How do you kill a roach infestation? including very small roaches that could pass as ants.

dasi34 2009/06/08 08:45:40
glue traps
roach spray
am big money I get an  exterminator
roach motel
roach bait
roach bait nest destroyer

• comptech - Quit whining please 2009/06/28 09:04:31
    no way
    comptech - Quit whining please

In Florida roaches get into almost every home at one time or another and I have tried everything you have listed and more and the most effective for me is the "Roach Gel" , I usually don't see another roach 2-3 days after I use it.
  • dasi34 2009/06/08 19:32:25
    no way
    dasi34
    Apparently there is no way for me, I share a duplex with a slob next door and even when I exterminate I am afraid they will come back, cats aren't aloud here and you gotta be crazy to do that much work with boric acid, the name acid sounds dangerous, and I would feel like a complete fool.
  • NotWith... dasi34 2009/06/08 20:01:28
    NotWithoutAFight
    That boric acid took care of it for my neighbor too! They were evidently pigs....
  • IcePrincessxXx 2009/06/08 14:20:57
    no way
    IcePrincessxXx
    +1
    i hate them i hate them
    so even if i see one i run
    and let my daddy kill it
    hehe
  • Robin 2009/06/08 11:56:51 (edited)
    am big money I get an exterminator
    Robin
    +1
    I stepped up and paid an exterminator to treat the whole house with Boric Acid. One time cost with free follow-ups. Non-toxic to humans & pets. I've never been more satified with a pest control product.

cost free follow-ups non-toxic humans pets ive satified pest product
  • reignfyr 2009/06/08 09:46:41
    no way
    reignfyr
    +1
    None of the above would have been my choice...what you wanna do is get a box of boric acid, mix it with some powdered mild or sugar, and line the backs of your cabinets and drawers, behind the stove and fridge with it. Takes about a week. it kills them all! This is a tried and true remedy I got from my great grandma when I lived above joe's apartment. It even got rid of his roaches, and if you saw the movie you can see how amazing that is.
  • NotWithoutAFight 2009/06/08 09:29:43
    no way
    NotWithoutAFight
    Boric Acid.http://www.ehow.com/how_...

1.
    Step 1

Take all food and dishes out of cabinets and drawers. Put food in sealed containers. Clean all counter tops, inside cabinets, drawers, and in any dark places in your kitchen and bathrooms with mild soapy water. Put trash outside of the house. Vacuum all carpets and other floors making sure to clean in corners and along walls.
    2.
    Step 2

Fill holes and seal cracks in exterior walls and floors with caulk or foam insulation so roaches can't get in from outside. Let the caulk and foam insulation dry and set completely. Don't use glue products, roaches sometimes eat glue. Dry up any water that shouldn't be inside or outside of your house. Roaches can live a long time without food, but they need water regularly.
    3.
    Step 3

Paint inside of cabinets and drawers and other dark places if possible. Let the paint dry completely. Roaches will sometimes avoid hiding in dark places if they are painted a light color. Try not to use paper to line cabinet shelves, if there’s any spaces under the paper, they may hide there.
    4.
    Step 4

Apply boric acid (do not breath in or ingest boric acid and its recommended to use rubber dish gloves and a quality dust mask when using boric acid). If your ...

'

'''

&

Boric Acid.http://www.ehow.com/how_...

1.
    Step 1

2.
    Step 2

3.
    Step 3

4.
    Step 4

Apply boric acid (do not breath in or ingest boric acid and its recommended to use rubber dish gloves and a quality dust mask when using boric acid). If your house is infested with a lot of roaches, you may want to leave for about three days with your family and pets after you do this. Sprinkle onto counter tops, in cabinets, in empty drawers, under your stove and refrigerator, and in any dark place roaches may hide. Spread it on your kitchen and bathroom floors. Sprinkle some along the walls in the living room, hallways and bedrooms. Make sure to put some around entry doors too. You can also sprinkle the powder outside around the foundation of your house. When you leave, make sure there are no lights on in your house. The roaches will come out when it is dark and walk through the boric acid looking for food. They will ingest the powder as they eat food and when they clean their legs and antenna with their mouths.

When you come home, carefully cleanup as much of the powder as you can with a wet rag. Vacuum all of the powder that remains. You can leave some of it in dark places, under the stove and refrigerator and where you know roaches hide. Don't leave any where food is stored or where kids or pets can reach and touch the powder. Then clean your house thoroughly with mild soap and water.

If you don't have many roaches, you don't have to leave for three days, just sprinkle the boric acid in dark places and where you know roaches hide and under the stove and refrigerator. Don't put any where food is stored or where kids or pets can reach and touch the powder.
    5.
    Step 5

If you see a roach later, just spray it with a mild solution of soap and water mixed together in a pump spray bottle. It’s easier to clean up and a good quality soap will kill roaches just as good as toxic bug spray. If you feel you need to use bug spray, try to use one that is non toxic.

Tips & Warnings

*
    Try to use non toxic cleaners and pesticides.
    *
    Using a stronger solution of soap and water in a pump sprayer as a cleaner and roach killer works better.
    *
    The more you clean before and after this boric acid treatment, the more roaches you will kill.
    *
    Vacuuming in as many places as you can before and after this treatment, also helps to lower roach populations.
    *
    Using a quality dust mask is recommended. Although boric acid is generally not considered to be much more toxic than table salt.
    *
    Sprinkle gently and try not to let the fine powder float in the air.

When I lived in the south - it worked. And those roaches were big enough to HEAR! gently fine powder float air lived south worked roaches hear
  • reignfyr NotWith... 2009/06/08 09:48:27
    reignfyr
    +2
    Wow...you took it to the next level. I did it the ghetto way compared to your instructions...still worked, though.
  • NotWith... reignfyr 2009/06/08 09:52:16
    NotWithoutAFight
    I detest roaches. I lived in an apartment once ... my neighbors wouldn't exterminate - so they just kept coming back via the neighbors.

It was the only thing that worked.
  • reignfyr NotWith... 2009/06/08 10:17:32
    reignfyr
    +1
    And it worked fast... like I said they even killed the roaches in joe's apartment. Would you believe he asked me what happened..as If he missed them or something...EEEk!
  • NotWith... reignfyr 2009/06/08 10:19:13
    NotWithoutAFight
    LOL - thank you - that was my first belly laugh of the day - at Joe's expense eh?
  • reignfyr NotWith... 2009/06/08 17:18:45
    reignfyr
    +1
    LOL...and his name was really Joe... it was so ironic...and down right funny.
  • SeaSparkzz 2009/06/08 09:02:56
    am big money I get an exterminator
    SeaSparkzz
    dude, if I had a roach problem, I'd do something serious about it.
    But, I also have indoor cats, so they keep the bug population inside down.

2014/07/31 23:51:54