How many Generals has Obama fired? Perhaps it's time he let them do their job.

PartysOver 2010/06/25 11:02:28
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
WASHINGTON — President Barack Obama fired the top U.S. general in Afghanistan on Monday, replacing him with a former special forces commander in a quest for a more agile, unconventional approach in a war that has gone quickly downhill.

With the Taliban resurgent, Obama's switch from Gen. David McKiernan to Lt. Gen. Stanley McChrystal suggests the new commander in chief wants major changes along with the additional troops he's ordering into Afghanistan to shore up the war effort. McKiernan, on the job for less than a year, has repeatedly pressed for more forces. Although Obama has approved more than 21,000 additional troops this year, he has warned that the war will not be won by military means.

Defense Secretary Robert Gates echoed that view at a grim Pentagon news conference announcing the leadership overhaul. "As I have said many times before, very few of these problems can be solved by military means alone," he said. "And yet, from the military perspective, we can and must do better."

• dick boberry 2010/06/26 17:00:21
    dick
    +1
    You are great girl! girl
  • gary 2010/06/25 21:51:36 (edited)
  • boberry gary 2010/06/25 23:23:08
    boberry
    +3
    I find it ironic that Obama had nothing good to say about him on his campaign trail, yet taps him after firing McChrystal.
  • gary boberry 2010/06/28 23:21:53
    gary
    +2
    el presedente is not trustworthy and should be opposed by Conservatives at every opportunity. I am a member of thre party of NNNOOOOOOOOO and proud of it.

Makes me sick to know Kagan will be approved after the usual show and tell approval hearing. Makes me sick. Bye bye amendment 2 when this "softBALL" player gets the nod from the coward republicRATS.
  • boberry gary 2010/06/28 23:38:08
    boberry
    +1
    Sadly, it seems that we cannot rely on anyone in Congress.
  • PartysOver gary 2010/06/28 23:48:59
    PartysOver
    +1
    don't forget the Democraps and the LibRules.
  • gary PartysOver 2010/06/29 00:41:10
    gary
    +1
    I usually try to shame all these commie leaning crapazoids into doing what is right as if they even pay attention to constituents as we have seen. Nov may bring changes needed to preserve the Republic.
  • Kiosk Kid 2010/06/25 21:27:58
    Kiosk Kid
    +4
    Obama’s Rules of Engagement was getting our troops killed. The facts that he was going to cut and run in Jul 2011 demoralized our troops and comforted the enemy. McChrystal knew he could not win the war in Afghanistan with those two policies. Therefore, he sacrificed his career to remove them.

It was quite obvious that he would be replaced by Patraeus. Patrraeus would agree to replace McChrystal if those two policies were removed. Administration official are backing away from the Jul 2011 deadline. Patraeus has said he will change the rules of engagement once he gets on the ground

Obama simply can not afford politically to see Patraeus resign or say anything about Obama’s policies at his conformation hearing. Therefore, Patreaus should be able to get the policies he needs to win the war from Obama.

With the resignation of McChrystal, Obama was between a rock and a hard place and he still is. However, there shouldn’t be any more problems from Obama. McChrystal won’t be making any statements about Obama when he is a civilian unless Obama comes out with any more policies that would cause the loss of the war.
  • maggiemay 2010/06/25 20:43:08
    maggiemay
    +4
    The man doesn't have a clue. This war has gone on longer then Viet Nam, and it will have the same results. Meanwhile the people in Arizona are fighting for their lives to protect themselves from the garbage coming over the border. WTF!!!!!!
  • boberry maggiemay 2010/06/25 23:24:01
    boberry
    +3
    He doesn't care about us here in AZ. He needs all the undocumented Dems he can find and he needs them before November.
  • gary boberry 2010/06/28 23:31:16
    gary
    +1
    Just wait til the AZ law is passed that clears up any doubt about illegal aliens birthing children here makes the children citizens. That is NOT what the Constitution really says. That amendment was to grant citizenship to children born of slaves and ensures that they ARE Americans and not every Tom Dick and Harry that shows up on our soil with a "wife" to give birth.
  • FLBabe 2010/06/25 19:08:46
  • PartysOver FLBabe 2010/06/25 21:50:09
    PartysOver
    +3
    That's soooo true
  • FLBabe PartysOver 2010/06/25 22:08:38
    FLBabe
    +1
    Unfortunately so.
  • Kane Fernau 2010/06/25 19:03:06
    Kane Fernau
    +4
    Military Coup????
  • pbunny Kane Fe... 2010/06/25 20:48:58
    pbunny
    +3
    if only
  • PartysOver Kane Fe... 2010/06/25 21:50:38
    PartysOver
    +3
    I'm thinkin'
  • oldsalt 2010/06/25 18:58:06
    oldsalt
    +4
    Altho I am no fan of Obummer & I'd always trust a 4-star over him, t he unfortunat e fact is that the Uniform Code of Milit ary Justice, Article 88 states (paraphrased) that no commisioned officer in the US military may make statements critical of POTUS,senators or congressmen. I do agree tho that McChrystal's remarks were dead on about Obummer & the doughboy(Biden). BTW I am retired from the US Navy
  • gribb oldsalt 2010/06/26 00:06:48
    gribb
    Thank you for being the one person on this topic with an understanding of this issue and for sharing actual facts regardless of your contempt for the President.
    Bush was right to dismiss his insubordinate generals, and so is Obama.
  • Broddy 2010/06/25 17:22:23
    Broddy
    +4
    This is a Community Organizer, that is his only real job if you can call it that , he has no real experience as anything and no concept of what doing any job requires .

community organizer real job real experience concept job requires
  • pbunny 2010/06/25 16:16:04 (edited)
    pbunny
    +4
    He doesn't want to let them do their job. He's only doing what he needs to do to appear to be fighting this war. Obama the Manchurian is in the process of destroying this country. He will keep doing it until he's stopped. The only thing that will stop him is to remove him from the white house. I'm sure a legal case is being prepared against him. It needs to be ready by November.

country stopped remove white house legal case prepared ready november
    +4
    If our troops were able to fight the war without all the restrictions that put them in danger we would be much closer to our objective. If Obama knew what he was doing both our troops and the US would be much better off.
  • Chili Babe 2010/06/25 15:44:52
    Chili Babe
    +1
    I think that President Obama is doing wat he have to do to see progress. To many ppl are tryin to down the man instead of supporting him in the things that he is tryin to do for our country. More trust and support is needed. Back him up and he won't fail!!!!!!!
  • PartysOver Chili Babe 2010/06/25 21:52:32
    PartysOver
    +2
    Bahahahaha
    Regression is the new Progressive.
  • Chili Babe PartysOver 2010/06/30 08:29:13
    Chili Babe
    Answer this question: Did u support Bush when he was in office? U probably did right, then y can't u support Obama? Is it because he is Democratic or is it because he is Black? I believe that most of u ppl r lookin at the color of the man's skin and that makes u think he will not amount to anythin. He is our president and until he gives me reason to not believe that he can do somethin for this country then im not goin to doubt him. He is better than most because believe me alot of ppl would have givin up tryin to help ppl who don't support or give their president a chance to prove himself!!!!!!!!!
  • PartysOver Chili Babe 2010/06/30 09:56:09
    PartysOver
    I was critical of Bush, didn't vote for him either time. Doesn't have a thing to do with Obama. The color of Obama's skin has nothing to do it, although it is typical of very small minded people to assume it's because he is black. I guess you also assume that I am white.
    Obama is a liar, a usurper, an anti-American. It's been proven time and again.

And yet you think he should be given a chance, see I gave him a chance when he was my State and Federal Senator. It was clear to me that he was a liar, said anything he needed to, to get elected.
    I think he should be tried for treason.
  • Chili Babe PartysOver 2010/06/30 20:15:49
    Chili Babe
    That is just so wrong and I'm not small minded I just asked the question that anyone would ask. I only brought up the color of his skin because u didn't give a more substantial reason as to why u are against him. I believe that everyone has a right to their own opinion, so when I see things that I don't agree with I comment on them as same as I would if I did agree.
  • PartysOver Chili Babe 2010/06/30 23:26:03
    PartysOver
    You only defend Obama for one reason, the color of his skin... and you call me the bigot. Truth hurts sista.
  • dick Chili Babe 2010/06/25 23:18:51
    dick
    +1
    You are kidding aren't you Obie hasn't got the slightest idea what he is doing!
  • Chili Babe dick 2010/06/30 08:18:24
    Chili Babe
    No i am not kiddin i believe he does know wat he is doin! The bottom line is when u elect someone to become president don't expect the changes that need to be done to happen quick, it doesn't work like that. Life is hard and with him bein over our entire country it makes his life that much harder because he is tryin to do things to make our lives a little better. We Americans need to support our president instead of puttin down on him! How do we expect ppl from another country to take him seriously if his own citizens don't. Have faith!!!! I believe that all u ppl who do not support him think that u all can do a better job than wat he is doin and the truth is u wouldn't know how to handle the things he has to go through. Bein president is a very stressful job! U non-believers should think about how hard it would be if u were in his position. None of the things that he has to take care of have a simple solution and there is no easy way out that would not have we citizens payin the price for. Obama told us before he was elected that it is goin to take some time to see progress in this country and the sooner u realize it the better off u will be!!!!!!!!!!!
  • boberry Chili Babe 2010/06/25 23:26:11
    boberry
    +2
    bahahaha He's already an epic failure. Trusting Obama with the fate of this country is like trusting a 38 yr old pedofile to babysit your 9 year old niece.
  • Chili Babe boberry 2010/06/30 08:22:09
    Chili Babe
    Hahahahaha very funny!No not really i was bein sarcastic, he has done as good as he could for this country and he is still tryin to make it better.
  • boberry Chili Babe 2010/06/30 14:37:02
  • Chili Babe boberry 2010/06/30 20:19:11
    Chili Babe
    Most ppl make illustrations like that for pure humor because they know that it's goin to sale!!!! Obama is tryin to help us, he is not ignorin us we have to many problems in this country goin on all at once and they all can't be solved at the same time
  • boberry Chili Babe 2010/06/30 20:29:33
    boberry
    +1
    In which state do you reside? State only. I don't want to know anything else. It's a matter of curiousity for me. Because if you were an Arizonan, you wouldn't be saying such things.
    No. You are incorrect. Art is a form of expression and not just "goin' to sale" (sell, actually). I know, because I AM an artist. It is a way to express emotions such as: frustration, joy, anger, abandonment (see image above). Obama has done nothing for this country other than to divide us more than ever. It's rather amusing to me that it was okay for us all to bash the snot out of Dubbya (I know I did) but this fella and his traitorous activities is above reproach? Please!!! He has done nothing other than send us spiraling into the abyss of failure as a nation.
  • Chili Babe boberry 2010/07/03 08:03:17
    Chili Babe
    No he didn't do it to us we actually did it to ourselves. Wat i mean by that is we only come together as one when there is a major crisis goin on. Look at 9/11 ppl where more close than they had ever been before. Truthfully wat i really believe is Obama can't help a country that divides themselves from one another. We choose not to help each other or even sit down amongst one another and hold a casual conversation unless it is with someone we have known for years. It was so easy for our country to get attacked because of our division. Don't u all think that ppl from other countries look at us so called Americans and see that we don't really back up any president that we have in office. They know that we r a vunerable country because everyone has this complex that if the president is not doin wat i want him to do when i want him to do it then he isn't a good president at all. Ppl from other countries look at us and laugh because we don't stick together. If we r supposed to be the greatest country in the world then y can't we all get along. I understand the art issue that u r tryin to make and sometimes it is like u said a way of expressing ones inner feelings, but i met an artist that does the art that r in some newspapers and he said that sometimes artists draw wat sells the m...
    No he didn't do it to us we actually did it to ourselves. Wat i mean by that is we only come together as one when there is a major crisis goin on. Look at 9/11 ppl where more close than they had ever been before. Truthfully wat i really believe is Obama can't help a country that divides themselves from one another. We choose not to help each other or even sit down amongst one another and hold a casual conversation unless it is with someone we have known for years. It was so easy for our country to get attacked because of our division. Don't u all think that ppl from other countries look at us so called Americans and see that we don't really back up any president that we have in office. They know that we r a vunerable country because everyone has this complex that if the president is not doin wat i want him to do when i want him to do it then he isn't a good president at all. Ppl from other countries look at us and laugh because we don't stick together. If we r supposed to be the greatest country in the world then y can't we all get along. I understand the art issue that u r tryin to make and sometimes it is like u said a way of expressing ones inner feelings, but i met an artist that does the art that r in some newspapers and he said that sometimes artists draw wat sells the most. I don't have a problem with that because everyone has to make a living somehow, and no im not an Arizonan i was a resident of Illinois now i am currently residing in Mississippi. Anyway, the point that i am tryin to make is that if we come together as a real country nothin can bring this country down.
  • boberry Chili Babe 2010/07/03 19:01:11
    boberry
    But my point has been that all the remarks Obama is making and the snide jabs and mockery he publicly makes against anyone not in line with HIS policies and ideology is doing EXACTLY that. Dividing. We should be coming together, I agree, however, he refuses to be a messenger of unity and collaboration. His whole tactic is "my way or the highway" so come November he will most likely be shown the highway by a republican dominated congress.
  • Chili Babe boberry 2010/07/06 02:08:50
    Chili Babe
    +1
    I'm happy we can agree about that, and i like the fact that u gave me a good reason to why u believe he is causing division in our country. I appreciate your honesty and just so u know i never once wanted to start an argument r try to make u go against wat u believe i just told u how i felt about the situation. Sorry if i came off as bein a misunderstanding dunce im really a very nice person! I just stick to wat i believe in and i see u do the same thing and i think thats good.
  • boberry Chili Babe 2010/07/06 02:24:41
    boberry
    +1
    I'm sure you are a very nice person and I thank you sincerely for listening to my point of view.
  • Chili Babe boberry 2010/07/06 04:37:25
    Chili Babe
    No problem i dont mind talkin to ppl, and im sure u are a nice person too. Thank u for listenin to me too. Anytime u wanna talk im willin to hold a conversation with u, but only if u want.....

2014/07/28 22:35:36