
  • driley 2009/04/27 05:34:00
    driley
    +4
    I don't think the 1/3 ratios can be taken literally. (you run out of thirds pretty fast.) Although I do think they do represent large numbers. No picnic, that's for sure.

I like to focus on the end results, however, not the painful aspects. Don't forget that during the Great Tribulation there will be great numbers that no one can count, saved out of every tribe, and every nation and every people. I like to focus on that part.(Rev. 7:9,14)
  • Bob_N,-... driley 2009/04/27 17:50:41
    Bob_N,- Saved and bold for Christ.
    +5
    I believe the one third and fourth in Revelation are literal numbers, just as the twelve disciples were literally 12 men.. I see no scriptural reason to dismiss it as meaning just a large number.

The number of souls that no one can count are in heaven because they were martyred for their faith by the Beast during the Tribulation. They aren't part of the judgment of God and aren't counted in the numbers killed by God. I guess my question should have been,' How many nonbelievers will die in the Great Tribulation?' That answer would be easy, 100% of them. There will be no nonbelievers left alive after Christ returns.
  • Rick Bob_N,-... 2009/04/27 20:20:47
    Rick
    +4
    Yes. I agree Bob.Those numbers are literal. But we know from other scriptures that it's not the whole story. Jesus even said that if He didn't return that NO flesh would be saved. Great question Bob. I thought about asking the same question. You beat me to it. lol
  • Bob_N,-... Rick 2009/04/27 23:57:20
    Bob_N,- Saved and bold for Christ.
    +6
    Sorry I beat you to it. You can reword it and ask it again. lol.

I think it's safe to say that nearly all life on earth will come to an end except for a small remnant of believers.
  • Rick Bob_N,-... 2009/04/28 12:51:02
    Rick
    +4
    That's alright with me Bob. As long as someone did it. That's all that matters. Yes. When the smoke clears, the number starting out in the Messianic Kingdom will be pretty small. The world will be very lightly populated until they hit expotential growth rate around the year 2700 or so.
  • driley Bob_N,-... 2009/04/28 01:17:32
    driley
    +3
    It seems you misunderstood my intent in your second paragraph. I in no way meant that these people were killed by God. They come out of the Tribulation with their robes washed white in the blood of the Lamb. (v.14) That's victory, not defeat. The wonderful aspect I was speaking of is that there are vast numbers - from every people group. That's wonderful victory. The Great Commission completed! It gives me goosebumps just typing it. That is what I meant to communicate about the "change of focus".

I hear what you are saying about literal numbers. Certainly the 12 disciples were 12! Here's the math of my answer. 9:15, 1/3 of mankind killed by angels. v.18, 1/3 of mankind killed by plagues. 14:20, Still enough here for their blood to flow deep for 200 miles. I don't think this was meant to be literal. Especially with only a fraction of the people of the earth left.

And i must respectfully disagree with you about no nonbelievers being left after Jesus returns. (Who would satan deceive after he is released at the end of the Millenium?) Zecharia 14 talks about Jesus' feet standing on the Mount of Olives and it splits in two. I think all agree that is talking about the return of Christ. Verses 16 and 17 speak of non-believing nations that we will be ruling over.

Food for thought, I think. :o)
  • Bob_N,-... driley 2009/04/28 02:22:38
    Bob_N,- Saved and bold for Christ.
    +5
    I understand what you're saying, I was just clarifying things. I just think everything in Revelation should be taken literally unless we're given a reason to do otherwise. Yeah, the millennial kingdom will last for 1,000 years since that's how long Satan will be bound in the abyss. It will be composed of natural men and women who will bear children and repopulate the earth. Nonbelievers won't be allowed in to the millennial kingdom. Christ will separate the righteous from the unrighteous and accept some and expell some. See Mat. 25:31-46.

When Satan is set free for a short time, he will cause a large number of those people to rebel against Christ. God will then put down all rebellion against Him. (Rev. 20:7-9.) Then the second resurrection, the resurrection of all the lost people, will take place. They will stand before the great white throne and be judged according to their works. (Rev. 20:11-15.)
  • Rick Bob_N,-... 2009/04/28 12:46:45
    Rick
    +4
    Here's the sequence of events as I understand them.

1. The rapture takes place (I Cor. 15:51)
    2. Judgment Seat takes place in Heaven (II Cor. 5:10)
    3. Persecution of tribulation saints (Rev. 6:9-11)
    (Some killed, some survive)
    Mt. 24:13 says those that endure to the end shall be saved. This means physically. Endurance is not a requirement of salvation.

4. Massive death Worldwide from nuclear wars (Isa. ch. 13 & 24)
    5. Sheep and Goat judgment of survivors (Mt. 25:31-46)

(There are no saved at White Throne judgment, no lost at Judgment Seat, so these are mixed between saved and lost survivors) The sheep enter the Messianic Kingdom. The goats are cast into everlasting fire.

6. White Throne Judgment (Lost only at end of Millennium Rev. 20-11-15).

That's the general framework. You can break it down even more. I did that in my book "Judgment Day: Appointment With Destiny."

Daniel 12:2 and John 5:28, 29 speaks of the separate resurrections. A lot of people get the Sheep and Goat judgment confused with The Judgment Seat and White Throne judgments.
  • Bob_N,-... Rick 2009/04/28 14:53:54
    Bob_N,- Saved and bold for Christ.
    +3
    Yeah, the First Resurrection, the resurrection of all the saved, will take place in different stages. They will all enter God's reward. But the Second Resurrection, the resurrection of the lost, will happen one time only, just before we enter into eternity. Everyone in the second resurrection will be cast out to be punished.
  • Rick Bob_N,-... 2009/04/28 16:04:08
    Rick
    +3
    Exactly. That's why the last enemy that is destroyed is death. The White Throne Judgment takes place at the end of the Millennial reign because there is one last rebellion at the end of the thousand years. After Satan is loosed for a season. Great poll Bob!
  • Bob_N,-... Rick 2009/04/28 16:08:33
    Bob_N,- Saved and bold for Christ.
    +3
    Thank you for your fine input, Rick.
  • homeschool mom-extremist 2009/04/27 02:14:24
    I figure.......
    homeschool mom-extremist
    +7
    Unfortunately, I figure most of the population. Christians are becoming few and far between.

2014/07/24 17:52:10