Holder's Revenge

Yankee Traveler 2012/04/02 20:17:27

Reverse discrimination against whites has just begun, according to Attorney General Eric Holder. Now, the exploitation of Trayvon Martin's death has thrown the cycle of racial resentment and favoritism into overdrive.

There has been much poisonous rhetoric following Trayvon Martin's death, and more is sure to come. It is hard to imagine that any other current topic could result in racial madness exceeding that tragedy. Nonetheless, an exceptionally ominous and instructive remark was recently made by Attorney General Eric Holder -- a remark more outlandish than any heard so far in our national conversation about Martin.

Attorney General Holder recently addressed the question of affirmative action, and for how long it would be required. He answered, stunningly, that reverse discrimination has only just begun: "Affirmative action has been an issue since segregation practices," Holder said. "The question is not when does it end, but when does it begin[.] ... When do people of color truly get the benefits to which they are entitled?"

We see in these remarks the soil out of which rises the bitter fruit of racial resentment. Holder's attitude is best summed up as the elite victim mentality. The belief is one of perpetual entitlement, fueled by bitterness, and given the stamp of official approval by politicians at the highest levels of national office. The Trayvon Martin upheaval is made possible by this carefully cultivated attitude, which exists within all income levels. Whether it's under the guise of injustice, inequality, underrepresentation, or white supremacy, the effect of the attitude is the same: sheer resentment towards the majority and its institutions.

Not all minorities share this attitude, while many non-minorities do. For instance, Professor William B. Eimicke of Columbia Universitysupports a lawsuit against New York City because the city doesn't have enough black firefighters. Eimicke, who is white, says, "The reality is the [fire] department should look like the city it serves." In other words, the fire department has something wrong with it because there are not enough blacks employed. This is an example of an educated, mainstream leader promoting an arbitrary standard of underrepresentation. Such standards will only fuel more demands for special treatment, and more resentment when the arbitrary standard proves predictably impossible to meet.

Take the example of Eimicke's fellow Columbia faculty. Of the 70 core faculty members in Prof. Eimicke's department, there are 3 blacks. Seventy-five percent of the faculty is white, and 4% is black, whereas New York City is 45% white and 27% black. Presumably, the principle that a fire department "should look like the city it serves" also applies to the faculty of a tony university. If the faculty "should look like the city it serves," then Columbia needs to expedite the removal of white professors. Will Eimicke enlist in the righteous cause of minority representation and quit? Or is that a sacrifice he prefers to delegate to students or middle- and working-class whites? We all know the answer: elite liberal hypocrisy protects many academics and politicians from the application of their own dogmas. Columbia's faculty will never match the ethnic makeup of New York City because professors are typically protected from purported racial favoritism, while firemen are fair game.

As the attorney general's remark shows, the cycle of elite liberal hypocrisy and racial favoritism will never end, so long as liberals control racial discourse.

In the meantime, the results will become increasingly absurd. The attorney general's daughters, and each successive generation, will continue to benefit from affirmative action to the same degree as truly disadvantaged minorities. This incongruity grows more and more evident, as Democratic Senator James Webb pointed out in his famous Wall Street Journal editorial piece. Sen. Webb noted that affirmative action policies have "expanded so far beyond their original purpose that they now favor anyone who does not happen to be white." Racial preferences extend to business startups, prestigious academic admissions, job promotions, and expensive government contracts. Many of these preferences have no relationship to discrimination, oppression, or even socioeconomic class level; they even benefit recent immigrants whose ancestors never faced discrimination in America. Instead, we are actually creating a government-sanctioned nobility -- a favored class of citizens with officially endorsed, race-based hereditary privileges.

Under the sway of of identity politics and racial grievance, even the most privileged members of our society will hold onto petty gripes. In a 2009 commencement address, the First Lady complained about her childhood experience with the University of Chicago. Recalling that she grew up right near the campus, she stated:

[T]hat university never played a meaningful role in my academic development. The institution made no effort to reach out to me -- a bright and promising student in their midst -- and I had no reason to believe there was a place for me there.

That she felt entitled to be "reached out to" in the first place is astonishing. The egomaniacal sense of entitlement contained in her remarks will strike most people as utterly foreign. Yet this way of conceiving of one's own position in society is commonly shared. Amongst the lower class, this attitude takes the form of demands for "Obama money" and other such hilarity.

Perhaps Michelle Obama should have made an effort at some point to understand why young white students, many of whom were not from Chicago, would have been reticent about venturing out into the South Side of Chicago. The reasons are not hard to discover. Immediately after their report on the First Lady's address, CNN aired a segment on violent crime on the South Side. Chief Ernest Brown of Chicago's Organized Crime Division explained the high rate of youth violence by saying that "their behavior is just inconsistent with civility." With that in mind, many students -- of all races -- may not feel that it is their place to step into another community and attempt to help its youth. In fact, not even Dr. Martin Luther King and his family stayed in urban Chicago for long after starting to work in the city in 1966. Cohen and Taylor write that Coretta Scott King was concerned about violence in the neighborhood, and the Kings spent little time there [1].

Our own attorney general, ostensibly committed to even-handed enforcement of the nation's laws, referred to blacks as "my people." Strangely, it is socially acceptable for only certain groups to proudly claim ethnic group membership. If similar tribal loyalties were publicly boasted by a white ethnic, that would be seen as sinister. Just imagine the reaction if a President Bush had identified -- on the basis of race -- with a victim of minority-on-white crime by saying, "Channon Christian looks like my daughters."

Identifying with an ethnic group as one's own "people" will lead in most cases to in-group favoritism. Cultural pride is one thing, but proclaiming exclusive ethnic group affiliation while occupying a position of public trust is another. This tendency is too often written off as a harmless cultural tic or a healthy form of therapeutic identity formation. The trouble is that there is a worldview lying beneath the "my people" language.

In his remarks, the attorney general has provided the most explicit statement of ethnic favoritism and racial grievance by a high public official in American history. And the racket has just begun: "When do people of color truly get the benefits to which they are entitled?" asks Holder. The question is rhetorical, and his constituents know the answer.

In this liberal, racialized conception of society, minority groups are supposedly not getting "benefits to which they are entitled." The danger in this attitude is not just that people are asking for free stuff from the government. The danger is that minority group members are made to believe that society is purposefully withholding benefits from them due to their racial group membership. Hence the resentment and latent animosity lurking at the core of the welfare state, and its ever-expanding legion of dependents.

This menacing fact was once openly recognized by sociologists. Decades ago, Edward C. Banfield wrote that urban social problems will increasingly come to be regarded as the fault of "callousness or neglect by the 'white power structure'" [2]. Just as expected, we now have a cult of anti-white resentment named Critical Race Theory being taught in law schools around the nation.

The constant use of physical metaphors like "white power structure" will guarantee that some people view themselves -- usually falsely -- as being intentionally excluded from that structure. Of course, structures comprise people, so real human beings will inevitably become targets of the resentment originally intended for abstract "power structures."

The victim mentality feeds off racial bitterness, which is constantly politicized and enflamed. We see this in the rhetoric of Congresswoman Frederica Wilson (D-Florida), who said that Trayvon Martin was "hunted down like a dog." The attorney general and president are doing their part to sow the seeds of bitterness, entitlement, and racial favoritism. By acknowledging those seeds, one begins to understand why racial double standards and potential violence are so easily stirred up amidst controversies such as the current one involving Trayvon Martin.

• ruthannhausman 2012/04/02 20:32:34
    ruthannhausman
    +19
    I'm sorry, I quit after reading, "When do people of color truly get the benefits to which they are entitled?"

People of color, people without color, nobody -- repeat, nobody -- is "entitled" to benefits. You are "entitled" to life (breathing), liberty (free United States) and the pursuit of happiness (pursuit does not imply automatic capture).

I make a motion that the word "entitlement" or "entitled" be thrown in the trash can, along with "racist" and a few other misused and overly abused terms.

Secondly, the Attorney General of the United States is supposed to be the representative of all American citizens, regardless of their race, color or creed. How can this man make any kind of fair or impartial judgment concerning the important duties he is supposed to be handling when he obviously harbors prejudiced feelings of his own? By his own words, out of his own mouth, this man has indicted himself as to his qualifications to run, let alone serve, as the Attorney General of the United States of America.

I say Holder must either resign now or have Congress "resign" him ASAP. We have enough troubles in our country right now without nitwits fanning the flames of racial unrest. Flames which are capable of sidetracking the attention of the American voters and assisting in the reelection efforts of you know who. God forbid.

• ur XLNC-PWCM 2012/04/07 16:38:34
    ur XLNC-PWCM
    +2
    What Eric Holder DESERVES is an event that is socially unacceptable to express. HIS views, which are consistent with his Bosses views, spell IMPLOSION and DOOM for this nation!
  • Yankee ... ur XLNC... 2012/04/07 17:55:41
    Yankee Traveler
    +2
    only unacceptable to express in an open forum, however I am on board with the same type of expression!!!
  • Walt 2012/04/07 15:26:38
    Walt
    +2
    An even measure of justice across the board, regardless of race is what is required from the DoJ. A racially-motivated AG is an AG who is incapable of doing his job.
  • Angela 2012/04/05 11:08:28
    Angela
    +1
    Boy oh boy, am I ever tired of this cacare per Holder and the rest of these progressive nazis. Hey Holder correct me if I'm wrong son, but hasn't 'reverse racism' gone on overdrive since the creation of your totalitarian utopia?? These minions speak out of both sides of their mouths, but recently they haven't even bothered to do that. This is all to sway a specific group, and they are really successful at it. Anyone that 'suffers' from liberal white guilt and/or discrimination (hello..we all have had some of this)...have bought and continue to buy into this lie. What (some of not all) these targeted areas do not understand however, is this is political game speak..once power is again gained and dominion re-established..these targeted are going to be in the same slave quarters as the rest of us.
  • Yankee ... Angela 2012/04/05 21:49:43
    Yankee Traveler
    +1
    But they all believe that they are the chosen ones therefore there is a special place for all of the good sheeple to roam freely
  • Angela Yankee ... 2012/04/06 13:55:27
    Angela
    +1
    Sad yes, but very true..
  • Yankee ... Angela 2012/04/07 11:45:50
    Yankee Traveler
    Hence all supporters of any stature think that they are all above and beyond the scope of what is real and what is not. Very few of the true elite will be left with their heads on their shoulders but will live out the rest of their lives on their knees.
  • Angela Yankee ... 2012/04/08 19:57:50
    Angela
    +1
    Ty!!..in time yes, and that is an extremely pleasant thought! : )
  • Murph 65 2012/04/03 17:15:26
    Murph 65
    +1
    Eric Holder is not the type of person we need as our chief defender of justice with his attitude, which he openly proclaims. Many have been screaming for "diversity" here in the US for many years. Diversity is fine, but the yell should have been for people of diverse cultures to come together and meld into one; therefore, no black-American, Indian-American, Mexican-American, Irish-American, muslim-American, etc. So screw diversity and hang onto American. The one good thing, as far as I'm concerned, that Jack Kennedy did was state: "Ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country."
    How about for a while we all believe ourselves to be Americans, put America first, and ourselves second.
  • seadog6608PWCM 2012/04/03 16:17:59
  • Sheila 2012/04/03 16:06:53
    Sheila
    I say to you today, my friends, so even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow, I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the American dream.

I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all men are created equal."

I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia the sons of former slaves and the sons of former slave owners will be able to sit down together at the table of brotherhood.

I have a dream that one day even the state of Mississippi, a state sweltering with the heat of injustice, sweltering with the heat of oppression, will be transformed into an oasis of freedom and justice.

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.

I have a dream today.

I have a dream that one day, down in Alabama, with its vicious racists, with its governor having his lips dripping with the words of interposition and nullification; one day right there in Alabama, little black boys and black girls will be able to join hands with little white boys and white girls as sisters and brothers.

I have a dream today. ----Dr Martin Luther King Jr

...

I have a dream today.

What happened to this man being followed? He was raised up for THESE words which are now no longer the "dream" of so many. What I personally see is more like this- "I have a dream that one day we the black people will be the slave owners instead of the slaves." No matter WHO is the oppressor and who is the oppressed if those 2 people exist the system is flawed.

What happened to his dream.......................
  • Sheila Sheila 2012/04/03 16:11:21
    Sheila
    I went yesterday to ask for help in collecting the court ordered child support that my children are due. One of hte questions on the forms was race. WHY??? I did not answer those questions. Not my race or the race of my children. This was at the DAs office. What difference does race make in LAW????
  • ScottyG - Faqueue 2012/04/03 15:38:52
    ScottyG - Faqueue
    +3
    Why is any one person or group of persons more entitled than any other? Why should any special dispensation for one person or group be the goal?

Why is the left so intent on division and not solidarity?

Because it keeps us all fighting and not uniting. This is the Obama way, divide and confuse.

I used to think was just a bad POTUS, now I think he's a twisted, habitual liar and egomaniac who isn't even thinking or cares about the average citizen.
  • Flowers 2012/04/03 14:29:59
    Flowers
    +3
    Really well written, I don't see any links to an outside source so I'm going to assume most of the writing was your own.

It Holder's mentality that I truly fear for our future. People continue to encourage racial divides in an effort to get unfair advantages and I feel it's deplorable. What ever happened to proving the 'hater' wrong? Working harder to achieve goals, despite obstacles that might be thrown in your path. THAT is what this country needs to get back to, not this disgusting entitlement for everyone non-white. The reverse racism has gotten out of hand, has ALLOWED to get so out of control for one very simple reason: White people have been afraid to speak up, fearing a "racist" label. You really can't effectively combat that label. Unfortunately, it's personal opinion and worse then -he said, she said- when trying to find out the truth of the issue.

The truly SAD part of this whole race war that our own politicians have started, is that in doing so actual instances of racial hate are disregarded because of the over-saturation we are currently dealing with. When people say they are treated differently because of the color of their skin, pulled over for no apparent reason or looked at in a rude way by strangers I simply give them that "yeah, right like that really h...

The truly SAD part of this whole race war that our own politicians have started, is that in doing so actual instances of racial hate are disregarded because of the over-saturation we are currently dealing with. When people say they are treated differently because of the color of their skin, pulled over for no apparent reason or looked at in a rude way by strangers I simply give them that "yeah, right like that really happens" look because it is so often claimed, and so often taken out of context. *Now* I am not saying racial discrimination DOESN'T happen, I'm just saying that often times people have a pre-existing disposition to seeing what they want to see.

I wish people would be treated based on their actions in life, not by the color of their skin.
  • JT For Political Reform 2012/04/03 13:46:21
  • Rore73 2012/04/03 13:03:40
    Rore73
    +4
    Holder should be removed from office and put in jail!
  • Seonag 2012/04/03 11:43:37
    Seonag
    +3
    In addition to Holder's remarks, I find Michelle Obama's statement that of the "I deserve" generation. I too grew up in the shadow of a major University (in fact 3) in Washington, DC. None of them played any 'meaningful' role in my education childhood, other than supplying student teachers on occasion. Not one of the three 'reached out to me' either. But, not once did I expect them to as they were busy educating their own students. Why should she expect them to do so? Because she was Black?

The benefits, Mr. Holder, are there. All one has to do is WORK for them - they are not given out for free. Oh, right, that's exactly what you and your socialist friends want! Take from those who have and give it to those who don't and are too self absorbed to get out there and work for it. As any legal immigrant (or even your illegal immigrant buddies) why they are here. Because this country is still the land of opportunity IF YOU ARE WILLING TO WORK. This is 2012, NOT 1972. Get rid of the "I deserve" attitude and get to work!
  • eliosc 2012/04/03 06:45:01
    eliosc
    +4
    Holder is just one of them. The most powerful black celebrities, included BHO, MO, Oprah, Basketball players, etc..., the list go on and on..., are in "revenge" with white people and other ethnics.

I remember back in 2009 when I was in a rally with the Tea Party. I was walking to my car, when there were a group of young black guys. One of them came to me and told me: "I don't know why are you complaining, you need to go back to work. It's time to pay back what your ancestors did to our race, don't complain and go back to work and pay your taxes on time, because I need to collect, because now, you work for us".

I was in shock, and my wife took my hand and asked me to walk. He then started yelling at the group and started laughing.
  • DavE 2012/04/03 05:53:45
    DavE
    +5
    Holder certainly is an enabler of Obama's continual distorted and dishonest politicization of race issues.
    +6
    Fire Holder now.
  • The River Rat 2012/04/03 03:06:57
    The River Rat
    +5
    Why would anybody expect anything different from this administration?
  • whitewulf--the unruly mobster 2012/04/03 03:03:38
  • Red_Horse 2012/04/03 02:34:47
  • KCurtis 2012/04/03 02:17:20
    KCurtis
    +6
    Can you say Reparations?
    I'm going to be ill that this scumbag is in the position he is. If that doesn't turn any level headed independent, moderate or conservative against everything the DNC is about; I sure don't know what will. Great Story Hollywood.
  • Red_Horse KCurtis 2012/04/03 02:36:42
  • whitewu... KCurtis 2012/04/03 03:05:02
  • Rodney 2012/04/03 01:20:55
    Rodney
    +9
    Eric is the biggest idiot to ever visit the DOJ. I will be so glad when all these racists and divisionists are gone.
  • Phyl *In God i Trust* 2012/04/02 23:21:23
  • AL Phyl *I... 2012/04/02 23:35:34
    AL
    +3
    It Oh ta wit the D.O.J.?
  • seadog6... AL 2012/04/03 16:04:39
  • Charu ∞ijm♥∞ 2012/04/02 23:11:17
    Charu ∞ijm♥∞
    +8
    No surprise here...he proved it straight from the beginning and the others are also frigging lying Socialists as well.
  • Theresa 2012/04/02 22:54:30
    Theresa
    +7
    This is just the beginning folks. The riots are going to happen this summer!
  • txDON'T... Theresa 2012/04/03 01:55:45 (edited)
    txDON'TMESSw/GOVRickPerry!
    +3
    Hi Theresa! Was cruisin' the new stuff and saw your post, it was just long enough to catch my eye, then I recall your name someway, as it's friendly and your state; (we're possibly friends already, didn't ck first ;o)

FEMALE GOVERNOR JANICE BREWER, who on the VIP tarmac took the man occupying the Oval Office, to someplace jus' short of, "don't think you can push me around" today Mr. President.
    She was compelled by some threat she perceived, to actually wag her finger at his chest and face and she was adamant about her position whatever it REALLY was.

I read some nervousness on her part. (**she knows as they all know that the documents on Mr.Obama have been vetted by a Cold Case Possee, found and established the provided documents were forged, therefore fraudulent making his occupation of our White House, unauthorized, un-vetted, un-Constitutional and illegal**.) So this Governor with a serious border problem is telling the MOOO that Arizona will uphold the Laws on Arizona's Constitution since the Feds refuse to stem the flow.

Our church remembers all the United States of America as we brace ourselves for the impacts that WILL COME TO PASS, for those who trust Him, love Him and worship His Way only.

America is on her knees...

AZ Gov Brewer with Obama on tarmac finger chest
  • whitewu... Theresa 2012/04/03 03:06:34
  • Theresa whitewu... 2012/04/03 03:34:39
    Theresa
    +1
    The Day of Hate is planned for Mid May. watch out for it.
  • txDON'T... whitewu... 2012/04/03 23:02:45 (edited)
    txDON'TMESSw/GOVRickPerry!
    REALLY??? Is that a definable moment? I mean do you expect protesters, civil unrest or citizens throwing roses?

Since you live there, what does the NATO Summit mean to your state? Or the city of Chicago?
    They ever do anything important in the State's capitol, Springfield?

Chicago

Ok, I should have read Theresa's comment below before asking my question. She answered the rose part! :D
  • Louisa - Enemy of the State 2012/04/02 22:31:46
    Louisa - Enemy of the State
    +4
    White power disappears once a 'white' person is in a minority situation. No matter what country I'm in, if I'm in the minority I feel not quite inferior, but just 'not with it'. Although I always enjoy myself, I'm more comfortable being back among my family and friends.

Is this abnormal? Since it's so common, I think it's a very normal feeling. But on the other hand, I really don't care because I am not unkind to those of another race, I'm friendly, respectful and often have very enjoyable experiences. What more can I do? What more do blacks want from people like me?

So what is being implied by Holder is that blacks are absolutely not racist, they are totally colorblind and they really enjoy white people. Yeah, right.
  • texasred 2012/04/02 22:27:59
    texasred
    +9
    Obama and Holder are taking this nation back 40 years for nothing more than revenge against people who didn't perpetrate crimes against people of color. Martin Luther King must be horrified at what these two men are doing to this nation that he loved.

Martin
  • U-Dog 2012/04/02 21:43:41
    U-Dog
    +4
    Holder said. "The question is not when does it end, but when does it begin[.] ... When do people of color truly get the benefits to which they are entitled?"

This is madness... we have got to get these nuts out of office. Blacks have been given more of a hand up than other group of sufferers in the history of the world and yet the nuts are acting as though they won't have enough or be satisfied until they have it all and all whites are in the gutter.
  • Walt U-Dog 2012/04/07 15:42:49
    Walt
    +2
    When anyone is given what they did not earn, they do not appreciate it. All of the entitlements are not a favor, since they weaken the recipients.

2014/09/03 02:56:46