Hey Obama, killing Osama Bin Laden was a no brainer even Jimmy Carter would of ordered the hit.

Blackjack 2012/04/30 21:18:30

• carolynb 2012/04/30 21:54:28
    disagree, explain
    carolynb
    +8
    If the team would have been killed or botched the job and got captured, Obama would have never lived it down. Get real folks, This is a big f***ng deal!!

• RepubDirtyTrick 2012/08/18 16:00:03
    other, I think this
    RepubDirtyTrick
    Hey dumb ass CONservatives. Bush DISBANDED the unit looking for Bin Laden in 2005 and Obama put it back on the table. Thanks for proving again that CONS are whiny, un-American, morons who lack the maturity to actually function in the type of free society they pretend to love... and their fat, fast-food-stuffed, asses sit silently glued to Faux News (proven to make you stupider than those who watch NO NEWS AT ALL) awaiting orders to cheer your own demise... longing for an authoritarian daddy to save you from all the "others" you inherently fear.
  • sdaneault 2012/05/03 03:36:04 (edited)
    agree, explain
    sdaneault
    It is such a no brainer that I actually believed it was done during the Bush administration and was put on ice and told a what gleaming moment should we roll him out.... Here's why... go to http://www.infowars.com/red-a...
  • rknothead 2012/05/02 17:37:01
    agree, explain
    rknothead
    Well, saying Jimmy Carter would do it might be a stretch, but to hear Obama talk, you'd think he really had to ponder the decision....WTF?? He's #1 one wanted man on our list...what's to ponder...Green Light, go get him and shot to kill. Good Job Navy Seals!!
  • cddjmikey 2012/05/01 22:21:42
    agree, explain
    cddjmikey
    If the info was leaked that ANY president knew where he was and did nothing after 9/11 I believe they would be impeached by the end of the day it leaked !
  • ☆ QueenAline 2012/05/01 20:24:06
    agree, explain
    ☆ QueenAline
    +2
    I don't need to explain....ANY president would have called the same call....Even a brainless Jimmy Carter
  • gfreeman BN-0 2012/05/01 15:56:41 (edited)
    other, I think this
    gfreeman BN-0
    It would be too big of a job for Flip flop Mitt Mopp, he wouldn't take out any high value targets in Pakistan. Are we forgetting 2008 already?
  • Philo® ~PWCM~JLA ✩ 2012/05/01 15:10:37
    agree, explain
    Philo® ~PWCM~JLA ✩
  • D D 2012/05/01 03:58:57
    agree, explain
    D D
    +2
    If it is true that Osama was found and hit, any president would have said to do it. He knew it would be a great score for him.
  • JP 2012/05/01 02:33:39
    agree, explain
    JP
    +2
    Easy call.
  • Jesse James 2012/05/01 02:12:50
    other, I think this
    Jesse James
    If killing Bin Laden was a no brainer, then it should have been easy for Bush to get him........hummmmmm your statement was actually disproved before you even said it.
  • D D Jesse J... 2012/05/01 03:41:46
    D D
    +2
    That is not true. It took a lot of work to find him, work done under Bush.
  • Jesse J... D D 2012/05/02 17:35:11 (edited)
    Jesse James
    My point was that no brainer Bush should have found him if it was a no brainer. Obviously not having any brains couldn't get the job done until someone with intelligence came in and changed the focus from Iraq back to Afghanistan.
    It was a lot of unnecessary work and wasted resources pounding a country to shreds, when they had no WMD or responsibility for 911. This is they type of incompetent leadership we get when we have republicans in office. Not to mention the scores of American lives lost revenging the lost lives of 4000 during 911.
  • D D Jesse J... 2012/05/02 21:59:01
    D D
    It is not about Carter is so dumb he could do it, as in find him. The no brainier means if you had the chance to kill him it is a no brainer to say yes, do it.
  • seattleman 2012/05/01 01:55:20 (edited)
    other, I think this
    seattleman
    As the article stated; Jimmy Carter did order a mission that was similar, back in 1980. It failed. This sealed Carter's (election) fate. It's a no brainer that if this mission in Pakistan had failed like Carter's 1980 mission, it would have sealed Obama's (election) fate. The president deserves credit. As Commander-in-chief, he is the only one who can make this decision.
  • keith hernandez 2012/05/01 01:36:44
    agree, explain
    keith hernandez
  • CHUCK - Liberal in Seattle 2012/05/01 00:27:45
    disagree, explain
    CHUCK - Liberal in Seattle
    +2
    Carter would, Romney already said he didn't want to waste time getting one person! Obama put his job on the line, Corporate elite wouldn't do that!

decision

Had Obama failed, the Repugnants would be dancing in the street!
  • Steve 2012/04/30 23:17:45
    disagree, explain
    Steve
    +4
    Obama did, indeed, exert leadership in this matter. First, he re-established the task force focusing on bin Laden's capture, after Bush had disbanded it. That is, Obama decided to make the matter a high priority.

Second, Obama could have ordered a missile strike instead of a special ops mission. A missile strike, however, would have prevented certainty about the success of the mission. But a special ops strike put our troops' lives in jeopardy, and a failed operation would have torpedoed Obama's Presidency. Obama made the tough, courageous, and correct call.
  • DS in Oak Ridge NC 2012/04/30 23:02:06
    agree, explain
    DS in Oak Ridge NC
    +5
    It was a no-brainer... once solid intel had a likely site identified and our target was confirmed on-site. Only a fool would not have tried. During the Bush years, teams of CIA and NSA tried to place OBL, but were not able to since he was constantly on the move, did not carry a cell or sat phone, and used human couriers to send and receive messages and videos. Years passed before the golden opportunity presented itself. It was the duty of the CIC to support military actions to rid the planet of OBL... it was NOT the boldest move in 500 years... which would imply that green-lighting the military plan was bolder than the Normandy invasion or dozens of similarly bold moves our Military performed.
  • CHUCK -... DS in O... 2012/05/01 00:37:48
    CHUCK - Liberal in Seattle
    +2
    Don't think it was a no brainer when your milatary and vice president was against it. He made the call!

Still, the interesting thing about President Clinton's commentary was not how partisan but how ironic it was. Because of the last eight men who were the runners-up or winners of the office of president, the one least likely to have ordered the Abbottabad raid was President Clinton. Clinton was famously casualty phobic and uber-cautious in the use of force, for understandable reasons (as I have outlined at length elsewhere, including here and here.

And the Abbottabad raid required a commander-in-chief willing to take a risky bet. Consider the factors that might daunt an irresolute decider:

Only circumstantial evidence that Bin Laden actually was in the compound -- evidence that was weaker than the evidence that suggested Iraq had reconstituted its WMD programs, according to a stunning report by Peter Bergen.
    His vice-president recommending against it.
    His secretary of Defense recommending an airstrike rather than a raid with special forces.
    A collapsing partnership with Pakistan that would suffer a setback if the raid went perfectly according to plan, but much, much worse if anything went wrong.

Under those circumstances, President George W. Bush probably still woul...

Under those circumstances, President George W. Bush probably still would have ordered the attack, as did President Obama. But is anyone confident that President Clinton would have?

The decision President Obama faced was a hard one and he took a gamble that paid off. He deserves credit for it -- credit that Americans of both parties have been reliably paying him. However, let's be honest that it is a decision that compares favorably not with Republicans but with other Democrats.

Well I guess if it took no brains, then Romney could do it!
  • luvguins 2012/04/30 22:44:13
    disagree, explain
    luvguins
    +3
    Poor little Mitty, having a widdle tantrum after the ad questioning whether he would have gone after bin Laden. Mitt was the one who said he wouldn't waste money on it, and now he is caught yet again. The raid was planned for months with plenty of practice and a mock-up facility set up for the seals. If it had failed the Republicans would have had a field day rubbing that failure in.

So now the GOP spokesman has to cry foul, and oh, how divisive taking credit for this is. I am laughing up my sleeve when these hypocrites made a spectacle of Bush's "Mission Accomplished" complete with arrival of Bush on the carrier in his macho flyboy suit. Perhaps they should go back to dog meat eating which is just as ludicrous as this.
  • mich52 2012/04/30 22:14:34
  • relic mich52 2012/04/30 22:19:07
    relic
    +4
    It was an accomplishment for the DOD and the SEALS.
  • mich52 relic 2012/04/30 22:23:53
  • relic mich52 2012/04/30 22:30:54
    relic
    Certainly not Oslime.
  • LindaM mich52 2012/04/30 22:52:01
    LindaM
    +2
    I think I'm blocked from voting so I'm posting on yours Mich. I agree, where was Bush all this time.. If it was a no brainer, why didn't he do it?
  • mich52 LindaM 2012/05/01 01:45:26
  • cddjmikey LindaM 2012/05/01 22:17:49
    cddjmikey
    +1
    I would imagine if he had gotten the Intel of WHERE he was before he left office President Bush WOULD have ordered the strike. According to your statement he did so please answer me this. If when Obama took office the Intel for where Bin Laden was laying on his desk why did it take so long to go after him ? I mean come on, he had the info for almost 3 years before doing anything about it ? Why ? Could it be that he was planning to use it as a bolster at election time ? One more thing. Even if Obama had captured the source of the info the day he came into office he NEVER would have gotten Bin Laden ! He would have him given his Miranda rights and the guy would have lawyered up and that would be the last bit of info from them !
  • D D cddjmikey 2012/05/02 01:17:10
  • LindaM cddjmikey 2012/05/02 01:22:35
    LindaM
    Now tell me where you got that information about 3 years laying on his desk? Please give a site.
  • cddjmikey LindaM 2012/05/02 02:09:02
    cddjmikey
    In your post you ask if it was such a non brainer why didn't Bush do it. The only way he could have would be if he had the info where he was. If he had it and didn't do it as you implied then Obama would have had the info from the time he came into office. It was all supposition.
  • D D cddjmikey 2012/05/02 22:05:11
    D D
    Linda's response brings this to mind. I got what you were saying first read. Great post BTW.

bey
  • cddjmikey D D 2012/05/02 23:11:17
    cddjmikey
    +1
    Thanks, I love the way that he is trying to take ALL the credit for getting him.
  • LindaM cddjmikey 2012/05/02 22:38:45
    LindaM
    I never implied anything like that. Your nuts..
  • D D LindaM 2012/05/02 22:03:57
    D D
    Reread his post a few times. You are not getting what he was saying.
  • LindaM cddjmikey 2012/05/02 22:38:14
    LindaM
    I never said that bush had that information. Where did you get that? And where does it say that that info was on Obama's desk. And who said he had that info?
  • cddjmikey LindaM 2012/05/02 23:08:55
    cddjmikey
    In your post to Mich52 you said,"I agree, where was Bush all this time.. if it was a no brainer, why didn't he do it.". In order for Bush to do it he would have needed to have the information of Bin Laden's location. If he DID have his location and did not do anything, as you implied by your statement, then from the time that Obama came in to office the information WOULD have been available to him. Your implication that Bush sat on the information and did nothing before leaving office means that it is also implied that Obama sat on the information for almost 3 years before doing anything.
  • LindaM cddjmikey 2012/05/03 02:21:11
    LindaM
    I implied nothing of the sort. I agreed with Mich and that is all. Don't try and twist things.
  • cddjmikey LindaM 2012/05/03 02:46:25
    cddjmikey
    I give up. If you can't even understand what you posted you will never be able to figure out mine.
  • LindaM cddjmikey 2012/05/03 02:59:33 (edited)
    LindaM
    You just can't read, because I did not imply anything other than what I wrote. Now don't put words into something that did not happen. Please quote me where I implied. You just don't understand my post. So don't try to put words in my mouth.
  • D D LindaM 2012/05/03 04:36:19
    D D
    I would like to think you are just trying to wind him up, but I don't think that is the case. :(

2014/11/27 22:05:44