Home invasion: 10+ teens gang-rape woman, force 12 yo son to have sex with mother. Could an assult rifle have helped this mother stop the home invasion and horrific attack ?

CAPISCE 2013/02/13 03:35:22
no
WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. -- A 14-year-old boy has confessed to being among the masked teens who gang-raped a woman at gunpoint and assaulted her son in their West Palm Beach home, police said.
Investigators said Avion Lawson admitted to the crime shortly after he was arrested Tuesday afternoon.
Lawson was linked to the crime after police said they matched DNA evidence found on a condom in the victim's home to the teen.
Lawson has been charged with two counts of armed sexual battery by multiple perpetrators along with two counts of armed home invasion. He made his first appearence in court Wednesday.
Police told WPBF News 25 that the June 18 attack in Dunbar Village was a brutal and horrific incident.
"This was a very horrific crime. Even our investigators who've been here 25 years are visibly shaken," said Ted White of the West Palm Beach Police Department.
According to police reports, a young man tricked the victim into opening the door of her home after he told them that the tires on his vehicle were flat.
Police said the woman and her son were then ambushed by three masked teens carrying weapons, who pushed the two back into the home.
Investigators said seven other teens entered the home and demanded money while seperating the two victims into different bedrooms.
According to police reports, the mother was then raped and beaten by the 10 teens.
Police said the victim's preteen son had a plate smashed over his head and numerous household liquids poured into his eyes. Investigators said the boy was also forced at gunpoint to participate in the sexual assault.
The invaders eventually fled the scene after more than 20 minutes inside of the victim's home, police told WPBF.
Police said the attackers attempted to remove DNA evidence with household cleaning agents.
Following the attack, police said the woman and her son walked a mile to the hospital.
Police hope to arrest nine other teens who participated in the attack. Investigators said they believe all involved in the attack were between 14 and 18 years old.

+11
    ALL of those monsters ..
    should be rounded up and just REMOVED From the gene pool ..
    NOT a single one has any thing even resembling 'human' in their nature anymore ..

This is just a SICK MONSTROUS act ..
    by a group of MONSTER THUGS ..
    INHUMAN .. lacking completely conscience ..
    they even tortured their victim's son ..

(where were the neighbors? Did they not know what was going on?)

CHARGE these monsters all as ADULTS .. line them up and let them breathe their last ..

• Marianne723 2014/04/21 04:27:14
    Marianne723
    Maybe. It depends on a few things. What everyone in the household should keep with them at all times is the remote for their car alarm. Not hard to push that button if being attacked. When the attacker hears that alarm go off, they most likely will run.
  • phil.olding.3 2013/03/11 02:33:43 (edited)
    phil.olding.3
    +1
    No one needs an assault weapon? BS.

This mother CLEARLY needed a weapon capable of killing a mass number of people!

Also, if ANY of these people are ever released from prison, then our prison system has failed again!
  • LibertyAndJusticeForAll 2013/03/11 01:35:02
    LibertyAndJusticeForAll
    +1
    In that situation, I would have been more than happy to go Rambo on them, those perverts asked for it!
  • calvin236 2013/02/18 15:01:12 (edited)
    calvin236
    +1
    If there are 10 teens, then you need to be able to have something to defend yourself, including a gun. This was a sick and evil thing for them to do and all of them should be punished.
  • Sir Bud. 2013/02/18 00:24:20
    no
    Sir Bud.
    +1
    If the teens didn't live in a world popularizing and accustoming people to guns and selling them like Ice cream in California they wouldn't have come up with the idea in the first place.Besides unless you walk around all day holding a gun in your hand and sleep at night with your eyes open holding onto your gun-you aint gonna defend yourself against an ambush.
  • CuresCa... Sir Bud. 2013/03/11 04:59:57
    CuresCancer
    Since they were under 18, the perps surely violated the gun laws. It doesn't seem to have stopped them.

Maybe more gun laws would solve the problem...or maybe not.
  • Sir Bud. CuresCa... 2013/03/11 11:28:17 (edited)
    Sir Bud.
    +1
    What do you mean with"more"guns?.

A new universal gun law which checks more thoroughly the mental condition of a gun applicant cant be a bad thing surely?. The psychological effects of the power of a gun on people especially males is well known and the 2nd Amendment empowers this accidentally. Accidentally, because at the time it was made the world was very different and such a law made sense.A thin population of just four million people inhabiting the worlds third biggest Continent at a time of European military Imperialism,with the Spanish in the South,the French owning Louisiana and the British still up North battling for borders with Flintlocks and swords was a very different situation than now in a modern 300 million populated country.

We live now very close together in a very different and small world in comparison, with different collective values,attitudes,problems,
    situations and influences.Yet certain human primal urges still exist like the male"hunter and provider"which is one sub conscious primal innate persuasion exploited by Industries for profit.The entertainment Industry especially regarding PC virtual Games target that market-providing fantasy experience of lethal weapon malevolent enjoyment which effects and empowers the male ego especially those of the develop...

What do you mean with"more"guns?.

situations and influences.Yet certain human primal urges still exist like the male"hunter and provider"which is one sub conscious primal innate persuasion exploited by Industries for profit.The entertainment Industry especially regarding PC virtual Games target that market-providing fantasy experience of lethal weapon malevolent enjoyment which effects and empowers the male ego especially those of the developing mind.If every bodies personal situations would always stay without personal loss and drama,owning a gun would already be partly superfluous,but as human impulse and emotional rage in reaction to any sudden negative changes are natural-when such persons have or can easily access a gun during such moments-uncontrolled violent emotional response will cause the attraction to commit gun crime.

It is just a very different,cramped and over populated situation when it is about modern guns in a modern society compared to the world of the Founding Fathers.
  • Mariann... CuresCa... 2014/04/21 04:29:28
    Marianne723
    There are gun laws. They just need to be ENFORCED.
  • Doc Holiday 2013/02/15 17:03:02
    no
    Doc Holiday
    +2
    I am not sure a defense rifle would have.

A 45 with a couple of clips may have made a difference. 45 semi auto
  • kiote1963 2013/02/14 21:58:39
    kiote1963
    +1
    Provided she could have gotten to it!
  • lucky 2013/02/14 17:04:43
    no
    lucky
    They were ambushed according to the story, being ambushed gives you no time to grab any type of weapon let alone an assault rifle.

Sometimes guns help in self defense but even the best shooter can be a victim if they are surprised by an attacker.
  • Noor 2013/02/14 10:22:28 (edited)
    Noor
    +2
    Who really knows if this would have helped considering the speed with which this attack was mounted.

However, had this been the case and she had protected herself and her son, who could say anything really? What was done to her... and to her son for being forced to participate.... that is heavy duty life long trauma. These brats need major punishment.

Those little buzztards should be taken out behind the barn and the rest of the human race put out of its misery from having to endure their existence any further.

A good guard dog might have stopped things before they even began however. I used to live in a crime ridden area and was the only person not regularly robbed because I had a big old English sheepdog who just uttered a loud WOOF ... just one.... (she was too lazy to yap a lot)... and the criminals left.
  • matt 2013/02/14 02:03:13
    matt
    +2
    I feel its a moral breakdown in our society.
  • Mariann... matt 2014/04/21 04:30:39
  • Bob 2013/02/14 00:20:50 (edited)
  • Bearish~PWCM~ 2013/02/14 00:01:37
    Bearish~PWCM~
    +3
    But NOOOOO Having a firearm is not in the best interest for Americans.. These animals should all be Hung in public for all to see.. Maybe the other animals this entitlement society has produced would think twice before doing things like this.. They must die for this, I would be happy to pull the lever on these disgusting ANIMALS
    public hanging
  • Randy 2013/02/13 23:21:49
    no
    Randy
    First off I cannot believe anyone with any human feeling would use this old and still painful horror story just for a damn poll. Secondly, most people who are not trained in proper handling of weapons get them use on them by their attackers. And lastly why could she have had a damn hand gun instead of an assualt rifle. That's real life not internet fun time you jerks.
  • Mariann... Randy 2014/04/21 04:34:13
    Marianne723
    I bet it doesn't seem like a long time to the people it happened to. It will probably stay fresh in their minds forever.
  • Mytstar ~PWCM~JLA 2013/02/13 21:31:43
    Mytstar ~PWCM~JLA
    +1
    any gun might have helped her... but only if she was confident enough to use it...time and money should not be wasted on jails and prison for these youths...one convicted ... they should be shot
  • Ozzyboy 2013/02/13 20:39:50
    Ozzyboy
    +2
    Always have a pit bull, german shepard or rottweiler go to the door before you open it. You'd be amazed at how many times those knocking change their minds about wanting to "speak" with you.
  • Mytstar... Ozzyboy 2013/02/13 21:36:58
    Mytstar ~PWCM~JLA
    +1
    You bet... I use to work at a guard dog trainning facility in Arizona...great personal protection ... a well trained dog does not get intimadated easliy
  • Bonita Colley 2013/02/13 16:59:30
    Bonita Colley
    +1
    The boy should have been well versed with the weapon as well.... This is what you get when you disarm the populace! Why the hell do they think the bad guys won't have guns???? We are totally stupid in this country!
  • boneman1 2013/02/13 16:28:07
    boneman1
    +1
    Once she opened the door to somebody she didn't know without a gun in her hand I don't think there's much she could have done. If she had a gun and knew how to use it she could have stopped these thugs in their tracks.
  • Clay Slayer 2013/02/13 15:39:00 (edited)
    no
    Clay Slayer
    +2
    Well according to the report. the woman was stupid for opening the door to someone she didnt know.. too late to go for a gun.. or any type defense at that point.. They are lucky the scum bags didnt kill them..one NEVER OPENS THEIR DOOR TO SOMEONE THEY DONT KNOW.............one of the top rules of safety..

Many years ago, there was a case of a lot of rapes,, seems the rapist was a Bible Salesman.. Yep! a bible salesman wouldnt do that>>>>>
  • Just me ♥ Clay Sl... 2013/02/14 04:16:55
    Just me ♥
    I think most moms of teenaged sons would open the door to teenaged boys thinking they were friends.
  • Clay Sl... Just me ♥ 2013/02/14 15:15:19
    Clay Slayer
    the article says she didnt know them.. there is a difference...when my kids were teens I knew who their friends were... Still one doesnt open the door untill they know... I teach home defense and that is one thing one never does, is open the door unless you are sure of who is on the other side.. That and put a peep hole in your doors, at the cost of 10.00
  • Just me ♥ Clay Sl... 2013/02/15 12:12:22
    Just me ♥
    I would have done the same.
  • Clay Sl... Just me ♥ 2013/02/15 14:13:16
    Clay Slayer
    well! then it coulda been you.. that would be just stupid.. use common sense..
  • Just me ♥ Clay Sl... 2013/02/15 18:24:19
    Just me ♥
    When you grow up in a small town, you tend to trust everybody and you think that would never happen to you.
  • Clay Sl... Just me ♥ 2013/02/15 19:08:05
    Clay Slayer
    Yep, graveyards are full of people with that mentality.
  • Just me ♥ Clay Sl... 2013/02/15 21:00:56
    Just me ♥
    DOH! LOL...
  • Clay Sl... Just me ♥ 2013/02/15 22:10:13
    Clay Slayer
    Dont think it cant happen to you.. and keep on the side of caution,.. Rape is such an ugly thing for a women to have to go through.. be glad it wasnt you, and wake up and face reality..
  • Mariann... Just me ♥ 2014/04/21 04:20:31
    Marianne723
    You can't trust ANYONE anymore.
  • Flowers 2013/02/13 15:10:26
    Flowers
    +2
    What a disgusting bunch of freaks. They should all be shot in the face. Harsh? I don't think so.
  • Bolrog Flowers 2013/02/13 19:02:04
    Bolrog
    +1
    Not harsh enough. I say shoot their balls off. Won't be f*ng anyone else.
  • Angelatxpatriot 2013/02/13 13:42:31
    Angelatxpatriot
    +1
    My God. Maybe we as a human race would be better off dead. There are some sick, sadistic, hateful people out there. I hope, and pray, that someone was able to beat that boy, while in custody.
  • Scout 2013/02/13 12:18:51
    Scout
    I'd prefer a pistol on my hip, though.
  • timberwolf Scout 2013/02/13 14:34:50
    timberwolf
    It would be a lot easier to handle for a woman...
  • Ryan Thomas 2013/02/13 11:27:55
    Ryan Thomas
    +1
    Aren't like Shotguns or something better for home defense though? Frankly I don't think the criminals would have been willing to take the casualties to try to attack the poor woman and her son that way. Tragedy this happened. Hope the scum who committed the attack are found quickly.
  • Sodahead Founders are Fascists 2013/02/13 11:15:00
    no
    Sodahead Founders are Fascists
    It would only have guaranteed that the teens would use the the assault rifle to have some fun after the fun.

2014/07/30 19:29:23