Hillary Rosen says Ann Romney never worked a day in her life. Should she apologize?

Assassin~ Badass Buzz Guru 2012/04/12 13:33:29
"Guess what?" Rosen said. "His wife has actually never worked a day in
her life. She's never really dealt with the kinds of economic issues
that a majority of the women in this country are facing."

Immediately Obama Campaign Manager called on Rosen to apologize and said that family should be off limits saying this: I could not disagree with Hilary Rosen any more strongly. Her comments
were wrong and family should be off limits. She should apologize.

Hillary Rosen

Ignoring advice Rosen Doubled down on the Ann Romney insult: "I am raising children too," Rosen tweeted at Mrs. Romney. "But most
young American women HAVE to BOTH earn a living AND raise children. You
know that don't [you]?"

She also had this to say about the calls for her to apologize: Spare me the faux anger from the right who view the issue of women's
rights and advancement as a way to score political points. When it comes
to supporting policies that would actually help women, their silence
has been deafening. I don't need lectures from the RNC on supporting
women and fighting to increase opportunities for women; I've been doing
it my whole career. If they want to attack me and distract the public's
attention away from their nominee's woeful record, it just demonstrates
how much they just don't get it.

Ann Romney only made a single response: "I made a choice to stay home and raise five boys. Believe me, it was hard work."
ann Romney

My take on this is BAD FORM HILLARY ROSEN. Have you learned NO lessons from Hillary Clintons "Tammy wynette stand by your man" comment? The furor from that should've taught you a very big lesson. You were called on by your peers to apologize and I will go on record demanding that you do so. If women are lucky enough to be able to stay home and raise their children and they choose to do so, that is not a reason for ridicule. Also bear in mind that Mrs. Romney raised 5 children, while suffering from the debilitation disease known as Multiple Sclerosis, which attacks your central nervous system. I think she knows a little bit about what hard work is.

Read More: http://www.theverbalassassin.net/2012/04/12/hillar...

• ally 2012/04/12 13:52:55
    Yes she should apologize.
    ally
    +15
    This was uncalled for. Whether a woman stays at home to raise her family or works- it's her choice.

• littlebuffalo55TBA 2012/05/12 05:28:44
    Yes she should apologize.
    littlebuffalo55TBA
    I get SO confused! Is Ann Romney running for an elected position?
  • Jrogers 2012/04/19 21:56:53
    No way, she shouldn't.
    Jrogers
    She cannot relate to what the rest of the country goes through most days of the week. Working on weekends - holidays - etc. Getting up at dawn - feeding the kids breakfast and getting them ready for school and then getting yourself ready for work - loading the kids up and dropping them off at the sitters before school and making it to work on time to do it all again.....Romney and his wife simply cannot relate to the common American wife and mother who has no choice but to hit the ground runnning at dawn and keep running well into the evening.
  • Ozzyboy 2012/04/13 15:20:41
    Yes she should apologize.
    Ozzyboy
    +1
    Typical snotty liberal condescending attitude. Working with one child is a challenge, two children is difficult, with three children it is just insane. The duties of taking care of children, budget, cooking, transporting children.... The list is endless and mostly unappreciated as Rosen proves. What is more valuable? A paycheck or 5 great, responsible adults raised to be do by loving caring parents? Anne Romney put her family above herself and did an excellent job of it. Rosen doesn't get it. It is much harder to "work" raising a family, with no pay or appreciation than it is to shoot off her mouth, and get paid for being ibnoxious
  • cate 2012/04/13 13:46:22
    Yes she should apologize.
    cate
    +1
    Raising five boys, with nannies or without, is a job. Ann Romney worked. Hilary Rosen was wrong. She should apologize and life should move on.
  • John "By God" American 2012/04/13 11:23:02
    Yes she should apologize.
    John "By God" American
    +1
    She's obviously jealous of Ann Romney.
  • gaylehelen 2012/04/13 11:14:18
    Yes she should apologize.
    gaylehelen
    +1
    Yes, I think she should apologize. Even with all that money, she opted to do it herself. She didn't have nannies for the kids or send them off to school, but chose to stay home and do it herself.
    I think most women would like the opportunity to stay home. There's definitely a pulling factor. I wanted both, career and mom of the year. I had to work, but am glad I did. I admit there were times I wish I could just stay home, but then my husband starting getting laid off a lot and usually was home 2-3 days a week. It was great for me. He did everything for me. I often worked late and dinner would be ready, homework done, etc. I had it made those days.
    Glad they grown now!
  • POWERSHAKER 2012/04/13 10:12:12
  • Singerar 2012/04/13 07:17:01
    No way, she shouldn't.
    Singerar
  • **StarzAbove** 2012/04/13 01:27:28
    No way, she shouldn't.
    **StarzAbove**
    I doubt she has ever held a job in her life. If anyone knows where she worked or what she did, please enlighten us all.
  • Lanikai **Starz... 2012/04/17 16:34:56
    So, the housekeeping, laundry, food preparation, schooling, activities, church, and over all home and family maintenance is NOT what you call a job?

AND, I don't see or hear of those same liberal DEMS taking on the slaggards who CHOSE to be on welfare and call themselves stay at home moms. How is that FAIR?? Anne married well enough to be able to stay home with hers, and she never expected the TAXPAYERS to support her.
  • **Starz... Lanikai 2012/04/17 17:13:43
    **StarzAbove**
    +1
    The point is she never had to do the laundry, food preparation, schooling, church activites and over all family mainteance. She had enough money to hire it done. Those things are work but she never had to do any of that. I don't begrudge her the money, but don't say that she had an easy life. Because that's just not true. And she has no idea how the rest of us live.
  • Lanikai **Starz... 2012/04/17 17:18:11
    Sure she does. Are you assuming she doesn't understand that budgets are tight for most families? i don't have to be in a third world country to understand those hardships. i don't have to have been a pregnant teen to understand the difficulty of the choices they have to make.

This is as bad as assuming that ONLY women who work can understand all of the things involved in working and managing a house. ALL women understand that work load, so she had a valid point.
  • **Starz... Lanikai 2012/04/17 17:46:08
    **StarzAbove**
    She's probably never been on a budget in her life, probably never shopped for groceries in her life. She hasn't a clue as to how the average american woman lives, and you know it. You just want to pick a fight. Not going there.

Have a good day.
  • Lanikai **Starz... 2012/04/17 17:58:08
    I bet she has done all of those things, and lived on a budget.
  • **Starz... Lanikai 2012/04/17 18:08:36
    **StarzAbove**
    A budget, you're joking, aren't you? lol lol Millionaires don't live on budgets, my dear, as you well know.
  • Radical 1s1am1st 2012/04/13 00:59:25
    No way, she shouldn't.
    Radical 1s1am1st
    +1
    No, She was correct with her statement.
  • Bob 2012/04/13 00:49:24
    No way, she shouldn't.
    Bob
    +1
    Her opinion.
  • john richardson 2012/04/13 00:39:43 (edited)
    Yes she should apologize.
    john richardson
    +1
    Liberals apologize but they're seldom sincere so why even do it I guess I should have voted no
  • Azrael-In GOD we trust 2012/04/12 23:46:24
    Yes she should apologize.
    Azrael-In GOD we trust
    +1
    She apologized but it didn't appear sincere, in my opinion. She probably was threatened to being fired, if the truth were known. I really don't care-I'm sure Ann Romney "considered the source" like we have to many times in life.
  • bumblebuttboogi 2012/04/12 23:06:20
    Yes she should apologize.
    bumblebuttboogi
    +2
    This woman is reprehensible. She needs to resign and move to Cuba.
  • Dan 2012/04/12 22:58:17
    No way, she shouldn't.
    Dan
    +1
    OOPS! I meant "yes".
  • A Founding Father 2012/04/12 22:51:03
    No way, she shouldn't.
    A Founding Father
    +1
    Unless Mrs. Romney can describe where she gained the experiences of earning a living, paying the rent, buying the groceries with a limited budget, and doing the things that 95% of all the females in America must do, she can't really claim to know what life is all about. Neither can her husband, who was born to wealth and the backrooms of power, and has, essentially, also not worked a day in his life except to be the "boss" over his inherited money and occupy an "executive position" where rich boys are given a title and a large salary in exchange for their "star appeal" and ability to open doors to donations. These are two more fakes offered up by the Republican Party as "real Americans", like the male offspring of George Bush and the employee of Walter Annenberg, the actor. Abe Lincolns, they aren't. These charades have cost the "real Americans" more than $20Trillion in lost assets and savings that were moved up to the "Top 2% Club". Time to "Just say no" to any more of this pillage and plunder.
  • Giantfighter 2012/04/12 22:28:32
    No way, she shouldn't.
    Giantfighter
    +1
    Why should she apologize for stating a fact, even if it shouldn't make a difference.
  • Assassi... Giantfi... 2012/04/12 22:29:10
    Assassin~ Badass Buzz Guru
    +3
    You don't think taking care of 5 children is working?
  • Giantfi... Assassi... 2012/04/14 01:02:11
    Giantfighter
    Not if they hire nannies & governesses
  • Jrogers Giantfi... 2012/04/19 21:59:39
    Jrogers
    +1
    Good point
  • Lanikai Giantfi... 2012/04/17 16:36:39
    So, a mom who was able to stay home and care for her kids is not allowed to have an opinion on the economy and it's importance to most women?

Funny, cause the welfare slags who stay at home on the taxpayer dime CERTAINLY have no problem being interviewed on camera about THEIR economic concerns.
  • Giantfi... Lanikai 2012/04/17 20:08:59
    Giantfighter
    Missing my point! Just because a woman is a stay at home mom, doesn't mean she's lazy or a hard worker! If a woman has loads of money & pays someone to take care of her household or children is no better than a lazy woman with no other income to talke care of business. However, your point is moot if the welfare mom stays at home to keep house & take care of her children with love. There are many aspects & circumstances for someone to never work...maybe she's lazy, handicapped, unable to find employment in this economy or rich. I try not to judge, but knowing that Ann Romney never worked because she never had to, because she's always been taken care of, I just don't think it's a big deal that someone would voice the truth. I do think it was unneccesary to focus on her when it's her husband who is running for office, unless Ann was running, then I would have issues with someone with no experience in office.
  • Kat 2012/04/12 22:11:58
    Yes she should apologize.
    Kat
    +3
    Ignorant bitch
  • Ira 2012/04/12 21:01:50
    Yes she should apologize.
    Ira
    +1
    If her intent was to slight her for being a housewife and mother to her children, yes. But if it was to simply point out that she does not understand what it means to HAVE TO WORK AND EARN money to cover expenses, then not really. She did seem to offer a slight to Mrs. Romney. At least this is how the cons take it.
  • Assassi... Ira 2012/04/12 21:09:36
    Assassin~ Badass Buzz Guru
    +4
    So you can never know anything about something you didn't experience? Like for example you can't feel bad for the plight of the slaves because you were never a slave? Or you can't sympathize with the victims of 9/11 cause you didn't die in it?
  • Ira Assassi... 2012/04/13 00:39:07
    Ira
    Sympathy is one thing. It goes well with tea. Empathy? Thats an understanding stemming from actual identification through shared experience. Understanding problems exist and require means to address is not the same as having experienced these very issues personally. You can not learn to ski by reading a book. But I do understand where you are coming from.
  • gvc 2012/04/12 20:48:40
    Yes she should apologize.
    gvc
    +4
    Yes apologize, and then keep her big fat mouth shut for a change!
  • Steve Johnson 2012/04/12 20:43:27
    Yes she should apologize.
    Steve Johnson
    +2
    She did:

""I apologize to Ann Romney and anyone else who was offended," Rosen wrote. "As a pundit, I know my words on CNN last night were poorly chosen.""

But from someone like her, the apology wasn't sincere. Rosen is upset by the reaction that her remarks caused. She couldn't give a damn about Romney.
  • heirsoftheking 2012/04/12 20:39:13 (edited)
    Yes she should apologize.
    heirsoftheking
    +2
    She should apologize. But she probably won't.
  • Opinionated-Conservative 2012/04/12 20:37:18
    Yes she should apologize.
    Opinionated-Conservative
    +4
    I am sure that being a stay at home Mom is much more stressful and more difficult than most of what she would have encountered in the public workforce. She should be admired not insulted.
  • rhstarr Opinion... 2012/04/12 20:59:32
    rhstarr
    +4
    Being a stay at home mom IS more stressful than her job. I am a stay at home mom and I do it all. I drive, cook, help with home work, clean, cheer my kids on, im there when they have a bad day, do the shopping, and not to metion I handle the bills. Stay at home moms live where they work sometimes they work from ealry mornings to late nights. Believe I have gone a whole day on 2 hours sleep because two of my kids were sick at the same time. She probly has someone take care of her kids, and clean her house. The nanny may know more about her kids then she does. I would love to work but seeing I get to be there for me kids that is more joyful than anything else.
  • Rogue_Loner 2012/04/12 20:14:01
  • Assassi... Rogue_L... 2012/04/12 20:36:36
    Assassin~ Badass Buzz Guru
    +3
    I see more liberals on here condemning Ms. Rosen than conservatives condemning Mr. Limbaugh.
  • Rogue_L... Assassi... 2012/04/12 20:40:31

2014/10/24 08:35:24