HORRIFYING: TALIBAN SEEMINGLY EXECUTES ‘ADULTEROUS’ WOMAN IN FRONT OF 150 MEN!

JoeBtfsplk 2012/07/08 12:02:08
llll
A member of the 'religious police' beats a group of women (Photo: RAWA via Wiki Commons)

Reuters has obtained three-minute video that seemingly shows a woman being executed “to cheers of jubilation” from roughly 150 men in a village near Kabul. It seems as though not one interfered– rather, they seemed ecstatic.

“It is the order of Allah that she be executed,” one man says, as another remarks, “Allah warns us not to get close to adultery because it’s the wrong way” as the executioner approaches.

The woman was reportedly kneeling in the dirt, most of her body wrapped tightly in a shawl, as a man shot her five times in the head at close range with an automatic rifle.

She then fell sideways as onlookers yelled, “Long live the Afghan mujahideen! (Islamist fighters)”, a name the Taliban sometimes use for themselves.

“When I saw this video, I closed my eyes … The woman was not guilty; the Taliban are guilty,” Provincial Governor Basir Salangi told Reuters.

But what can he do about it? Since the Taliban government was toppled by the United States in 2001, Afghan women have obtained basic rights in education, voting and work, but it is still shaky.

Now that the United States and Afghanistan’s current government are trying to make peace with the Taliban, it seems as though those rights are disappearing rapidly.

Reuters elaborates:

…Fears are rising among Afghan women, some lawmakers and rights activists that such freedoms could be traded away as the Afghan government and the United States pursue talks with the Taliban to secure a peaceful end to the war.

Violence against women has increased sharply in the past year, according to Afghanistan’s independent human rights commission. Activists say there is waning interest in women‘s rights on the part of President Hamid Karzai’s government.

“After 10 years (of foreign intervention), and only a few kilometres from Kabul… how could this happen in front of all these people?” female lawmaker Fawzia Koofi said of the public execution in Parwan.

Salangi told Reuters that the woman had been “sexually involved” with two Taliban commanders, though it is unclear if that “involvement” was rape, and to settle the dispute the men decided to torture and kill her.

“They are outlaws, murderers, and like savages they killed the woman,” he said, noting that the Taliban still has considerable power in his province.

Earlier this week, a woman and two of her children were beheaded in eastern Afghanistan by the woman’s ex-husband, according to police.

Such “honor killings” have been on the rise, according to reports.

Though Reuters describes the video, it does not include it in the related post.

• Marlene Wilkins 2012/07/08 12:31:13
    "SAVAGES" - (primitive)
    Marlene Wilkins
    Reavers from the Firefly universe are better-behaved than these monsters, and in their defense are legitimately insane!!!
    These....filthy things, masquerading in Human skin, claim to be sane and pious.
    *shudder*
    This kind of 'sanity', 'love', and 'tolerance' NObody needs!!
  • jackola... Marlene... 2012/07/08 13:50:57
    +2
    Most of the US Senate see no problem with allowing the Sharia Law from bei g implimented. Leaves a little chill on the sex drive now don't it.....
    "SAVAGES" - (primitive)
    +1
    Wonder how they would like it if it was them?
  • Marlene... Lady Wh... 2012/07/08 13:53:00
    Marlene Wilkins
    +1
    They'd scream, bitch, throw tantrums and claim how oppressed they were.
  • Lady Wh... Marlene... 2012/07/08 21:37:21
    of course....
  • Willski 2012/07/08 12:12:12
    ISLAM - ("the religion of peace?")
    Willski
    +1
    It's a different culture.
    Besides, the bible tells christians to do this too.
  • Marlene... Willski 2012/07/08 13:54:08
    Marlene Wilkins
    +1
    A different culture does not excuse or allow cold-blooded murder to be justified. Murder is murder.
  • Willski Marlene... 2012/07/08 15:37:26
    Willski
    +1
    Well, your statement that "Murder is murder." is redundant. It’s like saying cheese is cheers, or leg is leg. I don't need the concept explaining to me.
    And while in your opinion its wrong, cultural differences still apply. You may think it's wrong to permit euthanasia or abortions, or to carry out capital punishment, but that's all it is. It's what you think, your opinion.
    It doesn't supersede mine, or anyone else’s, and you shouldn't try to imprint your beliefs on a foreign nation. Would it be fine for me to go to Israel and tell them all they shouldn't be Jews because I'm an atheist? Or for me to say that all pregnancies should be aborted because i believe that's right?
    You have to acknowledge that we live in a multicultural world, and while you may believe something to be wrong somewhere else it's considered right. There's nothing you can do about it, unless you wish to assimilate or subjugate every other nation on the planet.
  • JoeBtfsplk Willski 2012/07/08 15:39:44
    JoeBtfsplk
    +2
    I think you are neglecting to add that we have court trials. The Taliban had a 'kangaroo' court.

Instead of taking offense, it would be nice to witness some humility.
  • Willski JoeBtfsplk 2012/07/08 15:45:09
    Willski
    +1
    If that's their court process that's fine, their culture.
    Western courts, (yours are based on ours, but we get nice wigs) may be more in depth and thorough than theirs, but that doesn't mean theirs are inherently wrong. They violated local law, and were punished accordingly.
  • Marlene... JoeBtfsplk 2012/07/08 22:04:55
    Marlene Wilkins
    +1
    Even a 'Kangaroo' court would have been more and better than what she recieved.
    "Oh, you were raped against your will? You're at fault!! Sky-man says you die, whore!" That's talibanana 'justice' under sharia. Then there's that other jackhole who beheaded his wife and daughters in an 'honor killing'....that was mentioned in this or a similar article also.
  • JoeBtfsplk Marlene... 2012/07/08 22:13:04
    JoeBtfsplk
    +1
    I believe even Afghanistan has a court system. Sadly this is an outlying community somewhere near/distant from Kabul, and they obviously didn't bother.

I have to ask; have you ever thought about a different pair of glasses?
  • Marlene... JoeBtfsplk 2012/07/08 22:34:19 (edited)
    Marlene Wilkins
    Taliban consider themselves as a law unto themselves, from what I understand, and actually the Taliban courts are preferred as the genuine courts are seen as 'corrupt'.
    Key difference between the pic and my Real appearance--my glasses are in fact a much more modern black-steel rectangular-lensed frame. Took a while to pick out--I can't see well enough to select thing without my glasses on, had to rely on a 'panel' of my girlbuddies for style assessment'. :-) I typically update my glasses due to style and wear-related issues every 2 years.
  • JoeBtfsplk Marlene... 2012/07/08 22:40:48
    JoeBtfsplk
    +1
    Sadly the Taliban isn't going away. It's going to get nasty when we leave.

You're a good sport. I was intentionally teasing you. I took a peek at your profile photos and thought it more polite to mention your glasses rather than your other assets.
  • Marlene... JoeBtfsplk 2012/07/08 22:52:02
    Marlene Wilkins
    True, when leave, the dark ages that descend on afghanistan will be...chilling.
    Ty!! for the compliment! Lots of folks tend to think I actually wear glasses like that, so I'm used to handling that question. :-)
    As for my 'assets'??
    Well, I'm quietly proud of them, they're great for babysitting baby ferrets on a cold and nasty winter's day, and I'm not the kind of girl who gets 'bent' when a polite compliment comes along regarding my bust, rump, etc.. I appreciate them, I say 'Thank-You', good feelings are maintained and all's well. :-)
  • JoeBtfsplk Marlene... 2012/07/08 23:03:19
    JoeBtfsplk
    +1
    You're welcome.
  • Marlene... JoeBtfsplk 2012/07/08 23:13:54
    Marlene Wilkins
    :-D
  • Marlene... Willski 2012/07/08 22:02:01
    Marlene Wilkins
    +1
    She didn't have a proper trial, and she was shot in the head five times from behind. Open-mindedness and tolerance only goes to the limits of sanity. What was done to this woman is an atrocity and cold-blooded murder without due process or fair trial in defiance of universal Human rights which supersede cultural values. We're all Human first and Culturally 'whatever' second. Any culture that's OK with this, should be expunged as a threat to the rest of the species.
  • Willski Marlene... 2012/07/08 23:13:35
    Willski
    +1
    So, because people are thorough when executing, and the judicial process is simplified, it's wrong?
    While in your western opinion it may be atrocious and wrong, that doesn't mean it is in theirs. Again, you're trying to impress your personal beliefs upon everyone.
    That too is a violation of human rights. (Heh, saying "your culture is wrong, let's educate you" is how most genocides started.)
  • Marlene... Willski 2012/07/08 23:20:31
    Marlene Wilkins
    +1
    I'm dis-engaging from this conversation with you.
    You're the type I've encountered before; Looking for a fight, and nothing I say is going to be acceptable in your view.
    I've got better things to do than go through an encounter like this again. You're view is; 'I'm right, you're wrong.' This isn't a conversation, debate, or an exchange of perspectives, it's you trying to browbeat me and abuse me because my views don't abide by your perspectives.
    I had an ex-Bf like you once, same methodology, everything I said was 'wrong' and everything he said was 'right'.
    ...been there, done that--not doing it again.
  • Willski Marlene... 2012/07/09 13:53:26
    Willski
    +1
    Okay, i respect your decision. But not your justification. I'm not looking for a fight, and i've never said you're wrong, your actual opinions (e.g. murder = bad) are right in my mind.
    I merely said that you don't have the right to intefere with a foreign country or culture. No one does.
    If you'd be so kind as to help my conversational capacity, please direct me towards where i was provocative, and inciting fights. (Direct quotes please) If you don't have the time, thank you for reading, and until now providing an interesting conversation.
  • Marlene... Willski 2012/07/09 20:51:56
    Marlene Wilkins
    +1
    Alright, now that things have been calmed down...
    I agree with the fact that different cultures MUST be respected.
    BUT...
    The preservation of Human life MUST supersede any cultural values that threaten it. We are all Human first and foremost, and cultural identity is strictly secondary to that.
    Bride-burning in India, it's traditional, but let's be honest in that killing a woman like that just because her dowry is percieved as lacking...that's just wrong in many ways as it devalues Human life in a rather hideous way.
    I am NOT calling for massive invasion and cultural 'cleansing', merely pointing out that things like the talibanana 'court' and the execution of that woman are unjustified and wrong.
    She probably got raped--but under their 'laws' a woman can still be considered the guilty party, not the rapist, and stoned to death--or shot.

But they'd better not try bringing their backwards and murderous thinking here--as you say, they MUST respect our culture in-kind and I along with many others will not have this kind of insanity and devaluing of Life in our nations. Multiculturalism only goes SO far and does NOT include murder, however culturally 'okay' it is.
    Yes, we've had bride-burnings and honor-killings here in Canada, and arguments were made in courts that it's 'OKAY' because o...

BUT...

Yes, we've had bride-burnings and honor-killings here in Canada, and arguments were made in courts that it's 'OKAY' because of cultural value differences--the courts threw those arguments out, obviously, as the BS they were.
    They can keep that kind of insanity over there in their own nations--different cultures, different rules of conduct and perspectives, yes?
    Now that you understand I am NOT calling for invasion and cultural re-structuring, perhaps we can continue on a cooler plane of convo??
  • Willski Marlene... 2012/07/10 15:48:44
    Willski
    +1
    Okay, to clarify I never said I thought you condoned genocide, just that the types of things you were saying, (i.e. they’re barbarians, primitives, etc. I’m paraphrasing of course,) are the types of opinions that spread through a population before subjugation, invasion or genocide occur.

Look at NAZI Germany, the horror stories people were told about the Jews or in American history, when the Spanish and Brits started colonising what we did to the Native Americans, later history, what the Americans did to coloured people. Then earlier, you had the Roman Empire during its expansion across Europe taking out the barbarian hordes, Christianity taking out pagan religions.

What happened there (with the possible rape victim getting shot) in our opinion is wrong, but your kind of thinking while appearing good when performed on a large scale, or just by those in a position of power, is bad.

As for the Bride burnings, and honour killings in Canada? Yeah, they’re wrong, not culturally in the eyes of the offenders, but legally for the judicial body that has jurisdiction in the area.

Put it this way, in Aztec culture, it was considered an honour to be sacrificed; many people would volunteer or compete to be next on the block. (Okay, I have no idea how we know that as not much evidence of their ...

Put it this way, in Aztec culture, it was considered an honour to be sacrificed; many people would volunteer or compete to be next on the block. (Okay, I have no idea how we know that as not much evidence of their culture is left, but I saw it in a few documentaries, and one of the early series of Doctor Who.) This was culturally condoned murder, which was morally fine, considered a good way to go. The sanctity of life was still an issue, but only in cases of murder.

I’m having difficulty thinking of an appropriate parallel, as it seems I can’t get you to view something from a different perspective. (By that I mean to think about it differently, not that I can’t get you to change what you think. I don’t want to do that, your thoughts are you and I have no right or cause to alter them.)
    In your mind, the sanctity of life is the highest priority, the same may be the case of the other 34 million Canadians, the 300 million Americans, and the 60 million Brits. But 1.57 billion are Muslim, and assuming they all follow the Qur’an exactly as it’s written, and that no Canadians, Brits or Americans are Muslim, that’s 4 times as many people who have a different mind-set in which family honour some cases family honour is more important than life, adulterers should be stoned and rapists should receive 80 lashes. (And that the victim should receive 100 if she doesn’t have 4 men testifying that she was in fact raped, otherwise she’s killed as an adulterer… which seems a bit unfair in my opinion.)
    And why do those people keep doing that when they move to Canada? Well, why when my Grandfather was working in Japan did he continue to use a knife and fork, rather than the chop sticks he was provided? That’s his culture.

I accept that using different utensils to consume food is different to burning women alive, but the underlying concept is the same. The value of human life is a personal opinion that you can’t transfer onto others, the same way I can’t expect to be allowed to apply my disdain of humanity onto all humans.

Oh, and I haven’t calmed down, I was always calm.
    My apologies for writing so much, I get carried away sometimes.
  • Marlene... Willski 2012/07/10 21:11:57
    Marlene Wilkins
    +1
    The bride burnings and honor killings, as well as rape executions involve the deaths of innocent people...and in the cases of rape, they're victims to begin with.
    It shows a complete lack of any Humane compassion.
    I will ALWAYS hold to the truth that everyone has the innate right to worship, or not, as they choose for themselves.
    BUT...
    They do NOT have the right and can not be allowed to inflict harm on others, even within the same ideology, because of principles of ideology or culture.
    NO one has the right, under any circumstances, to violate the basic sovereignty of the individual and cause harm without due provocation and then only for self-defense where life, limb, or loved ones are in jeopardy.

They want to worship peacefully, fine. Good for them, actually for exercising their choice.
    BUT, if they want to pursue their seeming agenda of islamification and forcing others like us here in the western nations to submit to their cult by various and sundry means and methods--NO.
    Their culture/ideology may demand it of them, well mine demands I stand up for my freedom from such tyranny.
    They can keep that crap in their own nations and if they're so dedicated to it, they can return to their nations and leave us alone to live our lives as we choose.
    I am referring to all forms of ideology, ...

BUT...

I am referring to all forms of ideology, political and religious.
    Coercion is just plain wrong. Killing innocent people is just plain universally wrong for any reason be it psychopathic or ideology-based.
    Volunteering to be sacrificed, that's a noble act, and in line with personal choice and soverignty, thus outside the scope of this convo.
    Force someone to be sacrificed...different story. Then, it's murder.
  • Willski Marlene... 2012/07/11 14:53:36
    Willski
    +1
    Heh.
    So, you say you can kill others when provoked and life limb or loved one’s are in jeopardy? Well that’s a very ambiguous statement, for me my loved ones are in jeopardy when someone driving beside us on the motorway is being reckless and veering from side to side. Does that mean I can shoot him?
    For many people the reputation and honour of their family and loved one’s are in jeopardy if they’re seen accepting an inadequate wedding dowry.
    Now if we assume that by jeopardy you mean imminent mortal danger, which you didn’t say, then you still have issues. My English teacher 6 years ago had a brother who was stabbed to death, supposedly (I’ve never tried to verify the story) the killer had seen him approaching him acting aggressively and brandishing a bat, so stabbed him to prevent himself being attacked. In reality the man was returning home from the pub after celebrating a victory in a local cricket tournament.
    There was no imminent danger, just a perceived but non-existent threat. Is this fine by your moral code?
    I agree that no one should be forced into a belief system or culture, or have a belief system or culture forced upon them.
    So I’m going to boil my point down to one simple question I want you to answer, with Yes, or No.
    Do you think every single human on the planet sh...

Heh.
    Do you think every single human on the planet should hold identical opinions to you?
    To help you a bit, “Yes”, is Yes, I believe all humans should be FORCED to believe like me, including their views on the sanctity of life, ignoring the fact that many cultures don’t believe this is the case.
    “No” is no, I’m a culturally open minded people, and I accept that in many cultures people know their life has a set value, that people can be bartered and accept and acknowledge this. As an enlightened and open minded individual I can see that while this violates my own personal beliefs, these people knowingly and willingly live within and cooperate with this system.
    So, Yes or No please. (Yes I’ve weighted the options, but to reflect the world, not just my own personal beliefs.)
    Oh, and once again, sorry i wrote so much.
  • Marlene... Willski 2012/07/11 20:53:54
    Marlene Wilkins
    +1
    I won't split hairs, and you know what I mean by 'jeorpardy'. :-)
    Writing too much?? Not a hassle. :-)

I won't attack someone on the street because they're drunk and carrying a bat. Neither would hubby or John.
    But, drunk, carrying a weapon and making hostile comments indicative of an imminent attack--you can bet I'll try to leave, or if unable to because of whatever factors...IF an attack actually comes I'd be ready for it.
    I believe in DEFENSE, meaning the other person must make the first move. Husband has taught me how to properly disarm a person, so I can wait until the first move with relative safety, be it bat, gun, knife...

The person who stabbed the innocent man above is an example of a complete lack of self-control and allowing one's paranoia run away with one's brain.
    In short.
    NO!
    What happened is NOT OK by me, and I hope the jelly-brained putz got serious jail-time for being so tragically stupid!!
    Defense, NOT 'counter-attack first because something 'might' happen.'.

Now, if someone breaks into our home--and believe me after the intruder that nearly beat me to death a while back there's NO f--king way anyone gets in here 'accidentally' and even a SWAT team would find it formidably difficult with the upgrades Husband did--they're going to die, unless upon confrontation they i...

Writing too much?? Not a hassle. :-)

In short.
    NO!

Now, if someone breaks into our home--and believe me after the intruder that nearly beat me to death a while back there's NO f--king way anyone gets in here 'accidentally' and even a SWAT team would find it formidably difficult with the upgrades Husband did--they're going to die, unless upon confrontation they immediately offer absolute and inconditional surrender.

As for my opinions vs. the world.
    NO.
    People are Sentient, and have the Innate Right to think, choose, decide and gather information for themselves to form their OWN opinions and perspectives.
    They also have the Innate Right not to be coerced, browbeaten or intimidated into following an ideology, belief system or other such thing if they do not with to.
    No one has the right to force their opinions, ideology, belief systems on others and make them adopt them.
    If they choose to live in whatever culture that treats Life with such abandon, that's they're choice.
    I don't have to like it, but I do respect it.

However, those wishing to leave such a culture MUST be allowed to do so, as they have that Right.
  • Willski Marlene... 2012/07/11 22:11:37
    Willski
    +1
    Well, you’ve stopped saying everyone must share your opinion on the sanctity of human life, so I’m happy, in fact you’ve almost said what I’ve been saying all along. And aside from that I agree with just about everything you’re saying.
    Of course, without being brow beaten, coerced or forced into a belief system, merely being raised in it will lead to near total assimilation into it. While from an outside perspective a person with no culture may decide not to be a Muslim, or Canadian, or British, to a person raised within the culture it’s all they know, very few have the perspective or bravery required to leave everything they’ve ever known.
    In my current state given the choice of which culture I want to live in, even without factoring in personal relations (friends and family) I can’t think of a culture I’d rather live in than this British-ness.
    Can you think of one you’d prefer to Canadian-ness?
  • Marlene... Willski 2012/07/11 22:44:26
    Marlene Wilkins
    +1
    Everyone must agree that Human life is valuable, what they do with it is up to them as individuals.
    If we start thinking, as a world, that Human life is nothing special, then we'll be in some really serious bad times.

And all we did was hammer out a 'communications protocol' and realized we were both arguing the same point, the same way. :-D

True, but if they DO choose to leave their home culture, as some do, they have the right to do so.

I was nearly born in London. My parents came from England roughly a month or less before I was born. So, I DO have the 'proper' accent--which makes life interesting when I use redneck phrases. :-)
    Given a choice between Canada or Britain, if things get too sloppy here because of a basically incompetent government, we'll either move to Britain or New Zealand.
    I love Canada, but there's the potential for some very seriously bad things coming northward from the USA.
  • Willski Marlene... 2012/07/11 22:59:18
    Willski
    +1
    Well, most things coming from the USA are bad...
    It's not that great over here either, My siblings, friends and I have been seeking employment for a little over a year now, and of the 4 of us, one managed to volunteer somewhere.
    We're getting tax rises, budget cuts, increase on fuel duty and everyone's neglecting the royal mail to death. Can't say about new zealand.
    Looking through our conversation, yeah, i think you're right. We did seem to be thinking about the same, just from different angles.
    Well, might i say, this has been a very entertaining conversation for me, thank you for being interest and intelligent.
  • Marlene... Willski 2012/07/11 23:03:59
    Marlene Wilkins
    +1
    Ty & Likewise in kind! :-)
    (ignore the dyslexic errors, it's bad today)
    I didn't realize Britain was in such a mess...sorry to hear that!!
    Maybe go into business for yourself...keycutting, knife sharpening, something like that with low overhead and a one-man operation can start at and expand from??

Too hot to think here right now...I'd sell my eyeteeth for a good thunderstorm right now. :-)
  • Willski Marlene... 2012/07/11 23:16:04
    Willski
    +1
    Well, we've had quite a few of those recently. Lots of rain too. 3 years of drought, and we made up for it in a month.
    But yeah, it’s a shame to see Britain in this state, we’ve gone from controlling a quarter of the world’s land to this. I miss the good old days of the empire, even if it ceased to exist back on the 30th of June 1997, (when I was 3 years, and 10 months old) when we handed over sovereignty of Hong Kong to China… But I feel I’ve gone off topic again.
  • Marlene... Willski 2012/07/11 23:22:30
    Marlene Wilkins
    +1
    Maybe if Empire was still around, and had successfully adapted to the changing world, things wouldn't be in such a mess there or abroad.
    Empire did have it's stabilizing influences in many regions, despite the negative aspects of it.
    World could use some stabilizing right now.

Alberta weather...changes really quick, you never know what's coming really. LOL

2014/09/30 15:07:18