Hooray for Florida ! Only 49 more states to go!!!!!!!

Welshtaff 2012/06/21 01:12:03

Only 49 more states to go!!!!!!!

Hooray for Florida !

I-95 and I-75 will be jammed for the next month or so with druggies and deadbeats heading North out of Florida, because this is the first state in the union to require drug testing to receive welfare!

Hooray for Florida ! In signing the new law, Republican Gov. Rick Scott said, "If Floridians want welfare, they better make sure they are drug-free."

Applicants must pay for the drug test, but are reimbursed if they test drug-free. Applicants who test positive for illicit substances won't be eligible for the funds for a year, or until they undergo treatment. Those who fail a second time will be banned from receiving funds for three years!

Naturally, a few people are crying this is unconstitutional.
How is this unconstitutional? It's a legal requirement that every person applying for a job has to pass drug tests in order to get the job, why not those who receive welfare?

Let's get welfare back to the ones who need it, not to those who won't get a job.
I AGREE, DO YOU?

• boneman1 Skeptikat 2012/06/27 20:16:12
    boneman1
    +1
    Typical classless response by somebody with nothing to back their case. By the way, if they did try hitting my house there'd be one less person on assistance.
  • Skeptikat boneman1 2012/06/27 22:29:57
  • boneman1 Skeptikat 2012/06/28 02:36:37
    boneman1
    +1
    Don't do drugs if you expect taxpayers to foot the bill for you.
  • bleep 2012/06/22 15:25:48
    bleep
    +2
    I want to see if florida gets perductive again. Tho it probably won't be this law that makes it productive. The economy has to pick up. Looks like you druggies are gonna need more drugs.to work harder.
  • Simmering Frog 2012/06/22 15:13:21
    Simmering Frog
    +4
    A law Chuck Norris would be proud of.
  • C. C. R... Simmeri... 2012/06/22 18:45:25
    C. C. Rider
    +7
    WHAT Chuck Noriis only backs the Constitution

When Florida Gov. Rick Scott (R) signed the law requiring welfare recipients to pass annual drug tests to collect benefits, he justified the likely unconstitutional law by saying it would save the state money by keeping drug users from using public money to subsidize their drug habits. Drug use, Scott claimed, was higher among welfare recipients than among the rest of the population.

Preliminary results from the state’s first round of testing, however, has seemingly proven both of those claims false. Only 2 percent of welfare recipients failed drug tests, meaning the state must reimburse the cost of the $30 drug tests to the 96 percent of recipients who passed drug tests . After reimbursements, the state’s savings will be almost broke.
  • #Justic... C. C. R... 2012/06/22 21:49:16
    #Justice4Trayvon 629 BLOCKT CONS
    +3
    I hope they're gonna test the CEO's who receive corporate welfare.
  • C. C. R... #Justic... 2012/06/23 17:38:42
    C. C. Rider
    +2
    Now that would be justice!!! And the REAL Welfare cleaned up. IT is always so easy for the cons to beat up on the weak, sickly and poor.
  • Wayne 2012/06/22 14:14:43
    Wayne
    +4
    Good for Florida!!!!!!!!
  • superangrymonkey 2012/06/22 14:12:09
    superangrymonkey
    +1
    Well... it is unconsitutional. But so is welfare. So I'm like.. :/
  • Professor Wizard 2012/06/22 13:45:09
    Professor Wizard
    +2
    I agree... I had to pass a background check as well.. they should too.
  • Arthur 2012/06/22 11:52:21
    Arthur
    +6
    I have to be tested to work where I work and being is how people like me pay those welfair wages, they should have to pass random drug screenings. Fair is fair leeches. Don't think I wouldn't enjoy a dewby every now and then, but my work doesn't allow it so I don't.
  • C. C. R... Arthur 2012/06/22 12:51:33
    C. C. Rider
    +3
    LMAO You must be on the ole doobies now. HERE is the difference. YOU chose a work place that does drug testing SOCK...I see you just joined Shead a few hours ago. LMAO can not come here under your REAL profile? LOL

Rick Scott's program almost bankrupted this State!! HE found almost NO ONE on drugs!! LMAO So the STATE had to PAY for ALL those useless drugtests and THEN it was ruled unconsitutional!! And he was aware of that but did it anyway. SO really, he BLEW more of your money then anyone on Welfare would. And if that was not enought to WASTE your money on he has been purging LEGAL voters and the STATE is paying for that TOO, even tho he has been TOLD it is ILLEGAL to DO SO. SO you see cons love breaking the law on YOUR dime.
  • Yo'Adri... C. C. R... 2012/06/22 18:20:44
    Yo'Adrienne..AFCL
    +3
    THEY FOUND NO ONE ON DRUGS? Are you serious? and there are no LOW LIFE's living there either....huh? It's PARADISE!
  • C. C. R... Yo'Adri... 2012/06/22 18:37:07
    C. C. Rider
    +4
    ohh you poor poor cons..lose sight of the blog you are on...that is drug testing on WELFARE!! LOL His test was a bust..no pun inteneded of course. Of course after reading some on these posts they have proven low life's live in all states, not just Fl dear

Preliminary results from the state’s first round of testing, however, has seemingly proven both of those claims false. Only 2 percent of welfare recipients failed drug tests, meaning the state must reimburse the cost of the $30 drug tests to the 96 percent of recipients who passed drug tests . After reimbursements, the state’s savings will be almost gone.
  • C. C. R... C. C. R... 2012/06/22 18:49:17
    C. C. Rider
    +5
    [...]

Preliminary results from the state’s first round of testing, however, has seemingly proven both of those claims false. Only 2 percent of welfare recipients failed drug tests, meaning the state must reimburse the cost of the $30 drug tests to the 96 percent of recipients who passed drug tests . After reimbursements, the state’s savings will be broke.

cartoons on rick scott drug testing cartoons on rick scott drug testing
  • Stacy F Arthur 2012/06/22 18:08:24 (edited)
    Stacy F
    +3
    Art, don't worry about CCRider's comment. She's under the assumption that she is ALWAYS right.
    I have to laugh at her comment, with regard to Gov. Rick Scott's program, "HE found almost NO ONE on drugs!!"
    REALLY?!? In Florida, NO ONE is on drugs???

Maybe she missed the news, but this article should be of interest...

"Florida is the primary destination for cocaine smuggled from South America through the Caribbean and into the United States. South Florida and, to a lesser extent, Jacksonville and Tampa serve as regional transportation hubs and transshipment points for multikilogram to multihundred-kilogram quantities of cocaine generally destined for distribution in states east of the Mississippi River. Colombian DTOs and criminal groups control the transportation to the state; however, they usually rely on Bahamian, Cuban American, Dominican, Haitian, Jamaican, Puerto Rican and other Caribbean criminal groups to transport cocaine into Florida. Maritime vessels are the primary conveyances used to transport cocaine to Florida. Colombian DTOs and criminal groups are the primary wholesale distributors of powdered cocaine in Florida. The primary criminal groups and gangs that distribute wholesale quantities of crack cocaine in Florida vary by area and include Haitian and Jamaican crimi...

"Florida is the primary destination for cocaine smuggled from South America through the Caribbean and into the United States. South Florida and, to a lesser extent, Jacksonville and Tampa serve as regional transportation hubs and transshipment points for multikilogram to multihundred-kilogram quantities of cocaine generally destined for distribution in states east of the Mississippi River. Colombian DTOs and criminal groups control the transportation to the state; however, they usually rely on Bahamian, Cuban American, Dominican, Haitian, Jamaican, Puerto Rican and other Caribbean criminal groups to transport cocaine into Florida. Maritime vessels are the primary conveyances used to transport cocaine to Florida. Colombian DTOs and criminal groups are the primary wholesale distributors of powdered cocaine in Florida. The primary criminal groups and gangs that distribute wholesale quantities of crack cocaine in Florida vary by area and include Haitian and Jamaican criminal groups, African American and Hispanic gangs, and local independent Caucasian dealers. Various criminal groups, African American and Hispanic gangs, and Caucasian and African American local independent dealers are the dominant retail distributors of powdered and crack cocaine in Florida."
    http://www.justice.gov/ndic/p...

Sorry, CC, but I have to give this round to Arthur... because you're delusional!
    (Art, I had to post this on your comment board, because CCRider blocked me... just like a liberal would do!)
  • gvc 2012/06/22 11:09:42
    gvc
    +4
    Completely!
    If you want to use drugs, do it on your own dime. Every State in the Union should follow Florida's lead!
  • George 2012/06/22 09:53:58
    George
    +3
    I wish I could once again say Im proud to be a NYer and add my state to the list of states using common sense.
    Instead I have to continuously apologize for the likes of Chucky Shumer's and those that share his political ideals.
    Sorry America.
  • Stacy F George 2012/06/22 17:57:43
    Stacy F
    +5
    You don't have to apologize, George. You can't be blamed for Schumer's idiocy. That particular "honor" is ALL his.
  • Yo'Adri... George 2012/06/22 18:21:58
    Yo'Adrienne..AFCL
    +4
    and well you should....CHUCKIE and a few chosen others are despicable....but every state has a few!
  • joseph ... George 2012/07/03 00:47:25
  • George joseph ... 2012/07/03 10:15:46
    George
    +1
    I once again feel compelled to apologize to the rest of the common sensers of this country. Now I have to do it because of you too.
    Sorry USA, we got another lefty loon here thats an embarrassment for this state, part-time he says, so he's embarrassing some other state too which is a part-time relief for some of us here.
  • joseph ... George 2012/07/04 06:45:30
  • George joseph ... 2012/07/04 10:44:06
    George
    +1
    "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser"
    Socrates
  • joseph ... George 2012/07/04 19:55:37
  • George joseph ... 2012/07/04 21:01:03
    George
    +1
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser"
    Socrates
  • jackie 2012/06/22 09:47:50
    jackie
    +3
    Yay I live in Florida. Good job! I am so use to see drug addicts that are also on welfare on Judge Mathis, they should do that for all states.
  • C. C. R... jackie 2012/06/22 18:38:44
    C. C. Rider
    +4

• jackie C. C. R... 2012/06/22 22:53:03
    jackie
    +1
    wow, thats a waste o_O
  • C. C. R... jackie 2012/06/23 17:40:46
    C. C. Rider
    +2
    So is Rick Scott. HE has blown threw this state's money and raped all the laws along with the constitution. HE will never see another term.

cartoons rick scott drug testing cartoons rick scott drug testing
  • Joey 2012/06/22 05:45:20
    Joey
    +4
    Scott "owns" the place that does the testing .. Republicans don't hate the conflict of interest here ?
  • charles_1 2012/06/22 05:40:49
    charles_1
    +2
    It's a step in the right direction. They need to follow up with random unannounced testing. Florida appears to only be testing at application time and lets the applicant schedule and pay for the test them self. So of course most will schedule the test and make sure they are drug free for it. Need to throw some randomness in there to catch anyone gaming the system. That's the same thing they do to anyone working.
  • dallas charles_1 2012/06/22 08:05:43
  • Arthur dallas 2012/06/22 11:57:54
    Arthur
    +3
    Fair is fair dallas, I gotta pass one to make the money they take from me to give to these people. I don't mind helping out the needy, but I'll be darned if they are going to enjoy themselves on my dime.
  • dallas Arthur 2012/06/22 21:21:31
  • charles_1 dallas 2012/06/22 16:43:51
    charles_1
    +3
    People schedule the test themselves. They are not random. So I fully EXPECT most to come back clean. They refrain from drugs to pass the test. 4% aren't getting benefits.

I have a way to really save money. Cut them all off and tell them get a friggin job.
  • C. C. R... charles_1 2012/06/22 18:42:01 (edited)
    C. C. Rider
    +6
    ok, let me march on over to the elderly and those wounded in the war who can no longer work to get a damn job. How about you get off your ass and you throw them out in the street. IT is soooo con of you to do so. Honey, quit being a racist, they are not all BLACK welfare queens as you think Welfare is made up of.

Preliminary results from the state’s first round of testing, however, has seemingly proven both of those claims false. Only 2 percent of welfare recipients failed drug tests, meaning the state must reimburse the cost of the $30 drug tests to the 96 percent of recipients who passed drug tests. After reimbursements, the state’s savings will be almost broke.
  • charles_1 C. C. R... 2012/06/22 19:33:17 (edited)
    charles_1
    +2
    Race has absolutely zero to do with this HONEY! You brought that up. You made the racist stereo types. Not me. Put away your race card cause I don't take it here. And I don't talk to people who bandy about racist stereo types to pry money out of my pocket. 4% off welfare. I consider that a plus.
  • C. C. R... charles_1 2012/06/22 18:53:09
    C. C. Rider
    +4
    The tests were not scheduled by the welfare crowd. The money was deducted ASAP out of their income or lose the income. They had no idea what was ahead for them. Many were thrown deeper into poverty over this Sharia Law enforcement.

2014/04/16 19:29:09