He gets the race comments started Now he wants to end it?

Angel 2009/07/24 21:00:53
No President should interfere in an officer making a public arrest  and call him stupid
This is my thoughts on it
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/ap_on_go_pr_wh/us_obama_harvard_sc...

What kind of President do we have, speaking out in a public arrest this way, it should have
been none of his business

Trying to tamp down an uproar over race, President Barack Obama said Friday he used an unfortunate choice of words in commenting on the arrest of black scholar Henry Louis Gates Jr. and could have "calibrated those words differently.

The president caused a stir when he said at a prime-time news conference earlier this week that Cambridge, Mass., police had "acted stupidly" by arresting Gates, a Harvard scholar and friend of the president's, for disorderly conduct.

Now he changes his tune... when America made an out cry to his interference

On Friday, Obama made an impromptu appearance at the daily White House briefing in an effort to contain the controversy. He said he continued to believe that both the officer, Sgt. James Crowley, and Gates had overreacted during the incident, but the president also faulted his own comments.

"This has been ratcheting up, and I obviously helped to contribute ratcheting it up," he said. "I want to make clear that in my choice of words, I think I unfortunately gave an impression that I was maligning the Cambridge police department and Sgt. Crowley specifically. And I could've calibrated those words differently."

• Innocuous 2009/07/24 22:07:57 (edited)
    No President should interfere in an officer making a public arrest and call ...
    Innocuous
    +7
    It destroys open dialogue. destroys open dialogue

• ⚜Ellen⚜ ☼True American Patr... 2009/07/27 11:44:00 (edited)
  • Angel ⚜Ellen⚜... 2009/07/27 19:28:14
    Angel
    +3
    Did you hear he has offered to buy the cop and the professor a beer at the white house.......
  • ⚜Ellen⚜... Angel 2009/07/27 19:29:57
  • Angel ⚜Ellen⚜... 2009/07/27 19:35:33
    Angel
    +3
    yes me too Ellen
  • MQ-American Values Again (AVA) 2009/07/27 06:10:11
    This is my thoughts on it
    MQ-American Values Again (AVA)
    +2
    There was a time OJ Simpson was revered and the black community allowed him to get away with double murder because he was black and had charisma... eventually he was seen for what he is, and now many of those who revered and stood up for him just shake their head in disgust and barely whisper his name, except in a bad joke.

Careful Mr. Obama... you are showing yourself for what you are in all you say and do.. it will catch up with you too..guess you were listening to Rev. Wright's hateful and racist rants for those 20 yrs after all, huh? guess listening rev wrights hateful racist rants 20 yrs huh
  • Angel MQ-Amer... 2009/07/27 19:29:33
    Angel
    +2
    great answer MQ... I couldn't have said it better , thank you
  • bluejacket 2009/07/26 00:33:48
    bluejacket
    +4
    It makes it painfully clear who the real racists are.
  • Angel bluejacket 2009/07/26 04:19:28
    Angel
    +6
    yes it does
  • johnnywoo 2009/07/25 21:53:00
    johnnywoo
    +4
    Just because Mr.Gates was a friend to Obama,the president had no right to be little this officer,his comment was uncall for!
  • Angel johnnywoo 2009/07/25 23:36:25
    Angel
    +5
    you're right johnny it most certainly was uncalled for
  • RightMind Angel 2009/07/25 23:55:04
    RightMind
    +4
    Oh Angel darlin, this is classic democrat politics playbook, get the press stirred up, keep race in the mix then walk away! In the end the spineless jackasses like Obabbles get a pass, whats left for criticism? The good ol GOP Cracker Crowd!

Once again the common ill of mankind is declared, "Whitey keepin a brother down"! This is their M.O. its one of the few strategies they still have, and of course the drive-by state run media is more than happy to assist the man-child messiah! The ultimate aim of this lowlife tactic is to intimidate the Right to refrain from criticism of the JackAss Party! Simple.
  • Angel RightMind 2009/07/26 04:22:30
    Angel
    +6
    you are right , they love to keep the race pot stirred
  • *Danno* JYD - SWMTPP 2009/07/25 21:04:42
    *Danno* JYD - SWMTPP
    +4
    The man is a rascist race baiter like ALL of the Communist Progressive Democrats. What is there to understand?!?! public arrest stupid rascist race baiter communist progressive democrats understand
  • Angel *Danno*... 2009/07/25 23:36:51
    Angel
    +5
    so true Danno, he is very racist
  • *Danno*... Angel 2009/07/26 19:31:34
    *Danno* JYD - SWMTPP
    +3
    OHH! You're just agreeing with me because you think I'm cute. /sarc ohh agreeing cute sarc
  • Angel *Danno*... 2009/07/26 21:23:50
    Angel
    +4
    lol awww yes you are
  • *Danno*... Angel 2009/07/27 00:43:46
    *Danno* JYD - SWMTPP
    +2
    You are as sweet as I am, in fact, a big ape. ;o) sweet ape
  • kalynn 2009/07/25 15:10:45
    This is my thoughts on it
    kalynn
    +1
    The problem with obama is that even he doesn't really know what he wants. He is impulsive without any thought behiind what he says.
  • Angel kalynn 2009/07/25 23:37:12
    Angel
    +3
    agreed kalynn
  • PRO-OBAMA *A group of one* 2009/07/25 14:33:38
    This is my thoughts on it
    PRO-OBAMA  *A group of one*
    +1
    I think he may have been premature but he did reflect my reaction. I think the POTUS has the right to his opinions. I think people are waiting patiently for anything they can get to attack the president for.
  • Angel PRO-OBA... 2009/07/25 23:39:03
    Angel
    +4
    He has a right to his opinion Gordon, but what he don't have is the right to interfere in is a personal arrest, if the man had been white, his mouth would have remained shut... he brings the attacks on himself
  • PRO-OBA... Angel 2009/07/26 01:57:12
    PRO-OBAMA  *A group of one*
    +2
    I might agree that it would have been prudent to not go below his paygrade on that issue but it's his job to do as he sees fit. It's easy to critisize the man at the top when we are ants. On the other hand, ants arent crusified for their opinions. You and I can be as honest as we care to be and Fox news won't be humping our leg. He on the other hand was honest about how he felt and half the nation is offended. I say I might have done it differently but when you believe in someone or somthing, you don't turn your back on them when they don't do every single thing the way you want them to. I am a black man who believes the distinction of color should be a thing of the past but I am one of many Americans. I can't do it by myself. But that's how it's done...each person decides they are Americans or "Black" americans or "White" Americans. Sooner or later it has to be that way. The important thing on this statement he made is to divide the two issues. 1-Obama expressed "his" opinion. 2- It wasn't necessarily the opinion all blacks believe or wanted to hear. I won't critisize him using the 1st ammendment even if I don't necessarily agree.
  • Angel PRO-OBA... 2009/07/26 04:25:45
    Angel
    +3
    fair enough, you are entitled to your opinion
  • luigi1- in god we trust 2009/07/25 13:15:56 (edited)
    This is my thoughts on it
    luigi1- in god we trust
    +1
    obama had no choice but to retract. if he remained silent, race riots could had broken out. there were planned police brutality demonstrations in many cities in the works that could had led to race riots. silent race riots broken planned demonstrations cities works race riots
  • Angel luigi1-... 2009/07/25 23:40:26
    Angel
    +5
    He really should not speak without his teleprompter , it always leads to trouble, he is getting Bidens habits
  • luigi1-... Angel 2009/07/26 10:13:17
    luigi1- in god we trust
    +3
    it's called the biden affect. first it was al gore, then barney franks, now nancy pelosi even caught the bug.
  • spiritualwarrior 2009/07/25 12:17:26
    This is my thoughts on it
    spiritualwarrior
    +3
    Well all i have to say is Obama and his friends have been playing this card for quite sometime now and will keep dragging this nation down untile , we as a nation will be on our knees
  • Angel spiritu... 2009/07/25 23:40:58
    Angel
    +4
    I agree spiritual
  • jc 2009/07/25 12:13:17 (edited)
    jc
    +4
    Would he have said it if the guy were white?Sure,Odumbo is not a racist!(edited to load image) guy whitesureodumbo racistedited load image
  • Angel jc 2009/07/25 23:41:27
    Angel
    +5
    No he would not have made any comment if the guy had been white, I really believe that
  • luigi1-... Angel 2009/07/25 23:44:35
    luigi1- in god we trust
    +3
    if the situation was reversed, say bush & a black police officer, the fallout would had led to riots in the streets.
  • jc luigi1-... 2009/07/26 01:03:03
    jc
    +3
    Very true!However,I think Bush had more sense than to make a racist comment like that.Odumbo is so arrogant that he believes he can say or do anything he wants. truehoweveri bush racist comment odumbo arrogant believes
  • Angel luigi1-... 2009/07/26 04:26:30
    Angel
    +4
    that is the truth
  • ~Donna~ conspiracy theorist... 2009/07/25 11:47:47
    ~Donna~ conspiracy theorists don't seem so nutty anymore do they
    +2
    Obama is all about race. It is obvious and I am tired of it. He needs to shut his mouth and step down as POTUS immediately!
  • Angel ~Donna~... 2009/07/25 23:41:47
    Angel
    +4
    We are on the same page Donna
  • Mattynr 2009/07/25 06:08:22
    Mattynr
    +3
    he has many levels of inexperience.
  • Angel Mattynr 2009/07/25 23:42:22
    Angel
    +3
    he sure does Mattynr , unfortunately its WE the people who suffer his on the job training
  • ..00 2009/07/25 05:31:12
    ..00
    +2
    I'm waiting for a president to come along with actual brains.
  • Angel ..00 2009/07/25 23:44:31
    Angel
    +3
    lets hope it's soon Chii
  • Wayne 2009/07/25 05:15:43
    Wayne
    +2
    He just showed his true racist heart!

2014/09/20 08:00:23