How many Black Presidents has the United States had and how many of them were Republican?

prayer warrior 2008/12/30 00:57:01
They are Thomas Jefferson,Andrew Jackson,Abraham Lincoln,Warren Harding,andCalvin Coolidge

The best case for Black ancestory is against W. Harding Republican President. When Republicans asked him to deny his "Negro history" he said "How should I know whether or not my ancestors jumped the fence". William Chancelor a white professor of economics at Wooster college in Ohio wrote a book on the Harding genealogy and identified Black ancestors among both parents. The Justice dept. destroyed all copies of this book. Harding attended Iberia college which was founded to educate fugitive slaves.

Jackson was the 7th president. His mother was white from Ireland who married a negro after the death of her husband Andrew Jackson sr. Andrew Jackson jr.had an older brother who was sold into slavery in the Carolinas Andrew Jackson sr died long before Andrew Jackson jr was born. Read the book " Ordeal of the Presidency" by David Coyle and you will find these stories.

Thomas Jefferson one of the founding father'sof our nation his mother was half Indian and his father was a mullato from Virgina. After his mother's death March 31, 1776. He destroyed all his mother's letters and informationsh had about his Black ancestory.

Lincoln's mother was Nancy Hanks and she told J A Rogers that Lincoln was the illegitimate son of an African. Lincoln's law partner said Lincoln had very dark skin and coarse hair. He said he could not have been the son of Thomas Lincoln because he was sterile from childhood mumps and later castrated. Read the book " The Hidden Lincoln" by William Herndon. There was a cartoon of Lincoln being Black and it was named Africanus the first it is in Washington today.

Coolidge proudly admitted his mother was dark of mixed Indian heritage. Dr. Bakhinfu says that 1800 New England Indians were hardly pure Indians because they mixed with Blacks. Coolidge's mother's maiden was Moor" a name given to all Blacks in Europe just as the name nigger is used in America"

• antiteaparty 2011/12/31 01:15:59
    antiteaparty
    +6
    It depends on who the republicans are giving a speech to... I've heard them claim to be Jewish when giving speeches in front of the Jewish League and Black when talking in front of the Naacp... so since pandering is now a race I'd say all of them?

• Sarah Alexander 2012/01/06 15:21:27
    Sarah Alexander
    +1
    Honestly, I don't care because it doesn't matter. I think it depends what you consider black, do you have to be 100% black? 50% or more? Does just a little count? I think that if you identify as black and that is how you are viewed by society, then you are black and it seems like Obama is the only president who has identified as such.
  • prayer ... Sarah A... 2012/01/06 21:21:37
    prayer warrior
    You are right Obama is the only one who appears Black but the rules were made a long time ago by southern courts one drop rule and you are Black
  • sha_lyn68 2012/01/02 18:44:31
    sha_lyn68
    ZERO..... Obama is only 1/2 black
  • REALIST 2012/01/02 04:27:00
    one
    REALIST
    +1
    abe lincoln sure looked slightly black to me,,,,,more that mariah carey! mariah carey abe lincoln looked black memore mariah carey
  • wolfshadow 2012/01/01 08:47:12
    wolfshadow
  • rand 2011/12/31 23:44:45
    rand
    Following the famed "1% Rule", who can really know. I mean by that standard, Dinah Shore was black. And why isn't Obama designated a mulatto? How does being half-Negro somehow make one "black"?
  • prayer ... rand 2012/01/01 03:54:37
    prayer warrior
    +1
    Well many whites and Blacks look at him as being Black the fact is he is treated as a Black. There are Blacks the same color as he is and both there parents are Black. There was a one drop rule established in the south and it has not changed for many people.
    There is no such term used these days and many of those like Obama are considered Black.
    Then you have those like Obama that classify themselves White and act that way. They live as a White person.
    If you have seen the Creoles in the south some look white and can pass for White in fact many have done just that.
  • rand prayer ... 2012/01/01 15:11:52
    rand
    +1
    My point was/is that it's purely a matter of chosen definitions. I hope my children live to see the day when people are simply seen as people.
  • prayer ... rand 2012/01/02 01:15:03
    prayer warrior
    +1
    I hope you are right but I heard some 13 year olds talking about color and I just shook my head.
  • Annie~Pro American~Pro Israel 2011/12/31 17:44:53
    Annie~Pro American~Pro Israel
    +2
    One POTUS that is half white - half black and he is a progressive liberal.
  • prayer ... Annie~P... 2012/01/01 03:55:16
    prayer warrior
    +1
    Ok touche'
  • LesWaggoner BN 1 2011/12/31 09:01:34
    LesWaggoner BN 1
    +3
    Historians' and biographers' studies of these presidents have not supported such claims, nor have the claims been peer-reviewed. They are generally ignored. They repeat each other's material and are classified as rumormongers and amateur historians.
  • prayer ... LesWagg... 2011/12/31 09:06:47
    prayer warrior
    I don't have the answer but the one I lean toward's is Harding because of what he said and the college he attended. Thank you for your comment and It was food for thought.
  • LesWagg... prayer ... 2011/12/31 09:43:16
    LesWaggoner BN 1
    You can lean as far as you want but at this point it is pure speculation which will never be proven. Just dont lean so far that you fall over.
  • Annie~P... LesWagg... 2011/12/31 17:45:41
    Annie~Pro American~Pro Israel
    Bingo!
  • prayer ... LesWagg... 2012/01/01 03:57:28 (edited)
    prayer warrior
    Ok but does that mean that one or all might not have been Black. Remember Harding never denied it when republicans asked him. if he had negriod ancestors Why would he as a White man go to college with negroes? Was he a liberal in disguise?
  • LesWagg... prayer ... 2012/01/01 04:35:10
    LesWaggoner BN 1
    Why dont you ask Harding.
    You bring up a subject that is no longer provable, if it ever was. There are many reasons for a man to educate himself wherever he obtains his education.

I began my education in the computer industry with the Los Angeles Urban League Data Processing Center and was the only white face among several hundred students.

Cert LAUL
  • prayer ... LesWagg... 2012/01/02 01:18:52
    prayer warrior
    When examining proofs and what people say you must take in consideration the time, area ,and culture. Remember doing his era being negro was not political correcct anymore then being called Black. Thank you for your opinion and answer. Have a blessed New Yera
  • les_gvt 2011/12/31 05:45:14
    les_gvt
    +3
    I thought Bill claimed to be the first black president

claimed black president
  • COCO les_gvt 2011/12/31 06:38:17
  • reasontolive 2011/12/31 05:08:09
    reasontolive
    +3
    I am always at a loss as to why people so easily buy into "articles" like this. A quick google search or two easily disproves it.
  • prayer ... reasont... 2011/12/31 05:13:43
    prayer warrior
    +2
    Well when Obama first started to run for office some lady stated that he was not the first so I looked for links and found several that named those Presidents. I thought this would be good food for thought. Then Warren Harding never denied it when asked and he went to a college for freed slaves. My question is why would any white man in those days go to school with blacks??
    I will give you one of the links

http://www.squidoo.com/FiveBl...
  • reasont... prayer ... 2011/12/31 18:22:58
    reasontolive
    +1
    If you go by a "one drop" rule, which is of course ridiculous, then most likely all the presidents are black. This link has a different story about Lincoln than did the original. The one listed with the question said his father was sterile, this link claims both his parents were of African decent. Lincoln had an older sister, and there are portraits of his parents online, no apparent African descent. Some of the political cartoons depicting him as black, like with Harding, were because of his unpopular views on civil rights.

Harding's family says they were victims of extortion, someone claiming WGH's great-great grandparent was black. The college he went to was Ohio Central College, Iberia, Ohio, which was in his county and open to all races and both sexes, which was very progressive at the time. I think it is being confused with Central State University, in Wilberforce, Ohio, which is the historically black university. It does not claim Harding as an alum. Harding was a proponent of voting rights for blacks and this also led to political "accusations" regarding his heretage.

There is also a portrait of Coolidge's mother online and on Calvin Coolidge described his mother as fair skinned with light hair and that his youngest son looked like her.

Jackson was the son of Sc...

Jackson was the son of Scotish-Irish immigrants, both parents born and raised abroad. Jackson's father died 3 weeks before his birth. He was not a result of any supposed 2nd marriage of his mother.

Jefferson surely father biracial children, but he was not one himself. There is no documentation otherwise.
  • prayer ... reasont... 2012/01/01 04:06:35 (edited)
    prayer warrior
    Were you aware that many Blacks pass for White every year and the reason they do this is because they have no visible signs of being Black.and if I was passing for White would I leave evidence that I was Black??

I know some of those that passed for White because I know their family members. I promise you that there are Blacks who can and have passed for White. I know lots of Creoles.

Just giving you food for thought. And thank you for answering this question which I asked four years ago. I was shocked to see so many comments on the subject
  • reasont... prayer ... 2012/01/02 01:07:00
    reasontolive
    +1
    Yes, I know there are blacks that can and do pass for white. My dad was in the military and I went to school with many mixed-racial friends. I had friends that were 1/2 black who no one would believe were mixed at all. I also had a classmate whose dad was black and mom was white. Her brother looked Spanish and she just looked white, straight hair, light skin and eyes. No one would believe her that her dad was black.

In many ways, the world was smaller in the era of these past presidents, although I realize telecommunications links us all more and more. Given what a career ender it would have been for any of these men to have had near relatives that were black, that the stories of their relatives, if real, would have remained in the community for generations, I can not believe that any of them reached the presidency in their time, if any of it were true.
  • prayer ... reasont... 2012/01/02 01:24:47
    prayer warrior
    Thank you for this opinion but you yourself proved my point it was possible. Remember in those days if someone said you were Black but looked White you would be a laughing stock.
    Just think about it different timme and era. Lack of communication and that is why some Whites today have Black ancestory and don't know it. I know a case where this is true and the man woman found out her husband was Black because genetics told on him. Her third child is dark.

The exchange has been interesting and thank you for your opinion.
  • reasont... prayer ... 2012/01/02 01:39:55
    reasontolive
    +1
    Yes, I appreciate that one can have black ancestors and not know it and if they show no outside features, no one would ever suspect. My point is that if it were true, it such closed communities, when people didn't travel so much, that is very unlikely that someone would be able to escape their genetics. AND for some reason, they were, no one would know for sure that it was true without a DNA test, which has not been done on the remains of any of these men.
  • prayer ... reasont... 2012/01/02 01:43:57
    prayer warrior
    +1
    Point well taken and if they wanted to get to the truth a DNA test would be perfect. But then you have some who would claim the ttest was tainted.
  • REALIST prayer ... 2012/01/02 04:32:20
    REALIST
    hes just the first with true african american features. barack obama warren harding
  • prayer warrior 2011/12/31 04:26:27 (edited)
    prayer warrior
    +1
    The Five Black Presidents of the United States of AmericaSafe SiteThe Five Black Presidents of the United States of America . loading; 27; RSS; ... that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, ...

http://www.squidoo.com/FiveBl...

http://www.africaresource.com...

http://www.freerepublic.com/f...
  • kapsa321 2011/12/31 04:09:36
    kapsa321
    +2
    This is beyond retarded.
  • prayer ... kapsa321 2011/12/31 05:06:13
    prayer warrior
    +1
    Well thank you this is about opinion on what I found
  • Gracie - Proud Conservative 2011/12/31 01:58:43
    Gracie - Proud Conservative
    +4
    Harding was not black, that's a myth.
  • prayer ... Gracie ... 2011/12/31 08:55:34
    prayer warrior
    Well President Harding is the first White man to willingly go to a college that was set up for freed slaves. Then again he is the first white man when asked did he have negroid ancestory instead of saying no said it was possible.
  • Gracie ... prayer ... 2011/12/31 22:45:55
    Gracie - Proud Conservative
    He said "how do I know", not that it was possible. Still, it's just a myth.
  • prayer ... Gracie ... 2012/01/01 04:08:41
    prayer warrior
    +1
    Well if I were him I would have said no. But that is me . Thank you for the comments
  • reasont... prayer ... 2012/01/02 01:10:53
    reasontolive
    +1
    Check out the difference between Ohio Central College, Iberia, Ohio, which survivors claim Harding as an alum, and Central State University, in Wilberforce, Ohio, which was is an historically black university and does not claim Harding as an alum.
  • prayer ... reasont... 2012/01/02 01:25:23
    prayer warrior
    Ok thank you will do
  • TiY ™ 2011/12/31 01:52:45
    TiY ™
    +4
    Well technically we are all black because the human race started in Africa.
  • Annie~P... TiY ™ 2011/12/31 03:14:23
    Annie~Pro American~Pro Israel
    +1
    Got any links for that one?

2014/09/16 11:33:22