How Do They Make Electricity?

TheR 2012/03/21 12:58:40
There are several ways to produce Electricity.

1. Coal
2. Hydro
3. Geothermal
4. Solar
5. Wind Power
6.Nuclear
7. The Flying GEM-G

Coal: Pollutes the Air. Spending Billions to Operate
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbon_capture_and_storage

One limitation of CCS is its energy penalty. The technology is expected to use between 10 and 40 percent of the energy produced by a power station.Wide-scale adoption of CCS may erase efficiency gains in coal power plants of the last 50 years, and increase resource consumption by one third. Even taking the fuel penalty into account, however, overall levels of CO2 abatement would remain high at approximately 80-90%, compared to a plant without CCS. It is possible for CCS, when combined with biomass, to result in net negative emissions. Though, all of the currently (as of Feb 2011) operational BECCS (Bio-energy with carbon capture and storage) plants operate on point emissions other than power stations, such as biofuel refineries.

The use of CCS can reduce CO2 emissions from the stacks of coal power plants by 85-90% or more, but it has no effect on CO2 emissions due to the mining and transport of coal. It will actually "increase such emissions and of air pollutants per unit of net delivered power and will increase all ecological, land-use, air-pollution, and water-pollution impacts from coal mining, transport, and processing, because the CCS system requires 25% more energy, thus 25% more coal combustion, than does a system without CCS".

Coal plant stacks Electric Plant Photo

Hydro Dams: Spend Billions to displace people, ruins Fish Stocks, and River
Hydro Electric Dam Photo

Flow.Geo Thermal: Disadvantages see here:

http://www.alternative-energy-resources.net/disadvantages-of-...
Geo Thermal Plant Photo

Solar Panels: Spend Billions, but not much good on Cloudy Days or Night time.

Solar Panels Photo

Wind Power Turbines: Not much good when the Wind Won't Blow, or being able to Control the wind Speed. They also spend Billions for this.

Wind Turbine Photo

Nuclear Power: Spend$ Billion$ to have toxic radioactive waste that last$for year$. Like at Fukushima, where radioactive fire spewed Toxic gas into air, and contaminated the Ocean waters affecting Fish Stock, and Eco system.
http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid;=31401

Fukishima Nuclear Disaster photo
Fukishima Nuclear Disaster photo
Fukishima Disaster photo
Nuclear Plant at Fukushima Photo

Hey Something New:
http://www.sodahead.com/united-states/electrical-energy-ends-...

The Flying GEM-G. Runs non-stop, Non-polluting, Environmentally Friendly, Non-Toxic, Non-Radioactive, Does not need the Sun or Wind, or River Water. And No One has spent 5 cents on it, for development. Why? Oh yeah!, I don't work for the Government or the Politicians.

See here for more Information:
http://www.sodahead.com/united-states/how-i-achieved-energy-a...

The Flying GEM G Photo

• keymanjim 2012/03/21 13:07:06
    keymanjim
    +3
    Coal is our best bet. If the exhaust is scrubbed through photobioreactors, they can also indirectly produce transportation fuels.

• john n 2012/05/17 06:41:51
    john n
    +1
    That is incredible, I wish you success, but I fear that this oil hungry government and their corporate friends will block you at every turn...
  • TheR john n 2012/05/17 09:46:19 (edited)
    TheR
    +2
    I will Fight! and Fight! and Fight!
    And Fight with all my might!
    And when I win, and get it right!
    Then you will see the Light !
  • john n TheR 2012/05/18 00:48:04
    john n
    +2
    1000 raves! Do your patenting in Germany, they are directly connected with Japan, so for a few more dollars you can get two patents, and the chances of someone trying too steal the invention from you are less likely. I have a Link and PDF with all of the forms hidden away in a file somewhere on my computer, when I find it I will get back too you...
  • TheR john n 2012/05/18 01:05:57
    TheR
    +2
    OK. But I also have many many Chinese friends
  • john n TheR 2012/05/18 02:21:38
    john n
    +2
    Any open market is a good one...
  • TheR 2012/05/01 05:04:05
    TheR
    +2
    I also will also use Large Capacitors instead of Batteries for instant discharge of electric to rotate the Gyro, and have one of the Wind turbines have a constant recharge for intermittent cycling.
  • Pamu 2012/03/21 13:17:22
    Pamu
    Electricity is never made but the energy is converted to electricity from the other form and it may be through hydro variety,mechanically and so on .
  • FAWKES' NOOSE ~ ΔTX 2012/03/21 13:12:44
  • Woody 2012/03/21 13:09:20
    Woody
    +1
    We need energy, use them all...
  • keymanjim 2012/03/21 13:07:06
    keymanjim
    +3
  • TheR keymanjim 2012/05/01 10:08:01 (edited)
    TheR
    +2
    I disagree, with using coal. It costs much more, than my invention, is not portable, and you always have to burn, and maintenance of pbr's is always on going. You like climbing in there don't you! And you destroy the earth.
    Stop Coal Mining Photo
  • Steve Russel 2012/03/21 13:03:12 (edited)
    Steve Russel
    +2
    by passing a strong magnet by a coil of wire, or passing the coil by a magnet. there are also chemical reactions that produce electricity, this is how batteries work.
    ...I have no idea how solar works.
  • jar jar Steve R... 2012/10/22 14:22:42
    jar jar
    +3
    solar power aka sun power black panels = electricity cause black absorbs light.

2014/11/22 21:29:58