How many Generals has Obama fired? Perhaps it's time he let them do their job.

PartysOver 2010/06/25 11:02:28
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
WASHINGTON — President Barack Obama fired the top U.S. general in Afghanistan on Monday, replacing him with a former special forces commander in a quest for a more agile, unconventional approach in a war that has gone quickly downhill.

With the Taliban resurgent, Obama's switch from Gen. David McKiernan to Lt. Gen. Stanley McChrystal suggests the new commander in chief wants major changes along with the additional troops he's ordering into Afghanistan to shore up the war effort. McKiernan, on the job for less than a year, has repeatedly pressed for more forces. Although Obama has approved more than 21,000 additional troops this year, he has warned that the war will not be won by military means.

Defense Secretary Robert Gates echoed that view at a grim Pentagon news conference announcing the leadership overhaul. "As I have said many times before, very few of these problems can be solved by military means alone," he said. "And yet, from the military perspective, we can and must do better."

• America 2013/04/05 16:19:15
    America
    +2
    Everybody overlooks the constitution, thats why a vast majority of public officials should be removed from office and deported too! Go military! defend the American constitution and declare marshall law and take care of those who have defied it.
  • texasred 2010/06/29 03:33:28
    texasred
    +3
    He doesn't want them to do their job. He's a Muslim and doesn't want our soldiers over there anyway.
  • JT For Political Reform 2010/06/28 21:20:00
    JT For Political Reform
    +2
    I don't know who was the dumba$$ that had ordered men to build a fort in a valley in the mountains of Afghanistan so they could be shot at from high up like sitting ducks. They should fire whoever it was along with our commander-in-chief. We cannot win any war by being stupid. We have technology but we have no one that is willing or is allowed to fight the war the way it should be fought. You use the high ground for your advantage, you don't build an open kill zone between mountains in a valley.
  • mal 2010/06/27 01:16:22
    mal
    +3
    All potential dictators are paranoid and he is no different!
  • belle 2010/06/26 21:23:35
    belle
    +3
    Obama with absolutely no military experience to fall back on, but he get rids of a top General that has experience, just because Obama listens to the bias news media. What ever remarks the general made about Obumer were probably true and Obumer can't handle hearing the truth about himself.
  • jscusmc69 2010/06/26 20:00:35
    jscusmc69
    +3
    Sun Tzu---

He will win who knows when to fight and when not to fight. He will win who knows how to handle both superior and inferior forces. He will win whose army is animated by the same spirit throughout all its ranks. He will win who, prepared himself, waits to take the enemy unprepared. He will win who has military capacity and is not interfered with by the sovereign.
    -Sun Tzu, the Art of War

If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.
    - Sun Tzu

OBAMA doesn't have the brains God gave an ant let alone ANY MILITARY KNOWLEDGE---IF you are NOT in the fight to win you will always loose----I have NO DOUBT in my mind WE can win in a short time BUT OBAMA has NO CLUE and neither do some of his advisers.
  • Dagon 2010/06/26 13:38:30
  • Saucefix 2010/06/26 04:29:42
    Saucefix
    +1
    Didn't McKiernan give his resignation? I am pretty sure he resigned because of public backlash and not because the president actually did anything to him.
  • 12 Tone Melody 2010/06/26 01:19:59
  • dick 2010/06/25 23:09:40 (edited)
    dick
    +3
    This is exactly why I tell people that he is not my president! He is squating in our white house with his mate and their litter, but he isn't an American and as far as I am concerned he is the worst mistake the American public has ever made! squating white house mate litter american concerned mistake american public

Whoever the down rave is from! Thank you very much it's nice to know iv'e irritated a liberal today! litter american concerned mistake american public rave ive irritated liberal
  • damnyoumaggot 2010/06/25 22:49:50
    damnyoumaggot
    +4
    Maybe Obama is caught up in his own campaign bumper sticker mantra CHANGE CHANGE CHANGE!
  • PartysOver damnyou... 2010/06/25 22:52:14
  • Semper Fi PartysOver 2010/06/25 23:33:52
    Semper Fi
    +5
    McClellan, McArthur, McKierman, McCrystal......McWTF?.
  • PartysOver Semper Fi 2010/06/25 23:42:25
    PartysOver
    +3
    LOL Command in McGoof.
  • Semper Fi PartysOver 2010/06/25 23:46:23 (edited)
    Semper Fi
    +4
    If I was a 4 star McGeneral, I'd change my McFricken name!!
  • PartysOver Semper Fi 2010/06/25 23:47:27
    PartysOver
    +3
    LOL... well it does go well with the McPresident. lol mcpresident lol mcpresident
  • pbunny PartysOver 2010/06/26 00:55:20
    pbunny
    +4
    Very Mcfkn funny you two.
  • gribb 2010/06/25 22:44:32
    gribb
    General McChrystal was clearly insubordinate with his Rolling Stone interview. Obama would be a fool and a coward not to replace him.
  • PartysOver gribb 2010/06/25 22:45:10
    PartysOver
    +4
    And he is a fool and a coward anyway... as well as a terrible leader and a marxist.
  • gribb PartysOver 2010/06/25 22:57:06
    gribb
    lol good thing you are a civilian :)
  • PartysOver gribb 2010/06/25 22:58:25
  • dick gribb 2010/06/25 23:14:57 (edited)
    dick
    +2
    Insubordinate or not Obie doesn't deserve respect from anyone and it doesn't suprise me that the people in our armed forces don't respect him!
  • gribb dick 2010/06/26 00:01:21
    gribb
    Obama has more respect and support in the armed forces than McChrystal does, and I'm certain that neither cares much for your support, dick. It is good that Petraeus will be in command since he seemed to understand his place while serving under Bush.
  • PartysOver gribb 2010/06/26 01:24:49
    PartysOver
    +1

More respect! HA! That's priceless. Hilarious.

respect ha priceless hilarious
  • dick PartysOver 2010/06/26 16:59:49
    dick
    +1
    Have a great weekend weekend
  • dick gribb 2010/06/26 16:58:38 (edited)
    dick
    +2
    Petraeus is a great General but you are seriously mistaken about Obies popularity in the service I support our troops anytime anywhere it's just a crying shame the commander in chief is a joke. Ya know I don't think you are ignorant it is just that what you think you know just isn't so!
  • gribb dick 2010/06/26 20:25:25
    gribb
    No I don't think Obama is adored by all. That wasn't a point about Obama's high popularity, it was about McChrystals low popularity. Many will be thrilled to see him go and Petraeus take over.
  • PartysOver gribb 2010/06/26 21:11:45
    PartysOver
    They are both loons, they both need to go.
  • boberry gribb 2010/06/25 23:21:31
    boberry
    +5
    Silly statement. If you had a brilliant surgeon for your heart transplant and he ruffled your feathers by calling you fat, lazy and told you to put down the ice cream, would you still allow his brilliance to save your life?
  • Semper Fi boberry 2010/06/25 23:30:21
    Semper Fi
    +3
    Very well put!
  • boberry Semper Fi 2010/06/25 23:51:02
    boberry
    +3
    Thank you. I'm all about military code, but this has been blown out of proportion. He didn't trash BHO, but his ranks spoke openly and frankly. He would have sent a better message by keeping McChrystal on. I keep saying that we need to exchange the silver spoon in Obama's mouth for a golden pacifier. What a cry baby.
  • dick boberry 2010/06/26 17:03:35
    dick
    +2
    You are so right it's one thing to call a guy in and talk to him but to get rid of a man that is such a great leader because he criticized you is just plain dumb!
  • dick Semper Fi 2010/06/26 17:04:24
    dick
    +2
    Nice to run into my friends on these kind of posts! have a great weekend!
  • Semper Fi dick 2010/06/28 12:33:39
    Semper Fi
    +2
    Hey pal! Always good to "read" you!! :)
  • gribb boberry 2010/06/25 23:58:52
    gribb
    non-sequitur.

McChrystal is a subordinate and a military man. If a civilian government employee were to give this interview he would certainly keep his post, but it's likely that nobody would care what he had to say. Also, McChrystal's criticism is very public, unlike your example.

President Bush was right to dismiss the generals who criticized him publicly, and there were many.

President Obama is also right to dismiss McChrystal.
  • boberry gribb 2010/06/26 00:03:13
    boberry
    +3
    I disagree. Obama is very thin-skinned. Bush wasn't. I was never a fan of Dubbya but I had to give him a little nod for eating the criticism heaped his way. He was deserving of criticism in a lot of areas and I was probably one of his biggest critics. It just seems as though anyone that disagrees with BHO disappears. Dubbya didn't cut his nose off to spite his face the way that BHO does. Look at the situation in the Gulf? Dubbya would have admitted he wasn't smart enough to handle it and he would have accepted help from the Norwegians. BHO's ego is the thing that is most important to him and it shows in every decision he makes. We aren't important, and our country isn't important to this miscreant.
  • gribb boberry 2010/06/26 00:10:58
    gribb
    Thanks for sharing your interesting opinions, but none of that is relevant. Do you disagree that Bush fired generals for similar offenses and was right to do so?
  • boberry gribb 2010/06/26 00:31:39
    boberry
    +2
    Bush was wrong and so is BHO. That simple.
  • gribb boberry 2010/06/26 00:45:14
    gribb
    Not the answer I expected and I'm impressed. Read oldsalt's comment: UCMJ Article 88 spells out the law on this matter.
  • boberry gribb 2010/06/26 00:59:01
    boberry
    +2
    I'll be sure to check out Oldsalt's comment. Like I said, I just think we reach a point where we shoot ourselves in the foot. He doesn't uphold the law on any other matter, so why does he choose this to stick to the letter of military ruling? I likened it earlier to firing a crackshot cardiac surgeon because he calls you fat, lazy and tells you to put down the ice cream.

2014/10/30 18:23:46