Hillary Rosen says Ann Romney never worked a day in her life. Should she apologize?

Assassin~ Badass Buzz Guru 2012/04/12 13:33:29
"Guess what?" Rosen said. "His wife has actually never worked a day in
her life. She's never really dealt with the kinds of economic issues
that a majority of the women in this country are facing."

Immediately Obama Campaign Manager called on Rosen to apologize and said that family should be off limits saying this: I could not disagree with Hilary Rosen any more strongly. Her comments
were wrong and family should be off limits. She should apologize.

Hillary Rosen

Ignoring advice Rosen Doubled down on the Ann Romney insult: "I am raising children too," Rosen tweeted at Mrs. Romney. "But most
young American women HAVE to BOTH earn a living AND raise children. You
know that don't [you]?"

She also had this to say about the calls for her to apologize: Spare me the faux anger from the right who view the issue of women's
rights and advancement as a way to score political points. When it comes
to supporting policies that would actually help women, their silence
has been deafening. I don't need lectures from the RNC on supporting
women and fighting to increase opportunities for women; I've been doing
it my whole career. If they want to attack me and distract the public's
attention away from their nominee's woeful record, it just demonstrates
how much they just don't get it.

Ann Romney only made a single response: "I made a choice to stay home and raise five boys. Believe me, it was hard work."
ann Romney

My take on this is BAD FORM HILLARY ROSEN. Have you learned NO lessons from Hillary Clintons "Tammy wynette stand by your man" comment? The furor from that should've taught you a very big lesson. You were called on by your peers to apologize and I will go on record demanding that you do so. If women are lucky enough to be able to stay home and raise their children and they choose to do so, that is not a reason for ridicule. Also bear in mind that Mrs. Romney raised 5 children, while suffering from the debilitation disease known as Multiple Sclerosis, which attacks your central nervous system. I think she knows a little bit about what hard work is.

Read More: http://www.theverbalassassin.net/2012/04/12/hillar...

• ally 2012/04/12 13:52:55
    Yes she should apologize.
    ally
    +15
    This was uncalled for. Whether a woman stays at home to raise her family or works- it's her choice.

• Cat 1017 konalimu 2012/04/12 15:22:01 (edited)
    Cat 1017
    +1
    I find nothing wrong with empathy...Like the president empathized with the Martin family....But to try speaking for a demographic you have never been FULLY in....Is not rational , either...I empathize for women going thru difficult times, with no IDEA how they will get by...I empathize for Mrs. Romneys illness...But not for her speaking about something she doesn't fully know of, and speaking as IF she does.... she can keep it to herself...
  • konalimu Cat 1017 2012/04/12 18:23:38
    konalimu
    What empathy do you see from Obama while the meddle class is suffering???

Obama made the economic situation worse. He added $5 trillions to our national debt, more people are out of work, more houses are being foreclosed, more people on food stamps, more children/ women are in the homeless shelters, gas price double under his watch, and the bail out he gave to his friends and supporters failed to "trickle up" as he promissed!

And, why should Ann Romney give up her first amendment? Michelle didn't! Look at the First Lady and what she has been saying in campaign/fund raising events.
  • Cat 1017 konalimu 2012/04/12 18:36:47
    Cat 1017
    I don't know what the meddle class is...But a ruckus was made when the president empathized for the death of the Martin child in FL...He empathizes with working moms, cause he lived with his mother going thru hard times with little income for HC and livin on a single moms income when he was young...He empathizes for MANY issues JUST as ANN has....Don't let your politics blind you to truths many wish to claim otherwise...The economic situation was a problem when he took office and the Stimulus was enacted by Bush after Obama won the presidency...

Please don't hand me those same old talking points that will NEVER be resolved by 2 people that have little common grounds in politics..

Nobody told Ann to give up her 1st amendment right...By the same token, no one is going to sit back and allow her to speak for people she can't iden with or have experiential knowledge of...She seems like a sweet woman...But thats it...She can speak and PEOPLE can criticize her...
  • konalimu Cat 1017 2012/04/12 19:31:45
    konalimu
    How would President Obama "empathize" with the Martin family???
    Did Obama lost a son we don't know about??? Look up empathy vs sympathy and see the differences.

You have the right to not listening to Ann but you were attacking her right to speak her mind. Very much in line with the "intolerant leftists" remarks one sees every day.
  • idonia11 Cat 1017 2012/04/12 16:14:40
    idonia11
    Ann has worked at many organizations dealing with low income women and children and also been a volunteer instructor at an inner city girls school. She has used her time to help others less fortunate so she does understand where they are comng from. She has quite an impressive resume and has recieved some prestigious awards for her volunteerism. They are not as out of touch as some of you think. Many wealthy people are very involved in charities and giving back to their communities, they just don't go around bragging about it.
  • Cat 1017 idonia11 2012/04/12 17:49:46 (edited)
    Cat 1017
    Experiencing is sometimes the ONLY way you can fully understand...But I applaud her for being a contiencious citizen that is willing to AT LEAST get a birds eye view...Thats all well and good... Dear, but from comments made by both Romneys they STILL dont have a clue...UNLESS they are politicizing their acts of kindness to CLAIM they understand...and from watching Ann, I don't think thats HER nature....She is just doing what her husband bids her to do....Now , him, I think he is just the type to use those acts for political reasons...He flip flops too much to trust anything he says...He's out of tune with the public....I realize many wealthy are involved with charities and thats to be commended...But its not the same , sweetheart...
  • konalimu Cat 1017 2012/04/12 19:37:05
    konalimu
    Did you do any research or just spewing synapsis from what you heard from the media?
    Mitt and Ann gave up/donated their inharitance from his father to the church for programs that helped, women, poors and children.

Geesh, look it up!
  • Cat 1017 konalimu 2012/04/12 21:44:37
    Cat 1017
    And?...LOL...Didn't you read what I posted?....
  • konalimu Cat 1017 2012/04/12 22:07:25
    konalimu
    Where?
  • konalimu Assassi... 2012/04/12 15:09:55
    konalimu
    +1
    Well said!
  • Tinka123 Bella 2012/04/12 14:40:23
    Tinka123
    +3
    Do you have children, if I may ask? You don't have to answer if you don't want to.
  • Bella Tinka123 2012/04/12 14:42:32
  • Tinka123 Bella 2012/04/12 16:08:56 (edited)
    Tinka123
    +2
    And you can honestly say that anyone who claims raising children is hard work is a liar? I find that very hard to believe.
  • Flowers Bella 2012/04/12 14:41:40
    Flowers
    +1
    Your comments continue to amaze me Bella. And NOT in a good way. Mothers at home don't sit on their butt all day and watch daytime television eating bonbons. They take the kids to school, practice, events, play dates, birthday parties, they organize the house and plan parties of their own. They make breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Grocery shop, clothes shop, buy shampoo and vacuum cleaners. They pay the household bills, too. Some men help with these chores, some don't. Sure every mom is different, some don't do a great job but that doesn't mean "any stay at home mom that says its hard work is a liar" THAT statement was incredibly false. I think YOU don't understand the typical American woman.
  • Bella Flowers 2012/04/12 14:44:23
    Bella
    +2
    Don't tell me what a stay at home mom does, I was one for 19 years with 6 kids. If a stay at home mom says its hard work it's because she's bad at time management, and lazy.
  • Flowers Bella 2012/04/12 14:53:10
    Flowers
    +1
    it amazes me that you think everyone should be just like you.
  • Bella Flowers 2012/04/12 15:04:47
    Bella
    +2
    Where did I say that everyone should be like me? Working moms do exactly what stay at home moms do and hold down a job. Stay at home moms do not work hard. They may be busy (you name it one of my six did it) but they don't work hard, and it's fun very minute of it.
  • Flowers Bella 2012/04/12 15:07:00
    Flowers
    +1
    "If a stay at home mom says its hard work it's because she's bad at time management, and lazy." obviously you didn't feel it was hard work, and that's great. doesn't mean others don't.
  • Bella Flowers 2012/04/12 15:09:21
    Bella
    +2
    It's all reletive, that's true.
  • konalimu Bella 2012/04/12 15:16:44
    konalimu
    New name for you Bella, "judgemental queen"!!!
  • Bella konalimu 2012/04/12 15:29:26
    Bella
    Are you judging me...now that isn't nice
  • Cat 1017 Bella 2012/04/12 14:51:50
    Cat 1017
    I agree with every thing you said up to the point of stay at home moms statement...That is a hard job and its EVEN more difficult when you have to worry about finances, which she has NO knowledge of... Mrs. Romney set herself up for the ridicule from the public....and she should be ridiculed...Would this be how Romney is going to make choices on serious matters?...Or did he choose her thinking no one would challenge her cause she is his spouse of a nominee?...thinking they are off limits... If that was his strategy, BAD move...
  • Bella Cat 1017 2012/04/12 15:08:21
    Bella
    +1
    Sorry, but as a stay at home mom for 19 years and a working mom with 6 kids I can say that staying at home isn't hard, it's just busy. If one doesn't manage time well you can get behind and overwhelmed but it's easy to catch up. Point is, a millionaire's wife's life experiences are irrelevant to working moms.
  • Cat 1017 Bella 2012/04/12 15:15:16
    Cat 1017
    +1
    I agree on the last point...I was a stay at home mom for a short time, it has difficult moments...But I enjoyed it for the most part, except concerns on finances...I've experienced it both ways...
  • Mike Bella 2012/04/12 15:09:48
  • Bella Mike 2012/04/12 15:13:19
    Bella
    I guess personal attacks is what makes you feel better. LOL
  • Mike Bella 2012/04/12 15:14:03
    Stupid is as stupid does
  • mich52 Bella 2012/04/12 15:15:32
  • tommyg ... Bella 2012/04/12 15:29:57
    tommyg - POTL- PWCM-JLA
    Lost a lot of respect for you with that last line. My wife is a stay at home mom and she works her ass off.
  • Assassi... tommyg ... 2012/04/12 15:31:13
    Assassin~ Badass Buzz Guru
    +2
    I believe that if being a stay at home mom is easy you are doing it very wrong.
  • tommyg ... Assassi... 2012/04/12 15:34:31
    tommyg - POTL- PWCM-JLA
    +1
    Agreed. I think this person is just trying to stir things up. No one should be that callous.
  • Bella tommyg ... 2012/04/12 15:34:34
    Bella
    Then she's lying to you. LOL. Don't need respect from someone so easily fooled. I raised 6 kids and did volunteer work in addition to taking my kids to all their organizations. I was busy but it was always fun and never work. I'd never consider my kids work.
  • tommyg ... Bella 2012/04/12 15:36:12
    tommyg - POTL- PWCM-JLA
    +2
    You are the one Saint here on sh.

Congratulations. (sarcasm alert)
  • Assassi... tommyg ... 2012/04/12 15:49:02
  • oldlady 2012/04/12 14:21:47
    Yes she should apologize.
    oldlady
    +3
    Not cool, a mother at home tends to work harder with longer hours unless she can afford outside help :/
  • Cat 1017 oldlady 2012/04/12 14:58:30 (edited)
    Cat 1017
    +2
    Which Mrs. Romney could...and probably did hire help....
  • oldlady Cat 1017 2012/04/12 19:59:29
    oldlady
    I get this so I don't want someone who has lived a life being waited upon by others as a First Lady. I can't relate to her and she can't relate to me!
  • Assassi... oldlady 2012/04/12 20:40:05
    Assassin~ Badass Buzz Guru
    You don't think anyone who has never experienced something can have concern or care for the people who have? Have you ever been a slave? If not then you can't feel anything for their plight. Have you ever lost someone in a plane crash? Don't feel bad for them you can't understand it. Have you ever been homeless? Maybe you have, I have no idea, but saying that you mustve lived something to be sympathetic to it... is silly.
  • Andjella ObeyYMCMB 2012/04/12 14:20:28
    Yes she should apologize.
    Andjella  ObeyYMCMB
    +2
    Whether Is It Right or Wrong , if It hurts Ann Romney, Hillary Rosen owns an apology.
  • Assassi... Andjell... 2012/04/12 14:37:34
    Assassin~ Badass Buzz Guru
    +2
    I agree.

2014/07/31 03:28:48