Hey, anyone wants to say 'HI" to an Aussie.....

UNEEQ 2012/03/30 10:10:45
Hey there, does anyone want to say HI to an Aussie, living in Hong Kong. What are your first thoughts when you think of Australia ? YES, Australia does exist 'downunder,'
and America is considered as 'Big Brother,' by the majority of Australians'

So what are your thoughts on Australians, good or bad, let it loose and express what you think of Australia - go fo IT, but please be nice.

• BlackwinterG36C 2013/03/11 12:22:00
    BlackwinterG36C
    +1
    Gday an OY!!! Ya blimey dingo! Your all a bunch dirty dreadknoks!
    Dreadknoks
  • UNEEQ Blackwi... 2013/03/11 12:33:37
    UNEEQ
    They must be looking at themselves in a mirror to be calling themselves 'dirty deadknoks,' or are you referring to Australians?
  • Blackwi... UNEEQ 2013/03/11 12:43:19
    BlackwinterG36C
    +1
    To an extent your all a bunch of Dreadnoks. That and stop exporting your actors! I'm sick of watching Australian actors playing americans. lol
  • UNEEQ Blackwi... 2013/03/11 12:53:34
    UNEEQ
    +1
    How many Australians have you met, roughly?
    I am Australian so you consider me a Dreadnok?
    Why don't you phone the Movie Studios and tell them to stop hiring Australian actors and actresses because you loathe them infiltrating American movies.
  • OzSurfer Blackwi... 2013/03/15 09:48:44 (edited)
    OzSurfer
    +1
    I think it's just karma for all the years Americans would come over here and try to act like Australians in our movies, sorry but you don't say "gidday" very well and besides, your movies pay way better :)
  • UNEEQ Blackwi... 2013/03/15 12:18:54
    UNEEQ
    Most Americans are a bunch of obese hillbilly's that have all the young children in Toddlers and Tiara's Beauty Peagants which is just pathetic.

Huge fat mothers watching their daughters in skimpy little costumes parading around on stage like mini strippers. Bunch of gun obsessed feral bogans. lol
  • RoyDMercer - IFOTFD 2012/05/10 15:13:29
    RoyDMercer - IFOTFD
    +1
    I like Australia and listening to Aussie's talk, but they have some snakes down there that I would rather avoid.....

steve erwin snake
  • UNEEQ RoyDMer... 2012/05/10 15:57:13
    UNEEQ
    +1
    I have never ever seen one snake in Australia.
  • RoyDMer... UNEEQ 2012/05/10 16:08:58
    RoyDMercer - IFOTFD
    +1
    good to know. Seeing just one would be one too many. lol
  • Texas Gal 2012/05/10 00:29:05
    Texas Gal
    +1
    Hello!
    My first thought when I think of Australia --
    kangaroo

I don't really have an opinion or thoughts on Australians -- nothing good or bad. Don't know enough to say one way or the other.

On the other hand, what are your thoughts on the U.S. and Americans? I would kind of like to know what someone else (who is unbiased and is looking in from the outside) thinks.
  • UNEEQ Texas Gal 2012/05/10 15:53:08
    UNEEQ
    +1
    My personal view is that American is very highly regarded and we look upon America as our Big Brother. Australia follows all the American trends, fashion, music and anything that happens, even a relatively minor incident is always is in our papers. I lived in the USA for 12 months, read the paper everyday and Australia was only mentioned a couple of times. Our $ has been high for the last 18 months so many Australians have taken advantage of it and travelled to the USA. A direct flight from Sydney or Melbourne to LAX = 14 hours. I think many Australians are used to travelling long distances, if they want to visit Europe, the USA, etc. so we think a 14 hour flight is no big deal. Have mentioned that to Americans and they are amazed at the length of the flight time. Many also have difficulty in understanding the time difference, if I fly to the USA I arrive before I have left but on the way back we basically lose a day.

At school American History is compulsory for one year, we had to know every state, all your Presidents, the geography, history...............I have never heard of Australian History being compulsory in any American schools.

Australians love to know what is happening in the USA, I don't think many are really obsessed about your political situation, we have our...

Australians love to know what is happening in the USA, I don't think many are really obsessed about your political situation, we have our own problems here with a female Prime Minister, who is not very popular. She stated late today that she does not share Obama's opinion about gay marriages.

Many children always want to visit the USA for Disneyland and Universal Studios.

I have travelled to many areas of the USA, but I think many Australians just think of LA, San Francisco, New York, Miami, when there is so much more.

The USA is our closest ally so with the huge population difference I think Australians feel safe thinking that you guys will come running to the rescue, I hope :)
  • Texas Gal UNEEQ 2012/05/11 01:20:08
    Texas Gal
    +1
    Hello again - thank you for your thoughts on the U.S.A. :-) I was born in the town in Texas where I live now. I moved away for several years - but returned. From what you say, it seems there are problems with politicians everywhere then :-( . Another thing I think of when I think of Australia or an Aussie that I didn't mention before is Paul Hogan in "Crocodile Dundee". I like this scene . . .
  • UNEEQ Texas Gal 2012/05/11 03:57:21
    UNEEQ
    +1
    Paul Hogan represents the real Aussie man with the real Aussie accent.

I do not know anyone that speaks with that rough Aussie accent, I suppose more so in Central Australia or the less educated. Many people I know hated this movie as they were embarassed that people would think Australians, particularly the men were all like Paul Hogan.

I think every country as problems with their politicians, can't please everyone;)
  • Texas Gal UNEEQ 2012/05/12 00:36:14
    Texas Gal
    +1
    I liked the movie and Paul Hogan, but I know what you mean -- it's kind of like people outside the U.S. thinking that we here in Texas all wear cowboy hats. I don't wear a cowboy hat, but I do talk like a redneck :-) .

Just for laughs . . .
  • Rocko 2012/05/09 23:54:42
    Rocko
    +1
    hey!! whats up friend:) havent seen ya in awhile hows life in hong kong these days

and as far as aussies go alot of my best friends are aussie im not sure why just seem to always end up friends with them lol
    maybe because were both commonwealth countries i dont know
    but i like almost every aussie i know
  • UNEEQ Rocko 2012/05/10 15:56:09
    UNEEQ
    +1
    Hi rocko, things are fine in Australia, they are having great weather, a really late summer but from what I heard the weather is changing on the weekend.

Hong Kong is great, I really love working here and it is becoming really warm here and the hmidity is getting real high. Work long hours but we are well rewarded.
    Hope things with you are good :))
  • Rocko UNEEQ 2012/05/11 00:55:05
    Rocko
    +1
    yep things are good here :)
    well lets hope for some nice cool comfortable weather for ya then :)
  • Veritas 2012/05/09 21:12:19
    Veritas
    +2
    Hello from NYC!
    hello aussie
  • UNEEQ Veritas 2012/05/10 15:08:07
    UNEEQ
    +1
    Very cute and patriotic!
  • SK-pro impeachment 2012/05/09 19:30:01 (edited)
    SK-pro impeachment
    +1

Howdy!

Well let's see, what comes to mind when i think of Australia...?

fosters outback steakhouse dolphins
    marshmallow fluff
    And one very UNEEQ individual.
  • UNEEQ SK-pro ... 2012/05/10 15:12:09
    UNEEQ
    Nearly accurate, the only place that sells FLUFF is the USA Supermarket, I prefer it to Jet Puffed. In Hawaii last year we had a taxi driver take us to a supermarket and wait while we ran up and down the aisles looking for FLUFF. Back at the Hotel sitting in bed with a spoon and a jar of FLUFF, oh what JOY!
  • SK-pro ... UNEEQ 2012/05/10 15:19:24
    SK-pro impeachment
    Posted Fluff more as a LOL. I almost bought some the other day, but i have no one to the throw it at. =D
    I bet your dolphin friends are missing you. =(
  • **Southern Man** 2012/05/09 18:05:44
  • UNEEQ **South... 2012/05/10 15:12:55
    UNEEQ
    +1
    I hear so many Americans say that they will visit Australia but I doubt that they do.
  • **South... UNEEQ 2012/05/10 15:15:15
  • scientologist supreme 2012/04/26 22:49:57
    scientologist supreme
    +1
    okay and HI
  • UNEEQ sciento... 2012/04/26 23:21:58
    UNEEQ
    +1
    Thank you, HI to you :))
  • sciento... UNEEQ 2012/04/26 23:22:43
    scientologist supreme
    +1
    your welcome
  • sciento... sciento... 2012/04/26 23:41:27
    scientologist supreme
    so whats up?
  • UNEEQ sciento... 2012/04/26 23:42:44
    UNEEQ
    +1
    I am at work, very busy!
  • sciento... UNEEQ 2012/04/26 23:43:31
    scientologist supreme
    +1
    aww bye then
  • UNEEQ sciento... 2012/04/27 06:43:22
    UNEEQ
    +1
    not being rude, just work = busy!
  • sciento... UNEEQ 2012/04/27 18:06:16
    scientologist supreme
    +1
    i know your not bieng rude i understand
  • UNEEQ sciento... 2012/04/28 15:09:22
    UNEEQ
    +1
    thanks for understanding, I am not at work now though and you are not here, so HI and BYE - speak soon!
  • **South... UNEEQ 2012/05/09 18:07:07
  • David (oYo) 2012/03/30 19:52:53
  • bert 2012/03/30 19:46:12
    bert
    +1
    Hi Aussie, I hope you come visit America. I would love to visit Australia.. ;))
  • Spider20 2012/03/30 17:57:40
    Spider20
    +1
    G'day, mate......
  • $yolo swagger lover$ 2012/03/30 17:26:55
    $yolo swagger lover$
    +1
    hey and i dont know any thing about australians
  • mariner 2012/03/30 11:12:35
    mariner
    +1
    I'll say "hi" to me then!!!!

How's it going up there Uneeq?? I'll drop you a line later..

2014/10/20 13:10:22