How can we insure that REPUBLICANS are kept out of power forever for the sake of our country?

FindingHeartInThisCrazy World 2010/07/08 20:22:18

+54
    I guess you could kill 48% of all the people in the nation.

What is your plan - the only thing holding this country together is the hope that the progressives get bounced in November 2010 before they completely collapse the nation.

The only hope we have right now is to put fiscal conservatives into office and stop this GD train wreck. It is, however, what a nation gets when they vote for style and zero substance; voting matters and we are in deep stuff right now. I think Obama will out carter Carter and that is a surprise; I did not think he was that bad but he has managed to fail at virtually every thing so far. He needs help, and 11-2010 he will finally get some.

• Joseph E. Bowker, CMSgt, US... 2010/07/09 01:14:03
    Joseph E. Bowker, CMSgt, USAF (Ret)
    +6
    Outlaw the Right-wing Corporate Fascist. Best time to do it, they are marginalized and no one expects them to come back to power anyway. It is time that all American Party's have as a primary Political Plank, Social-Justice for Americans, and Humanitarian Government like our founding fathers wanted, by, for and of the People.and not the Oligarchy Plutocratic Theocratic Americans with elitist 3% of American Wealth. Oh yes, and let's recognize and establish FDR's 2nd Bill of (Economic and Social) Rights stolen from America by the Eisenhower/Nixon, Reagan/Bush crime families, while all other 1st World Countries accepted it and used it to progress beyond the Fascist that lead Europe through exceptional tribal and family wars since the Industrial Revolution. Time American People had the rights, established by the greatest American President of all times, FDR and used by the rest of the world to get ahead. We need to outlaw the Right Wing Parties, and establish a three party system; right to left, Progressive-Democrats, Liberal-Democrats, Socialist-Democrats. It is time for us to catch up. NOW!
  • Finding... Joseph ... 2010/07/09 02:00:58
    FindingHeartInThisCrazy World
    +4
    it's ironic isn't it? that is how poisonous they are...like parasites that kill the host and move on to the next thing to destroy..
  • Joseph ... Finding... 2010/07/09 19:02:21
    Joseph E. Bowker, CMSgt, USAF (Ret)
    +1
    Great explanation - I hope all the Independents are listening, and considering.
  • ☆GrayBe... Joseph ... 2010/11/05 08:57:00 (edited)
    ☆GrayBeard☆ ~PWCM~JLA~
    +2
    I'm an Independent and I would not consider voting for a Democrat ever again. I have in the past, but, after the way the Dems have conducted themselves while they held the reins of power, no freakin' way. A vast majority of the people did not want the Healthcare debacle but the Dems rammed it down our throats anyway. "Pass it so we can find out what's in it??!!" What kind of moonbat crap is that? Do you buy a car to find out what kind it is? Give me a break.

You need to do some serious reading. One book I would highly recommend is, "The 5000 Year Leap, The Miracle That Changed The World", by Cleon Skousen.
    FDR was far from the greatest President, and what he established were entitlements, not rights. A government cannot establish 'rights', those are endowed to us by our Creator and cannot be altered, removed or infringed by any man or government.

Your description of a 'three party system; right to left, Progressive-Democrats, Liberal-Democrats, Socialist-Democrats' is insane. The model of a 'Left' and a 'Right' with a moderate center is a myth. It does not exist. Everything you described is on the far left to extreme left side of the scale.

Total Government_________X____Anarchy

On the far left side of the scale is total Government, Totalitarianism. We all saw how well that worked ...

Total Government_________X____Anarchy

On the far left side of the scale is total Government, Totalitarianism. We all saw how well that worked out in the Soviet Union. An undesirable option.

On the far right side of the scale is Anarchy. Been a number of examples of that one over the ages, also undesirable.

I also think you have a fundamentally flawed understanding of what the Constitution is and what it means. With the Constitution, the Founding Fathers put us at about the 1/3 mark from the right. Enough government to hold society together but it didn't control every aspect of your life. Nor did they want to. The Federal government was originally intended to be a 'glue' to hold the Union together and regulate trade and commerce between the various states and provide for the common defense. States had the majority of power. Early citizens identified themselves as 'Virginians' or 'Georgians' before calling themselves American.

Also, could you please explain to me, what the hell is 'Social Justice'? And what is this irrational fear of Corporations? You afraid McDonalds is going to come get you?
    Do you have a 401K? If so, then YOU are the corporation. You own part of it and are part of the decision making process. Do you scare yourself?
  • Finding... ☆GrayBe... 2010/11/05 14:44:44
    FindingHeartInThisCrazy World
    too long...not interested...
  • Katherine Joseph ... 2012/01/07 07:41:48
    Katherine
    Fascists were a type of socialist. The Founding Fathers wanted a limited government, that's why they gave us a limited government. What you call social and economic "rights" are slavery -- they have a history of crippling nations with poverty and misery. You come off as Hitler when you talk about outlawing right wing parties.
  • Vintage 2010/07/09 00:19:23
    Vintage
    +1
    die and create a country in hell??
  • alonnas... Vintage 2010/07/09 06:20:07
    alonnastorm
    +2
    you are so right! that's what republicans should do!
  • Vintage alonnas... 2010/07/09 06:25:09
    Vintage
    o no, only complainers, all ends of all spectrums
  • alonnas... Vintage 2010/07/09 14:12:03
    alonnastorm
    +1
    yeah republicans again... they are down right b_tches!
  • JamesMayfield 2010/07/09 00:10:49
    JamesMayfield
    +2
    Be rid of the party system? So that no person has to be restricted by it? The name republican would no longer exist, thus republicans could never be in power...nor could democrats or whomever else. Everyone's views are solely their own and should't be confined to a name. People running for office couldn't be ganked by the views of those who share similar yet not dentical views to them.
  • Finding... JamesMa... 2010/07/09 00:13:24
    FindingHeartInThisCrazy World
    +1
    novel idea isn't it?
  • JamesMa... Finding... 2010/07/09 00:16:28
    JamesMayfield
    +1
    lol yeah XD it is definitely my favorite part of George Washington's farewell address by far..
  • sugarbuzz JamesMa... 2010/07/09 07:16:30
    sugarbuzz
    +2
    Too idealistic to ever become reality. Humans cluster into groups of like interests and have a penchant for naming things...it would just take on other labels that would come to mean the same divisions.
  • JamesMa... sugarbuzz 2010/07/09 15:24:38
    JamesMayfield
    +2
    well idealism can become reality, it just takes time, it takes influence on culture and national values, patience and creativity is the key in this case
  • sugarbuzz JamesMa... 2010/07/09 15:25:52
    sugarbuzz
    +2
    So seldom, we haven't evolved to those aspirations as of yet.
  • JamesMa... sugarbuzz 2010/07/09 15:29:14
    JamesMayfield
    +2
    yes, well a new generation is coming up, and who knows what the future will bring...all things in due time...
  • sugarbuzz JamesMa... 2010/07/09 15:31:05
    sugarbuzz
    +2
    True, but we have yet to conquer the basics of human nature, which are to cluster, protect and seek similar groups...a difficult thing to overcome.
  • JamesMa... sugarbuzz 2010/07/09 15:35:16
    JamesMayfield
    +2
    we should never overcome our social nature...for it defines who we are as a race, but we should learn where it helps and where it harms... we must modify our nature, not be rid of it, in my opinion
  • sugarbuzz JamesMa... 2010/07/12 11:47:15
    sugarbuzz
    +1
    I agree. Steering it towards better function, is a good measure of progress.
  • ☆GrayBe... JamesMa... 2010/11/05 09:01:36
    ☆GrayBeard☆ ~PWCM~JLA~
    George Washington, as many of the Founding Fathers, were completely against political 'parties'. Can't say as I blame 'em.
  • twocrows 2010/07/08 23:20:20
    twocrows
    +2
    the Republicans are shooting themselves in the foot, these days. I sure hope they succeed in their plan to turn the country against them. "Just Say No" isn't a viable method of governing. It IS an extremely effective way of getting people to hold their noses and vote for your opponent -- even if they don't totally agree with him or her. the alternative would be more of what we have now. and how is THAT working out for us?
  • Finding... twocrows 2010/07/09 00:14:56
    FindingHeartInThisCrazy World
    +1
    to hear them talk, it's all over for the Democrats...idiots.
  • Joseph ... twocrows 2010/07/09 01:16:14
    Joseph E. Bowker, CMSgt, USAF (Ret)
    +1
    They need to aim a little higher.
  • connie (in name only) BN-0 2010/07/08 22:52:17
    connie (in name only) BN-0
    +4
    We need to be informed and spread that information to other voters that might not know anything other than what the corporate media wants them to know. Always know the facts, so we can respond to the lies and distortions. Always vote against the GOP - and those that claim to not be GOP, but you know that they are. We will not be fooled by them again. WE MUST VOTE! We must continue to make our message clear!
  • Zuggi 2010/07/08 22:33:35
    Zuggi
    +1
    Forever is a bad idea. We just need sane ones to be able to take over when the Dems go bad.
  • Finding... Zuggi 2010/07/08 22:34:34
    FindingHeartInThisCrazy World
    +2
    i can be a drama queen ;-)
  • Quintessential Brother The ... 2010/07/08 21:52:31
  • I am me 2010/07/08 21:52:12
    I am me
    +2
    Lord, really? What a dumb question.... we need a good balance of both left and right otherwise this country will turn into either a communist dictatorship or a fascist one....
    :-/

In fact if we were truly honest we should throw both the Republicans AND Democrats out of power forever for the sake of our country.... because they are no different than each other... they both grasp for as much power as they can get and take corporations money while touting their evils all at the same time.... I've said it before and I will say it again.... both parties are nothing but a bunch of lying, money grubbing, power whores....

Why oh why didn't we take Pres. Washington's advice and not come up with parties... now politics is no better than going to a Big 12 football game against OU and UT... seriously.
  • Finding... I am me 2010/07/08 22:29:15
    FindingHeartInThisCrazy World
    +3
    i agree..alll except the dumb question part...i think the republicans are hurting us badly right now..i think our President is Pragmatic which means exactly what you say..use conservative and progressive values based on the need/situation. there is no way to end the 2 party system...fine to have republicans in the country with their voice and views but right now they are really screwed up and are purposely hurting the country...they are worse than the democrats but i see Dems doing things too just for the sake of their ideology..i don;t think Obama is a liberal...maybe a progressive which is appropriate..the R's create memes and use fear and that is no good and I want them to get it together or go away
  • Joseph ... I am me 2010/07/09 01:19:32
  • Finding... Joseph ... 2010/07/09 02:03:50
    FindingHeartInThisCrazy World
    +1
    that would be so wonderful..think of the things that would get done.
  • I am me Joseph ... 2010/07/09 03:00:06
    I am me
    +1
    Good is subjective. What you see as good others see as bad... I do not see him as good, just like I didn't see Bush as good....
  • Mountaingal 2010/07/08 21:26:01
    Mountaingal
    +6
    I guess you''ll have to exercise your 2nd Amendment right and shoot 'em beause they are coming back. They are coming back FOR the sake of the country.
  • Finding... Mountai... 2010/07/08 21:36:10
    FindingHeartInThisCrazy World
    +4
    God help us!!
  • Cloud Mountai... 2010/07/08 22:14:25
    Cloud
    +4
    No, they are coming to try and take back their power ....... because they are nothing without their power .......... they care nothing for the US except as their personal bank account ......... we must not allow them one iota of power .........
  • Finding... Cloud 2010/07/08 22:30:07
    FindingHeartInThisCrazy World
    +4
    we need to make sure people vote
  • Cloud Finding... 2010/07/08 23:20:15
    Cloud
    +3
    ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!
  • Joseph ... Mountai... 2010/07/09 01:22:17
    Joseph E. Bowker, CMSgt, USAF (Ret)
    +1
    You must be looking for a Position as a Stand Up Comedian. Lot's of luck, they are outta work too thanks to G.W. Bush.
  • Joseph ... Mountai... 2010/07/09 19:07:14
    Joseph E. Bowker, CMSgt, USAF (Ret)
    +1
    Better than any NRA speech, or Charlton Heston speech for the 2nde Amendment. Shoot 'em before thry get to sit down. Oh hell, now I am beginning to sound like an Armed Teabagger.

2014/12/21 03:23:00