Healthcare Decision

Leasheryn/Lady Willpower 2012/04/30 00:28:40

The Supreme Court will soon make a decision about President Obama's national health care law. Which of the following actions would you prefer the Supreme Court take?

.

• RageFury 2012/05/23 05:41:16
    Throw out the entire law and start over with more targeted reform
    RageFury
    +1
    Start over with healthcare related reform not aimed at Just insurance and designed to gain the Insurance companies mandatory customers they can shaft at will.
  • mountainman 2012/05/16 04:54:57
    mountainman
    +1
    I have been watching...watching Obama sign Executive order one after another...Watching my insurance premiums go up 110% from last year...watching my Country get taken advantage of by many of the most recent Presidents. Watching my Constitutional rights being taken away just a little piece at a time. I have been watching you Obama. I will not vote for you. But I think this. You have allowed a training exercise to be scheduled to take place during the time the elections will be taking place. This training exercise will be conducted in Colorado and Utah, with the Russian troops and the US troops. Listen people, things are probably going to get pretty hot in the States during that time. Lets put pressure on Obama to conduct the training exercise at another time. And when he looses the election, we won't have to worry about having the Communists from Russia on our soil...only those we have in Congress.
  • Leasher... mountai... 2012/05/17 01:33:54
    Leasheryn/Lady Willpower
    +1
    Well said!
  • mountai... Leasher... 2012/05/17 03:23:42
    mountainman
    Thanks...But I speak from the heart and I well mean it! Obama, no commies in the United States! No Russian troops, no "Joint Exercises", Just a good ol' election just like the ones we used to have. Before the Supreme Court had to be called upon to appoint a Czar, I do not want you for another 4 years. I want someone that is going to restore fiscal responsibility to Congress. I want a Statesman sitting in the Oval Office...not You.
  • Not-A-RINO 2012/05/07 04:41:19
    Not-A-RINO
    +1
    There are many ways of using market forces to drive the cost of healthcare down like a boulder off a cliff, but the current occupant of the White House won't have any of that. He believes it's his job to grow government, not anything else - except golf.
  • Leasher... Not-A-RINO 2012/05/08 01:13:20
    Leasheryn/Lady Willpower
    +2
    The healthcare bill is a means of shoving his agenda down our throats.
  • dill fazie 2012/05/05 16:05:55
    dill fazie
    +1
    this present law is has nothing to do with helping the individual and every thing to do with increasing gov control, increasing the profits of drug companies and insurance companies... it's a payday for lawyers, and tax goons... it isn't constitutional in the least and therefore we must start again..
  • Leasher... dill fazie 2012/05/06 01:07:03
    Leasheryn/Lady Willpower
    +2
    It's all a part of their agenda.
  • wysiwis 2012/05/02 22:17:00
    wysiwis
    +3
    Throw the whole damn thing out. Start from scratch, and ACTUALLY include what the people want.

I have NO problem with making it illegal to deny "pre-existing" conditions, but the premiums should be a reasonable rate above the average (10-20%, not the 100-300%(or more) they usually charge). Page one!
    I don't really have a problem with having children up to 26 years old or college graduation, whichever comes first. Page two!

2000+pages of only Lord (but nobody in congress) knows what, needs to go!
  • Leasher... wysiwis 2012/05/03 00:29:44
    Leasheryn/Lady Willpower
    +3
    it stands to reason, if they don't know what's in it, it should be thrown out on account of ignorance and stupidity.

This should never be a bill of this size. Each part that has the approval of the people should be legislated seperated in a manner that is easily controlled. It's a boondoggle to shove this massive piece of legislation upon us without even knowing what it contains.
  • wysiwis Leasher... 2012/05/03 16:49:50
    wysiwis
    +2
    Agreed! I asked my senator, after I found out he voted for it, if he read it before hand... never did get a response, but I'm pretty sure he didn't, and still hasn't.
  • Leasher... wysiwis 2012/05/08 01:13:50
    Leasheryn/Lady Willpower
    +2
    He probably has no intention of doing so.
  • Steverno~POTL~PWCM~JLA 2012/05/02 13:59:47
    Steverno~POTL~PWCM~JLA
    +4
    The SCOTUS should throw out the entire Unconstitutional Obamacare Law.And start over with a better thought-out bipartisan Healthcare proposal.
  • Leasher... Stevern... 2012/05/03 00:31:27
    Leasheryn/Lady Willpower
    +1
    Exactly. The whole thing should go and start over with legislature that brings the important portions of it into law piece by piece and not in a massive bill which no one has read.
  • beach bum 2012/05/02 05:42:26
    beach bum
    +1
    since people are complaining
  • Leasher... beach bum 2012/05/03 00:31:46
    Leasheryn/Lady Willpower
    +3
    It's about time Congress listened to the voice of the people.
  • DuncanONeil 2012/05/02 03:06:41
    DuncanONeil
    +2
    How about just toss the whole mess!
  • Leasher... DuncanO... 2012/05/03 00:31:56
    Leasheryn/Lady Willpower
    +2
    Agreed
  • roboto-pwcm-jla 2012/05/02 03:00:59
    roboto-pwcm-jla
    +2
    Throw out the law, and then start throwing out other laws. Its that simple.
  • Leasher... roboto-... 2012/05/03 00:32:23
    Leasheryn/Lady Willpower
    +1
    I agree. If the people are against it, throw it out.
  • Murph 65 2012/05/02 02:30:15
    Murph 65
    +2
    Throw the whole thing out and start over with something that works and doesn't have the federal government involved.
  • Leasher... Murph 65 2012/05/03 00:32:50
    Leasheryn/Lady Willpower
    +2
    Start over with something that's not over 2500 pages long.
  • Murph 65 Leasher... 2012/05/03 00:53:49
    Murph 65
    +2
    Now that's a novel idea. What complete idiot or idiots thought 2500 pages was a good idea? Let's find them and fire them. Let's start with Pelosi.
  • Leasher... Murph 65 2012/05/03 00:56:59
    Leasheryn/Lady Willpower
    +2
    Reid would be next on the list.

All they wanted to do was shove as much of their agenda as possible into this one bill and get it in under our noses before we realized what was happening.
  • Murph 65 Leasher... 2012/05/03 00:59:02
    Murph 65
    +2
    I think a great many of us had a good idea about what was happening, remember all the town hall meetings? The sorry you know what's didn't care. Their deal was, as you say, get it passed quick before someone really understands what's in this piece of trash.
  • Leasher... Murph 65 2012/05/03 01:14:21
    Leasheryn/Lady Willpower
    +2
    The voice of the people doesn't matter to them anymore. It seems to me, they have an opinion that we are all stupid and that we have to be lead by the nose to accept their agenda without question. It's about time they had their come uppance and realized that if we don't agree, we will speak out and we will act.
  • Murph 65 Leasher... 2012/05/03 01:26:43
    Murph 65
    +2
    Maybe people will wake up and start voting them out; however, mostly what I hear is vote out the guy from your district not from mine, he brings home the bacon. Until people start limiting the time they have in DC and make them come home and work like "real" people, I think we're going to be stuck with what we have.
  • Leasher... Murph 65 2012/05/03 01:31:34
    Leasheryn/Lady Willpower
    +2
    I don't know why they keep voting them back in. If they're not doing their jobs, they should go. Do you mean Nelson? He's the one we want out.

I'm all for term limits. The country will never go anywhere as long as the same old stale politicians are representing us. What we need is new, young blood. There should also be a retirement age. If they're too old to serve, they should be turned out.
  • Murph 65 Leasher... 2012/05/04 00:05:12
    Murph 65
    +1
    Sorry, I meant "vote out the guy from your district" as generic, any district, just, you know, don't vote out my guy, vote out your guy. Term limits are a good thing. New blood is a good thing. No more career politicians.
  • heirsoftheking 2012/05/01 17:30:12 (edited)
    heirsoftheking
    +4
    Obama-care sucks.

But...

"We have to pass this Bill to see what's in it." ...Nancy Pelosi (Ex-Speaker of the House)
    Nancy Pelosi
  • Leasher... heirsof... 2012/05/02 00:47:47
    Leasheryn/Lady Willpower
    +4
    This could be the dumbest quote in history.
  • Murph 65 heirsof... 2012/05/02 02:30:53
    Murph 65
    +2
    Maybe our next step can be to make her an ex-member of the House.
  • john Kills 2012/05/01 15:37:38
    john Kills
    The only thing in the bill that I approve of is being able to keep children on parents policies until age 26. It's almost impossible for younger people to get a job with benefits or one that pays enough to allow them to buy their own policy.
  • Leasher... john Kills 2012/05/02 00:51:20 (edited)
    Leasheryn/Lady Willpower
    +1
    Why would anyone want to be a "minor child" at the age of 26? And what happens if those "minor children" have children of their own? Are the parents/grandparents expected to foot the bill for an additional family. Parents can hardly afford to pay for their own insurance without the added burden of such an encumbrance. Besides, with this in effect, there is no motivation for these children to even attempt to get a job. Why should they when they can continue to suck on the parental tit for 8 further years. It's going to put everyone even further back than they are now.
  • john Kills Leasher... 2012/05/02 06:29:50
    john Kills
    Would want to make it mandatory. I have a 22 year old son who is on expensive medication. He lost he job and benefits. I will pay for my family to keep them off public assistance. Welfare should be outlawed and so should barrycare. I do like that one provision of letting a child ride on your policy if "YOU" chose to allow them.
  • beavith1 Leasher... 2012/05/02 18:55:12
    beavith1
    +2
    i think it only applies if they are unmarried and living at home.

not to say that that couldn't be abused by eventually opening it up to everyone under 26. i suspect that's the next play in the playbook. just one more creeping mandate.

i like the ending of 'no coverage for a pre existing condition' because, the way it used to be, lets insurance companies off the hook.

those two, i think should be salvaged. everything else gets chucked and redone.
  • SJG 2012/05/01 12:49:10 (edited)
    Uphold the entire law
    SJG
    +1
    Uphold the law and then correct any problems. Therefore everyone will have health insurance instead of just the elite right.
  • bob SJG 2012/05/01 13:17:47
    bob
    +1
    About 1 in 10 have no health Insurance, are you saying 90% of the population is the elite right?
    laughing
  • SJG bob 2012/05/01 20:21:35
    SJG
    Only the guy laughing in that picture.
  • bob SJG 2012/05/02 12:57:21
    bob
    +1
    you need to rethink your statistics and stop repeating the mantra of the extremest left.

2014/04/19 12:20:09