How Many Believe that Politicians are not owned by corporate america?

Xerxes 2012/05/07 13:54:08
This is strictly out of curiosity, with the upcoming election, I began to wonder how many of our elected officials the people still believe.

If you can please provide any relevant research.......Thank You

• H H 2012/05/07 19:44:00
    H H
    "Corporate America" is really global. When one understands the vast sums of money involved, it is no wonder that all major politicians are owned by the banking cabal and its corporations. America's first big mistake was allowing zuwr strangers, esp. Esau, to immigrate here. Another big mistake was allowing Esau to take over the country's banking and monetary systems.
    http://educate-yourself.org/n...
  • Max 2012/05/07 16:59:28
    Max
    +2
    I never paid much attention to politics until about five or six years ago. It seems some politicians will tell you what they think you want to hear, then they'll do what's best for them.

I ran into a blog that had a post about corporate influence in America and the globe. Check it out:

Under the title: Naming Names: Your Real Government...

"This is your real government; they transcend elected administrations, they permeate every political party, and they are responsible for nearly every aspect of the average American and European's way of life. When the "left" is carrying the torch for two "Neo-Con" wars, starting yet another based on the same lies, peddled by the same media outlets that told of Iraqi WMD's, the world has no choice, beyond profound cognitive dissonance, but to realize something is wrong."

"What's wrong is a system completely controlled by a corporate-financier oligarchy with financial, media, and industrial empires that span the globe. If we do not change the fact that we are helplessly dependent on these corporations that regulate every aspect of our nation politically, and every aspect of our lives personally, nothing else will ever change."

Read more at the link below from Land Destroyer Blog:

http://landdestroyer.blogspot...
  • Xerxes Max 2012/05/07 17:10:30
    Xerxes
    I will check it out
  • Old Geecer 2012/05/07 15:10:35
    Old Geecer
    +1
    I've said it before that money will corrupt everybody in one way or another, look at marriages for money, (only one fourth of all marriages is for love). A honest Politicians is something to dream about, everybody knows that every Congresspeople and Senators are just in there for the money!
  • Max Old Geecer 2012/05/07 16:30:29
    Max
    +1
    I don't believe that about Ron Paul. I think he works for his constituents and America. There must be other honest politicians.
  • Xerxes Max 2012/05/07 16:41:21
    Xerxes
    While I do not agree with you, I thank you for your opinion
  • Old Geecer Max 2012/05/09 15:21:54
    Old Geecer
    +1
    If you believe in Ron Paul "good", I'm just guessing here, but Ron is taking pack money just like all the rest of them.
  • Xerxes Old Geecer 2012/05/09 16:43:42
    Xerxes
    Sorry if I gave you that impression, I was just asking out of curiosity. I am neither for or against any of them. My belief is if voting actually changed anything it would be illegal. I believe anyone now running for any office is out to line his pockets no matter which party.

Thank You for your reply,hope I answer question
  • Old Geecer Xerxes 2012/05/10 14:40:08
    Old Geecer
    +1
    Amen to that!
  • bob 2012/05/07 14:50:32
    bob
    +1
    The sad truth politicians at both the Federal and state levels are owned by corporations
  • Roger47 2012/05/07 14:39:12
    Roger47
    +2
    This is a good place to start.
    http://www.opensecrets.org/
  • Rebel Yell 2012/05/07 14:20:21
    Rebel Yell
    +2
    Moneyed interests own our congressmen. Look no further than ALEC which is no lobbyist. ALEC describes itself as a non-partisan, non-profit organization. The facts show that it currently has one Democrat out of 104 legislators in leadership positions. Through ALEC, behind closed doors, corporations hand state legislators the changes to the law they desire that directly benefit their bottom line. Participating legislators, overwhelmingly conservative Republicans, then bring those proposals home and introduce them in statehouses across the land as their own brilliant ideas and important public policy innovations—without disclosing that corporations crafted and voted on the bills.

ALEC isn't shy about this. ALEC boasts that it has over 1,000 of their bills introduced by legislative members every year, with one in every five of them enacted into law.

Where ds ALEC get its power? It receives direct grants from corporations, such as $1.4 million from ExxonMobil from 1998-2009. It has also received grants from some of the biggest foundations funded by corporate CEOs in the country, such as: the Koch family Charles G. Koch Foundation, the Koch-managed Claude R. Lambe Foundation, the Scaife family Allegheny Foundation, the Coors family Castle Rock Foundation, to name a few.
  • Xerxes Rebel Yell 2012/05/07 14:34:31
    Xerxes
    +1
    Thanks, I have been schooled
  • Dan 2012/05/07 14:06:23 (edited)
    Dan
    +1
    I don't have any real detailed research but I do know money talks. I'm realy not a fan of Barny Frank but I had to admire his honest answer in a recent interview. He said (I'm giving the short version) politicians always take special interest money. But they will never risk losing an election over losing the money. Without the position the money is gone. But if there's no pressure from the people the politicfian will go with the money.
  • Xerxes Dan 2012/05/07 14:16:28
    Xerxes
    +1
    Agree, if the people would recall a few; might give them a change of heart
  • Dan Xerxes 2012/05/07 14:20:19
    Dan
    +1
    Voting is power.
  • DS in Oak Ridge NC 2012/05/07 14:02:55 (edited)
    DS in Oak Ridge NC
    +1
    I think corporate ownership concerns are overblown. Pols follow issues, opinions, & policies voters can either get behind / support, or they get voted out. Corporations and Unions have stakes and points of view that either align or oppose, and that's why money flows.
  • Bingo's Faddah 2012/05/07 13:58:05
    Bingo's Faddah
    +2
    I thought it was a requirement. One can "google" campaign donations and see that it's true.
  • Xerxes Bingo's... 2012/05/07 13:59:35
    Xerxes
    +1
    I know, but I did this out of sheer curiosity.
  • Bingo's... Xerxes 2012/05/08 12:47:41
    Bingo's Faddah
    +1
    The Simian world applauds curiosity.

party on bill and ted
  • Xerxes Bingo's... 2012/05/08 13:11:34
    Xerxes
    lmao...........Thanks
  • wolf sloan 2012/05/07 13:56:03
    wolf sloan
    +2
    I think most of us are taking that as a given by now.
  • Xerxes wolf sloan 2012/05/07 13:58:16
    Xerxes
    +1
    I agree, but it is sad.

2014/11/22 21:36:51