Hillary Rosen says Ann Romney never worked a day in her life. Should she apologize?

Assassin~ Badass Buzz Guru 2012/04/12 13:33:29
"Guess what?" Rosen said. "His wife has actually never worked a day in
her life. She's never really dealt with the kinds of economic issues
that a majority of the women in this country are facing."

Immediately Obama Campaign Manager called on Rosen to apologize and said that family should be off limits saying this: I could not disagree with Hilary Rosen any more strongly. Her comments
were wrong and family should be off limits. She should apologize.

Hillary Rosen

Ignoring advice Rosen Doubled down on the Ann Romney insult: "I am raising children too," Rosen tweeted at Mrs. Romney. "But most
young American women HAVE to BOTH earn a living AND raise children. You
know that don't [you]?"

She also had this to say about the calls for her to apologize: Spare me the faux anger from the right who view the issue of women's
rights and advancement as a way to score political points. When it comes
to supporting policies that would actually help women, their silence
has been deafening. I don't need lectures from the RNC on supporting
women and fighting to increase opportunities for women; I've been doing
it my whole career. If they want to attack me and distract the public's
attention away from their nominee's woeful record, it just demonstrates
how much they just don't get it.

Ann Romney only made a single response: "I made a choice to stay home and raise five boys. Believe me, it was hard work."
ann Romney

My take on this is BAD FORM HILLARY ROSEN. Have you learned NO lessons from Hillary Clintons "Tammy wynette stand by your man" comment? The furor from that should've taught you a very big lesson. You were called on by your peers to apologize and I will go on record demanding that you do so. If women are lucky enough to be able to stay home and raise their children and they choose to do so, that is not a reason for ridicule. Also bear in mind that Mrs. Romney raised 5 children, while suffering from the debilitation disease known as Multiple Sclerosis, which attacks your central nervous system. I think she knows a little bit about what hard work is.

Read More: http://www.theverbalassassin.net/2012/04/12/hillar...

• ally 2012/04/12 13:52:55
    Yes she should apologize.
    ally
    +15
    This was uncalled for. Whether a woman stays at home to raise her family or works- it's her choice.

• Assassi... Rogue_L... 2012/04/12 20:41:35
    Assassin~ Badass Buzz Guru
    +2
    BTW it took Rush days plus the loss of about 40 sponsors before he did. don't break your arm patting him on the back.
  • Rogue_L... Assassi... 2012/04/12 20:46:32
  • Assassi... Rogue_L... 2012/04/12 20:53:05
    Assassin~ Badass Buzz Guru
    +2
    ""I apologize to Ann Romney and anyone else who was offended," Rosen wrote. "As a pundit, I know my words on CNN last night were poorly chosen.""

She didn't have to lose sponsors to do it either. AND she did it in less time. whithout saying the republicans made me do it.
  • Rogue_L... Assassi... 2012/04/12 21:07:13
  • Assassi... Rogue_L... 2012/04/12 21:10:50
  • Rogue_L... Assassi... 2012/04/12 21:13:01
  • chicago 2012/04/12 19:33:29
    Yes she should apologize.
    chicago
    +3
    Well let's see, how did Obama campaign manger Jim Messina respond? “I could not disagree with Hilary Rosen any more strongly. Her comments were wrong and family should be off limits. She should apologize."

Maybe David Axelrod? “Also Disappointed in Hilary Rosen’s comments about Ann Romney. They were inappropriate and offensive,"

Heck, I'll gladly state my opinion that Rosen is a twit and a superficial intellect.
  • Assassi... chicago 2012/04/12 19:39:19
    Assassin~ Badass Buzz Guru
    +2
    Yeah I agree.
  • Maci 2012/04/12 19:22:02
  • Assassi... Maci 2012/04/12 19:39:40
    Assassin~ Badass Buzz Guru
    +2
    Your hate is an embarassment to real liberals.
  • heirsof... Maci 2012/04/12 20:43:14
    heirsoftheking
    +1
    I don't know any conservatives that have fat, slobbering housewives. Get out of your meth lab! meth lab
  • gvc Maci 2012/04/12 20:51:21
    gvc
    You are such a troll. Do you ever shut up?
  • paul 2012/04/12 19:20:14
    Yes she should apologize.
    paul
    +1
    Leave it to the Democrats to pull this crap. They comment on the amount of Obesity that is taking place with kids in this country with out thinking of some of the reasons as to of why before they open up their own mouths.. It was the Democrats that waved the banner for women's rights to work. Now that most family's have two working parents, children today aren't getting the love and attention that they need. Now we have to listen to a Hillary Rosen bash a woman who is contributing to our future society by raising children. How dare Ann Romney not rely on the screwed up nanny state the commie Democrats are pushing for.
  • Doreen 2012/04/12 19:05:10
    Yes she should apologize.
    Doreen
    +1
    Stay at home moms have the hardest job out there. The spouse goes to work comes home and that is it. A stay at home mom has a 24/7 365 work schedule for at least eighteen years. There are some spouses who come home and continue to work by doing their share in the household making their job also as long as hers but most just go to work and come home and rest.
  • Tennessee3501 2012/04/12 18:56:51
    Yes she should apologize.
    Tennessee3501
    +2
    The White House and its designated hatchet woman Hillary Rosen have shown their real attitudes about women by suggesting that women who stay at home and take care of their children are lazy and have do not have to do any work. They further suggest that Ann Romney and "stay at home moms" do not have any valid opinions on economic issues and do not understand the struggles that women go through every day. Anne Romney, who has suffered from Multiple Sclerosis and Breast cancer, has raised 5 children and has been a homemaker, but apparantly the Democrats think she is too stupid and lazy to have her views be respected by anybody. The liberal Democrats have declared war on women! Hillary Rosen has become the Reverend Jeremiah Wright of 2012! Congratulations, Mr. President! You sure know how to associate with the right people. When can we expect to hear from Bill Ayers?
  • Assassi... Tenness... 2012/04/12 19:16:00
    Assassin~ Badass Buzz Guru
    +1
    She is not employed by the Obama campaign.
  • Tenness... Assassi... 2012/04/13 05:13:32
    Tennessee3501
    She has been their mouthpiece on CNN for 4 years, She has been a guest at the White House 35 times. General Petraeus has only been there 9 times. She is a business partner with a former White House official (I bellieve Susan Rice) and "all the President's men" and women send them plenty of business.
  • johnc 2012/04/12 18:50:22
    Yes she should apologize.
    johnc
    +1
    A LWNJ apologize, now that's funny.

She doubled down a couple of times and that blew up in her face, now she is opologizing and noone is listening.

Looks like another duffus stepped in the dog poop, but keeps walking around barefoot.
  • santa6642 2012/04/12 18:49:02
    Yes she should apologize.
    santa6642
    +1
    She is a Ass hole from head to toe.
  • relic 2012/04/12 18:33:59
    Yes she should apologize.
    relic
    +1
    She was part of the "sluts need birth control" movement with Anita Dunn.
    Get rid both of them.
  • VC 2012/04/12 18:32:51
    No way, she shouldn't.
    VC
    noway I want I more democrates to say dumb things maybe more people will wise up to what they really stand for!!
  • JJ 2012/04/12 18:19:07
    Yes she should apologize.
    JJ
    +1
    By all means she should apologize. There are a lot of women that don't work and stay home to raise their children. This is just a ploy to get women upset over Ann Romney and think that Obama is the best...They are going to do all they can to try and sway everyone,especially women to vote for Obama. And by the way, why are they going to send our votes to Spain to be counted...is this also a ploy to sneak in or take out numbers? Hmmmm...just wondering.
  • lauren dull 2012/04/12 18:11:09
    No way, she shouldn't.
    lauren dull
    +1
    She said it, she meant it. Who wants a forced apology ?? She is just jealous of Ann Romney, because she HAD to work not to mention and she is a fat ugly old looking women . Ann is quite pretty and physically fit. Not a Slob.
  • Assassi... lauren ... 2012/04/12 19:17:58
    Assassin~ Badass Buzz Guru
    ugh.
  • lauren ... Assassi... 2012/04/12 23:42:51
    lauren dull
    ???????
  • JT For Political Reform 2012/04/12 17:59:01
    Yes she should apologize.
    JT For Political Reform
    +1
    Maybe if politicians who seem to just fill their pockets with our money and don't have to live off of anything but our money would make it so more moms or dads could afford stay home while one or the other worked, we would have kids that actually towed the line and learned in school, were respectful of others and would stay out of trouble. I grew up in a period where most moms were home while dad was making a living, us kids couldn't get away with as much when you were actually being parented instead of babysat.
  • GLaDOS 2012/04/12 17:58:18
    Yes she should apologize.
    GLaDOS
    +2
    A stay-at-home mother never works? Really? I'm sure there's a whole slew of them who would like to say otherwise... not just Mrs. Romney.
  • JT For ... GLaDOS 2012/04/12 18:02:57
    JT For Political Reform
    +1
    I guess this Hillary Rosen never raised a family. Since when is it not a job to raise children?
  • GLaDOS JT For ... 2012/04/12 18:06:44
    GLaDOS
    Good question.
  • lauren ... JT For ... 2012/04/12 18:14:32
  • gldynmd BTO-t-BCRA-F 2012/04/12 17:56:11
    Yes she should apologize.
    gldynmd BTO-t-BCRA-F
    +4
    More liberal BS. Stay at home mothers have the hardest jobs in the world and the most honorable ones.
  • JT For ... gldynmd... 2012/04/12 18:03:14
    JT For Political Reform
    +1
    I agree.
  • lauren ... gldynmd... 2012/04/12 18:14:55
    lauren dull
    +1
    Thank You!!!!
  • Rusty Shackleford 2012/04/12 17:47:30
    No way, she shouldn't.
    Rusty Shackleford
    +2
    She's a democrat, they don't apologize for their political attacks, ever.
  • Assassi... Rusty S... 2012/04/12 17:47:59
    Assassin~ Badass Buzz Guru
    +1
    She should.
  • Rusty S... Assassi... 2012/04/12 17:51:41
    Rusty Shackleford
    If a democrat ever actually admitted that they were wrong and apologized for something, I would be afraid of a rip in the space-time continuum that could destroy everything we know.
  • JT For ... Rusty S... 2012/04/12 18:03:54
    JT For Political Reform
    +1
    Just wait there will be a liberal spinning this on the conservatives.
  • lester1 2012/04/12 17:46:03
    Yes she should apologize.
    lester1
    +1
    Really! the democrats are now declaring war on stay-at-home moms. Brilliant move.

I’m sure Ann Romney would be a hero to the libs if she played the part as a community organize, have dinner parties with bomb-making terrorists and racist preachers, and live off the taxpayer’s dime?
  • Marvelous Wildfire 2012/04/12 17:32:49
    Yes she should apologize.
    Marvelous Wildfire
    +5
    Ann Romney is a woman.
    Did Rosen badmouth Obama?
    He's never worked a day in his life either.
  • gldynmd... Marvelo... 2012/04/12 17:53:31
    gldynmd BTO-t-BCRA-F
    +1
    Hello!

2014/11/24 14:10:29