Home Land Security has purchased more Ammo!

mach-1 BL-106 2012/09/20 03:45:02

This was reported today by the Drudge

After reading this on Drudge and copying it I went back to Drudge to re read it and it was gone.

So it has gremlins in it I am sure ! as I can't scan it, or paste it to SH...
I am typing it from the copy and please bare with me!

The following controversy over its purchase of around 1.2 billion bullets in the last 6mts. alone,the Department of homeland security has put out a new solicitation for over 200 million more rounds of ammunition,some of which are designated to be used by snipers.
A series of new solicitations posted on the FedBizOpps website show that the DHS is looking to purchase 200 million rounds of 223 rifle ammo over the next four years,as well as 176,000 rounds of .308 caliber 168 grain hollow point boat tail (HPBT) rounds in addition to 25.000 rounds of blank .308 cal. bullets.

As James Smith over at Prepper Podcat website highlights,"It is the type of ammo and not necessarily the quantity that is troubling".

Smith points out that the DHS acquisition of .308 rounds is of concern because they are set to be used by well trained snipers.

" all of the sniper grade ammo is being used by trained ,or in the process of being trained snipers. writes Smith, noting that the math adds up to 135,384 potential kills for the snipers to make, using the 176,000 rounds of ammo,basing the figures on the facts that the united States Army and Marine Corps snipers in Vietnam expended 1.3 rounds of ammo for each claim and verified kill.

As this police training website documents .308 cal.168 grain bullets are the ammo of choice for experienced law enforcement snipers

The number of bullets purchased by DHS now adds up to a staggering 1.4 billion over the last 6 mys. alone. Although all those bullets won't be delivered at once, the DHS commitment to purchasing such an arsenal of ammo is both worrying and Ironic given Americans are being Harassed and treated with suspicion for buying a couple of boxes of ammo at their local gun store.

Following the barrage of questions about why the federal agency has purchased so many bullets , the DHS has refused to respond and even gone to the lengths of censoring info relating to the solicitations for ammo.

The DHS decision back in March to purchase the 450 million rounds of 40.cal hollow points bullets that are designed to expand upon entry and cause maximum organ damage prompted questions as to why the the federal agency required such powerful bullets and in such large quantities merely for training purposes.

This was followed up by a recent order for a further 750.000 million rounds, including bullets that can penetrate walls.

The main stream media responded to the controversy by focusing on a purchase of 174.000 bullets by the Social security Administration while they completely ignored the fact that DHS had purchased well over a billion rounds.

Although the Associated press and other media outlets dismissed concerns over the Federal Government purchasing large quantities of ammo as paranoia,the fact that the DHS is preparing for civil unrest cannot be denied.

having recently acquired riot gear, the DSH also purchased a number of bullet proof checkpoint booths that include ,"stop and go " lights.

The US Army has be preparing for domestic disorder.

A recent leaked US army Military police training manual for "civil disturbance operations" outlines how military assets are to be used domestically to quell riots, confiscate fire arms and even kill Americans on U.S. soil during a mass civil unrest.

On page 20 of the manual rules regarding the use of deadly force in confronting dissident are made disturbingly clear with the directive that a "warning shot will not be fire"... The manual includes lists of weapons to be used against rioters or demonstrators including anti riot grenades, it also advises troops to carry their guns int he "safe port arms" stance a psychological tactic aimed at "making a show of force before rioters". Non lethal water cannons are also included.

I am not sure how you feel but this is a grave concern!

• Louisa - Enemy of the State 2012/09/20 16:17:27
    Louisa - Enemy of the State
    +3
    Well at least he hasn't 'taken over' the ammunition's industry!

I recently began to remind people who are buying guns, to buy ammo. Buy a lot of ammo! Join your local ammo of the month club and put yourself on automatic shipment!! lol
  • mach-1 ... Louisa ... 2012/09/21 01:12:41
    mach-1  BL-106
    +3
    As much as you can!
  • Professor Wizard 2012/09/20 14:04:26
    Professor Wizard
    +3
    You should know you are in trouble, when your government wants to disarm you, and is arming itself at the same time.
  • mach-1 ... Profess... 2012/09/21 01:14:16
    mach-1  BL-106
    +2
    Yes and it is worrisome to say the least...This come from a administration who hates guns and ammo...And the fact that they took it off Drudge makes me think it is hushed.
  • Todd~AFCL 2012/09/20 13:47:43
    Todd~AFCL
    +1
    This is disturbing new, indeed. However, I am not surprised. 0bama and crew know that what they are doing is going to force a revolt. They are gearing up for the One World Government and will need to suppress the truly patriotic Americans who will fight back in defense of liberty and our constitution.
    http://www.gotquestions.org/o... One world government
  • mach-1 ... Todd~AFCL 2012/09/21 01:15:07
    mach-1  BL-106
    +1
    Oh I agree..100% with you!
  • The Lib Hater 2012/09/20 12:21:23 (edited)
    The Lib Hater
    +3
    They know the economic collapse is nearing.
  • mach-1 ... The Lib... 2012/09/21 01:18:25
    mach-1  BL-106
    +3
    Yes as they have worked on slowing it for 4 years...and all we need to do one day is see the dollar lose all of its value and major depression starts...Holder can do that...and he will...after the election so as Mark Levine says hold on to your hats folks if obama is not defeated say bye bye to the Constitution.
  • texasred 2012/09/20 09:28:38
    texasred
    +4
    I wonder what kind of excuse they're going to give this time.
  • mach-1 ... texasred 2012/09/21 01:20:30
    mach-1  BL-106
    +4
    They need no excuse...they are above this....Obama is truely evil...and everyone better get use to it if he gets his way in Nov.
  • Artist~PWCM~ 2012/09/20 05:39:03
    Artist~PWCM~
    +2
    So what do you think they're going to use them for...or on whom?
  • mach-1 ... Artist~... 2012/09/21 01:23:00
    mach-1  BL-106
    +2
    I don't know . But why do they need it? part of it say for civil unrest? Personally
    I think when he crashes the economy there will be riots and fear....and tyranny and to keep the masses at bay he is getting ready.
  • Artist~... mach-1 ... 2012/09/21 17:21:10
    Artist~PWCM~
    +1
    Well if I need bullets I'll know where to get them, the EPA...they'll shoot themselves in the foot before they get a bead on anyone.
  • Tee Quake 2012/09/20 04:06:57
    Tee Quake
    +3
    It is absolutely unacceptable for a government agency, which is supposed to be serving the citizens, to arm itself with bullets intended to be used on the very citizens DHS was supposedly formed to protect. Is it not? Frankly, this cannot help but make you wonder what catastrophe is coming that will be so dire that our government will view the American citizen as an enemy combatant. In my 55 years I never witnessed a government like Obama's. Well, I guess that's stupid to say, because had we had a government like Obama's previously, we'd be a socialist tyranny instead of the quickly fading remnants of a Representative Republic.
  • mach-1 ... Tee Quake 2012/09/21 01:32:21
    mach-1  BL-106
    +1
    Your dang right!
    We are the people the Government is supose to protect...And quite frankly that is the only real job the Federal Government is charged to do! So you tell me which party installed all the federal programs we have now? And that will tell you how long they have been planning this ,under the lies and false hood of helping the poor, or monitoring energy or watching over the environment... That is who is the enemy is ...and it has been here for years ripping apart the foundation of this country.... it is not a vote for obama or Romney any more it is all about voting for socialist ideology verse the Constitution.. and I for one want this bast#rd stopped . Everyone who loves the Constitution better get to the polls...Or in my book their traitors..
  • Dwight 2012/09/20 04:01:01
    Dwight
    +4
    Lots of articless and stuff going missing on short notice these days.

I think Mr. Obama doesn't trust us.
  • mach-1 ... Dwight 2012/09/21 01:34:02
    mach-1  BL-106
    +3
    Oh yeah...soon he will force us here to not speak badly of him!
  • abubincrazy 2012/09/20 03:57:15
    abubincrazy
    +3
    Hey hey! Ho Ho!
    Hopey D. Clown's gotta go!
    These are scary days to be an American.
    Dumbasses have put our sworn enemies in the highest circles of power.

REPUBLICANS!!!

Are you really Americans?

PROVE IT and keep these power-junkie lunatics at bay.
  • Tee Quake abubinc... 2012/09/20 04:10:21
    Tee Quake
    +2
    Yeah dumb-asses, prove it!
  • abubinc... Tee Quake 2012/09/20 04:14:55
    abubincrazy
    +1
    Thanks for the amen, Brother Tee!
  • mach-1 ... abubinc... 2012/09/21 01:41:29
    mach-1  BL-106
    +1
    Hey hey here is one for you...in our state a lot of Republicans vote by absentee ballot... I work as a precinct captain in my community ...tonight I went to a Romney chase meeting, Do you know how many dems fill out voter registration forums more than once ? try at least 3 times.
    Why you ask? to bog down the voting system as they know they will never count that many times ..but just to screw with the voting process.

This is what we are up against! And for the record..It is the Independents that need to hear your warning...
  • abubinc... mach-1 ... 2012/09/21 02:56:24
    abubincrazy
    +2
    I am a registered Independent.
    I will be voting Republican for president.
    I know the Dems are the party of treason and voter fraud.
  • mach-1 ... abubinc... 2012/09/22 10:03:30
    mach-1  BL-106
    +1
    WoW....I am glad ....You see many many more need to wake up...

This is not a election between two men! But a election of ideologies.!

This election : We will see the re-birth of a great nation coming back from the brinks of death.
    Or...
    We will see the birth of a socialist country and go the way of Europe...

Honestly that is the real fight here!
    A free Republic ? or a slave state.
  • Kat ♪ ~BTO-t-BCRA-F~ ♪ 2012/09/20 03:46:10
    Kat ♪ ~BTO-t-BCRA-F~ ♪
    +7
    Since it's intended for agencies that have never fired a shot and shouldn't, it is very questionable.
  • Tee Quake Kat ♪ ~... 2012/09/20 04:14:39 (edited)
    Tee Quake
    +5
    Right. Last week I heard the National Weather Service had put in an order for hundreds of thousands of rounds of flesh mutilating hollow point ammunition. The Weather Service? What's up with that? These stories have been flying around the virtual world for weeks and I have yet to hear the MSM even mention it. In a word, we are all in deep do do.
  • Kat ♪ ~... Tee Quake 2012/09/20 04:17:19
    Kat ♪ ~BTO-t-BCRA-F~ ♪
    +3
    True, heard that too, coupled with the bulletproof checkpoint booths and the stuff they are setting up with the state police a lot of places, we're screwed if it keeps up.
  • mach-1 ... Tee Quake 2012/09/21 01:46:43
    mach-1  BL-106
    +1
    It is pretty hard when you try to share these stories ( like Drudge) and the strong arm comes out an says take them down ....
  • mach-1 ... Kat ♪ ~... 2012/09/21 01:43:47
    mach-1  BL-106
    +2
    Yes! what the heck does Social Security need bullets for ? I guess they were hoping that no one was watching...Sorry you louse obama ...WE ARE!

2014/10/31 05:13:01