Homosexual Rights Trump Others Rights. Do you agree?

Dodgerfan 2012/06/22 21:26:30
Judge Tim Garcia of the New Mexico Court of Appeals thinks so. He ruled a religious couple had no right to refuse doing wedding photography for a homosexual wedding.

Folks, we are in a world of hurts in this country when perverts get special treatment. They could have gotten someone else to do their pictures.

• TheBadOne 2012/06/22 21:59:51 (edited)
    no way any day!
    TheBadOne
    +4
    I disagree that litigation is necessary but if gay marriage we legal throughout the country they wouldn't bring attention to themselves, would they?

It isn't perversion, it's orientation. My mom raised me playing with jewelry, kitchen sets, and My Little Pony. I shoulda been gay if it was all up-bringing. However, once 6-year-old me found his dad's Sports Illustrated Swimsuit issue, I've been on a never ending quest to see as many women nude as possible. I was born straight; I didn't choose to be.

• LibertyGreg 2013/08/07 19:16:08
    no way any day!
    LibertyGreg
    I wonder what would happen if the homosexuals wanted their wedding catered by a muslim deli and the deli refused? Whose "rights" would the liberal progressive activist judges violate on that one?
  • KarenInKenoshaWisconsin 2012/06/25 02:46:57
    yes, it's ok to force people to do anything.
    KarenInKenoshaWisconsin
    Since we don't have totally unlimited rights to exert our prejudice upon others in this country, it's not reallly a matter of trumping rights to let protected minorities have theirs.
  • Willie 2012/06/24 07:24:31
    Willie
    There are "accommodation" laws in many states. These laws prevent the sort of "we reserve the right to refuse service to anyone" attitude that some business owners think allows them to discriminate. It's what makes all hotels and restaurants open to everyone, regardless of color (which was not the case everywhere, even 50 years ago). I'm not sure exactly what the rules are in New Mexico, but I'm sure the judge knew, and ruled correctly.

What amazes me is the stupidity of people. Instead of being the sort of moron who says, "No, we won't do business with you, we don't like your sort of people," why not say, "Sorry, but we're already booked for that day?" That's the way around accommodation laws for those who own private service businesses and want to continue to practice bigotry. Maybe they're just too stupid to think of that.
  • Dodgerfan Willie 2012/06/24 17:30:35
    Dodgerfan
    So you would lie to get around something that is not constitutional in the first place? I have run people off my land and told them never come back because I will not sell produce to them. Nothing to do with race or any other preference other than they were arrogant. But next they will sue saying I have to serve them, right?
  • Willie Dodgerfan 2012/06/24 20:04:35
    Willie
    You'll have to check your local laws to see if there are any regarding accommodation, and if you feel they're unconstitutional, go ahead and challenge them. As far as refusing to do business with people who don't behave in a way you like, I can't think of a law protecting them. You could, for instance, hang up a sign that says, "No Singing," and then refuse service to anyone who sings. What you can't do is hang up a sign that says, "Only African-Americans Allowed to Sing."
  • Dodgerfan Willie 2012/06/25 04:30:46
    Dodgerfan
    When the law tells me I have to sell to everyone regardless of rude behavior; or do a job for people that would cause me mental or physical pain, then it is time to quit and sellout and move somewhere where there is still some liberty at the least.
  • reaper 2012/06/24 07:21:55
    no way any day!
    reaper
    ahem...

ahem
  • Psyblade 2012/06/24 03:15:29
    no way any day!
    Psyblade
    The only rights being trampled are closed-minded peoples' "right" to discriminate.
  • rustex782 Psyblade 2012/06/24 05:45:38
  • The_Infidel_Atheist 2012/06/24 03:08:38
    no way any day!
    The_Infidel_Atheist
    Religious rights are not justification for discrimination.
  • rustex782 The_Inf... 2012/06/24 05:45:47
  • Odinsown 2012/06/23 18:10:26
    no way any day!
    Odinsown
    +2
    Was there a contract involved? If they signed a contract they are bound to it unles sthey pay the penalty for breaking it.
  • Melicious Kiss of PHAET 2012/06/23 17:37:42
    no way any day!
    Melicious Kiss of PHAET
    +2
    Biased answers.

I have no idea, how allowing homosexuals equal rights, and the ability to be free from discrimination is trampling over other people's rights.
  • rustex782 2012/06/23 17:29:22
    rustex782
    +2
    gays aren't asking for any special rights or treatment. . . and nothing the gays are asking for could possibly "trump" anybody's rights
  • Dodgerfan 2012/06/23 10:37:37
    no way any day!
    Dodgerfan
    http://newmediajournal.us/ind... here's one site that gives the news.
  • XZQZQ 2012/06/23 08:31:14
    no way any day!
    XZQZQ
    +1
    As Orwell says in " Animal Farm ".....' All animals are equal.... Some animals are more equal than others '.
  • ConLibFraud 2012/06/23 00:41:32
    no way any day!
    ConLibFraud
    +3
    Go be gay! It's what freedom is all about. But you gays don't mind if I start "Short White Bald Single Heterosexual Day and Parade"?
  • rustex782 ConLibF... 2012/06/23 17:26:20
    rustex782
    +3
    you can if you want to.
  • Shawna ConLibF... 2012/06/23 17:32:41
    Shawna
    +3
    Go right ahead.
  • Melicio... ConLibF... 2012/06/23 17:38:28
    Melicious Kiss of PHAET
    +2
    Go for it. And have fun!
  • Daniel 2012/06/22 22:39:44
    no way any day!
    Daniel
    +2
    People are afraid to stand up for what's right because all the perves will get the Left Wingers screaming foul.
  • rustex782 Daniel 2012/06/23 17:26:50
    rustex782
    +1
    whats right?. . .
  • Melicio... rustex782 2012/06/23 17:38:47
    Melicious Kiss of PHAET
    +1
    Equality is right.
  • Daniel rustex782 2012/06/23 19:30:05
    Daniel
    +1
    Not what the judge did.
  • rustex782 Daniel 2012/06/23 19:46:29
    rustex782
    i don't agree with the judge for doing that unless, however, the photographer signed an agreement to do the photo shoot and then backed out at the last min due to her faith. I seriously doubt this couple went into these peoples studio and requested a photo shoot and then sued them because they said no. In any case. . . its evil to hate others and discriminate regardless of how legal you might think it is.
  • Daniel rustex782 2012/06/23 22:11:32
    Daniel
    I agree there could be more but hate is a little strong and poorly used. Discriminate isn't proper either. I don't approve of anysexual perversion may it be wives cheating, child molesters or homos but I don't hate them. I see them all the same and equal.
  • Waldorf 2012/06/22 22:22:26
    no way any day!
    Waldorf
    Do you have a link to the details of the ruling?
  • Dodgerfan Waldorf 2012/06/23 10:38:01
  • Schläue~© 2012/06/22 22:10:53
    no way any day!
    Schläue~©
    +1
    "We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone".
    no way any day!
    TheBadOne
    +4

• Shawna TheBadOne 2012/06/23 17:33:43
    Shawna
    +3
    LOL-was your mother conducting a social experiment?
  • TheBadOne Shawna 2012/06/23 22:33:37
    TheBadOne
    +3
    I think she just really wanted a daughter.
  • Shawna TheBadOne 2012/06/23 22:39:52
    Shawna
    +1
    Hmmm...that's a bit selfish though. Some people think they should give children exposure to all types of toys so as not to impose gender roles. I wondered if she was trying that.
  • Dodgerfan TheBadOne 2012/06/23 19:00:45
    Dodgerfan
    The act of sodomy is a perversion of natural sex which has a reason for being conducted. If a person is homosexual they do not have to act upon their desires and create health problems for themselves and another. The same can be said for one that is weak and could fall prey to gambling, drinking alcohol, smoking (cigarettes or marijuana, etc.) or a host of other things that could harm them. If you don't start acting upon the impulse you can't become addicted.
  • TheBadOne Dodgerfan 2012/06/23 22:38:05
    TheBadOne
    I'll never have an attraction to another man but if two people of the same gender fell in love with each ither, then who am I to say they can't marry? If you were a genuine Libertarian, you would at least argue that it isn't your place or the government's to say the same.
  • Dodgerfan TheBadOne 2012/06/23 23:27:56
    Dodgerfan
    Homosexuals "can" live together and do acts of sodomy if they please in this country. And this topic wasn't about marrying or being denied their right to live together. It is about government force ably telling someone they have to do what they are told. That is enslavement and that party gives up their rights to interact with who they choose and to have contracts with the same.
    You are correct, it isn't my place or the government's to tell an entrepreneur who they will serve and who they won't.
  • Psyblade Dodgerfan 2012/06/24 03:16:25
    Psyblade
    Name one "perversion of natural sex" that homosexuals engage in that isn't also engaged in by heterosexuals.
  • Dodgerfan Psyblade 2012/06/24 04:18:18
    Dodgerfan
    Heterosexuals can also be perverts in the act of sex but a homosexual in the act of sex is always a pervert.
  • Psyblade Dodgerfan 2012/06/24 05:19:13 (edited)
    Psyblade
    So what I got from this is that it's ok for heterosexuals to have sex sometimes, but if homosexuals have sex at ANY time then that automatically makes them perverts. Yeah.....ok dude. That's not a double standard or anything.
  • Dodgerfan Psyblade 2012/06/24 17:41:40
    Dodgerfan
    Did you read it again? Heterosexuals do pervert sex in some cases such as sodomy but homosexuals cannot do anything but pervert sex between two people of the same sex. The natural order of sex is between two human individuals one being male the other female.
    No double standard, just the way it is. Now, if you can get the human race to evolve into all hermaphrodites that can impregnate and be impregnated then the debate will end.

2014/11/01 04:09:24