How are black people taking money away from people in Iowa?

Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of PHAET 2012/01/05 04:19:48

Rick Santorum, GOP presidential candidate and current "star" of the 2012 race to the White House due to his surprising performance in Iowa, is going to New Hampshire with voter momentum and media spotlight. But the former Pennsylvania senator is also taking heat for allegedly making a racially-charged remark about black people – something he has been accused of several times in the past.

Speaking to a roomful of Iowan voters shortly before the Jan. 3 caucus, Santorum answered a voter question about foreign influence on the economy by responding with an answer about entitlement reform, according to CBS News.

"It just keeps expanding – I was in Indiana a few months ago and I was talking to someone who works in the department of public welfare here, and she told me that the state of Iowa is going to get fined if they don't sign up more people under the Medicaid program," Santorum said. "They're just pushing harder and harder to get more and more of you dependent upon them so they can get your vote. That's what the bottom line is."

He added: "I don't want to make black people's lives better by giving them somebody else's money – I want to give them the opportunity to go out and earn the money."

When CBS News , which pointed out that 84 percent of food stamp recipients in Iowa are white, later asked Santorum about the comment, the candidate said he did not remember the context in which he said it, but that he was probably referencing "Waiting for Superman," a documentary about black children affected by the public school system.
http://www.christianpost.com/news/santorum-accused-of-making-...

• Reichstolz Patti ... 2012/01/11 16:54:05
    Reichstolz
    1969, I bought a used riding mower from my neighbor and a 5 gallon gas can. I was eight and I wanted to help my family but I was too young for anyone to hire. So I started mowing my neighbors lawns for $3/cut. As I grew, so did my business, to 4 truck and trailer set ups, 8 crew members and 15 pieces of equipment. I sold the business when I was 17 to pay for college. You can call it BS all you want but it is still perfectly capable to be done today. You can scoff all you want but it is those like you, who do not try, that are ruining this nation.
  • Patti ... Reichstolz 2012/01/12 18:06:06 (edited)
    Patti  The Yes Fan
    +1
    And I cleaned houses. However, the sad part is when it came time to raise the price with inflation, ppl are not willing to pay. Guys of course have way more opportunity. Do not try? I had a cleaning business. Ive had two jobs more than once and far from lazy. Men have more opportunity than women. Women are limited due to lack of physical strength. Sorry but Im not a mechanic and all feminine. So Im ruining the nation? LMAO. Its ppl like you with the radical attitudes that are ruining the nation. But I would say since we have been socialist for around 100 yrs, that if you dont like it, you can always leave it huh? As usual, the man is a bully. Do you beat up your wife?
  • Reichstolz Patti ... 2012/01/12 18:15:10
    Reichstolz
    Personal responsibility is a radical view? Bully, telling you you are free to create your own way in life is bullying? You are correct we have been primarily crony capitalist and socialist for 100 years, and we are now seeing the result of that, which in all instances in history socialism is a failure. So it is our turn to have a failed nanny state as well. Good luck, I will be fine.
  • Patti ... Reichstolz 2012/01/12 18:33:11
    Patti  The Yes Fan
    +1
    No your hate for everyone and everything is radical. And thinking Im lazy. Me? If I tied you to my waste it would be you dragging behind holding me up. Yes the results are we as Americans cared about ALL Americans therefore children dont go hungry here. Good for the US. The only failure in this country is the greed of the big banks such as skank of america, wall st., and politician corruption. Greed. Sounds a tad like what your preaching. I am fine too. However, when it all comes down, I will be happy and helping others and you, well you will be alone.

scrooge
  • Reichstolz Patti ... 2012/01/12 19:11:06
    Reichstolz
    The only failure of this nation is moving away from the value that made it what it was, personal responsibility.
  • Patti ... Reichstolz 2012/01/13 17:25:15
    Patti  The Yes Fan
    +1
    And of course everyone lacks that but you right. Narcissistic.
  • Reichstolz Patti ... 2012/01/13 18:05:55
    Reichstolz
    Holding all to the same standard I hold myself to is not narcissism it is equality.
  • Patti ... Reichstolz 2012/01/14 13:15:01
    Patti  The Yes Fan
    +1
    Well again, guess what. Your NOT God and everyone is different. If you have a lack of understanding of that, you have issues. If you cant accept the differences, then move to a desert Island because it is the way it is. People are different and there is nothing you can do to change it. Period. What are you Hitler? "You will be like me or else?""". WTF?
  • Reichstolz Patti ... 2012/01/14 15:46:16 (edited)
    Reichstolz
    Never intend to be God. Everyone is different and all are just as capable as I am to be responsible for themselves. I do accept that we are all individuals, I do not excuse it. You look at the world through a hypocritical lens, justifying what others will not do for themselves out of some weird thought that they should wallow in despair because they are not capable to lift themselves to new heights. I have faith they can do anything they set their minds to do and expect them to do it, because they are just as capable as I am. That does not mean two individual's outcomes will ever equal, but the opportunity is there for continued effort. What you consider compassion I consider complacent. A welfare program is not compassion, it is control. A food stamp program is not compassion it is a reward for failure. A payment for not working does not provide incentive to work. I have faith that every individual free to be their own best advocate will do just that.
    Let me ask you a question to illustrate the difference between your thoughts and mine.

When you are walking with a friend and they fall to the ground.
    Do you reach a hand to them to help them up?
    or
    Do you stop what you are doing get down to their level and lift them through your own effort for fear they will not be able...

or
    Do you stop what you are doing get down to their level and lift them through your own effort for fear they will not be able to rise under their own power?

Those two scenarios are the difference between what I advocate and what you advocate.

I have faith that given the opportunity to be your own best advocate you reach for the hand and not lie there until someone does the lifting for you.
  • Patti ... Reichstolz 2012/01/14 22:27:23
    Patti  The Yes Fan
    +1
    Not in this economy. All the jobs are overseas. The food stamp program is help to feed children that parents on min wage cant afford to feed. Inflation has boomed in case you didnt know. When you make seven an hr, min wage and one jar of mayonnaise is five bucks, you expect what? Do the math. Give me a break on complacent. You also came from an era that allowed you to make money. And start a business. That doesnt happen today. In this economical mess, its hard to even find a job. So spare me ok. And these ppl did have jobs and had created their families before hand so dont go there on I give them no credit. Some people struggle living from hand to mouth. It depends on who it is that Im helping. Did you ever think the elderly who have already busted their buns making a living all their lives truly could help themselves up or need lifting? Could they possibly have broken a hip? Seriously man, think. Now they require experience and college. Yet my brother who worked his way up, has no college makes way more than I with college. He is also way older than I and had that opportunity back then. So face the times. It is what it is.
  • Reichstolz Patti ... 2012/01/14 22:53:56
    Reichstolz
    You are ignorant.

I started a business in 2008 with no money down and it has just knocked Johnson and Johnson out of the #1 spot in its category. You fail to see opportunity all around you. Like most who lack ambition, planning and preparation you will always find an excuse to blame your station in life on. When the blame is looking at you every morning, in the mirror, while you are doing your hair.

You know why I started that business, because a good friend of mine, who lacks the drive to do anything difficult, bet me it couldn't be done.

Face it life is what you make it, you seem to be perfectly fine with filling it with excuses.

Life is planning and preparation, without it you are left with nothing, as it should be.
  • Patti ... Reichstolz 2012/01/16 14:28:47
    Patti  The Yes Fan
    +1
    I probably have more ambition in my big toe than you do in your whole body. Who are you to declare such ignorance. Left with nothing. Lets see, my UNambitious self OWNS my property, cars, etc. I work everday, but my UNambitious self is NOT self pro claiming as you are. Your alexithymia is kicking in.

They severely lack empathetic abilities and have great difficulty in effectively understanding and responding to other people’s feelings.

They deal with it by ANGER. LMAO

You never need ice for your drinks Im sure. Just touch them and they will be cold.
  • Reichstolz Patti ... 2012/01/16 14:57:55
    Reichstolz
    More emoting instead of thinking, but those of your ilk I have come to expect nothing more. I have no need to impress anyone, I draw my conclusions about life and the people who respond to my comments, from my experience. Most are not used to having their ignorance pointed out. I understand it may hurt you but allowing you to spew more ignorance is hurtful to those who might think you correct.
  • Patti ... Reichstolz 2012/01/16 15:09:11
    Patti  The Yes Fan
    +1
    Thinking? LMAO. Maybe you can eat my 4.0. You draw your conclusions as if you're God but are far from it actually. Narcissistic usually think they are one level from God. And that my friend is true ignorance. Now dance in it. Oh wait. Your emotions might get the best of you if you dance and live. Your ending with your emotion less self is anger. Ok live in your misery. Whatever floats your self esteem. You will probably die alone. No one likes the narcissistic personality.
  • Reichstolz Patti ... 2012/01/16 15:15:16
    Reichstolz
    My side hurts already, thanks!
  • Patti ... Reichstolz 2012/01/17 21:40:09
    Patti  The Yes Fan
    +1
    Well see a Dr. Or do you think you are too good for them too.
  • Reichstolz Patti ... 2012/01/18 00:05:45
    Reichstolz
    I am one, and as my daughter points out my wife and I are Drs Squared . I have a DO and a PhD, and she has DVM and a PhD, and we are both board certified in our respective fields of interest. Too bad for you, mine wasn't psychology, or maybe I could help you with your self esteem and projection issues.
  • Patti ... Reichstolz 2012/01/18 15:37:16
    Patti  The Yes Fan
    +1
    Self esteem is a great thing, however, narcissistic, is not. Drs huh? Well dont that explain it? And foreign too right? LOL So where is that oath you take to save the life before caring about the money DOC? Did you forget it or put aside your ethics for your narcissistic self?
  • Reichstolz Patti ... 2012/01/18 15:59:49
    Reichstolz
    Foreign, NO, unless you consider WI foreign. I took an oath to do no harm, first and foremost. You like most only know what you have been told, and have yet to understand the meaning of the original

Here you go.
    I swear by Apollo the healer, by Aesculapius, by Health and all the powers of healing, and call to witness all the gods and goddesses that I may keep this Oath and Promise to the best of my ability and judgement.

I will pay the same respect to my master in the Science as to my parents and share my life with him and pay all my debts to him. I will regard his sons as my brothers and teach them the Science, if they desire to learn it, without fee or contract. I will hand on precepts, lectures and all other learning to my sons, to those of my master and to those pupils duly apprenticed and sworn, and to none other.

I will use my power to help the sick to the best of my ability and judgement; I will abstain from harming or wronging any man by it.

I will not give a fatal draught to anyone if I am asked, nor will I suggest any such thing. Neither will I give a woman means to procure an abortion.

I will be chaste and religious in my life and in my practice.

I will not cut, even for the stone, but I will leave such procedures to the practitioners of that craft.

...

Here you go.

Whenever I go into a house, I will go to help the sick and never with the intention of doing harm or injury. I will not abuse my position to indulge in sexual contacts with the bodies of women or of men, whether they be freemen or slaves.

Whatever I see or hear, professionally or privately, which ought not to be divulged, I will keep secret and tell no one.

If, therefore, I observe this Oath and do not violate it, may I prosper both in my life and in my profession, earning good repute among all men for my time. If I transgress and forswear this oath, may my lot be otherwise.

Translated into english in the 1950's prior to that it was recited in Latin. So please I beg you solve your issues of ignorance, you will do the world a favor.

Translated by J Chadwick and WN Mann, 1950.
  • Patti ... Reichstolz 2012/01/19 00:33:22
    Patti  The Yes Fan
    +1
    Bottom line, are you going to treat a poor man dying? Has no money?
  • Reichstolz Patti ... 2012/01/19 04:33:33
    Reichstolz
    Have done it hundreds of times, does he get every resource, no, but he gets the best of my talent. In most instances though, to uphold our oath, doing no harm, is the best outcome. A poor man with COPD is helped more with a pain management/bronchodilator regime than preparation for a lung transplant. Sadly we as physicians and patients, will no longer have that option if Obamacare is allowed to stand.
  • Patti ... Reichstolz 2012/01/19 18:32:45
    Patti  The Yes Fan
    +1
    Well I am not for Obamacare because its not a constitutional right. But regulations on insurance industry is a MUST. And your a Dr and basically a HO for big pharma. What do you care? You get your money no matter what. But the poor man gets to die??? I refuse to go to Drs with their big pharma fixes. So in order to cure that COPD let me give you some chemicals that have about 20 side effects. So to cure one thing, you get to gain five other issues. Seriously. Anyone who plays into that game does need help. But you dont care, you will promote their exploitation game wont you?
  • Reichstolz Patti ... 2012/01/20 01:07:08
    Reichstolz
    A ho for big pharma, spoken like a truly ignorant person. There is no cure for COPD, so if you have it, plan on dying a very painful death, since you wouldn't want the side effects of keeping you from drowning in your own tissues. But then again so much for increasing quality of life.
  • Patti ... Reichstolz 2012/01/20 22:28:14 (edited)
    Patti  The Yes Fan
    +1
    Nah just dead on factual. No ignorance, just plain truth and bluntly too. Sorry you cant take it. Your the one that brought up COPD. I just threw in what I think of big pharma. Quality of life? Thank the insurance companies who exploit the people for profit. Right along with big pharma. Who can afford these co pays and then the insurance pays a smaller portion of the bill than you? Insurance is not what it used to be.
  • Reichstolz Patti ... 2012/01/21 00:34:59
    Reichstolz
    Insurance is exactly what it used to be, a hedge against something bad happening to you. The model was never intended to be your nanny, although you are too ignorant to see it.
  • Patti ... Reichstolz 2012/01/23 00:59:02
    Patti  The Yes Fan
    +1
    Insurance has quadrupled. What are you talking about? Or because your a Dr you get that hefty discount for advertising for big pharma and insurance co. In other words, bought and paid for. The model was intended to protect a patient not bend them over, rob and rape them.
  • Reichstolz Patti ... 2012/01/23 05:10:37
    Reichstolz
    In my practice we accepted neither insurance or government payment, it is the only way for the doctor and the patient to make the decisions regarding care.

The Health model is no different than car insurance, yet the nanny state and the lazy want it to be everything they are too irresponsible to pay for.

Insurance as an industry was never intended to care for your daily, weekly, or annual needs. I was designed to protect you in case of circumstances out of your control. How I pity you for your ignorance.

I guess you weren't raised with values, morality, or the ability to think for yourself. How sad.
  • Patti ... Reichstolz 2012/01/24 21:14:20
    Patti  The Yes Fan
    +1
    OH of course. Its called highway robbery. AND GREED. Dont like that the insurance only pay you a percentage? LMAO Or the co pay amt? Nah you want it all. Because the more you get, the more you want. Bottom line. Greed. Let me over charge you because I CAN. Pathetic. For someone who has the gaul to call everyone else lazy its amazing how it take Drs two hours to get in the room AFTER the appt time. Not to mention they tell you your sick and write down some words on paper and charge you $200 for that? Really? Now there is LAZY for ya. How I pity you for your ignorance. Such a shame. Shamey shame on you. Because only GREEDY ppl exploit the sick. I was raised with more than that son. I dont exploit ppl to the tune of my pocket. How sad you are is right. Your probably so tight you cant even fit a pin in with a jackhammer huh? And hey, your narcissistic self is showing. Truly pathetic.
  • Reichstolz Patti ... 2012/01/25 03:28:58
    Reichstolz
    You are so funny. Thanks for representing the ignorant with vigor, this is fun.
  • Patti ... Reichstolz 2012/01/25 23:23:51
    Patti  The Yes Fan
    +1
    Yes I can be. I have humor. However the truth is the only things Ive said here. You do represent the ignorant and truly greedy. Of course your having fun exploiting the sick. Sad. Truly sad.

http://www.truth-out.org/pati...
  • Reichstolz Patti ... 2012/01/25 23:56:17
    Reichstolz
    Funny.
  • Patti ... Reichstolz 2012/01/28 12:39:23
    Patti  The Yes Fan
    Of course its funny to you. Narcissistic
  • Reichstolz Patti ... 2012/01/28 16:36:02
    Reichstolz
    Back to using words you do not understand again, funny.
  • Patti ... Reichstolz 2012/01/29 14:19:48
    Patti  The Yes Fan
    I understand them perfectly and you totally fit the description.
  • Reichstolz Patti ... 2012/01/29 14:48:05
    Reichstolz
    Your ignorance is humorous.
  • Jane Constant 2012/01/05 04:39:19
    Jane Constant
    +2
    Because there are more black people who are poor. It's not their fault. It all stems from past...and present discrimination.
  • Latti I... Jane Co... 2012/01/05 04:45:18
    Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of PHAET
    +4
    Depending on states demographics and in the state he was in, 84% of white people were on Welfare, not black.
  • Jane Co... Latti I... 2012/01/05 05:06:11
    Jane Constant
    +2
    I see. That makes what he said even more racist!
  • Defend ... Latti I... 2012/01/05 11:20:05
    Defend Western Civlization
    your race baiting has failed
  • Latti I... Defend ... 2012/01/05 14:38:54
    Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of PHAET
    +3
    Not race baiting, Santorum was race baiting in a state where hardly no black people reside; yet trying to blame them for taking away people tax dollars in Iowa. Stop playing the race card and move a long.

2014/10/01 12:34:06